Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 8, 2023 9:14 PM
Dec 2023
I feel like I'm going crazy but where did the Dragon Emperor shard come from? Everything online says it came from Glass's world but I do not remember any dragon fight while they were in the other world.
Dec 9, 2023 12:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Emperor dragon, hard rival for our "heroes"!
kekeke
Dec 9, 2023 1:31 PM

Mar 2010
Damn shit got heated at the end there, to think a hidden boss just comes out of nowhere lol. Poor filo damn this seems hopeless..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 9, 2023 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Playcool
@MasterHavik The fight with the turtle on the LN is amazing, it has a rather big scale, you feel it is an immense task, they cut tons of scenes of that for S2. There is one where Naofumi has to defend against the Turtle's beam attack and you feel the grim nature of it all, so that is something I wanted to see on S2, but they butchered it so much... not to say the writing in the LN is amazing, but it has its moments.

Besides, while reading the LN, what sells you the most is feeling like you are into RPG, at least with Naofumi's choices, the stuff he acquires, the monologues of what he acquired, etc. That is over time what I liked the most of the LN, since the best volume in terms of impact is the first one.

So while there a lot of slower-paced, more boring scenes, like Naofumi focusing on his territory and developing his "slaves", it is a mostly pleasant read due to the addictive nature it can get, when you go deep into the RPG aspects the series has, that you can see with the LN.
When I say RPG I don't mean about choices, but rather the MC getting new skills and weapons, etc.

There are a few isekais that are way better than Tate no Yuusha, quality of writing I feel ReZero or Mushoku Tensei have way more impactful and meaningful scenes and better character development, not to even touch the world-building.
But if you like gaming and RPGs, Tate's LN at one point can become addictive to read, but of course, it is not for everyone.
@Playcool I may have to consider it even though season 3 has done enough to get us a season 4.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 14, 2023 2:18 AM

Apr 2015
Now this is actual good CGI. Really enjoyed this episode.
Dec 18, 2023 6:32 AM
Jan 2023
Much better than the last few episodes, the fight scene with the Emperor Dragon was certainly interesting, although pretty CGI heavy. I think the reasonably good camera movements saved it for me.

That cliffhanger though is just evil, now the Shield Hero and the kids could be dead or may survive, no one knows until the next episode.
Dec 18, 2023 8:06 PM
Jan 2017
Nice to see Filo get the spotlight again. It seems that everyone except Raphtalia just becomes a background extra after getting a focal episode, maybe two.

I gotta give credit where credit is due: the show has been improving since the previous episode. Rising of the Shield Hero shines when it focuses on the characters' struggles because the characters made the show so good to begin with.
Dec 22, 2023 7:47 PM

Jan 2017
Shield Hero back at it again with the BS reveals such as Wyndia being the daughter (or adopted daughter) of a dragon and the Emperor Dragon being revived from a stone thingy Naofumi had at all times, of course
Jan 1, 8:57 PM
Jun 2012
Best Princess is the only one who remembers Filio was eaten.

Seriously they all got plot holed. Into whatever else they were talking about.

Then we have her.
Jan 6, 1:52 AM

Jan 2021
1st time in an anime that i feel like a dragon is a threat at the level of one from Dark Souls

Jan 21, 12:35 PM

Feb 2021
So basically S4 of Danmachi but condensed into at most 3 episodes? I hope there will be something more than just a buff for MC after this, but can't really see any reason for character growth of main cast for now.
Candies:
Feb 1, 9:47 PM

Feb 2021
The Emperor of Dragon soul is much stronger than him...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 3, 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
They really need to fix this curse on themselves....

and they're screwed.
Apr 14, 7:25 AM
Aug 2020
Enemies will never wait for you to finish your conversation or spellcasting during a fight, this is not a turn-based battle
I can't feel the slightest bit of immersion in these things, the way they do the script is terribly strange and bad
Apr 17, 5:22 AM
Aug 2023
Boring. Also what's with the random npc kid tagging around.
Apr 26, 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
I have so many questions, there is so many things which are just happening without any clear explanation why. Why did the little dragon decided to eat that marble? Why does the dragon drain Filo's experience points? Why does the dragon get defense from Naofumi's shield and how can he control it?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.