Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 9, 1:58 AM

Apr 2014

finally, a sequel to this amazing anime!
i've forgotten everything in the manga (minus the eh ending) so this'll be a fresh experience
i hope (K)now_name returns. their shit was
Jan 9, 2:01 AM

Jan 2009
safe to say hayashi is still the director now that he finished attack on titan

but good for fans i have not watch this yet
Jan 9, 2:04 AM

Jun 2019
We move.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

According to Hayashida-san, the production has been going on for quite a while. So... I'm wondering what the release date might be. I'm so hyped... Can't wait. I'll be waiting for however long now that the production has been decided. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jan 9, 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
No wayyyyy, kino is coming boys lets go
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 9, 2:25 AM
Oct 2019
4 years later... W
Jan 9, 2:26 AM

Jun 2014
Very happy to see this coming back!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Apr 2015
HOLY SHIT

They will really finish adapt one of my favorites of manga of all time. I am literally shaking here.
Jan 9, 2:31 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ScarRufus
HOLY SHIT

They will really finish adapt one of my favorites of manga of all time. I am literally shaking here.
@ScarRufus so the manga will have full adaptation in just 2 anime seasons? and just 2 cours?
Jan 9, 2:35 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, such a pleasant surprise!!! Been 4 years since S1. Will be waiting.
Jan 9, 2:46 AM

Feb 2017
karmashizzle said:

finally, a sequel to this amazing anime!
i've forgotten everything in the manga (minus the eh ending) so this'll be a fresh experience
i hope (K)now_name returns. their shit was

YESSSSS so fu*kin stoked
Jan 9, 2:47 AM
Mar 2017
LESSGOOO THIS IS GREAT NEWS

not that great for the animators at mappa tho xD
Jan 9, 3:03 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to deg
@ScarRufus so the manga will have full adaptation in just 2 anime seasons? and just 2 cours?
@deg

They didn't say yet.
But i don't see a reason for then return to the series to not adapt an already finished manga.

But if they are going to continue the same pace as S1 it would need like 3 cours yet. 2 is they want to rush some of the big final arc stuff (that they shouldn't)
Jan 9, 3:45 AM

Aug 2016

I wonder how much this will cover. There are some BIG moments coming up. Hyped as all hell!

Jan 9, 4:21 AM
May 2015
Soooo excited! Didn't think we'd ever get another season! Hope this leads to a full adaptation, the manga is worth it!
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Jan 9, 4:59 AM

Jan 2009
not mappa? hayashi will do it on a different studio?

https://twitter.com/kles7_/status/1744694482610917503
bio without mappa https://twitter.com/dorohedoro_PR
Jan 9, 5:26 AM
Sep 2021
wait I'm kinda confused
It's not clear what studio will handle this since it doesn't outright say that it's MAPPA
I wouldn't mind a different studio since it would be for the best if MAPPA focused on CSM and JJK but I don't see any info regarding the director
Ya can't have Dorohedoro without Hayashi the GOAT
Jan 9, 5:27 AM

Aug 2012
Aw yiss, Dorohedoro is one of my favorite manga, now I'm hoping for a full adaptation. Really looking forward to this.
Jan 9, 5:37 AM

Aug 2018
Oh wow, I thought we were never getting this. I was planning to read the manga but I guess I'll wait for s2
Jan 9, 5:39 AM

Dec 2013
It's been 84 years...

I hope they keep (K)now_Name for the soundtrack.
Jan 9, 5:46 AM
Jul 2020
No way! i gave up hope that this would get a sequel
Jan 9, 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
I forgot this existed but LETS GOOO!!!
Jan 9, 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
So stoked about this. Hope the staff is similar, especially (K)NOW_NAME since their music for this show was phenomenal. Glad to see this return and not completely forgotten after the original director of season 1 focused on Attack on Titan's final entries after.
Jan 9, 9:04 AM

May 2013
A series that I'm actually hyped for...
S1 was great, the OP song was a banger too.
Jan 9, 9:11 AM
May 2015
So happy about this! Can't wait to finally see the funniest scene in motion (the "we have to make this look natural" one).
Jan 9, 9:24 AM

Jan 2024
WAIT NOW WAY?! OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEES
Jan 9, 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is good shit, so hyped for the next season!
Jan 9, 12:02 PM

May 2018
I waited for this probably more than I wait for SBR.
My top 1 manga and really great anime adaptation. Although I didn't expect the continuation. It always seemed to me it was not popular enough.

