Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2022 11:34 AM
Apr 2022
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
thunderkitten13 said:

Dark magical girl
now, you are acting like a csm derp. dark magical girl already existed before madoka

In extremely small quantities, but Madoka Magica popularized/made it mainstream to the point the market became over saturated, all because of how good Madoka Magica was.
Oct 26, 2022 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
nevbolp said:
Nice coping to feel special for being a fan of yet another shonen show. The current fandom of CSM reminds me HxH fans in that respect, they both feel special because their favorite anime is "different" from other battle shonens whereas at the end of the day it's just another shonen anime aimed at teens.

And this thread will be eventually locked for being useless other than stroking one's ego and not encouraging discussion.

ok but where is your main account
Oct 26, 2022 11:41 AM

Aug 2022
thunderkitten13 said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
now, you are acting like a csm derp. dark magical girl already existed before madoka

In extremely small quantities, but Madoka Magica popularized/made it mainstream to the point the market became over saturated, all because of how good Madoka Magica was.
so it made mg genre popular, not created it, huh? Nice correction there.
Oct 26, 2022 11:42 AM
Apr 2022
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
thunderkitten13 said:

It lit created the subgenre. You probably could’ve counted the amount of dark magical girl anime (which didn’t even have a name) before MM. I said MM created the GENRE, not the actual concept of dark magical girl anime.
Oct 26, 2022 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
Seems like you feel like you're on a pedestal for watching a anime. Just stop.
Oct 26, 2022 11:46 AM
Jun 2020
Atanpenguin said:
treejoh said:

“Borderline seinen” as if seinen series have any differing content than shonen series lol. It’s just demographics.

And my point being their content leans more towards mature themes and a mature demographic than shounen usually do. Hence borderline seinin. Ik they are demographics but they are usually used as genres as well

There’s plenty of mature shonen, just like there’s plenty of goofy seinen. It’s not a genre. One Punch Man is a seinen manga and it’s less mature and serious than most shonen.
Oct 26, 2022 11:50 AM

Aug 2022
thunderkitten13 said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:

It lit created the subgenre. You probably could’ve counted the amount of dark magical girl anime (which didn’t even have a name) before MM. I said MM created the GENRE, not the actual concept of dark magical girl anime.
>utena
>princess tutu

and many more """"dark magical girl""" anime existed and consider classic which helps in popularizing dark magical genere you dork.mm popularized my ass. do a simple google search you and you will find
Oct 26, 2022 12:04 PM
Apr 2022
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
thunderkitten13 said:

>utena
>princess tutu

and many more """"dark magical girl""" anime existed and consider classic which helps in popularizing dark magical genere you dork.mm popularized my ass. do a simple google search you and you will find

You counted two anime, that isn’t proof that I am wrong. And calling me names just tells me you are getting frustrated when you started this argument with me, when it’s a known fact MM created the GENRE of dark magical girl because before the genre was just magical girl, even though there were magical girl anime that had dark fantasy elements. I already stated this in my last post so if you tell me one more time that there were dark magical girl before MM….that’s not what I said.
Oct 26, 2022 12:09 PM

Aug 2022
thunderkitten13 said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
>utena
>princess tutu

You counted two anime, that isn’t proof that I am wrong. And calling me names just tells me you are getting frustrated when you started this argument with me, when it’s a known fact MM created the GENRE of dark magical girl because before the genre was just magical girl, even though there were magical girl anime that had dark fantasy elements. I already stated this in my last post so if you tell me one more time that there were dark magical girl before MM….that’s not what I said.
those two are the most popular which i have watched and considered classic, there are way more popular dark magical girl anime even before them.
Oct 26, 2022 12:11 PM
Apr 2022
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
thunderkitten13 said:

those two are the most popular which i have watched and considered classic, there are way more popular dark magical girl anime even before them.

Can you not read? I DIDN’T SAY DARK MAGICAL GIRL ANIME DIDN’T EXIST BEFORE MM. MM created the GENRE and popularized it. How is this so hard to understand, MM was the sole reason for the dark magical girl explosion during the mid 2010s, omfg learn reading comprehension instead of calling me names.
Oct 26, 2022 10:27 PM

Jul 2021
Csm is pretty straight forward and easy to enjoy, but yeah the haters dont have to watch it if they dont want to

Oct 27, 2022 1:58 AM
Apr 2018
nevbolp said:
Nice coping to feel special for being a fan of yet another shonen show. The current fandom of CSM reminds me HxH fans in that respect, they both feel special because their favorite anime is "different" from other battle shonens whereas at the end of the day it's just another shonen anime aimed at teens.

And this thread will be eventually locked for being useless other than stroking one's ego and not encouraging discussion.

