Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 19, 2023 7:40 AM
Apr 2021
its bad so bad i did not like it at all i wont be continuing
Apr 23, 2023 9:24 PM
Dec 2015
S'ok.................
Apr 27, 2023 1:31 PM
Apr 2023
Опенинг и ендинг прикольные, прям супер. Жаль что не все аниме такое. Думал что какое-то артхаусное аниме про постапок, но как оказалось кал про задротов. Мне стыдно за это...
Apr 28, 2023 8:12 PM
Mar 2017
I decided to give this show a watch despite having low expectations.

This show was described as feeling like Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann and I really love giving anime originals a chance because they get a blank slate and can sometimes do a lot more with the medium of animation.

This show...

This show is garbage. I am used to isekai generic 'mid' being the low of the seasonal anime that or something so degenerate that I can't even fathom watching. This feels like it has been the case for a few years now, but this really is not 'mid'. It's real shit, let me break it down.

1. If you were hoping for more Gainax/Trigger vibes you will probably be very disappointed. This show seems like it's trying too hard to be that. Maybe they aren't trying hard enough? It's really shallow imitation and at times seems like a blatant rip off of specifically Kill la Kill. They tried to jack some of Sushio's character design concepts, style, and features but is TOTALLY inconsistent. (Anarchy speficially through out this episode, she sometimes has very "Sushio" eyes and then in other shots she has completely different eyes. The entire visual language seems jacked from Trigger/Gainax but really mostly Kill la Kill, the colors, some of the effect, backgrounds, trying to do the "lazy animation" thing but it's actually just lazy and has very little charm or humor, fucking tell me that anarchy's transformation sequence isn't way too close to being Ryuko's from KLK. If you have seen Kill la Kill as many times as I have then you will instantly notice what I am talking about and it would be criminal if this show actually meant anything.

2. It's not funny? Like it has a good bit of potential here, and I think it's supposed to be funny? There are actually like no jokes in the first episode, besides like one booger flick power move. The concept I think is supposed to be funny... right? But they don't write the humor. I would have loved to see the humor in a bunch of Otaku trying to fight a war but instead they attempted fast pacing and a bunch of background kinda. It could be funny, but how?

3. Why? This show is just cringe and not in the good way. It doesn't feel like it's about Otaku, it feels like what people think cringe Otaku are or can be. Like it doesn't actually make it's case to the audience (Otaku and the similarly afflicted), as to how or why they should relate to this, maybe this changes? Maybe some of these characters are written as characters and not as meaningless dialogue. I this whole episode doesn't teach us anything about any of these characters who the hell are these fucks why should I care? It hardly teaches about the plot they want to make, I barely know any motivations or what the fuck is going on. I don't care that they are killing weebs this shit isn't treated with any level of seriousness but then also doesn't punch it up to be funny. The first episode should tell me why the fuck I should watch but instead it's just a shit show of trying to hard to be fast paced with no emotional or comedic through lines. There was not point in the whole episode where my expectations were subverted or my questions answered or even feel like I was in a world. It was just face value garbage.

4. Seriously why? I have still seen people comment things like "Gainax energy right here and I love it". I don't understand how anyone could realistically think this, it looks awful, it doesn't have any characters only thing I know is the MC is named Otaku hero that's pretty much it after a whole episode. THERE ARE ALMOST NO JOKES and everything feels like it's catering to their "wacky" concept. This next part is inexcusable for me but if this comment of mine is critiqued I feel like I am likely to get a smooth brained retort, but it just doesn't make any sense. Give me any fucking reason, give me any sort of understanding of the world and how it operates. The concept is only funny or interesting (war on weebs) if the world is realistic, and half of the first episode makes you think this is the case, but then this random magical girl bitch just whips out a transformation and just wrecks single-handedly, it was a total gut punch, magical girl transformations should be magical and for a reason right? Instead this bitch just needed the clothes to change into and they weren't woven with some crazy life fibers. GIve me anything! Please! Anything that helps me HAVE expectations so you can subvert them, if all the characters are bland and the only thing I have to go on is the concept it doesn't make anything hit. Why was anarchy crying from a storytelling perspective? Why make that character cry when she gives up on pretending to be the leader? Why does she care for the leader? How is he a good leader? What is her relationship to him? LITERALLY WHO THE FUCK ARE ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS? These are questions the show should answer before trying to make an emotional scene. Gainax/Trigger shows get away with fast paced episodes becuase they are steeped in character, they make that THE priority, even over the concept which really works best dosed out slowly. JUMP straight to characters then give us all the details. MEET SIMON THE DIGGER then "Oh holy shit these people lived underground, why? who are the beastmen? This is so cool" MEET MATOI RYUKO a rebellious girl who lost her father and is just looking for answers THEN "Oh shit life fibers are like alive? Her dad worked with life fibers? Why does this one school have crazy super powered uniforms? How was Ryuko's dad involved? What are life fibers?" This show instead opts for "MEET THE WORLD it's a world with out otaku but also there is magic i guess and flying pointless talking mascot animals... oh and the main characters looks like this and are named this" It lays no threads bare for me to tug on, the only question I am left asking isn't in the world of the show it's about the show existing in this world? Why did they make this? What are they trying to do? Did they literally rip off Kill la Kill? What do they want me to think is happening? What do they want me to think is funny?

