Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2023 11:24 AM

Jun 2009
Honestly thought it was a 24 ep show and not 12. I'm really bummed there's only one left.
Mar 25, 2023 6:43 AM

Jun 2019
It was to change Vash's memories and to reborn him but it was not an easy job for Nai since rem's love for both of them was a bother to Nai's plan and it was just a final push that made his plans successful. Can't wait for the last episode. It was a beautiful episode yet again.
Mar 25, 2023 7:57 PM

Sep 2015
The visuals were nice, but damn, I am not sold out on Nais motivation at all, nor this story. It feels rushed for this version.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 26, 2023 11:22 AM
Mar 2020
awesome. i cant believe vash becomes a plant
Mar 27, 2023 1:28 AM

Sep 2018
d0postma said:
I am kinda baffled by how people here are enjoying the music? I quite enjoy this new take, much better as the POS first anime adaptation. Much closer to the story beats of the original manga. But one of the big drawbacks on Trigun Stampede is the awful sentimental piano music (and the even more terrible OP). Doesn't fit the world at all. Wish it was more like a soundtrack to a Italian Spaghetti Western tbh.

The music in the show fits it really well. Especially in the most dramatic scenes. As for OP/ED, I dont have strong like for the ED either but I think the OP is great and really fits the visuals of the opening.
This is why we are enjoying the music, and some of us are even praising it a lot. Because its music that just works really well with the show.
The music you are asking for wouldnt fit the dramatic events of the plot.

I'm aware that completely disputing what you wrote with ''doesnt fit the world at all'', but I dont know what else to say. You are wrong, it does fit.
A world (or place) has no tone to it. Not on its own. Its the story (or history in case of a dead world) of its inhabitants or the meaning they give to the place that gives it a tone. And in case of this world we see the story mainly through Vash & Nai's eyes and from their perspective I would say the music very much fits. You hate piano pieces? Well sorry, but both Nai and Vash seem to love them. They enjoy different styles of piano music, but they both love them. Nai especially seems to love the dramatic kind. As for the opening, Imo it fits Vash. His silly carefree nature, but also his struggle to save people.
One argument that can be made is that the tone of the music throughout the show is often more influenced by Nai then Vash. But I also think that is fitting, as Vash also tends to get influenced by Nai's actions very easily.

I'm not saying your taste is wrong. If you dislike the music that is your right. But I am saying your judgement that the music doesnt fit, is wrong.

I found that the music used enhanced my experience of the show and in some cases even added a lot of extra emotional weight in certain scenes.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Mar 28, 2023 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
I really love the episode's ending for incredible penultimate tension and for diving into surreality with how Vash's assimilation leads to Kaiju plant monster and Knives entering another dimension and seeing the core. The episode up to that point was just okay, but the closing moments succeeded well, and since it's been a topic of discussion, I do think the music perfectly elevated the tension in the closing moments. I do still prefer the OG anime's OST, by a large margin tbh, but I do think Stampede has a solid soundtrack.

Mentioned a few episodes ago that I was more interested in discovering why Knives crashed the ship or came into his ideology, so I'm glad this episode was able to explain that. While the history book element isn't particularly compelling, I do think the discovery of the Third Independent works well to make Knives' actions more understandable, rather than just being a flat-out villain for the sake of opposing Vash' ideology. The whole, "Knives did the crash for Vash" and Vash buying that as his fault didn't really work for me as a breaking point moment. The logic leap to get to that point is questionable in the first place, but Vash already blamed himself for the crash since he unintentionally aided Knives in doing that. But whatever, from Vash's perspective, I didn't find much of the memory manipulation stuff all that interesting, it was from Knives' perspective and there was some great visuals thrown here (though the actually glass breaking moment I didn't think looked very good), so it wasn't boring.

All in all, this episode definitely succeeds due to how strong of a cliffhanger ending it has. Considering a second season has already been confirmed (though I suspected that was going to be the case anyway), I suppose we will end up with another cliffhanger of sorts to follow it up. I suspect I know what note the season will leave us up on, but I'm curious to see how they reach that point from where they are now.
Mar 29, 2023 11:24 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was booty. damn shame. i really, really enjoyed the previous 8 and this is the first one where i felt like they took a big step back. i just hate these wannabe dramatic lengthy flashback sequences. they're garbage. 15-20 minutes of episode for what, 3-4 minutes of worthwhile information? the third independent plant that was dissected for experimentation, the info that plants are from another dimension and they are using vash to open a portal to that dimension while also erasing vash's memories

disliked it enough to maybe knock my running-rating down to a 7.0 from a 7.5
Apr 4, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2021
It's pretty epic and all but what the hell is going on bruh
OdabraniApr 4, 2023 12:01 PM

Apr 17, 2023 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
The beginning of episode felt like Nai was trying to Yaoi-rape Vash with metal tentacles... with "mind break"...

___ ___ ___

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 23, 2023 2:31 PM

Jan 2021
This is... One hell of a wild ride....
May 26, 2023 4:43 PM

Feb 2012
Nicholas leaves the brothers for their fateful reunion...
Knives had an appropriate reaction to discovering the remains of the other independent plant, his feelings towards humanity are understandable. But Vash, who's experienced humanity's kindness has faith in the species.
"Spiral of suicide", is probably why humanity left their homeworld to begin with... but how will independent plants solve it? Is the old scientist fella trying to evolve every human into a being with like Vash/Knives?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 16, 2023 2:17 PM
Feb 2017
I couldn't stop watching this ep! It's so good
Jun 30, 2023 12:09 PM
Jul 2011
Are Rem is a cursed name for character that will be everyone forget? First it was Rem from rezero, and now it's time Rem from trigun
Jul 14, 2023 6:43 PM
Nov 2015
Trippy episode. It was so sad to see Vash like that. Knives is insane. Still, RIP Roberto. Hopefully Wolfwood will come back.
Mar 6, 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
Man, I want Knives' side to win so badly.
Also, this show handles climax moments so perfectly with an excellent usage of both imagery and OST. 10/10 direction overall.

And by the way, people saying OST is either poor, awful or "unremarkable" are probably deaf. I feel sorry for them (not really).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which Trigun should I watch?

Dhrunto - Jul 30

30 by Fafner34 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

» Is anyone else extremely bothered by the art and animation? ( 1 2 )

NB_Tenchy - Jan 9, 2023

75 by Quin2000 »»
Aug 27, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

212 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 25, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

71 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 25, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

89 by Gloominscammer »»
Jun 9, 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.