Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Takeru is like a counselor this season, offering emotional support to his allies. Poor Kagami...

Honestly, too much psychological drama this episode and awkward pacing. At least Takeru and Yashiro are closer now so I guess that's something.
Nov 9, 2022 11:07 AM
Jul 2017
Solid episode all around.

I think some of the models from time to time looked a bit off. But for the most part, they handled it pretty well.

But it still surprises me that they opted to heavily compress chapter 7 but adapt chapter 8 normally. I would've expected the opposite (and I believe it would have worked better). Next episode should finish off the adaptation of chapter 8.

Sadogashima should begin with episode 8 and continue for the rest of the season.
Nov 9, 2022 11:32 AM

Oct 2022
Sumikas ptsd over what happened to the Takeru of that world running deep..
Nov 9, 2022 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
This show has multi level feels. Another brilliant episode, I cant wait to see this series endgame.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
lots of off-model drawings again this show has poor AD (Animation Director) work

Sumika is so broken or got so much trauma because of how the BETA timeline Takeru got killed huh
Nov 9, 2022 2:20 PM
Jul 2021
Wow. this episode actually feels like Muv-Luv.
blueahNov 9, 2022 3:12 PM
Nov 9, 2022 6:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I might be stupid but it took me a bit to realize Sumika is suffering from PTSD, I thought she was freaking out for some other reason lol. But now we know the Takeru in this world died some brutal death, maybe we’ll get a flashback at some point to see how exactly. And even with the PTSD, I’ve enjoyed the little moments between Sumika and Takeru since she’s reappeared.

And it was also revealed Yuuko Sensei was behind that attack that caused Marimo’s death, I doubt she intended for her to die but that is pretty messed up to know that she was behind that, but of course Takeru couldn’t shoot her after all she’s done, and it wouldn’t save anyone now either. A little shot in the foot would have been satisfying tho lol.
Nov 9, 2022 7:17 PM

Feb 2019
Great episode as usual. Wow it was so hard to see sumika in that state. Looked absolutely broken. Some awesome voice work from her seiyuu.
Nov 9, 2022 10:06 PM

Mar 2015
Seriously hope they don't go into grim detail about Sumika's past soon. It's really the main thing I hate about this series. Author went too far.
Nov 10, 2022 3:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Raven_Wingz said:
Seriously hope they don't go into grim detail about Sumika's past soon. It's really the main thing I hate about this series. Author went too far.

I gave a quick check on what this episiode is doing, and I feel like you might not want to watch next episode, unless they pussy out, hell, they can even do like it was done in the All Ages version which was decent enough already for what it was trying to do.

At this pace it seems quite clear that Sadogoshima will be the end of this season, so S3 next year to finish the series.
Nov 10, 2022 12:20 PM
Oct 2018
Very good episode, the art and animation improved a lot compared to those ugly faces we got last week.
Nov 10, 2022 12:50 PM
Jan 2019
Playcool said:
I gave a quick check on what this episiode is doing, and I feel like you might not want to watch next episode

You're way off, the scene you are thinking of happens after what will probably be the season finale (unless they do a MAJOR rewrite for no reason)
Nov 11, 2022 3:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Incognimous said:
Playcool said:
I gave a quick check on what this episiode is doing, and I feel like you might not want to watch next episode

You're way off, the scene you are thinking of happens after what will probably be the season finale (unless they do a MAJOR rewrite for no reason)

Been too long, dont recall the EXACT order, you might be right, if so, I m curiios if will that be for the finale or next season starting fuckery...
Nov 11, 2022 4:37 AM

Nov 2007
Playcool said:
Incognimous said:

Been too long, dont recall the EXACT order, you might be right, if so, I m curiios if will that be for the finale or next season starting fuckery...

Can confirm that you are way off also this is an anime only discussion and your implications are crossing a fine line.

The episode overall was very good. Some game ost here and there that was nice. Some off-faces that I'm used to by now. Fantastic VA work for Sumika. Looking forward to the next few episodes!
Nov 12, 2022 6:00 AM
Apr 2022
taking care of ptsd gf episode, pretty wholesome
Nov 15, 2022 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
Yuuko Sensei taking credit for luring in a bunch of Beta, that coincidentally don't kill Takeru, but her previous best friend.
Let me add a big question sign there. She can't have planned all of this actively or can she control Beta.

OMG Sumika was the brain, that is scary, who did that?

Normal Sumika was always slightly annoying, but crazy Sumika is really annoying, I knew she suffered a lot but her emotional rollercoaster and breakdowns were a bit forced.
I would not put such a person in an heavily armed TSF. Sure it's heartwarming to see Takeru taking care of her, but she could have acted a little less psycho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2015
Fabienne said:
I would not put such a person in an heavily armed TSF. Sure it's heartwarming to see Takeru taking care of her, but she could have acted a little less psycho.

Imagine yourself waking from a terrible accident and found that you've lost all 4 of your limbs & your eyes & ears. Would you be able to act normal?
Nov 23, 2022 6:00 PM
Jan 2018
This show spends more time with Cyber Newtypes than any Gundam show. Watching the psychological damage is fascinating. It's a shame melodrama's like this show don't get more mainstream love. But there is still plenty of Muv Luv.
Jan 29, 2023 3:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Arkaniet said:
Playcool said:

Can confirm that you are way off also this is an anime only discussion and your implications are crossing a fine line.

The episode overall was very good. Some game ost here and there that was nice. Some off-faces that I'm used to by now. Fantastic VA work for Sumika. Looking forward to the next few episodes!
Sorry? I was very tame with the choice of the words I used, there is no fine line being crossed, as long as you are not specific enough.
How saying there is a bunch of fuckery up ahead, spoiling? Also, I just meant that not in the literal sense, I just choose those orders without thinking too much, there is tons of fuckery in this series, as in the sense of things that will fuck you up good, and I quite like them all.
Saying there is more ahead is not a spoiler (and only a person that knows the plot could think what I said could be, when I meant other context).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dailybread - Oct 12, 2022

85 by CafeAlpha »»
May 5, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

dailybread - Oct 5, 2022

39 by Otakuwhip »»
Jan 27, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

31 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

40 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:11 AM

» Worth watching?

TacoQZ - Oct 21, 2022

26 by otakuops7 »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.