Jan 9, 2:52 PM

Apr 2021
Been a while. Long enough that I gave up on expecting a sequel of the adaptation. Very nice surprise, assuming they'll keep it mostly similar.
Jan 9, 3:04 PM
Sep 2017
It was about time, i was starting to lose hope
Jan 9, 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
lfgggggggggggg! i haven't found the time to read the manga so i am super excited for this :)

Jan 9, 4:57 PM
Dec 2019
I'm unbelievably hyped for this. I've read a bit past where the anime ended but looking forward for season 2.
Jan 9, 5:35 PM
Jul 2017
Forgot everything about this series, the only thing I remember is this show was weird as hell. Can't wait for s2.
Jan 9, 7:04 PM
May 2018
Now I understand why MAPPA AoT felt so soulless to me and it felt like there was no passion in that project. This director really wanted to make a sequel to Dorohedoro, but got stuck with AoT instead. That's why he suddenly switched to Dorohedoro as soon as he finished AoT. What a shame. AoT at Wit Studio was made by a team of passionate people. Giving the most popular anime on MAL to a guy who has no passion for AoT and was just stuck with it led to the disaster that was the MAPPA AoT adaptation. What a shame. It makes me sad and angry.
Jan 9, 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
LFG!!! Can't wait, this will be soo good!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 10, 4:57 AM
Jul 2021
arvetan said:
Now I understand why MAPPA AoT felt so soulless to me and it felt like there was no passion in that project. This director really wanted to make a sequel to Dorohedoro, but got stuck with AoT instead. That's why he suddenly switched to Dorohedoro as soon as he finished AoT. What a shame. AoT at Wit Studio was made by a team of passionate people. Giving the most popular anime on MAL to a guy who has no passion for AoT and was just stuck with it led to the disaster that was the MAPPA AoT adaptation. What a shame. It makes me sad and angry.

You sure run your mouth huh. If you were right in front of me now, I would beat the living shi*t out of you. Not only did Hayashi Direct the whole fuking thing but also storyboarded 24 episodes by himself, directed 12 episodes by himself, has do KA and 2nd KA work, Directed the s4 opening along with ending 1 of specials. All while sacrificing his health, just to not the project sink. This man sat in the studio correcting countless layouts, genga and nigenga day and night. How could you even say such dumb shit. What did your parents teach you? To call blood and sweat of dedicated man "soulless"" no passion " if the staff didn't have passion they could have outsourced AoT episodes to small studios and called it a day. But they didn't, Jun Shishido, Kishi, Satoshi Sakai, Iwataki and the staff sat and delivered. Piece of shit
Jan 10, 6:38 PM
May 2018
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
arvetan said:

You sure run your mouth huh. If you were right in front of me now, I would beat the living shi*t out of you. Not only did Hayashi Direct the whole fuking thing but also storyboarded 24 episodes by himself, directed 12 episodes by himself, has do KA and 2nd KA work, Directed the s4 opening along with ending 1 of specials. All while sacrificing his health, just to not the project sink. This man sat in the studio correcting countless layouts, genga and nigenga day and night. How could you even say such dumb shit. What did your parents teach you? To call blood and sweat of dedicated man "soulless"" no passion " if the staff didn't have passion they could have outsourced AoT episodes to small studios and called it a day. But they didn't, Jun Shishido, Kishi, Satoshi Sakai, Iwataki and the staff sat and delivered. Piece of shit
@Anime_Skaddiel
Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. The amount of damage Hayashi and Tomohiro Kishi did to AoT is insurmountable. I will beat the shit out of you and that Probably Pretentious kid if I ever saw you two on the street. Pathetic losers brainwashing people into hating innocent studios like Wit Studio and hating GOAT directors like Park and spreading propaganda about animation when you yourself don't animate jack shit. You people are the worst cancer the fanbase created after MAPPA licensed AoT.

