Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2023 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
Is no one discussing the actual movie yet?

It is none canon right?

Does Haibara really like Conan that much?

To be honest I expected the whole place to completely blow up more, but I guess they had to leave some place for them to survive lol.

Did they ever make a movie that was not about blowing a building up?
Jun 17, 2023 10:04 PM

Sep 2008
The movie was great.

It blew my expectations out of the water.

It's been a while since we've had a movie centered around the Black Org, so this was very refreshing.

The movie isn't canon as everyone knows by now, but it somehow references Movie 20 briefly and hints at something big that hasn't been revealed yet.

It's definitely worth watching!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Jun 20, 2023 4:53 AM
Jun 2020
Why did Ai kiss Ran? Is it because Ai wants to get rid of Conan's kiss marks? or she wants to return the kiss she got from Conan to Ran?
Jun 22, 2023 5:05 AM
Feb 2015
good4869 said:
Why did Ai kiss Ran? Is it because Ai wants to get rid of Conan's kiss marks? or she wants to return the kiss she got from Conan to Ran?

Per Haibara, she wanted to return the lips to her.
Jul 3, 2023 8:27 PM
Jul 2023
Aoyama's sensei movie masterpiece so far
Jul 5, 2023 5:13 AM
Jul 2023
In my opinion, the best movie with the Black Organization. The suspense, action, and plot all flowed perfectly. The animation was smooth as well. Each major character had their time to shine.
Jul 7, 2023 3:32 AM

Oct 2015
Best ayumu murase performance by far
Mashallah
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jul 8, 2023 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
it's an exciting conan's movie.
after all its involving Black Organisation

Just curious with few things.

1. Do Haibara have romantic feelings to Conan? Because it seems more intense than previous films/episodes.
  2. Curaçao name came out. noice. I thought her name died in the 20ᵗʰ movie. hahaha
  3. Hyoue Kuroda is aware of Bourbon's real identity right? can't 100% remember the plot in manga. I think it was revealed they have some connection right?
  4. Im curious with Vermouth motive. Is this ever revealed in the manga why (the motive) she indirectly helped conan/ai? All I could remember is she helped Yukiko few times. Foreshadowing for the upcoming reveal as well?
  5. Do Aoyama just introduced premise where Black Organisation is fucking big like Rogue Nation (Mission Impossible). Since, they able to get their hand on working submarine and willing to burnt it just to avoid trace to them?

It was intense conan movie.
but, Im still a lil bit weird on :

• Why Interpol never do the vetting process for their engineer? For such a big project I thought it''s the bare minimum for super tight access privilage for their personal.
  • Why such a big project from Interpol doesn't have decent security? And isnt black organisation move just expose Japan's security flaw when unknown submarines can attack very important infrastructure on Japan's soil? isnt this is wayy too big of an incident for participating nations to ignore?
Jul 9, 2023 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
It was good, but not so great, movie. at least I enjoyed watching it.
tsubasaloverJul 10, 2023 11:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2023 8:15 AM
Jan 2018
At this point I ship Conan with Haibara lol. Was on team Ran the whole time but her realizing maybe she has feelings for him, made me also understand perhaps this is for the best, haha!
Nov 30, 2023 2:34 PM

Apr 2020
It was good but it was one of the weaker ones imo.
7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 1, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2019
I felt it was very easy to deduve who Pinga was disguised as and also I felt that some characters were kinda off in this movie, in the sense that, in general, the BO always takes out anyone who witnesses them or interferes with them but Ran was left alive even though she saw Vodka, also Conan's identity was exposed to Pinga, which should've been a CRAZY big deal but Conan didn't really do anything to stop Pinga, had the latter not been done in by Gin, Conan would've been exposed to the BO! I think it was really not in-character of Conan to just let Pinga go and not do anything to stop him. The plot also wasn't all too good, so all-in-all, it was definitely one of the weaker DC movies.

...But it had CoAi moments, so 8/10 :p
Dec 3, 2023 5:55 PM
Oct 2019
It was a very good movie, my only regret is that we didn't saw Shinichi in his actual body, it was teased with the antidote in his pillcase but he didn't use it, a shame since it's a long time since we didn't saw Shinichi in a movie, the last time was Kaito taking his appearance.
Dec 4, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great movie, the beginning was slow, but after that, a lot of things happened with a lot of good scenes, the ost was good, i enjoyed more than what i was expected...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 15, 2023 10:36 AM
Dec 2023
Compared with previous series, it is a masterpiece. The love story of the two little adults attracted me.
Dec 16, 2023 8:28 AM
May 2017
Best conan movie to date. Nuff said.
Dec 20, 2023 5:11 AM

Jul 2022
Definitely one of the best movie.
Enjoyed from the start till the end!

We got some Vermouth <3 scenes that's always +1.
Haibara (Sherry) kind of revealing her feelings to Conan (Shinichi) even though he didn't know.

Loved the fighting scene with Ran. (This time she isn't as 'filler' as she normally is.

