Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2023 10:44 AM
Aug 2020
finally it was over
they should change the theme of this from an adult cast to a children's den play, it was horrible, a really nasty story
Apr 17, 2023 4:26 AM

Nov 2019
I... I have no idea what to think about this series. The beginning is a jumbled 4-koma mess, then it straightens itself out into a plot-driven comedy which turns into an action-drama only to then repeat the cycle before suddenly becoming an Inuyasha reboot.

Undeniably high production values, abnormally high production values in fact, but it's otherwise all over the damn place.

One thing that does stand out as a noteworthy negative though is the isekai element. There's no reason for Saitou to have come from another world, and his jarringly out of place handyman uniform consistently detracts/distracts from whatever the series is trying to accomplish at any given time (regardless of whether it's in comedy, action, or drama mode).
Apr 17, 2023 9:10 AM
Jun 2021
I liked it overall, but was so fkin overwhelming at times with the random stuff. overall everything connected decently well and worked out, though I wish there was more seriousness when it came to character development
May 6, 2023 2:50 AM

Apr 2020
Very underated imo.
The whole cast is great and it's a very fun and easy to watch show.
8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
May 7, 2023 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
Initially I was not really invested due to the introductory short skits, but I'm glad I sat through with the rest of this anime having a more linear plot that was pretty good from its comedy to its serious and emotional moments featuring this unique cast of characters. Got to say Morlock truly carried the show as the best character here.

Jun 3, 2023 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
I always thought Lafanpan was pretty and lowkey hot (must be her outfit and the way it always has her showing her legs, I don't know) but man was it wonderful to see her naked in human size. She's just so lovely.

Also lol at Morlock randomly turning into a girl and falling for Saitou. Truly the best character in the whole show.

Pretty solid isekai, I must say. Weird premise yet it was executed nicely. Morlock was the heart of the show but I really appreciated Saitou as the MC.
Comedy was always on point and production values sure impressed me during the battle sequences, especially in this last couple of episodes. Huge props to C2C in that regard.

7/10 - Would love a second season if that means more Morlock shenanigans and way more Lafanpan screentime.
Jun 7, 2023 8:14 AM
May 2021
Liked the series from start to end. Lafanpan is so dam cute and her voice ❤. Kinda Unique isekai, 8/10 for me
Jun 14, 2023 10:18 AM
Oct 2017
Realza for the win I really wouldn't mind another season of this truly one of the best anime series for this year so far
Aug 1, 2023 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
One of the best Isekai that I've watched.

Aug 3, 2023 2:22 PM

Oct 2008
Well they really drove in the point that everyone needs Saitou. Enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, though I still hated the short chapters format that was all over the place.
Aug 9, 2023 8:18 AM
Oct 2022
it wa ok, not the most outstanding isekai but i like it
Aug 13, 2023 3:34 PM
Jul 2021
Finally finished this dumpster fire of a show! This show wanted to be edgy so much that it ended up being super corny.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Sep 2017
I like how they used the first few episodes to introduce the world and characters through comedy sketches, then resumed the format for the last episode. It feels like there was some overall plot developing with the time mage, the stuff summoned from other worlds and Morlocks past, but in the end, the daily antics of the cast remained at the forefront. I think it's fine as it is, but would also work if it managed to get another season or two, for the same plot to slow burn in the background

Also it's nice to see an Isekai MC who wasn't just randomly blessed with a superpower, and just works hard to be useful in his own way 
Aug 14, 2023 5:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really glad this final episode returned to one of the things I loved about this series, being the unique 4-panel manga style for an Isekai show, all the bits were very nice too. Got a nice bit to finish off the Saitou and Raelza ship, it has definitely sailed and just needs to show them going a step further. And Lafanpan having her own little bath was really cute but seeing her normal sized afterward was excellent, of course she’d end up having feelings for Saitou too which I found cute but the man has been taken already so I do feel kinda bad too lol.

And ending off with Saitou being a handyman for the townsfolk and the characters we’ve come to know over the course of the show was a great place to end it, he may have done some wild stuff in the show but he’s still a handyman deep down.

And that was the end of what I thought was a truly great Isekai anime, just damn awesome, so badly wish I watched this as part of my Winter 2023 season, but one of the good things about not watching everything is that you have something new to watch later lol. I was a huge fan of the 4-panel manga style early on, it was something I hadn’t really seen for an Isekai and the comedy was so good, it’s unfortunate it seemed a lot of people didn’t like this aspect but I found it to be one of the things that made this show stand out from the rest, so I was a bit disappointed when it started getting more plot heavy but I gotta say, even that stuff I really enjoyed, the 2nd major arc more than the first but they were both great. I really loved that this show could make me laugh my ass off and also get me hyped and emotional.