Arifumi Imai's post time-skip batles, Arifumi Imai's Rumbling, Arifumi Imai's Levi vs Zeke. Arifumi Imai's Marley invasion. So many stuff we will never see. His scene in Final Season Final Part Special 2 brought back emotions. It is Arifumi Imai's Levi and Arifumi Imai's 3D Maneuver Gear scenes that elevated Attack on Titan. On top of the gorgeous background design, the gorgeous color design and the incredible writing with an experienced vision of Tetsuro Araki, Masashi Koizuka and great character designs from Kyouji Asano it was a sublime combination which made Attack on Titan into an epic. Claymore staff also involved. It was a huge, huge, huge miss to let another studio handle it as it is simply incomparable. The magic was going to get lost and it did. It lost magic, they lost hype, the producer's plan to quickly cash in backfired and they ended up ruining the IP. It took 4 years to finish what they wanted to finish in 1 year. The Blu-ray sales didn't increase, the fandom got destroyed, the author's writing got affected. If the producers just ignored their greed and kept the IP with Wit Studio, wait till all the manga chapters are out and then greenlit 2 seasons to finish the anime, it would've been the best case scenario in hindsight. In this scenario, Yasuko Kobayashi will have all the manga chapters to work from so she would write it in a similar way to season 1. All the manga chapters of season 1 content were out before season 1 began airing so as she had all the chapters, she could write a well paced story. But even as the chapters were coming out she has shown that she has got the skills to still make a good anime but if all the chapters were out she could've rearranged a few things, expanded upon going nowhere plot points and with the ideas of Masashi Koizuka like asking Hajime to storyboard season 2's ending theme or adding a preview in the ending theme of season 3 part 1 we would've gottena much better story and an epic finale. The cool posters, the chibi shorts Omake segments extras in the Blu-ray, Tetsuro Araki's episode direction, episode storyboards or OP-ED storyboards, Linked Horizon involved for OP or ED to continue the theme. Shuuhei Yabuta's CGI was great in S3P2, it looked ugly because the color design was by a different person. Wit Studio would improve the CGI and color design in 4 years, they would learn from their mistake and use Ken Hashimoto's color design for CGI. Ken Hashimoto's color design was amazing in season 2 and the CGI didn't look out of place because of this. The Colossal Titan had CGI in the fight against the scouts but it looked awesome instead of jarring. Wit Studio's adaptation would've kept the fans from criticizing and there would be no negativity during the airing and it would even reach heights nothing has reached yet. Arifumi Imai's Rumbling would break internet. It would be the best animated scene in animanga history. Hiroyuki Sawano in those 4 years will come with up banger new tracks, a lot of new tracks as he did for season 2 during season 1 to season 2 4 year gap. Kyouji Asano's designs changed each season to depict character growth so it would've been a different set of designs for time skip as well. Ken Hashimoto's color design, Shinichiro Watanabe's Marley background design. So much stuff! So much stuff... lost due to one decision by the producers.

You people love to spread fake propaganda about Hayashi. "His eyes looks tired" He literally looks like that. "He works too hard, look how much he storyboard" He didn't storyboard all of AoT. "He managed the season so well." Literally took 4 years to animate 30 episodes and used CGI junkfest and bad OST selection in almost every scene. Ruined every hype moment, ran the fanbase to the ground and probably demoralized Isayama himself to continue writing manga. Chapter 1-134 (Volume 1-33) was before broadcast of Final Season Episode 1. I am very sure Isayama saw the dogshit MAPPA "adaptation" and decided to finish the manga in the next 5 chapters and end it at Chapter 139.

Tomohiro Kishi's style was a huge mismatch for AoT and is the main reason why the MAPPA AoT adaptation felt soulless and ugly. At Wit Studio, Kyouji Asano made every AoT character look beautiful and unique. If you were given a silhouette of a Kyouji Asano AoT character, you would recognize it immediately. But if you gave someone a silhouette of a MAPPA design, they wouldn't recognize anyone, at least not right away, because everyone looks so generic.