I might try to watch the next episode but this is honestly upsetting and I don't think I need to do that for the sake of strengthening an argument I am posting on the internet.
Apr 29, 2023 4:11 PM
Jan 2021
I love opening video and flower and Anarchy-chan in the video.
May 4, 2023 6:16 PM
Jul 2017
This without a doubt is a animation masterpiece, and holy damn did this catch me off guard and flew completely under the radar for me!
May 4, 2023 6:17 PM
Jul 2017
This without a doubt is a animation masterpiece, and holy damn did this catch me off guard and flew completely under the radar for me! outro is absouletly insane and i love ever single second, like a bad dmt trip while hardcode rave music just blasts.
May 4, 2023 6:17 PM
Jul 2017
This without a doubt is a animation masterpiece, and holy damn did this catch me off guard and flew completely under the radar for me! outro is absouletly insane and i love ever single second, like a bad dmt trip while hardcode rave music just blasts.
May 6, 2023 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
I went in blind, but it's giving Magical Girl Madoka x Kill La Kill with very slight FLCL undertones.  The ending is pretty damn cool, the animation's surprisingly good throughout, hope it stays that way!
May 8, 2023 6:54 PM

Apr 2023
PURE ABSOLUTE SOVLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
May 17, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
Gives me the nostalgic feelings of punch line
May 17, 2023 8:27 PM
Jun 2012
5/5 Would anarchy chan without a parachute again.
May 17, 2023 10:50 PM
Nov 2015
Say-My-Name said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
This flag reminds me of some American anime/manga company's logo and my brain cannot figure out which one.  Somebody help me out here?

Episode was kinda meh.  Yet another "Otakus are being persecuted" anime.
Pretty sure it's manga entertainment.
the flag design is most likely a reference to some of the logos used by the mad capsule markets, a japanese band the show's creator inagawa jun seems to be a fan of 
examples: the second posterthis stickerthis VHS tape
Jun 1, 2023 5:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Otaku hunt?? That's some crazy concept, and it looks visually good, some really good parody start so far to be honest, and with the OP at the end I see we have to be ready for anything ahaha
Jun 13, 2023 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
That was an interesting episode... tho kinda weird at times.

But from how it looks, this isn't actually to be based on the RL otaku culture... since there's actual evil organizations and heroes (magic girls)

Where the evil organization was successful in mind controlling the government and majority of the population and weed out the rest of heroes and magic girls.

Also... seems like a lot of ppls back in episode 1 is praising how good the series is... while at episode 10, and current rating... it seems to be the opposite eh? LOL

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 29, 2023 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Cool and stylish.

Subtitles are from the depths of meme hell, as expected. Changing what was said entirely to suit American culture. But other than trashy American subs the anime seems like a sound concept. Now let's see what they will do with it.
Jul 23, 2023 7:14 PM
Jul 2022
NESTE EP COMECEI A JORNADA
Aug 9, 2023 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
experimental anime are alway weird and wacky, but it look like they went insane for this one, just look at the last 20s of the opening
Aug 10, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2022
OK, eu não entendi esse primeiro ep. a premissa parece ser bem bobinha, mas talvez me surpreenda ?? a forma como o anime começou não me impressionou muito, confesso que realmente fiquei meio confuso. Vou dar uma segunda chance e irei conferir o episódio 2.
Sep 23, 2023 11:11 PM

Jan 2023
I have no clue what I am watching. Feels like a fever dream, but at the same time interesting. Awesome outro though!
Nov 6, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2023
This is bad, BAD i say
Dec 17, 2023 6:06 PM
Sep 2023
Its not for every one, but i really enjoyed the references and the concept in general!
Jan 30, 6:18 PM
Feb 2021
Great first episode and I love the protagonists contrast between appearance and actions.
Jan 30, 11:31 PM
Jul 2023
I liked it. It was alright, not the best, not the worst
Feb 9, 2:49 PM

Dec 2021
shut up!!! how can the 1st ep b this yuckie eww disappointing with an op like that?!?! i am shocked fr fr
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Dec 2022
"She's murdering!" I think it should be "She's killing it!" or something, LOL.
Over-the-top insanity, not sure what to think yet O_O
May 16, 5:18 PM

May 2021
Saw the OP somewhere and really got my attention
Surprised by its lower rating though maybe because of its weirdness

Weird plot but its funny
Character design looks nice but animation is nothing special
So far it doesn’t really get my attention the same way the OP originally did
Karva1May 16, 5:37 PM
Inhales oxygen
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by katakumplat »»
May 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

100 by Chipp12 »»
May 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

92 by Karva1 »»
May 16, 5:52 PM

» Does this show really deserve a 6.38

Acejaka12 - Jul 14, 2023

13 by KayKimii »»
May 12, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 6, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.