Forum Settings
Forums

How Fast Can you Move On From An Anime and Go to The Next

New
Feb 1, 7:06 PM

Aug 2020
Can you guys just immediately go to the next anime. Or does it take time to invest in new characters compared to moving on from the investment you had in the previous series? What is the general time range? This is directed to the concept of finishing all of a show's sequel or main story, but if you want you could apply it to a "season 1 to season 2" scenario.

For me, if its a good series that I was invested into the plot and characters of, it takes me a couple days just to process my thoughts and feelings. Espically the feeling of emptiness if it had an amazing ending. It's hard to invest into new characters and premise if I'm still attached to the old show. However, If its an alright series, I should be able to take like a day.

Looking forward to the answers!
ChrisBlitzFeb 1, 7:27 PM
Feb 1, 7:11 PM

May 2019
Very quickly hop from one anime to another.
Feb 1, 7:12 PM

Sep 2022
I start a new anime the day after finishing the previous anime. I know I should give time to process what I just watched, but I always want to watch something new.
Feb 1, 7:17 PM

Jan 2023
I've found it easy to being able to move on, even from the ones that left a huge impact on me. I usually start a new anime a day or a few after finishing the previous.
Feb 1, 7:27 PM

Jul 2019
Can immediately hop to another show if I know what I wanna watch.
Feb 1, 9:10 PM

Feb 2020
^ Yeah, same here. I can't wait to watch the next one! :)
Feb 1, 9:14 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Directly go only in few moments like this one lolllll

Feb 1, 9:38 PM
Oct 2019
Literally right away unless it's some really good stuff that left me in awe it's the next second unless I don't know what to watch or I am in the mood for reading manga or gaming.
Feb 1, 10:01 PM

Aug 2017
Nowadays pretty fast, didn't used to be like this when I just started out.
Feb 1, 10:38 PM

Jul 2022
For me it's kind of the opposite of what people are commenting. The feeling of emptiness comes even if the ending wasn't amazing. The story can be the most generic and trashy, but I always get somewhat attached to the characters and feel a hole in my chest when I finish something. For that same reason I like to start another anime right away to fill the void, by doing that I avoid thinking too much of the characters that I'll miss.
Feb 1, 10:53 PM

Dec 2020
1×10^-15 secs for me ..............

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Feb 2, 5:30 AM

Oct 2021
Not long for sure. I'm looking up from time to time which series might be interesting to watch and I'll add them to my ptw-list. When I've finished the show I was watching, I'll decide which show I want to watch next and use my ptw-list for this. So the longest time it can take to hop to the next show is one day.
Feb 2, 5:43 AM

Jul 2021
very rarely do I find an anime/ manga/ ln or vn which leaves such a big impact on me that I cant watch anything else for a few days because I can only think about it
Feb 2, 5:54 AM

Oct 2016
Depends on what anime I just finished and what anime I'm starting next, and the time of the year.
Feb 2, 6:14 AM

Jul 2021
depends on anime to anime. after finishing a very good one i take a complete break from watching anime for some time. and sometimes the anime i finished doesn't leave much of an impression and i start watching a new one right after finishing that one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 2, 6:26 AM

Feb 2018
This is the age of Tik Tok and YouTube shorts.

Very quickly.
Feb 2, 7:51 AM
Aug 2020
Usually just call it the best anime, watch edits, fan arts reactions and then just froget about it
Feb 2, 8:23 AM
May 2019
i hop like rabbit from one to another
Feb 2, 8:37 AM

Feb 2021
Definitely, the greater the impact the anime had on me, the longer I think about it as well, but I might have other anime that Im watching or wanna watch, so Im still watching anime. If not, then I can take a break from anime for an extended amount of time, because of how satisfied I feel.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Feb 2, 8:42 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
If I watched a good series? Then I start watching some shitty sports anime or some "dark gritty mature" aka boring af shit that I won't enjoy. I don't watch good animes too frequently. I need some absolute garbage inbetween to reset myself.
Feb 2, 8:59 AM

Jan 2021
Very fast. I pick up a new ankme right after watching the last one. There are some times when I deeply get attached to an anime but its very rare.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 2, 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
In the past it was really hard to move on after a really good anime, I usually even rewatch them again right away before watching something new. Nowadays, it's pretty easy. I may still think about those amazing ones I just finished, but I can easily enjoy the new ones I watch.
Feb 2, 11:44 AM

Sep 2007
Reply to Intasa
Intasa said:

Same here if I'm binging and such as long I watch in moderation with breaks.
Feb 2, 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
I love watching anime, so I like hopping from one to another after finishing it.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Feb 2, 12:00 PM

Apr 2018
I only have a hard time to move on if I just finished an anime I scored in the 8-10 range. I Usually wait some time before starting a sequel, especially if it only has 2 seasons, I just don't want it to be over yet knowing that I found something special, because they don't come around too often for me.
Feb 2, 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
5 minutes? I plan out my list about 5 series at a time.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Feb 2, 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
However long it takes me to press the back button a few times in the app and find the next available episode of the next anime. I mainly watch by following multiple shows in the current season though, so I'm always watching like 5-20 shows instead of just one.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Feb 2, 1:45 PM

Apr 2023
It can be immediately. Let's say I finish an anime, and I say: さてと....
Feb 2, 2:03 PM

Jan 2021
Depends, one anime might leave a big impression on me but then I usually watch some more to fill the void
Feb 2, 10:39 PM

Jul 2021
If it's a show that I really like, I'd call it a day and come back the next day.

But I wouldn't say that this is to "digest" what I just finished, but more to do with leaving satisfied and taking a short break. This "break" might turn into several days or weeks, but only because I don't watch anime daily.

If I'm not too invested, then I can move on to another show right away.

I can't say I've come across a show so devastating that I was left processing it for days. Vinland Saga maybe? More recently, Children of the Sea? It didn't stop me from watching something, though.

It's possibly because I haven't watched that many anime, and I started pretty late in my life. The older I get, the less I get deeply affected by media...

More topics from this board

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - Today

19 by FanofAction »»
33 seconds ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon?

Jackof-allspades - Yesterday

46 by Jackof-allspades »»
4 minutes ago

» Name 1 or 2 or 3 Males Characters in anime you've seen that had the pecs or abs?

RedTea33 - 1 hour ago

1 by Lhundrup »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - Apr 16

42 by Dumb »»
8 minutes ago

» Can you suggest some anime that would be great to watch with a girl-friend

Gashadokur0 - Today

36 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.