Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, this could be what can be described as Shin's first real challenge in the show. A monster that absorbed essence of others and turned into a boss....

Shin took the challenge and drew his sword without fear. So I guess now, they're trying to protray Shin as more than just talk and that he really can be a badass when they need him to be. Idk how to feel about Schnee..she is the supporter but I find her character role lacking.
May 4, 11:00 AM
Oct 2017
The "Dont call me Master" makes me lose interest so fast, im getting ick by that trope.
May 4, 11:04 AM
Nov 2017
Oh what he's a blacksmith.

Also Shin throwing by wanting to go back to his world when Schnee is right there
May 4, 11:53 AM
Sep 2016
Huh, EP 4 and Shin was only reunited with Schnee. At one hand I'm actually glad that they decided to take it slow and build everything up properly (well at least they tried to), instead of rushing them like many other do. On another, we won't be getting far this season aren't we? I mean, I highly doubt we'll even met
this season.

TBH, maybe I'm just desensitized from the last horrible 3 EPs, but this EP might actually be an improvement so far.
uncleqrowMay 4, 12:09 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 4, 12:24 PM

May 2010
Reply to olsn
The "Dont call me Master" makes me lose interest so fast, im getting ick by that trope.
@olsn Same.
This show is going down the drain fast.
First 2 eps had me somewhat interested but it keeps piling on more cringe tropes and the god awful dragging/delaying.

One of my most hated tropes... a mascot animal and someone living for ages/centuries but still loves 1 person who may or may not be gone forever.

Now this ep sure dragged a 2min conversation (if you get rid of the slow, stuttering, roundabout speech) into an awkward dragged out mess that lasted literally half the episode.
May 4, 12:29 PM
Mar 2023
everyting so fast
May 4, 12:47 PM
Jul 2023
Seems so lazy to just complain about tropes. Everything is a trope. They're tropes for a reason.

This show is like textbook trash isekai done properly. It's neither amazingly good nor offensively bad. Shows like this will never break new ground but it is patently absurd to expect every show you watch to be a pioneer in something. Something has to be a baseline of "it's fine" so we know shows like Highspeed Etoille are bad.
May 4, 1:46 PM
Mar 2020
MC is freaking weird....
May 4, 3:00 PM

Apr 2021
This anime was enjoyable until this episode frustrated me.

Why would he want to go back to Japan?

This life is far better and he has a loving beautiful powerful Elf woman to live with and possibly marry.

Doesn’t make logical sense.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 4, 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
YO MC...

I think you're missing something...

LOOOL

How did MC not realize he dropped his sword? welp... looks like his identity is leaked... not like it matters that much, since he's already been leaking his identity since the very beginning...

Also, Schnee's looking good, I want a cute elf maid too, lucky MC. But MC still wants to head back to Japan.

Makes me wonder... does MC have an actual GF back in the "real world"?... if so, that would make sense he wants to to return. But judging by his reactions to meeting Schnee again... makes me think he doesn't have an actual GF. That or MC is starting to be horny after spending years in the "death game" without being able to log out, LOL. So meeting Schnee "perks" him right up.

(imagine if you were to M-baiting inside the game... all the while it was also revealed by Schnee that she can observe everything that happens around MC since the very beginning of the game... she would see him M-baiting all the time... LOL) (but then again, it is technically still a "game" while trapped and I bet you can't actually go full nude or actually go to the bathroom as everything is still "data" and not "real" and is still under the game's mechanics, including anti-cheat that ppls hack into on their computers to injuct games with nude mods, LOL, and you can't do that while trapped inside the game)

amlgMay 4, 3:14 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 4, 3:11 PM

Feb 2019
FINALLY Schnee and Shin meet again. Was beginning to be worried they’d drag it out even longer, but their reunion was really sweet.

500 years is a long time to wait on someone and one of the first things Shin tells her is he STILL wants to go home lmao. Bro could just live with a gorgeous OP elf waifu and be rich in this world. I’m sure his mind will change, but it’ll be interesting to see how that happens. Personally one look at Schnee’s bashful face and I would’ve folded.

For someone who doesn’t want to be found out, Shin is pretty sloppy with cleaning up after himself. Now they have his sword and are gonna be on his tail..

Now that the cast is filling out, these episodes should start getting even better. White hair elf stans are eating so good this season
Marinate1016May 4, 4:11 PM
May 4, 3:47 PM
Jun 2023
interesting, finally they reunited after 500 years
May 4, 4:18 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure if I enjoyed this, or if I didn't. But uh yea

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 5:53 PM
Oct 2010
Hahahaha... why would he want to go back to Japan?

