Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2023 2:11 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to 2Birds1Stoned
4/5

A proper and deserved re-introduction for everybody's favorite lesbian chad, Quanxi is back and slicing!!!

It's funny how spear was talking about cutting people's limb off to garner some screams yet, neither he or his subordinates could even muster a sound while they were getting chopped & obliterated by Quanxi xD. Same with Whip, she was going on about her age & strength but got absolutely rekt by an older and superior entity. The first devil hunter definitely lived up to her name. Now this begs the question, is Kishibe around too cuz it looks like she's working for the new public safety

Church have taken a huge hit and after some media-washing, they are now wanted terrorists. Haruka is immensely confused just like us readers at the end of the chapter, just what the hell is going on? They were talking about weapons so could it be possible that they still have Reze & Katana man or even something crazier in their control? The plot is at boiling point now, no break again ~~
@2Birds1Stoned How fucking funny would it be of Katana Man was in the Chainsaw Man church xD

The weapons should be free of control now. I don't know what kind of dirt they could have on Katana Man to have him in their clutches.

Reze is almost certainly alive like the others, but the question is whether she just went off into the sunset like she was intending for a bit towards the end of bomb girl arc (before ultimately deciding to head back to the cafe) or is still close by.

If she's close by, I imagine she'd try to find Denji and help him out rather than be in the church. The church seems very clearly shady once you're there for any considerable amount of time. Even an idiot like Denji quickly figured it out lol. But maybe she could be forced into it somehow? That would be terrible, given her background.
LeshenLordSep 20, 2023 3:41 PM
Sep 20, 2023 4:36 PM
May 2021
i want that quan xi coochie
also rip fiend guy idk man
Sep 20, 2023 6:03 PM
Aug 2023
QUANXI IS BACK BABEYYYYY RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Sep 20, 2023 7:18 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to LeshenLord
@2Birds1Stoned How fucking funny would it be of Katana Man was in the Chainsaw Man church xD

The weapons should be free of control now. I don't know what kind of dirt they could have on Katana Man to have him in their clutches.

Reze is almost certainly alive like the others, but the question is whether she just went off into the sunset like she was intending for a bit towards the end of bomb girl arc (before ultimately deciding to head back to the cafe) or is still close by.

If she's close by, I imagine she'd try to find Denji and help him out rather than be in the church. The church seems very clearly shady once you're there for any considerable amount of time. Even an idiot like Denji quickly figured it out lol. But maybe she could be forced into it somehow? That would be terrible, given her background.
@LeshenLord my whole thing with Reze & katana dude being part of the church is because of that old guy's dialogue at the end. He said that they would be guilty of "treason" because of the "weapons" in their basement. Now, it could just be some regular weapons including guns(general gun laws in csm universe) which is why the guy is bit troubled but...he could also be referring to Reze & katana man since they were both known and convicted terrorists. All hybrids are called weapons so it isn't far-fetched to assume that the church might have them captive or even controlled
Sep 20, 2023 8:13 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to 2Birds1Stoned
@LeshenLord my whole thing with Reze & katana dude being part of the church is because of that old guy's dialogue at the end. He said that they would be guilty of "treason" because of the "weapons" in their basement. Now, it could just be some regular weapons including guns(general gun laws in csm universe) which is why the guy is bit troubled but...he could also be referring to Reze & katana man since they were both known and convicted terrorists. All hybrids are called weapons so it isn't far-fetched to assume that the church might have them captive or even controlled
@2Birds1Stoned Unless there's some new power we don't know about, I don't see a way they could control them in that way. Unless you mean blackmail or threats. Katana Man doesn't really have any ties that are vulnerable to that sort of thing. He seemingly doesn't have any family left (admittedly an assumption, but one I believe is reasonable) and he probably doesn't have any secrets worth blackmailing.

And Reze? Also no family (that she knows) or secrets, since she was taken away as a small child by the USSR and was just trained pretty much ever since.

Not saying you're wrong, though. The dialogue does seem to be implying something like that. I just can't wrap my head around how they would've managed to take control of hybrids.
Sep 20, 2023 11:38 PM

Aug 2018
Rawr
...QUANXI!!!!
Things just got different.
Sep 21, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2022
FINALLY SOMEONE FROM THE OLD CAST!!! Quanxi is cool as always, need Reze and Kishibe asap, part2 characters aren't like them -yet- sadly.

