Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 14, 2023 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
Iris is talking pretty big for someone who couldn't do what Alpha did for the city. I can't even blame Cid for thinking that Alexia would kill people on the streets after what she did to him.
Jan 7, 2:44 PM
Jan 2024
Don't know how to write this exactly, just didn't hold my attention for too long. Confusing storytelling in my opinion also.
Feb 4, 1:54 PM

Dec 2022
Lmao i can't believe they went pretty dramatic over some poop scene and all XD
Did Cid rlly stole 1 coin when he could just ask? I mean you do you pal.

Feb 28, 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
I think he's still partly treating his chuunibyo as that, even though events starting from his reincarnation to the present seem to have conformed to his performances, and expectations and it's still continue to do so. I am at loss on how he seems to treat his made up bullshit about the cult from way back is still BS for him now when it's actually true or that his shadow organization is still actively fighting for their original agenda, and he still treats it like they or him playing along to his/their delusions, or maybe he's so far lost in his own delusions being atomic and all that?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 1, 5:48 PM
Feb 2024
Shadow's organization is doing really well! That pink haired girl doesn't know the truth lol, but she's cute fr
Mar 3, 6:19 PM
Apr 2014
So the shadow garden characters don't actually do anything on screen besides one shot goons and fawn over Cid, huh? What is this show building towards. Stop introducing new characters when you have 12 others in the wings that haven't even got LINES yet.
Mar 3, 6:22 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to tofei
I think he's still partly treating his chuunibyo as that, even though events starting from his reincarnation to the present seem to have conformed to his performances, and expectations and it's still continue to do so. I am at loss on how he seems to treat his made up bullshit about the cult from way back is still BS for him now when it's actually true or that his shadow organization is still actively fighting for their original agenda, and he still treats it like they or him playing along to his/their delusions, or maybe he's so far lost in his own delusions being atomic and all that?
@tofei yes I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. The man is clearly insane, and the show seems to be aware of that (him hitting his head on the rock before dying). Also, he seems to be writing the rules of the world as he goes, creating Alphas back story, Cult of Diablos, even finding the secret base in episode 2 on a map by accident. The OP does show what looks like an old tired version of him in the TV Reflection so I'm REALLY hoping some deconstruction of the shit we've seen so far starts happening.
Mar 3, 6:22 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to tofei
@tofei yes I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. The man is clearly insane, and the show seems to be aware of that (him hitting his head on the rock before dying). Also, he seems to be writing the rules of the world as he goes, creating Alphas back story, Cult of Diablos, even finding the secret base in episode 2 on a map by accident. The OP does show what looks like an old tired version of him in the TV Reflection so I'm REALLY hoping some deconstruction of the shit we've seen so far starts happening.
Mar 3, 8:35 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Armio
@Armio it is good anime, if u not like then ignore u cannot force others to drop
Mar 24, 7:34 AM

Aug 2014
He got all everyone wants now.. power, money, what is left needed in this anime is some ecchi or at least ecchi jokes between him and girls, like when Gamma said he can use her new girl in any way.. he could at least react better in his funny way ;d I know it would be cliche but it would suit his character ;d how he does not think about ecchi ?:D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 3, 4:43 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Shingster
The more famous you get the more likely you have fakes trying to be you. Looks like the academy has a fair share of prodigies. And the fact that Iris herself had to create a new order means that she now suspects the knight order of being suspect in relation to the cult. Even without Cid running it Shadow garden really is turning out to be a most curious organization. Commanding so many operatives from the shadows though is really fitting for the image he's trying to create. Alexia really needs to think before she acts thought thats for sure. Looks like beneath her quiet nature Nu is quite the sadist. Looks like Sherry's knowledge of artifacts were at the expense of not being able to interact with peers her age. Overall an interesting ep that did well to expand upon the garden's personal as well as the assets that Cid can call upon. Curious at what this fake group seems to be up to though but given their aims looks like Sherry now has a target painted on her back. Nice to see her introduced though.
@Shingster an anime where everything goes as planned for the protagonist, all the girls fell in lover with her, for me average episode..
May 8, 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, to be able to decipher ancient languages is something else
May 26, 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
So Cid brought chocolate into that world kinda like Rimuru but with ramen. I wonder how many more changes he's done to that world due to his imaginations lol and his for some reason very loyal cult members
May 26, 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to PrimeX
So Cid brought chocolate into that world kinda like Rimuru but with ramen. I wonder how many more changes he's done to that world due to his imaginations lol and his for some reason very loyal cult members
@PrimeX it is not his imagination , asshole, he really isekaied,it is very good, not boring
Jun 18, 11:51 PM

Nov 2019
Alexia gets roped into a false shadow garden and ends up being interrupted by the real shadow lol. The poop scene is just too unexpected, that was a good scene and I feel bad for Cid's student persona. It hurts me that he constantly tries to ruin his image though.

Episode was the most enjoyable one so far but we can see the enemy faction are beginning to make a move against shadow garden.
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Mar 2016
They say "To confuse your enemy you must confuse yourself" Well Cid is the perfect representation of that quote! He's so deep in his roleplay that he still believes his delusions are just delusions when they're real as day, bruh. Here you are sitting on a literal throne established through selling non-conventional items in a fucking MALL managed by a multibillion-Zeni company. Man just wake up already and take your role as the Leader of Shadow Garden in its entirety. If he wanted to, he could take all the coins he want.

And so much for the NPC-acting, he kept on failing when it comes to NOT attracting a girl's attention, first there was Alexia, now a genius researcher Sherry, at this point just go full Shadow.

I can't believe the best part of the episode is Cid faking the need-to-shit in the streets as an excuse to separate from his friends lol.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

388 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.