You’re 100% correct, the overhype ness and the manga fans are making the series less enjoyable than most. I suffered going through all of Hunter x Hunter because people insisted the ant king arc was crazy cool, it was meh.
Oct 27, 2022 3:26 AM
Feb 2021
Huh in 3 eps what did you find unique or major plot twist ๐Ÿ˜‚. From where i seeing this is a normal shounen anime nothing mor nothing less
Oct 27, 2022 3:29 AM
Feb 2021
Usapz said:
« Csm is unique » Yes and no.

nope ( charcaters limit )
Oct 27, 2022 4:12 AM
Oct 2022
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Oct 27, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 2012
For me CSM has such a ridiculous concept that it is borderline cringe. Sure we can't expect much from battle shonens, but let's see how it develops.
Oct 27, 2022 10:34 AM
Feb 2012
Monby said:
nevbolp said:

You’re 100% correct, the overhype ness and the manga fans are making the series less enjoyable than most. I suffered going through all of Hunter x Hunter because people insisted the ant king arc was crazy cool, it was meh.

Ant king arc was so disconnected from the original pace and arcs length that for me it has nothing to do with HxH. That alone made it the worst arc for me.
Oct 27, 2022 7:54 PM

Jan 2020
I just think people are having a hard time taking in the "concept" when it's not in its full picture yet. We haven't seen much really, it feels like we're missing a lot of pieces and to be completely honest the 3rd episode felt almost like a filler for an anime that has been airing for a while.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 27, 2022 8:06 PM

Jan 2022
I don't really agree with a lot of the complaints against CSM but I do think people have a right to voice their criticisms. Simply telling people they aren't allowed to say anything negative about your favorite show is just as toxic and cringy. People are allowed not to like things and have a right point out a show's perceived flaws.

Of course I am also allowed to criticize those criticisms.

For example, some of these haters seem more obsessed with this show than the fans and would probably be a bit happier if they simply moved on and watched something else.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 27, 2022 10:15 PM

Sep 2020
animeforlife808 said:
See , thats the fact , is ts damn unique , got a real weird shit going throughout the series with unbelievable plot twist . So lemme make this short , if u prefer straight forward animes go watch some Kobayashi Dragon Maid , cuz in CSM , the more ep it pass by the more weird it gets in a good way .
Thank You ๐Ÿ™
I wouldn't say it's unique for that. There are loads of anime with plot twists where the story doesn't go as predicted. I would say CSM is a unique Shonen series because of the characters. Most shounen MCs are written to be likable we have Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo, Natsu, Gon, etc all written as lovable characters, and then we have Denji and Power who are definitely written in the opposite fashion, with qualities that make them almost unbearable to watch. Last time I explain to a CSM nerd about this topic because It all seems to go through one ear and immediately out the other.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Oct 28, 2022 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
animeforlife808 said:
I had been going through the discussion page for a while , and what I understood that a lot of people couldnt digest the plot and the concept . See , thats the fact , is ts damn unique , got a real weird shit going throughout the series with unbelievable plot twist . So lemme make this short , if u prefer straight forward animes go watch some Kobayashi Dragon Maid , cuz in CSM , the more ep it pass by the more weird it gets in a good way . So instead of complaining your asses off , just go quit and watch Pokemon

Thank You ๐Ÿ™

man im watching chainsaw man every week with my mom
Oct 28, 2022 1:23 AM

Jan 2019
animeforlife808 said:
Most shounen MCs are written to be likable we have Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo, Natsu, Gon, etc all written as lovable characters, and then we have Denji and Power who are definitely written in the opposite fashion, with qualities that make them almost unbearable to watch.

Dude, this is the most bland take.
Oct 28, 2022 4:03 AM

Jun 2015
animeforlife808 said:
I had been going through the discussion page for a while , and what I understood that a lot of people couldnt digest the plot and the concept . See , thats the fact , is ts damn unique , got a real weird shit going throughout the series with unbelievable plot twist . So lemme make this short , if u prefer straight forward animes go watch some Kobayashi Dragon Maid , cuz in CSM , the more ep it pass by the more weird it gets in a good way . So instead of complaining your asses off , just go quit and watch Pokemon

Thank You ๐Ÿ™

What the hell are you talking about. CSM has mass appeal, even more than shounen like HxH/JJK which has alot of battle explanation which goes over the head of your average viewer.
Oct 28, 2022 8:52 AM

Oct 2007
Atanpenguin said:
nevbolp said:

As I said before, nice coping. And thanks for proving my point with your post.

I guess it’s on me for not seeing you’re a troll on an alt account. Enjoy being toxic and I hope things get better for you.

That guy has more than a few dozen screws loose. Somehow for him watching a show equals with coping. Coping with what exactly? Good grief. How do these people survive in society? I don't get it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

862 by TeaCharm »»
Yesterday, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

582 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

732 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

592 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Jun 14, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 8, 2022

628 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Jun 14, 6:06 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.