Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 3, 2023 4:49 AM
Mar 2023
Anime yang aku tunggu
Mar 6, 2023 6:13 PM
Apr 2019
It was okay, I just was not for me.
Mar 7, 2023 2:39 PM
Jul 2017
I am not sure if I will continue watching this anime, I was told many things about it but I wasn't told how sad and manipulative the situation was, and knowing the future, it is something that won't be adressed and solved.

Mahiro accepts becoming a tool with little restraint because he wants to run away from his role as a big brother as he always felt like he was a shade of his little sister, Mihari wants to completely change her brother into something she wants, doing that by drugging him and even by telling lies, the fact this anime is supposed to be wholesome but has this kind of interaction is nauseating for me.

When I started to watch this, I did it due what I heard about it, that it's wholesome, that it's a cute brother sister anime with some ecchi, but what I received is an anime where a sister gaslights her own brother to become the image she wants, and the brother that always felt like a shade giving up on his role because he thinks its impossible to be of help of his sister other than being the tool for research he is now.

He might become happier eventually, but it is really him at this point? The drug is even changing his mind to be of a girl, she is literally erasing her brother in the process while the anime brushes it all of as a cute and wholesome comedy.

With these facts I really don't know if I can ignore such nauseating and disturbing fact to try to enjoy the anime as a wholesome comedy, I will always have this in my head while watching, that what Mahiro is becoming is nothing but what his sister is controlling him to become, and that Mahiro is submissive because he has an inferiority complex that will lose its chance to be solved.
GamorouMar 7, 2023 2:51 PM
Mar 7, 2023 11:22 PM

May 2010
Gamorou said:
I am not sure if I will continue watching this anime, I was told many things about it but I wasn't told how sad and manipulative the situation was, and knowing the future, it is something that won't be adressed and solved.

Mahiro accepts becoming a tool with little restraint because he wants to run away from his role as a big brother as he always felt like he was a shade of his little sister, Mihari wants to completely change her brother into something she wants, doing that by drugging him and even by telling lies, the fact this anime is supposed to be wholesome but has this kind of interaction is nauseating for me.

When I started to watch this, I did it due what I heard about it, that it's wholesome, that it's a cute brother sister anime with some ecchi, but what I received is an anime where a sister gaslights her own brother to become the image she wants, and the brother that always felt like a shade giving up on his role because he thinks its impossible to be of help of his sister other than being the tool for research he is now.

He might become happier eventually, but it is really him at this point? The drug is even changing his mind to be of a girl, she is literally erasing her brother in the process while the anime brushes it all of as a cute and wholesome comedy.

With these facts I really don't know if I can ignore such nauseating and disturbing fact to try to enjoy the anime as a wholesome comedy, I will always have this in my head while watching, that what Mahiro is becoming is nothing but what his sister is controlling him to become, and that Mahiro is submissive because he has an inferiority complex that will lose its chance to be solved.
Sounds like you're taking it way too seriously and seeing what you want to see.
Mahiro was wasting his life and understands it, and Mihari's actions, even if unethical, were both well-meaning and made him much happier.
Mar 12, 2023 9:48 PM

Jan 2017
Where can I get this gender bending drug, state your price Mihari
Mar 18, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 2021
INCRIVEL HAHAHAHAH, A IRMA DO CARA E OUTRA PERVIRTIDA, E O CAUS
Mar 18, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2021
INCRIVEL HAHAHAHAH, A IRMA DO CARA E OUTRA PERVIRTIDA, E O CAUS
Mar 20, 2023 7:47 AM
Mar 2023
I read the manga at first before falling away from it because it felt disgusting for me. It’s not even the gender bend scenario that makes me feel horrific. I think it’s more of the lack of choice the MC had in the gender bend, like it’s different to be infected by a gender bending disease at least that was random ass chance, but to be drugged and manipulated like that removes all sense from the situation. Also half the people defending are saying “she’s doing it to make him better himself” BS cut the crap what she did has enough legal repercussions to have some in prison for life if not on DR. Human experimentation, medical service provided without consent of the person, and not even mentioning how the MC was basically stripped of their identity in the span of a night. Gas lighting him, manipulating him, and I think the thing that really irks me is that the situation is never further addressed no “Ayo I’m sorry for you know…drugging you in your sleep and completely ripping apart your life without telling you.” Hell she’s his sister and she did this if she is willing to do that to her brother then what would stop her from doing it to a random person on the street? Certainly nothing morally abstaining. I guess I just dislike this one heavily in particular and surprisingly I don’t think it gets any better no guilt is ever really shown, that I’ve seen at least, I’ll just abandon this anime and probably go back to reading something else something probably more wholesome then the false rumors showed.
Mar 24, 2023 4:42 PM
Aug 2020
I see in this first episode that the production is good, but I'm going to stop here because the story is very strange
Mar 25, 2023 8:43 PM
Mar 2023
A very nice introductory episode, but the most appealing scenes of the episode get to be a little uncomfortable
Mar 27, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
real fun :D the brothers voice is a bit annoying but most likely will get over it in like an ep or two. the ost (other than op) is either unnoticeable or bad (the "this is your outfit for today" scene song felt so out of place and generic). ive only heard bad things about this series and while i didnt see anything to complain about there are already people in the first episodes comments complaining? im too lazy to go through 7 pages of discussion so if anyone sees this id appreciate an explanation on what is supposedly wrong here

HiljainenSipuliMar 27, 2023 10:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2023 5:56 PM

Oct 2022
Omg when he said he got turned on by that game, made me laugh so hard. This was far cuter than I expected. Tbh I dunno what I expected given the premise. The bra shopping was hilarious. 

