Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2023 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
The hug at the end- SO NICE! 🫶

Bridgett is the worst, a spoiled little resentful child who hyperfixates on Challe and uses him as an outlet. I can't feel pity if you're being just as cruel, ma'am. 💀
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 PM

Feb 2017
Bridget assaulted Challe when she forced him to kiss her. I have no sympathy for her. She has so many connections, I'm sure someone could have helped her start a life on her own, but with how much she's been infantilized it makes sense how she sits on her ass and insufferably tantrums at home.

I like this new workshop because it doesn't have those giant bullshit cauldrons. Anne shouldn't have trouble there.

Also Challe gives the best hugs.
His push-back against her being there was strange. Is that for more drama? I feel like anime pulls that nonsensical 'we shouldn't be together' logic a lot.
Aug 15, 2023 12:19 AM
Apr 2014
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS SO PISSED THAT SHE REFUSED HELP TO FREE CHALLE???? Like, BITZ !!! What do you mean “it wouldn’t change anything”?!? Like.., HE WOULD BE FREE SOONER??? Who gives a f about your pride or shame, he is literally a SLAVE RN !!! Why are you being the fing “white male savior” rn! Stop with the performative bs and make ACTUAL CHANGE!!!!!!
Bro if your bestie, your kid, or anyone you care about got kidnapped and sold into slavery, are you going to care about how they are freed? Or which way is going to get them free and safe the fastest?
chaireonAug 15, 2023 12:22 AM
Sep 22, 2023 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
Oh so sad Bridget can't carry out her slavery in peace, well at least her dad is reasonable enough to give Challe back to Ann as payment for her work.

Oct 8, 2023 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
It's good to see Ann and Shall together again.

Bridget will pay for what she's done. Ann now has her chance to save Shall.

Nov 17, 2023 3:18 AM

Mar 2011
Is it just me or is this lore getting kind of weird? I don't get why a girl can't be a sugar artisan either? I'm not entirely sure if I like where this is going BUT the end of this episode made up for that! I didn't like this episode but the scene between Anne and Challe made me *-* <3

Honestly? I don't like Elliott. He's really sus. I dislike Bridget even more and the way she is written is just... NO. Not sure about this Orlando though but we will see (he seems strange and grumpy). But I love Cat. He has such a good heart <3. That's where I had trouble with understanding their reasoning... Yes, part of me gets why Anne wants to do this on her own but I feel like they could have done a better job delivering it. I guess that's the aftermath from the sloppy writing from the last episode of the 1st season.

But I still want to see more and try to be open-minded. Maybe they will turn this around somehow.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 17, 2023 3:19 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
Bridget needs to win an award for best villainess in a non villainess anime😂
@MrHunterxHunter Nah, she's just a brat. Not a well written villainess in my opinion.

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 17, 2023 3:39 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
People have already score bombed this to below a 7 🤦🏽‍♂️ childish.

I guess the episode wanted to make us feel bad for Bridget? Fuck her. She’s a manipulative and abusive POS. She complains about everyone deciding things for her, then she goes off and does just that for Challe and Anne by splitting them apart lol. You think that’s gonna make him like you or something? 😂

Finding out this was all a 4D chess move by Eliot is a little annoying tho Ngl lol.

seeing a lot of complaints about sexism in the series and that’s like.. kind of the point? It’s a fictionalized 18th century European setting, sexism was a big thing back then so yes it’s going to be a big part of Anne’s struggles because realistically that’s what a woman would’ve faced. It would be weirder if it weren’t in the story.

Challe coming to see Anne of his own accord was so sweet. I like how he’s grown much more openly emotional towards her since the beginning of season 1. That hug was so pure.

Solid opening ep for the second season
Marinate1016 said:
seeing a lot of complaints about sexism in the series and that’s like.. kind of the point? It’s a fictionalized 18th century European setting, sexism was a big thing back then so yes it’s going to be a big part of Anne’s struggles because realistically that’s what a woman would’ve faced. It would be weirder if it weren’t in the story.

My problem isn't the fact it's there and addressed... It bothers me much more how it seems like they implemented it in the last 2-3 episodes of season one, coming out of nowhere and not even hinting at it before when they had plenty opportunities to do so. It's like the writer just decided it would be good to include (much later) while writing which is a no when it comes to world-building. I'm saying this as someone who actually loves the world-building of this anime.
Wildflower3Nov 17, 2023 3:42 AM

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
Wildflower3 said:
Marinate1016 said:

My problem isn't the fact it's there and addressed... It bothers me much more how it seems like they implemented it in the last 2-3 episodes of season one, coming out of nowhere and not even hinting at it before when they had plenty opportunities to do so. It's like the writer just decided it would be good to include (much later) while writing which is a no when it comes to world-building. I'm saying this as someone who actually loves the world-building of this anime.

Months later lol.. but it was in there from the beginning. They talk about how her mother faced discrimination and had to overcome barriers in the very start of the series. Anne herself didn’t start experiencing them until later in the show because that’s when she was about to become a silver sugar master.
Nov 17, 2023 7:31 PM

Mar 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Wildflower3 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Months later lol.. but it was in there from the beginning. They talk about how her mother faced discrimination and had to overcome barriers in the very start of the series. Anne herself didn’t start experiencing them until later in the show because that’s when she was about to become a silver sugar master.
@Marinate1016 Really? What episode? Did I sleep through it? :O
Still, some more hints sprinkled right from the start would have been nice.

And I know I'm late to the party... (;

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 17, 2023 7:32 PM

Feb 2019
Wildflower3 said:
@Marinate1016 Really? What episode? Did I sleep through it? :O
Still, some more hints sprinkled right from the start would have been nice.

And I know I'm late to the party... (;

Couldn’t tell you off top as this was months ago but it’s there

EDIT: actually s1 was over a year ago
Nov 17, 2023 7:43 PM

Mar 2011
@Marinate1016 It's ok, thank you. I'll just take it and believe you and stick to the point that more hints would have been nice to establish it more. It doesn't bother me much, it's just something I've noticed.

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 6, 2023 11:31 PM
Feb 2023
Give "the saddest backstory to ever saddest backstory" to the blonde girl and still I wouldn't have it in me to cry for her... This little homewrecker from season one has been written in such a way that has sucessfully grinded my gears and shriveled up the ocean of empathy that resides in my heart. I don't care how sad your backstory is it's not an excuse for that a horried behavior you extend to others, Bridget Page.
Dec 12, 2023 3:45 PM
Dec 2023
كيف اشاهد الحلقه
May 22, 7:58 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to GreenDLight
"I understand...you were decieved,robbed,you lost person that means much for you....want me to press and bring him back..ann?"
Anns answer-"No.....no need....its my fault that they robbed and decieved me,and enslaved him....my sugar honour do not allow me to accept your help.,ill free him on my own...after he be slave for months..and after that i finally will rescue him!!"
-"....I knew that womans logic will prevail,cat lose!!"
And someone,please,put last picture of Shall standing there and saying-"Bakaa"
@GreenDLight yessss, that's exactly what I thought... I liked Anne in the first season, but this attitude of putting her pride before Shall's wellbeing made me dislike her enough already...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

45 by Sushi_died »»
Jun 12, 1:23 PM

» This is my prediction about Bridgett…

Skoorb - Jul 7, 2023

20 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:30 PM

» Season 2???

RjtheGreat14 - Nov 22, 2023

9 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2023

31 by jumbosan »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2023

29 by jumbosan »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.