Rated it 9/10

More movies like this!
Dec 24, 2023 3:07 PM

Nov 2016
With high tech surveilance it was only a matter of time for the Black Organisation to be eventually on something to get Ai.

Was a prett good movie with some exciting beats again. Ai thinking that she must leave everyone behind because she's in immediate danger is an occasional theme I thought was already handled better in the main series, tho. Well, I still liked that she had her share of kisses here and Ran throwing hands with the BO was something I need more of.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2023 4:11 PM

Sep 2013
Oh my god there's more romance progression between Kudo & Sherry in this.

Really loved this movie really great. 9/10.
Dec 27, 2023 4:53 AM

Sep 2021
Now this 26th movie will redeem the very boring 25th movie.

Aside from it centers around the Black Organization, the chase on land and air was great.
Dec 27, 2023 9:38 AM
Apr 2021
Such a great movie I love how it centered on the Black Organization and Sherry + it was so cool seeing Gin and Vodka back in action and the animation was TOP TIER as usual with these new Conan Movies I just love seeing it tbh😭🔥

And bro i never do ships and while I was usually with the Shinichi x Ran ship, I’m now on the Haibara x Shinichi ship bc they’ve been through much with each other more than him and ran I’m sorry to say that but that’s all I’ve seen from this show since Haibara was introduced + they finally kissed each other😩💙🧡💙🧡 but I’m fr shocked at when SHE KISSED RAN😭💀😭

Anyway I wonder why Vermouth calls Shinichi silver bullet? Is it bc of the fact he saved her in New York? So many questions😫

Anyway I give this movie a 9/10 I throughly enjoyed this :DDDDD
Dec 29, 2023 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
Those flashbacks of Naomi (and Shiho) growing up in Boston really hit close to home for me. Back in the day, getting bullied just for being different, in this case, being Asian or mixed, wasn't unheard of when you were in the minority, especially if you were the only one in the whole class. Both in the past and the present, kids are still the worst, at least as far as public schools go. Now I'm curious...is Naomi also around 18-20 like Shiho is supposed to be currently?

As for the All-ages recognition system--that sort of thing has already existed for several years now, from simple smartphone apps that age you up from an image, to seeing how your children might look like if you took two photos merged together. Also, the part with false positives for similar-looking people. Even mass-surveilance-state monitoring has existed for decades now in some form or another, all without the need for supervillain-esque underwater facilities that look like it was built for a Bond movie. That being said, it's a bit unsettling to know that for the most part, all the technology in this fictional movie being used for crimes already exists IRL, from deep fakes to AI image recognition.

I'm glad knockoff Guile from Street Fighter got what he deserved.

For most of the movie, I was curious about how Pinga fit into the movie besides the kidnapping scene...can't say I say I saw it coming when they revealed his alter ego disguise. That was a surprise.

If there was one discrepancy, it'd be why Vermouth covered for Haibara knowing she's alive. She absolutely tried to kill her in the Bell Tree Mystery Train tour arc.

Overall, I liked this movie better than most of the previous ones. What a fresh take for the movie setting to be in a submarine/mostly underwater. It's usually an urban landscape with a bomb going off at the top of a skyscraper and Conan going "RAN!" for half the movie. With the focus being mostly Ai x Conan, even the kiss scene was wholesome and funny...this movie is easily one of my favorites along with the Karuta-themed movie with Hattori, regardless of the mories not being canon.

Speaking of Hattori...next movie preview, looks like it'll be Hattori vs Kid, and another kiss scene?. Pretty stoked for that in 2024...although for Eng subs, I imagine most of us won't be seeing it until very late 2024 around this time next year.
Estoy_GordoDec 29, 2023 1:20 PM
Jan 3, 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
haibara x ran is OTP.
their kiss is Hot

but seriously tho, gosho should stop giving haibara fans hope lol
Jan 5, 7:30 PM

Mar 2020
I'm honestly speechless, this was one of—if not— the best 20s DC Movie. The long wait was worth it. This was definitely one of the most comprehensive ones in terms of the cast, we got all the big dogs in one movie lol (BO, Akai, Amoru...), only Kid and Heiji were missing who will star the next one. Pinga was a great addition to the BO, those fight scenes against Ran were amazing.

What's also so funny is how many double agents the BO has, Kir and Amuro played a big part in this movie. Vermouth is such a confusing character, it looks like she has a soft spot for Conan and Haibara. Speaking of that, they went HEAVY on the Conan-Haibara ship in this movie lol this is the first time they made it this plain lmao. I'm glad Haibara got a movie centered around her, it was great to see a change in her character for once. Can't forget about the "IKEEEEE" moments from Conan too, definitely a staple of DC movies.

Overall, this was an outstanding movie. The theme of Tech and Ai was cool too. They never disappoint with the movies, but this one was special.
10/10
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 14, 8:25 AM

Jun 2016
The best ending of any Conan movie
Jan 24, 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing guest seiyuu, Kamiya, Suwabe and freaking Murase Ayumu doing THAT role. Geniuses.