May 5, 2023 1:22 AM

Jul 2015
Playing an eroge immediately after discovering you've turned into a Loli, he truly is one of my people.
I wonder what the creators were smoking because I also want some while watching this for my own sanity

May 7, 2023 12:56 AM

Dec 2012
My prayers have been answered. I've been eyeing this since it started airing and it's more than I could have imagined. Already, I can feel this beckoning the loli maiden within.
May 21, 2023 4:39 AM
Jan 2020
Anyone notice that the time on the clock at the beginning is 11:38? This is a nod to George Lucas' THX 1138, a futuristic movie where sex is banned. 

Whenever you see 1138 lurking in the background, it has some significance to the author/writer. 
May 25, 2023 8:50 PM
May 2023
Nice, that's all to say.
Jun 6, 2023 8:45 AM

Feb 2015
Okay episode overall.

But the implication that rehabilitating male hikikomori leads through a change of gender is a dangerous one. If that is the message. IF. In a way, this anime would have the opposite message to Yofukashi no Uta, which provided a better solution to (emotional) isolation. One that did not involve (require) a total conversion of the physical.

By the way, the excuse that "it's not a serious story" doesn't mean anything. If you say something, you say it. You can insult someone and not mean it seriously, but it's not up to you to decide how the receiver interprets your message. This anime, no matter how serious, makes a certain statement, and it can be judged based on it.
AkiFosuJun 6, 2023 8:54 AM
Jun 17, 2023 7:47 AM
Jun 2023
Hikayeyi başlatı yor
Jun 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Jun 2021
It was okay for me. The art style is a bit strange but I do like the colors used. I was expecting more funnies.
Jun 30, 2023 12:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alr i'm restarting from the beginning because i still can't believe i'm skipping this xd.

Big Brother Rehabilitation Project, seems ambitious. But judging by her cv, i'm wondering if theres a more decent big brother at the end of the day, or just let the big brother gone forever like what the title said, and change it with loli. Hell yeah, sounds the better idea right? No wonder this got the high rating despite the initial degenerative ground-breaking, or so that's what i thought.

All in all, lemme binge this for a research purpose...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 26, 2023 6:06 AM
Apr 2014
this was just horrible
Aug 1, 2023 12:37 PM
Sep 2007
Little sister not only changes his gender (consent? what consent?), but also trying to control all other parts of his life (including his clothing). In the place of the older bro I'd probably punch her as hard as I could. Who does she think she is she gave herself right to control someone, even if that someone is a shut-in?
korsarzAug 1, 2023 12:57 PM
Aug 7, 2023 12:55 AM

Jul 2022
wtf everything is good
Sep 4, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2023
I LOVE IT GREATEST GREAT EVER
Oct 26, 2023 5:14 PM
Mar 2021
He... He's just like me for real!
Nov 5, 2023 8:06 PM
Mar 2023
shes just like me frfr
Dec 8, 2023 12:05 PM
Feb 2018
Pretty funny. Like the innocence and sweetness despite the mc originally being a perv.
Dec 10, 2023 3:51 AM
Nov 2023
Wow, such animation quality is being offered right before my eyes!
Dec 14, 2023 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
Definitely one of the weirdest first episodes in recent times. And as usual in these kind of shows, parents cannot be found xD
Jan 25, 8:56 AM
Nov 2023
It is kinda weird you know :0
Jan 28, 11:25 AM
Aug 2023
good, plays common TS tropes straight, but the fanservice was frankly uncomfortable
Mar 10, 8:04 AM
Apr 2021
LMAO after watching both seasons of Girlfriend Girlfriend I decided my next anime to watch that seems to look like it’s funny asf would be Onimai since I put it off for a year now and I just gotta say…I’m so mad I didn’t watch this when it was airing this shit is HILARIOUS I could never be a girl man that seems like a lot of maintenance needs to be taken care nails hair stylish clothing etc.😭😭😭🤣🤣

The animation is straight up EYE CANDY bro like Studio Bind really only produces great shit and I can’t believe this was their second anime to animate (the first one being Mushoku Tensei) the opening is a banger the visuals went crazy there but they went more crazier on the ending that shit was just so fluid and shit😩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😫🔥🔥🔥🔥😍🔥🔥🔥

The Brother Rehabilitation Project sounds like it’s gonna be a looooong road for our MC considering bro doesn’t mind staying as a girl, we’ll just see in the following episodes if he wants to stay as one by episode 12😭😭💀💀😭
Treyv0nMar 11, 5:59 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

247 by akihikosama »»
Jun 15, 11:30 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

21 by MusicLeaf »»
Jun 4, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

125 by ReliaOrSmth »»
Jun 3, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2023

195 by RaptorDan »»
May 17, 1:20 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.