Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 4:33 AM

Jun 2017
There are only 2 episodes left and I don't know if I can wait 2 or 3 years for a season 2 once it finishes airing, I need more Frieren in my life 😭

What about you? Will you wait or start reading the manga?
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
Jul 2020
Bro I started reading the manga right after the premier

It is so worth it!

I wouldn't recommend reading the manga if you like to experience a new arc or a new plot directly in the anime format. The manga is quite memorable and the best arc is exquisite and I hope it gets animated with similar passion as the second exam.

If you are the type of fan who wants to experience both manga and anime, I'd suggest experiencing the manga first and wait for the anime (because it will definitely take at least a year for this to return with a full season)
Mar 10, 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
I wish we do get an S2 announcement when S1 is finished airing.
Mar 10, 5:09 AM

Oct 2023
I’m gonna read the manga of what was covered in the anime and then wait for a season 2.
Mar 10, 5:12 AM
Nov 2023
I'm definitely gonna pick up the manga when the season ends. I enjoy the story and the characters too much to wait however many years the studio is gonna take to produce a second season.
Mar 10, 5:22 AM
Oct 2019
I read the manga regardless the outcome I read manga that don't have anime so it's not the absence of a season 2 that would stop me.
Mar 10, 5:46 AM

Nov 2021
Production will take awhile so read mango
Mar 10, 5:49 AM
Jan 2017
i'm reading the manga as soon as season 1 ends.
Mar 10, 5:53 AM
May 2023
I’ll wait a couple weeks and if there is no season two announcement, I’ll start the manga. But I’ll start it from the beginning
Mar 10, 6:04 AM
Nov 2020
I read the manga before I watched the anime and the anime elevated it to another level. It’s absolutely beautiful 😍
Mar 10, 6:21 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
I’ll wait a couple weeks and if there is no season two announcement, I’ll start the manga. But I’ll start it from the beginning
@SenshadouOtaku I think i'll do exactly the same.
Mar 10, 6:38 AM
Mar 2024
Denji666 said:
There are only 2 episodes left and I don't know if I can wait 2 or 3 years for a season 2 once it finishes airing, I need more Frieren in my life 😭

fr I will start to read the manga
Mar 10, 6:39 AM
Mar 2024
I love frieren, that's why I will start to read the manga
Mar 10, 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
i might read the manga but a big maybe since i feel im reading a lot already
Mar 10, 7:35 AM
Apr 2020
Already started after episode 25 🙏🏻
Mar 10, 7:42 AM

Jan 2023
Me having caught up to the manga during the early episodes of Frieren:
Mar 10, 9:46 AM
Aug 2021
I'll binge the manga the day after season 1 finishes probably.
Mar 10, 10:05 AM
Apr 2017
I’m not sure if I’ll read the manga tbh 🥲 when it comes to animes that deal with the supernatural (magic, great battles, superhuman powers, fantastic themes etc) I tend to stick only to the anime because I feel like (this is my personal opinion) the manga format fails at portraying the intensity of the battles or the magic. It’s 2D, it’s still, motionless, it’s black and white.

Although Frieren has a great storytelling and the characters deal with powerful themes, I am not sure if I’ll enjoy reading it.

For example, when Oshi no Ko season 1 ended I hopped right onto the manga to follow the rest of the story because in that case i think the manga deals with the story much better than the anime and you actually get to enjoy and learn so much more in detail. Yet, I watched the anime first and fell in love with it. So I think it depends.

There are definitely series that can be enjoyed better through the manga rather than the anime and vice versa, and series that catch your attention in both formats. :)

That’s why I think I’ll wait for season 2 !
futarisaisonMar 10, 10:10 AM
Mar 10, 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
I'll wait,
I was able to wait for Attack on Titan through the years they didn't air so waiting for Frieren is routine for me. The payoff is always worth it.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 10, 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Janethan23
I'll wait,
I was able to wait for Attack on Titan through the years they didn't air so waiting for Frieren is routine for me. The payoff is always worth it.
@Janethan23 AoT anime fanbase really are the strongest soldiers of mainstream anime, how did we even handle all that waiting in-between seasons lol
Mar 10, 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
I've started reading after Frieren's "final boss moment/dark souls moment" as she faces Denken's group. It was so hype I couldn't wait for a week, ended up reading from chapter 1 up to the latest aired chapter in like 5 days :3

In Frieren's case it's one of those rare cases when Anime is better than manga (at least IMO).
Mar 10, 4:00 PM

Aug 2020
If ya'll are gonna wait, a theoretical next season would cover like the best arc of the story so far IMO. But of course, it depends on how hard the animators will go because they went balls to the walls hard on the 2nd First-Class Mage Exam arc. Like jeez.
Keep scrolling
Mar 10, 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
I've started reading after Frieren's "final boss moment/dark souls moment" as she faces Denken's group. It was so hype I couldn't wait for a week, ended up reading from chapter 1 up to the latest aired chapter in like 5 days :3