And of course i really loved our main party and most of the side characters, never got tired of the main party’s shenanigans and the side characters really added a lot too, none of them were alike in any way, a truly unique and fun cast. I’d love a Season 2 of this but apparently there’s pretty much no manga left to adapt at this point, maybe one day in the future, but for now we have this gem of a show, great job to C2C for another banger!
TheColonel76Aug 14, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 7, 2023 2:51 AM

May 2015
This was a very enjoyable anime. The exploits going from gags to the gags interconnecting into a linear story that gets serious and ending with a comedic tone yet again was pretty great. It was all done well!
Sep 23, 2023 11:51 PM
Dec 2022
Finale and the chapters in it feels disjointed a bit again like from earlier first few episode. Still good to see Saitou ends up being needed for his handyman skills by all. A dance video in the end by all characters feels like a farewell of sort to the viewers.
Oct 1, 2023 3:26 AM
Jun 2012
Dedicated chapter for the best Scrouge McFlyGril
Nov 4, 2023 2:44 AM

Dec 2020
I like how a good majority of the characters showed up at the end. This was mostly a series of shorts with two "main" arcs and a semi overall plot of the time wizard. The shorts however were nicely done consisting of either lore, comedic or serious stories.

I think the focus is mainly on Morlock but this last episode really focused on Saitou and his importance.
Dec 2, 2023 6:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I knew this anime would be a surprise and be really good on later episodes (due to video impressions on youtube), but seeing it unfold was nonetheless great.
This isekai has to be one of the better comedies I have seen since Isekai Ojisan, if anything, both are very similar in the feel they gave me, as it goes for scoring.

The story was great these last couple of episodes, the anime knows how to get serious and deliver very impactful and badass scenes, grandpa owned that demon like a boss.
Morlock's plot armor is really strong, thank god! Even the wolf they were able to rescue... I do understand the problem people might have with the plot not being fully linear.

I came to love this anime a lot, especially the Fairy and Mordluck antics, the animation was nothing interesting, but they have gone all out crazy in multiple scenes with badass animation!

Comparing this to Isekai Ojisan, both are anime I wanted to give an higher but feel that something is missing.
For this series, I feel like I couldn't care much about the romance between Raelza and Saitou, in fact, with side characters like the Ninja I had more investment. Morlock's past was great though.

This was a joy to see, an S2 would be great, but then we would need to wait 3-5 years till we got enough manga material...
8.4/10 0 (
Dec 3, 2023 1:30 AM
Apr 2021
Everyone need saitou...
Dec 9, 2023 2:22 AM
Nov 2016
Torn on giving this a 7 or 6. Halfway through i was even considering an 8, cuz of the story AND quality animation.
But the last arc was so redundant with old man dies, revives, rinse repeat, demon dies, or not, rinse repeat. Really bad for such an otherwise good show.
But the animation was so good. It deserves praise for that considering how many studios half ass it nowadays.

Now i want a romcom just about Saitou and Raelza please ?!
Dec 26, 2023 1:08 AM

Jun 2019
My 251st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jan 20, 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
Glad the old man is doing fine, him dying would have been far too dark for this show.

giving lafa a little bath was so cute, I want a cute little fairy friend! And she even became human sized afterwards!

I randomly watched this show today and just couldnt stop, it was way too good. Everything about it is, story, characters, setting, OST and even the animation! This far outgrew the gag setting it had and became genuinely memorable by its own strength!

I will miss this show dearly, I will read the manga but I doubt it will be as good.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 25, 11:56 PM
Dec 2021
It was a refreshing and new and simple.
Feb 12, 3:18 AM

Sep 2023
As someone who has mostly moved away from isekai with male leads, I still found myself enjoying this. Most of them get too caught up on the MC becoming OP, going on epic adventures, gathering a harem, getting revenge on people who wrong them, etc. Handyman Saitou on the other hand flips many tropes around and does its own thing. Not all of those things worked out imo (the disjointed story telling style, some of the side characters/plots were boring and took too much screen time) but this sort of warm, uplifting, character relationship-focused story is refreshing for a male MC isekai.

Wish-fulfillment where people appreciate you for who you are, helping others with your own abilities, developing self-worth and forming bonds >>> "look at me I am sooo cool because I can beat up every bad guy/hater with my god given cheat skills and every women wants me!!!"
Apr 24, 6:48 AM

Nov 2019
Ain't no way Morlock was 'packing' this episode and they made a whole ahh scene for it too lol. Will never get used to this series and d*ck jokes, sizes fairy lengths.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2023

56 by AnimeJunki3 »»
Jun 3, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

124 by Redguytom »»
May 28, 6:09 AM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2023

84 by PoLSonX11 »»
May 14, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

57 by LordZukasa »»
Feb 19, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

69 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 20, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.