Sep 21, 2023 2:19 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to benisgu
FINALLY SOMEONE FROM THE OLD CAST!!! Quanxi is cool as always, need Reze and Kishibe asap, part2 characters aren't like them -yet- sadly.
@benisgu I like Asa quite a bit! Maybe I'm biased because I relate to her in some small ways, but I think she's a pretty nuanced character. I really think she's up there.
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Sep 2023
quanxi my beloved
Sep 21, 2023 11:15 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to LeshenLord
@benisgu I like Asa quite a bit! Maybe I'm biased because I relate to her in some small ways, but I think she's a pretty nuanced character. I really think she's up there.
@LeshenLord Gotta agree I also relate to Asa in some ways, that's honestly weird because she's the only character I understand but can't like. I see her potential though.

Sep 22, 2023 9:47 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to benisgu
@LeshenLord Gotta agree I also relate to Asa in some ways, that's honestly weird because she's the only character I understand but can't like. I see her potential though.
@benisgu Interesting, because I find her really easy to root for given that I understand some of her internal struggles and want to see her overcome them.
Sep 22, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2023
Reply to Rembe
batmack93 said:
Quanxi showing up out of nowhere didn't make sense. Also, how is she alive? and why is she part of public safety now?

fujoshi with the 15 page chapters again...

She’s literally a hybrid like Denji, they practically can’t “die.” She was last seen being controlled by Makima so after Denji effectively killed Makima, she was probably freed from her control.
@Rembe alright sure, at this point I'm just waiting for the conclusion. Last few months have been nothing but disappointment for part 2.
Sep 22, 2023 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Not really a big fan of her she was just some hot lesbian and that's it.
Sep 22, 2023 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
Reply to Koustubh

Wait, isn't she like the blood devil? And as far as I remember, don't devils keep on reincarnating in hell until Chainsaw Man ultimately kills them? Correct me if I am wrong lol
@Koustubh Power is dead, if we ever meet the Blood Devil again, it won't be Power, just like Nayuta isn't Makima.

Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM
Dec 2020
Bom, ele explicou algumas coisinhas aqui e ali, mas não achei muito interessante este capítulo, um dos mais fracos da segunda parte até agora.
Sep 23, 2023 5:16 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to SteelingMax
@Koustubh Power is dead, if we ever meet the Blood Devil again, it won't be Power, just like Nayuta isn't Makima.
@SteelingMax ah, I see. That makes sense. Sad though, as I really liked Power. Oh well, it is what it is.

Thanks for the clarification!
Sep 23, 2023 8:03 AM

Jun 2023
each week i get more and more dissapointed. maybe it's my own issue but what- what just happened- was that it? seriously? i have no idea whats going on with the story. the mangaka could have ended it with part one itself. if it's going to be these short chapters then i might drop chainsaw man before long. not like my opinion matters.
Sep 23, 2023 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, didn't expect to see Quanxi, but damn I was happy to see her slaughter those bastards.
Sep 23, 2023 9:18 PM

Apr 2019
I miss asaden🥹

rawr!
Sep 24, 2023 1:57 PM
Feb 2023
Quanxi is back. So Fujimoto thought of bringing the ild cast back. Okay but why the most uninteresting dull character? And we all know why some ppl like her and it’s not because of her personality or how she is written. It’s disappointing as always to see CSM fans being desperate as this though.
Sep 24, 2023 2:01 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Confused_100
Quanxi is back. So Fujimoto thought of bringing the ild cast back. Okay but why the most uninteresting dull character? And we all know why some ppl like her and it’s not because of her personality or how she is written. It’s disappointing as always to see CSM fans being desperate as this though.
@Confused_100 what? Her blase personality is because of the running theme of "Ignorance is bliss" throughout the story. Also, her relationship with kishibe was an unfulfilled plot-thread so after her re-introduction, can actually help progress the story further

I totally disagree on the notion that people only like her because of her "badassness"
Sep 24, 2023 2:03 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to LeshenLord
@2Birds1Stoned Unless there's some new power we don't know about, I don't see a way they could control them in that way. Unless you mean blackmail or threats. Katana Man doesn't really have any ties that are vulnerable to that sort of thing. He seemingly doesn't have any family left (admittedly an assumption, but one I believe is reasonable) and he probably doesn't have any secrets worth blackmailing.

And Reze? Also no family (that she knows) or secrets, since she was taken away as a small child by the USSR and was just trained pretty much ever since.

