Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 8, 6:01 AM
May 2024
OP theme featured for this season reveals Shido utilizing Zafkiel, Kurumi's angel, which has the ability to manipulate time and create clones. So we know for this season Shido will somehow come to take Kurumi's powers through sealing them. We should expect to see Shido either use powers to go back in time again to reverse some tragic event or take out Mio to change his past.
Jun 8, 11:02 PM

May 2024
Who doesn't want a lap pillow from Tohka, who knows that his is exactly what Shido needs to de-stress, even though she does not have the answer to all of their problems.

Jun 13, 11:15 PM

May 2024
DEM have the so much fodder they can just throw at Shido and the spirits because he can create basically infinite Nibelcole along with having tons of Bandersnatch. Kurumi clones will probably support in the fight against Nibelcole, but ultimately the battle will come down to Shido vs Westcott as hinted at in the opening theme.
Jun 14, 4:59 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to hamstertyphoon
Who doesn't want a lap pillow from Tohka, who knows that his is exactly what Shido needs to de-stress, even though she does not have the answer to all of their problems.

@hamstertyphoon Yes, this is a great lap pillow, even though it does not solve any of Shido's questions regarding what is right or wrong regarding Kurumi. Imagine if Beelzebub was still with Nia, the team would have both Nibelcole as well as the ominiscent power, which is broken.
Jun 15, 1:27 AM

May 2024
Reply to JNguyen2024
OP theme featured for this season reveals Shido utilizing Zafkiel, Kurumi's angel, which has the ability to manipulate time and create clones. So we know for this season Shido will somehow come to take Kurumi's powers through sealing them. We should expect to see Shido either use powers to go back in time again to reverse some tragic event or take out Mio to change his past.
@JNguyen2024 I think that Mio, being the mother of all spirits is aware of each spirit's abilities and will have a power to counteract Kurumi's ability to change history. Ultimately Shidou will have to face Mio and "seal" her abilities as per usual in this series. The allusions to that date on the beach is also featured in the ending theme.
Jun 15, 4:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Onigiri with ingredients they don't like, eh. The Tooka moment was pretty cute, now the war is starting...
Jun 19, 4:29 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to hamstertyphoon

@hamstertyphoon Definitely the highlight of this slower episode as we see the fight between DEM and the Kurumi break out towards the end.
Jun 21, 5:35 PM

Jun 2024
Wow this smile that Reine makes in the opening theme shown in this episode is full of sadness. I'm sure there's more to the story than her just being Mio and the mother of all spirits. Hopefully Shido will be able to resolve the issue this season by "sealing" her spiritual powers.

Jun 21, 11:59 PM

Jun 2024
Definitely think that there's more to Reine than just her being Mio or a part of Mio. Perhaps just like Tohka and Tenka, they are split personalities inhabiting the same body. I'm guessing that Shido will need to seal off Mio through his connection with Reine in the upcoming arc.
Jun 22, 10:56 PM

May 2024
Referencing the OP theme featured in this episode, I love how they show a shot of each spirit, which really captures the journey DAL has been on, with Shido and the spirits. With this season, with this episode as well as the first being a setup episode we will see everything go back to the origin spirit, Mio.

I especially love this shot of Origami. What is she taking off??!! XD
Jun 23, 1:56 PM

May 2024
Probably the most important shot from the opening theme is Shido clearly using Kurumi's Zafkiel which means that Kurumi has/will entrust Shido with her powers this season. I'm guessing they will need the time reset in order to fix / resolve issues with Mio.

Jun 23, 5:58 PM

Jun 2024
From this episode's onigiri toppings dicussion we learn the foods that the spirits are bad with:

Kotori X cilantro
Tohka X umeboshi
Mukuro X wasabi
Yoshino X celery

Miku, Natsumi, Yuzuru, Kaguya, Origami, and Nia are also shown cringing when eating their onigiri, but not sure if it is revealed what exactly they dislike.
Jun 24, 1:35 AM

May 2024
Reply to MinaseNagi
@hamstertyphoon Definitely the highlight of this slower episode as we see the fight between DEM and the Kurumi break out towards the end.
@MinaseNagi Tohka is perhaps the spirit who is closest to Shido, because everything she knows about the world was shaped by her experiences with Shido, so it's not a surprise to me that she does this.
Jul 8, 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
Another setup episode for the upcoming fights I guess.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

188 by Tropisch »»
Sep 14, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

135 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

54 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

70 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.