Let's see here... he just spent the last years of his life in a death game where he had to deal with some real nastiness, ranging from the typical aholes who continued to say 'it's just a game', those who did PK even accepting it and not caring, to grinding himself and his skills to the bone to literally solo the world-clearing boss.

Since then it's been, what, maybe a week since he ended up here? He has no reason to be attached to this world, even if his npcs have taken on a life of their own. He doesn't know them other than as automated assistants and baggage carriers, at least so far. Hell, he just MET the living, breathing Schnee!

Give the guy some time to adjust, ffs.

Anyway, the adaptation isn't great, rushed as always, but it's at least serviceable trashekai.
May 4, 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
In terms of world building, this is better than unnamed memory, however, it's still average in terms of animation and/or adaptation.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Schnee getting animated! 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 4, 9:32 PM
Sep 2010
they trimmed the fight -_- it was longer in the manga
May 4, 11:55 PM

Jul 2017
The reunion between Shin and Schnee will have to wait, for Shin and Wilhelm continuing to help Lacia learn Purify to save the orphanage. But an even bigger enemy is on the horizon: a Level 804 Skullface Lord undead monster, which Shin decides to face alone while Wil takes Lacia with him to safety. If only he had Schnee with him to help, it would be great...which is exactly how they met on the same battlefield after Shin sensing an ally. Even Yuzuha's barrier didn't help, and the reunion definitely worked to their strengths to defeat the strong monster.

Shin clearing up on his sudden disappearance over 500 years to Schnee, and it's an amicable reunion on their time together, from the Moon Sanctum to everything else. And Yuzuha can now talk, so that's something. Both Shin and Schnee catching up to Wilhelm and Lacia, they sure got a shock of their lives, and abandoned the site to avoid detection by the guild. And the inspection seems to be the exact case...

Still boringly average, but mildly entertaining in a way I can't fathom.
May 5, 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Shinya finally meets up with Schnee again.

Would figure he'd learn from the sword ordeal at the castle and not leave his weapons behind. But I guess they've yet to find him to be the one responsible for that, so it's not too surprising.
May 5, 4:05 AM
Aug 2020
a good episode that was pleasant to watch...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 5, 5:17 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was done well, didn't felt boring at all. The story has a chance to improve.
May 5, 9:13 AM
May 2023
anyway, does anyone notice the changes in opening animation thus they make it an offical one?
May 5, 6:23 PM

Feb 2019
finally, shin & schnee are reunited! i'm glad it didn't take long for their paths to cross. and yuzuha's more cute now that she can talk lol
May 5, 8:00 PM

Nov 2012
Shin left his katana? He wants to fly under the radar, but leaves clues. I thought we'd get an after credit scene of Shin putting his hand up and it returning.

Blacker than the Black Swordsman. I hope the character is dark skin. That would be some racist shit.
May 5, 10:56 PM

Jul 2008
So....the harem grows.

And the OPMC wins again.
May 6, 1:07 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to ejleon
This anime was enjoyable until this episode frustrated me.

Why would he want to go back to Japan?

This life is far better and he has a loving beautiful powerful Elf woman to live with and possibly marry.

Doesn’t make logical sense.
@ejleon You are forgetting that the Japan he comes from has realistic VR MMOs. Which means variety like space MMOs, Hentai MMOs. Also, a Japan with VR MMOs would most certainly have robot wifus. And we all know robot wifus >>> elf wifus.
May 6, 1:13 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to EvilJuju
@ejleon You are forgetting that the Japan he comes from has realistic VR MMOs. Which means variety like space MMOs, Hentai MMOs. Also, a Japan with VR MMOs would most certainly have robot wifus. And we all know robot wifus >>> elf wifus.
@EvilJuju Thanks for the info, but I’d choose the Elf Wife 😁😂
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 7, 4:30 AM
Mar 2012
Lancer always runs fast but Lacia that face. For a small show, finally decent fight.
such cute & awkward reunion. fox talks!
Interesting how npcs slowly gained autonomy.
May 7, 7:19 AM
Mar 2020
That Shin and Schnee reunion was a lot more subdued than expected.
May 14, 8:09 AM

Feb 2021
Love that limit off skill
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 12:41 AM
May 2024
Yes, you are right. But I watched the episode, and I loved it.
DarrenRiceMay 21, 4:49 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

18 by amlg »»
Yesterday, 3:44 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

29 by xXTensaZenXx »»
May 27, 1:04 PM

» Disappointing animation?

AniPeo - Apr 21

17 by StateofOhayo »»
May 26, 3:14 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

26 by YudiYusantoS »»
May 19, 12:14 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

102 by waldy713 »»
May 18, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.