I enjoyed it. It's not one of the best Conan movies for me but I still liked it and it kept me interested.

Crazy how Conan x Ai is so easily shippable but evidently never gonna be canon in the end 😭
Feb 2, 8:56 AM

Jun 2014
I liked this movie, not the best but worth to put it on third place after 20th on second and 15th on first. I know this not canon, but i really hoping now that Conan would go for Haibara instead of Ran LMAO, i think their chemistry are made for each other. This movie is really break the typical by more focusing on Haibara X Conan than Conan X Ran, and I LOVE It. Tbh i really had enough of Conan x Ran from all of the previous movies. Well but in the end, once again it's not canon so i think i should put my expectations on the lowest on Conan x Haibara
Feb 14, 6:27 PM
Mar 2019
Best of the movies in a while.
Conan brings the Football trick out right at the end, thought he'd forgot about it.
Feb 22, 12:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice film, full of action and tension, and watch again a lot of "blacks" was cool, Vodka and Gin and their horrible faces!!!

Haibara kidnapped was full of emotion!!
The Ran´s fighters were cool although she never won!!!
Conan did his work, the most important!!
Kogoro was the most happiest of all the film!!

I liked a lot of....

8/10

kekeke
Mar 30, 9:48 PM

Mar 2019
Guessed the identity of the old woman at the very beginning, kind of convoluted nail polish plot line. Kind of weird for the supposed master of disguise to be wearing nail polish regardless of the profile, of the alleged disguise. Conan that hand trick only works if the other person thinks you're also French, sodium chloride boy, like do you think everyone else around you is stupid Jimmy Neutron. I appreciate that the clues were there, but most of them were just a tad bit on the nose from which we arrive to even more convoluted and convenient plot points.

At the very least this time the culprit was given away due to Ran's superhuman strength rather than any perceived notion of failing to perform femininity - I was half wondering whether Conan would pull an Ace Ventura on the audience, the "she has an Adam's apple" shouted by Ed sure seemed to point in such a direction. A bruise is not incriminating information, and having an Adams apple as a woman isn't either, considering how such a feature is present in both sexes, while not often as prominent in women. Conan sure is lucky that the culprit just admitted to being the culprit, considering how easily both of these could've been explained away by the culprit. As for the bruise the culprit could've at the very least have claimed to have injured themselves some other way, regardless of the implausibility of Conan seeing Ran's fight with the culprit in the first place. Or Conan hearing the kidnapper talking about the fight in the car, or him deducing such from the kidnapper holding their neck, considering how the conversation and action took place in a moving car; both loud and you know moving. Regardless of execution; quite the obvious plot point and on top of that quite the lazy shock value twist. No culprit, you should've doubled down after claiming shock, why are you just giving yourself away, at least make it so that Conan's deducing something instead of gambling, you can't just start with saying that the culprits a man without giving compelling deductions for that claim. Conan doesn't have time for realistic rebuttals against his claims but whatever.

Why did the guy have cornrows, what was the functionality of it all - given how minimalist Conan's designs are you'd expect for them to appreciate functionality, what other points of information can be derived from this character design choice other than, kind of weird for a white guy to have that hair style.

Gin back at it again, honestly as this point you'd question whether he is also a double agent, with his inherent demotivation regarding anything that doesn't involve Akai possibly being alive. Such a strange discrepancy for him to only question the plausibility of death in that one case, even if evidence has arisen to the contrary on other occasions regarding the deaths of other characters. That's like thrice now.

I don't appreciate the sappy Haibara and Conan content. Bye Bye big brother world woman, none of the goals of equality are exactly being achieved by giving this technology to interpol, even if it did benefit your dad over at the European parlament. Current facial recognition technology does have difficulty with recognizing people with color though so the movie does have a point there, I really liked the trick the culprit used, given how it was actually a realistic use of AI for the trick (rare are the uses which don't infringe on the rights of others), rather than them just throwing around the term.
KumiveneellaMar 30, 10:23 PM
Apr 6, 11:41 AM
Jul 2022
Ran's karate skills have been nerfed. Boooo.

More plot development with the BO than we've gotten on TV in years. YAAAAY.

Five stars.
May 4, 7:08 AM

May 2021
Damn this is a pretty good movie from Conan in the recent few years.

More topics from this board

» Hype (?)

Uncrow - Nov 8, 2022

37 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 28, 10:01 PM

» Can I watch this with 0 detective Conan knowledge?

APolygons2 - Jan 7

5 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 28, 9:58 PM

» Is this canon?

shuffle_017 - Jul 8, 2023

13 by shuffle_017 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:34 AM

» when we will have the CAM version, if anyone have it please share link here

titan-19 - May 17, 2023

1 by xxmsxx »»
Jul 5, 2023 5:06 PM

» They cant keep getting away with this

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 22, 2023

1 by ixarising »»
Apr 23, 2023 10:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.