Manga
https://i.slow.pics/mXbbDycF.jpg

Fan Art narutorenegado01
https://i.slow.pics/l0qhrY0Z.jpg

MAPPA May 2020 Scam Trailer
https://i.slow.pics/8nBLjc8V.jpg

MAPPA Anime Episode 12
https://i.slow.pics/O3bPhG4T.jpg

Never say that MAPPA "just copied the manga" for the designs, because they certainly did not. MAPPA made their own ugly version of the characters. The fan art by narutorenegado01 is what you would call "accurate to the manga".

Yabuta or Park would've been a much better director than Hayashi. And any character designer other than Tomohiro Kishi would've made this MAPPA AoT adaptation 10 times more bearable. The fact that you two clowns see nothing wrong with Hayashi's direction of AoT and Kishi's absolute dogshit designs is why I never take you animation clowns seriously. Pathetic losers just making clickbait YouTube videos for money. At least I talk here, I don't spread dogshit opinions in a video to get money. What you losers are doing is more damaging to the industry. You ruin studio's name and reputation, you ruin staff's reputation just for YouTube views and money. Assholes.
arvetanJan 10, 7:18 PM
Jan 10, 7:44 PM

Apr 2021
^Someone's on their period.
Jan 10, 8:33 PM
May 2018
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
arvetan said:

@Anime_Skaddiel
Storyboarding most episodes isn't a metric you can use to gauge the passion of a director. Passion in my view is when you enhance the source material, create a billion yen franchise from nothing and ooze your style into it that becomes a signature. Araki and Koizuka's AoT, Park's JJK is what I would call passion projects. Among the staff you listed Jun Shishido is the only one who enhanced the project. Manjiro Oshio who storyboarded the Declaration of War episode is also one I would consider who enhanced the manga chapters of that episode and made the episode into something unique. Hayashi doesn't understand AoT. His vision is so lame for AoT that if he was director from the start AoT would be 90% less popular. You two clowns also don't seem to understand stylistic mismatch of designs. Kishi's designs are unique sure but they are so outright different from Asano's designs and Isayama's designs that it makes every character moment a disconnect to the viewer. The Rumbling OP has character designs similar to Asano which is why people felt wowed at the Eren scream at the end because that Eren looks like an adult version of the Eren from Wit Studio. MAPPA's Eren looks like generic long-haired character. You people ruin Wit Studio's reputation. Because of those videos, people hate on Wit Studio, some people started thinking MAPPA were the "victims" when that simply isn't true. MAPPA chose the project, chose the director, and chose to use CGI. All the bad adaptation stuff is on them. They had the excuse in Part 1 for lack of time but after Part 1 Hayashi got plenty of time. It is a skill issue nothing else. Wit Studio staff was Grade A. If you give a Grade A project to Grade F staff of course it will fall off. But praising Hayashi and then hating on Wit is what I find irritating about you two clown's views. You people hate Wit, I see it. You people disregard the staff that made AoT big, that's what pissess me off. And you animation clowns don't even buy the Blu-ray to support the industry. You just make YouTube videos to get money and repeat the sakugabooru and reddit hivemind parrot nonsense to get the most likes and have the least controversial opinions. Just a sly tactic to gain views and money and you damage studio's reputation like Wit Studio. People even started thinking MAPPA designs look like the manga which isn't true as I showed earlier. People started thinking MAPPA doesn't skip chapters which is also not true, they do the same thing as Wit. Wit animated more episodes in 3 years than MAPPA and those episodes were world class in every respect. MAPPA did such a pathetic adaptation in 4 years plus they spammed CGI and low quality animation and mismatched character designs but they all get praised all due to you people's videos and propaganda which leads to mediocrity thriving. It's double-standards and a hate for the original staff that made the IP big in the first place that pisses me off.
Jan 10, 8:34 PM
Feb 2021
nah, season covered 1 only around 41 chapters in 12 eps- and Mangas almost 200 chapters. but there fortunately a good spot around 80 or 90ish chapters in, where season 2 could leave off with a sick cliff hanger.
Jan 11, 3:34 AM
Jul 2021
arvetan said:
@Anime_Skaddiel
Storyboarding most episodes isn't a metric you can use to gauge the passion of a director. Passion in my view is when you enhance the source material, create a billion yen franchise from nothing and ooze your style into it that becomes a signature. Araki and Koizuka's AoT, Park's JJK is what I would call passion projects. Among the staff you listed Jun Shishido is the only one who enhanced the project. Manjiro Oshio who storyboarded the Declaration of War episode is also one I would consider who enhanced the manga chapters of that episode and made the episode into something unique. Hayashi doesn't understand AoT. His vision is so lame for AoT that if he was director from the start AoT would be 90% less popular. You two clowns also don't seem to understand stylistic mismatch of designs. Kishi's designs are unique sure but they are so outright different from Asano's designs and Isayama's designs that it makes every character moment a disconnect to the viewer. The Rumbling OP has character designs similar to Asano which is why people felt wowed at the Eren scream at the end because that Eren looks like an adult version of the Eren from Wit Studio. MAPPA's Eren looks like generic long-haired character. You people ruin Wit Studio's reputation. Because of those videos, people hate on Wit Studio, some people started thinking MAPPA were the "victims" when that simply isn't true. MAPPA chose the project, chose the director, and chose to use CGI. All the bad adaptation stuff is on them. They had the excuse in Part 1 for lack of time but after Part 1 Hayashi got plenty of time. It is a skill issue nothing else. Wit Studio staff was Grade A. If you give a Grade A project to Grade F staff of course it will fall off. But praising Hayashi and then hating on Wit is what I find irritating about you two clown's views. You people hate Wit, I see it. You people disregard the staff that made AoT big, that's what pissess me off. And you animation clowns don't even buy the Blu-ray to support the industry. You just make YouTube videos to get money and repeat the sakugabooru and reddit hivemind parrot nonsense to get the most likes and have the least controversial opinions. Just a sly tactic to gain views and money and you damage studio's reputation like Wit Studio. People even started thinking MAPPA designs look like the manga which isn't true as I showed earlier. People started thinking MAPPA doesn't skip chapters which is also not true, they do the same thing as Wit. Wit animated more episodes in 3 years than MAPPA and those episodes were world class in every respect. MAPPA did such a pathetic adaptation in 4 years plus they spammed CGI and low quality animation and mismatched character designs but they all get praised all due to you people's videos and propaganda which leads to mediocrity thriving. It's double-standards and a hate for the original staff that made the IP big in the first place that pisses me off.