Not saying you're wrong, though. The dialogue does seem to be implying something like that. I just can't wrap my head around how they would've managed to take control of hybrids.
@LeshenLord I mean, Fami has the ability to control even a strong primal devil like falling through starvation so, she might've starved them just like she tried to do with Asa & Yoru
Sep 24, 2023 2:05 PM
Feb 2023
2Birds1Stoned said:
@Confused_100 what? Her blase personality is because of the running theme of "Ignorance is bliss" throughout the story. Also, her relationship with kishibe was an unfulfilled plot-thread so after her re-introduction, can actually help progress the story further

I totally disagree on the notion that people only like her because of her "badassness"

Her role within the story was to show mastermind Makima is. That’s it. Quanxi personality is literally that of a wooden plank that just says one thing and every fan goes “mommy” mode. So disagree with what I say but it’s super obvious why ppl like her and it’s not because of her plot involvement or personality here.
Sep 24, 2023 2:22 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to 2Birds1Stoned
@LeshenLord I mean, Fami has the ability to control even a strong primal devil like falling through starvation so, she might've starved them just like she tried to do with Asa & Yoru
@2Birds1Stoned I didn't take that into account. Interesting point!
Sep 24, 2023 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
quanxi is alive that means reze might come back too
Sep 25, 2023 8:41 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Confused_100
2Birds1Stoned said:

Her role within the story was to show mastermind Makima is. That’s it. Quanxi personality is literally that of a wooden plank that just says one thing and every fan goes “mommy” mode. So disagree with what I say but it’s super obvious why ppl like her and it’s not because of her plot involvement or personality here.
@Confused_100 lol, I'm not debating why people like her regardless of her role or personality but now that's she's back, her character can grow with loose plot-threads from part 1. Sure, most are probably just blinded by hype but there are others still, like me, who are looking forward to an actual development
Sep 25, 2023 9:21 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to 2Birds1Stoned
@Confused_100 lol, I'm not debating why people like her regardless of her role or personality but now that's she's back, her character can grow with loose plot-threads from part 1. Sure, most are probably just blinded by hype but there are others still, like me, who are looking forward to an actual development
@2Birds1Stoned I'm certainly in that camp! I didn't really think that much of her in Part 1 (neither negatively nor positively). Basically another ultra-badass presence, which was good for that portion of the story, but she wasn't exactly compelling. I am really excited to see her grow from here.
Sep 26, 2023 5:10 AM

Jul 2021
page 1 :
- male , white-hair hybrid : ... listen up , oko-sama , shokun . our orders are ...
諸君 • (shokun) (men's speech) all of you men (below the speaker in rank; sometimes gender neutral)

- evil hybrids : kihihihihi , heads will roll , and limbs will roll .
- katana girl ( i dont remember her real name ) : that is right , YOUR heads will roll , and YOUR limbs will roll .

- readers : we want to see the cool , weapon forms of the hybrids .
- evil mangaka : well , too bad for you . im too lazy , so i will only draw their human forms , lol .

- readers : we want to know the real names of the hybrids .
- evil mangaka : well , too bad for you . i will kill them all , without revealing their real names , lol . and actually , the hybrids are immortal , i cant kill them .

last panel :
- ... founder-sama ...
daywithoutgamesSep 26, 2023 5:49 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Oct 1, 2023 3:32 PM
Apr 2021
QUANXI IS BACK YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
Oct 2, 2023 3:01 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was the quickest blitz.
Oct 20, 2023 7:33 AM
Oct 2023
O DEMONIO DA MORTE ESTÁ PARA APARECER!!!
Oct 31, 2023 2:54 PM

Feb 2018
Wasn't expecting Quanxi to show up, and be the one to stop the attack!
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM
Apr 2020
Holy shit what a clutch from Quanxi. The rawr was awesome too lol. But what is happening now at the church? Confused
Mar 18, 3:33 AM

Dec 2022
Quanxi's panel with that rawr part was top notch ain't gonna lie lmao but good to see characters like Quanxi again.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » welcome back shinji ikari feat. ch 167

FruitPunchBaka - 55 minutes ago

7 by GeoXsf9 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Today

246 by The_Keyman-1 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Aug 22, 2023

87 by Pentagonion »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - May 21

102 by marquinti2 »»
Today, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 84 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Sep 11, 2020

88 by YuriSpacePirate »»
Today, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.