In Frieren's case it's one of those rare cases when Anime is better than manga (at least IMO).
@Sigmar-Unberogen It does improve the manga in some ways, and that's considering the manga is already as great as it is.
The OST is excellent too.
Mar 10, 8:58 PM
Dec 2022
Even if we get a season 2 announcement or not, I'mma enter the manga instantly after I'm done with the anime. I'm in episode 24 since I'm watching it dub.
Mar 10, 10:59 PM
Mar 2024
I’m gonna wait. I already have so much manga I have to catch up to
Mar 11, 1:32 AM
Sep 2021
neither Because this show is so boring and has no real plot
Mar 11, 2:27 AM

Nov 2018
I would start reading the manga but the anime makes the source material SO MUCH better that I do not want to spoil the series for me with experiencing the inferior version.

Saimatsu_Fan said:

Says the guy who rates something like Highschool DxD with a 10. Also please learn what "plot" actually means.
Mar 11, 4:33 AM

May 2019
Reply to Danpmss
@Janethan23 AoT anime fanbase really are the strongest soldiers of mainstream anime, how did we even handle all that waiting in-between seasons lol
@Danpmss

The awful manga art of the first volumes surely help many anime-only to be anime-only until the end.
Mar 11, 5:41 AM

Apr 2022
I’ve already started reading the manga (and it’s awesome). I hope an S2 isn’t too far off, when it does happen.
Mar 11, 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Started 3 days ago, caught up now!
Mar 11, 8:56 AM
Mar 2022
Denji666 said:

i will probably read the manga, it has become one of my confort series now :D
Mar 11, 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Rob7
@Danpmss

The awful manga art of the first volumes surely help many anime-only to be anime-only until the end.
@Rob7 No lie about that...
Jesus, I remember not knowing who the fuck was Jean or Eren during the first volumes.
Mar 11, 2:38 PM

Dec 2022
I'm very tempted. But also Frieren seems to be one of those rare cases where anime is in no way inferior to source material. Not because there is any issue with the source material, but because the adaptation is near perfect.
Mar 11, 2:46 PM

Apr 2010
Already did.
But we will get another season (if at all) after 2 years at most
Mar 11, 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to delirific
I'm very tempted. But also Frieren seems to be one of those rare cases where anime is in no way inferior to source material. Not because there is any issue with the source material, but because the adaptation is near perfect.
@delirific I think it's becoming less rare of an occasion by the year to be honest.

There were several adaptations in the past that were essentially just advertising glorified into anime form to sell book/manga.

Nowadays with streaming services actually funding adaptations themselves, there's a whole lot more passion and less business bullshit in that regard than in the early 00s-10s.
Mar 12, 12:20 AM
Sep 2021
anilogXoXo said:
I would start reading the manga but the anime makes the source material SO MUCH better that I do not want to spoil the series for me with experiencing the inferior version.

Saimatsu_Fan said:

Says the guy who rates something like Highschool DxD with a 10. Also please learn what "plot" actually means.

yes i did rate highschool DxD 10, and yes Frieren doesn't have a real plot
Mar 12, 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
Saimatsu_Fan said:
anilogXoXo said:

I do accept that. Frieren doesn't have 'The PLOT' you are asking for. If you want anime with the real 'PLOT' like dxd you should have checked the genre tags like ecchi, harem etc.
Mar 12, 12:55 AM
Sep 2021
ItzMeBr0 said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

I do accept that. Frieren doesn't have 'The PLOT' you are asking for. If you want anime with the real 'PLOT' like dxd you should have checked the genre tags like ecchi, harem etc.

if you think that the reason i don't like frieren is because it's not ecchi, then you're dumber than the average anime fan
Mar 12, 12:08 PM
Aug 2022
waiting for s2....
Mar 13, 7:31 PM
May 2022
I’m sure the manga is phenomenal, but a big reason for my falling in love with Frieren is the gorgeous animation and powerful soundtrack. I may tire of waiting but for now I will try
Mar 16, 9:42 AM
Apr 2017
Welp. Bought the manga 😭
Apr 8, 1:33 PM
Feb 2024
I would definitely love to read the manga!
Apr 8, 2:38 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to MossieFae
I would definitely love to read the manga!
@MossieFae I started reading the manga last week from the begining and I still haven't read content beyond the anime.

I'm loving it so far, you should give it a try even if the anime is superior.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

312 by robfeemster »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

237 by robfeemster »»
1 hour ago

» Idk why but I can’t get into this ( 1 2 3 )

Kloonker-Koonker - Jan 24

136 by SkyhighCFC »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

365 by imelxr »»
Yesterday, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

288 by robfeemster »»
Yesterday, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.