you are beyond help. Who the hell says that WiT did a bad job? Did I say that
Jan 13, 8:32 AM
Jul 2023
I hope the same production team comes back after their snk detour.
Jan 14, 1:56 AM

Mar 2017
Hype af.

Btw, I would pay to see a fight between those 2 geek ass morons above, lmao
Jan 14, 6:54 PM
Oct 2015
I thought they will never continue to adapt this and I even considered just letting the hope go and read the manga. SO FUCKING HAPPY FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT !
Jan 22, 9:34 AM
Dec 2012
The announcement just came out of left field, I'm so fking happy this is happening
Jan 22, 9:37 AM
Dec 2012
The announcement just came out of left field, I'm so fking happy this is happening
Mar 9, 2:23 PM
May 2021
Just finished s1, happy to hear s2 got announced! Gonna read the manga I reckon
Apr 29, 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
Reply to Nemersis
Hype af.

Btw, I would pay to see a fight between those 2 geek ass morons above, lmao
@Nemersis 100% would pay, I'll bet on Anime_Skaddied though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think MAPPA will return or their will be a studio change ?

ZXEAN - Jan 9

32 by fudish123 »»
Feb 3, 8:15 PM

» Question for manga readers

Nemersis - Jan 15

7 by weiss »»
Jan 29, 12:36 PM

» (K)now Name (n)o return, or will they be back?!

mrfunnyguy79 - Jan 9

6 by Nemersis »»
Jan 14, 1:57 AM

» Finally ! Season 2 announced!

Draculoid - Jan 9

30 by gappasaurus »»
Jan 10, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.