Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2022 4:34 AM
Sep 2021
Personally I think this anime is quite good especially the storyline and the writing imo is quite good. So I think it being exactly 7.00 when I wrote this is not quite fair to the writer and ig the animators. Ofc I don't think it is an 8 but I feel like it could be a solid 7.3-7.6 :) Might not be a big deal but idk I feel like an anime being 7 and nearly hitting 6 may depopularize this anime. Especially the last few episodes have been quite good but it is still decreasing. Hopefully it increases later towards the end :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 12, 2022 4:51 AM
Jul 2020
i agree and i think it could be even 8 or 7.8-7.9 at least but if people watch just one or two episodes and give it low score cause "its basic cliché action harem" it would fall even under 7 eventually
it doesnt make any sense its good in many ways so it doesnt deserve such a low rating
Sep 12, 2022 4:52 AM
May 2022
HannL said:
Personally I think this anime is quite good especially the storyline and the writing imo is quite good. So I think it being exactly 7.00 when I wrote this is not quite fair to the writer and ig the animators. Ofc I don't think it is an 8 but I feel like it could be a solid 7.3-7.6 :) Might not be a big deal but idk I feel like an anime being 7 and nearly hitting 6 may depopularize this anime. Especially the last few episodes have been quite good but it is still decreasing. Hopefully it increases later towards the end :)

I kinda dropped this anime at ep 3 cos idk I didn’t like the concept of love triangles(yes ik the animes not about or like that now) so I plan on watching it all when it finishes airing.
Because the starting 3 eps just made me give up on it.
Sep 12, 2022 4:55 AM

Dec 2021
That's what I've been thinking after every episode airs, in my opinion this deserves 7.5 rating, like the plot is good right?
Well I don't know why it's decreasing little by little.
Sep 12, 2022 4:57 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
At the end of the day, ratings on MAL are irrelevant cuz people watch 3 episodes of a 12-24 episode show, and drop it with a 1 star rating, which is completely disingenuous. I see people throw out 1 stars like hot cakes, which is dumb to me cuz thats reserved for the absolute worst of the worst, without a sediment of anything redeeming. It sucks cuz it turns people off from shows when they see the ratings for it, but you should just recognize wether you yourself enjoy it or not.
Sep 12, 2022 4:58 AM
Nov 2013
After the show ends the score will increase cause it will take more into consideration the ones that finished the anime
Sep 12, 2022 5:01 AM
Sep 2021
ElmoBoredAsf said:
HannL said:

I kinda dropped this anime at ep 3 cos idk I didn’t like the concept of love triangles(yes ik the animes not about or like that now) so I plan on watching it all when it finishes airing.

Understandable, I also thought it was abit weird towards the start but it is quite a good anime
Sep 12, 2022 5:04 AM
Sep 2021
Dejf_vole said:
i agree and i think it could be even 8 or 7.8-7.9 at least but if people watch just one or two episodes and give it low score cause "its basic cliché action harem" it would fall even under 7 eventually
it doesnt make any sense its good in many ways so it doesnt deserve such a low rating

Nc to know majority of ppl agree 👍🏿
Sep 12, 2022 5:17 AM

Mar 2013
If you just added a poll in the first place, I would have voted "yes, it should be higher" lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 12, 2022 5:18 AM
Oct 2021
May the spirit continue and take care of your health☺️☺️☺️
Sep 12, 2022 5:52 AM
Jun 2022
This anime is very good and deserves a higher rating and fame. Let us support it with everything we can because this anime is worth watching
Sep 12, 2022 5:56 AM

Jan 2009
the story is very good but the execution is kinda boring so i think 7 score is good enough for this show
Sep 12, 2022 6:18 AM

Feb 2021
Can’t wait for this thread to be locked.

Anyways, you have to understand that the rating always does a “drastic” change once the last episode airs.
Sep 12, 2022 6:49 AM
Feb 2022
This anime is almost hitting 6 and while it ain’t the best anime out there it is definitely not 6 territory this is more like a 7.3-7.7
Sep 12, 2022 7:06 AM
Jan 2020
People universally have shit taste, there's always that one good show every season who's rating is pretty low for some reason

Like fucking c'mon, Black Summoner of all things has a higher score than this shit
Sep 12, 2022 7:26 AM
Feb 2022
MusashiKarlsefni said:
At the end of the day, ratings on MAL are irrelevant cuz people watch 3 episodes of a 12-24 episode show, and drop it with a 1 star rating, which is completely disingenuous. I see people throw out 1 stars like hot cakes, which is dumb to me cuz thats reserved for the absolute worst of the worst, without a sediment of anything redeeming. It sucks cuz it turns people off from shows when they see the ratings for it, but you should just recognize wether you yourself enjoy it or not.

i watched more than 10 eps but still i think its overrated...
Sep 12, 2022 7:28 AM
May 2022
HannL said:
ElmoBoredAsf said:

Understandable, I also thought it was abit weird towards the start but it is quite a good anime

Yeah I’ll start it againsoon in the next week or so just can you tell me about the whole thing about ayano being yuu’s real gf before kisara came ??
Sep 12, 2022 7:33 AM

Sep 2018
HannL said:

This will get locked soon but let me point something out

There are currently 16,019 MAL users who've voted the show 7-10 and just 7465 who've voted it 1-6, so why does that split mean the rating is at 7.00 and will likely drop below. Well, that's because averages are a really stupid measure in almost every case they are used

You and I are clearly in the majority of users who think this show is at least good, and it's in the same boat as most shows, scores generally go down over the course of a season.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 12, 2022 7:40 AM
Sep 2021
ElmoBoredAsf said:
HannL said:

Yeah I’ll start it againsoon in the next week or so just can you tell me about the whole thing about ayano being yuu’s real gf before kisara came ??

So basically:
Ayano is Shu’s ex gf
Kisara is not Shu’s gf but is clearly interested in him
Heavy spoilers:

Also, wdy guys mean buy locked thread
Sep 12, 2022 7:41 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
El_Professor07 said:
MusashiKarlsefni said:

i watched more than 10 eps but still i think its overrated...

That’s fine, I don’t see the correlation to the point I made tho honestly.
Sep 12, 2022 7:55 AM

Sep 2018
HannL said:
ElmoBoredAsf said:

So basically:
Ayano is Shu’s ex gf
Kisara is not Shu’s gf but is clearly interested in him
Heavy spoilers:

Also, wdy guys mean buy locked thread

Threads discussing ratings break the MAL rules, the mods will come along and lock (stop any more posts)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 12, 2022 8:26 AM

May 2021
The writing is not good at all but certainly better than the first 3 episodes which does confuse me why the rating is dropping though one can chalk that up to more viewers who come in and use the 3-episode rule. Going by that, the score has a chance of really increasing if it is 2 cours.

Sep 12, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
i personally liked the show and deserves to be atleast 7.4 ish in my personal opinion

engage kiss >> call of the night
Sep 12, 2022 10:40 AM
Nov 2021
The animation is good, but honestly I think the story sucks. Author just tried to make it as dramatic as possible.
Sep 12, 2022 11:16 AM

May 2013
I love the anime it's my personal favorite of the season and couldn't really care less about the overal score. Still I think it's a bit underrated, the romance and melodrama is actually quite complex and some of the main characters are a bit misunderstood at least by the wider audience. The actual story is just a means to an end and a bit messy imo, often the show had some difficulties balancing out story and character drama, at least a 7,50 rating would be fair especially after last ep which was the best one yet.
Sep 12, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2017
Because the characters and writing are quite bad

This is a 5/10 at best
Sep 12, 2022 12:35 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    e. MAL community data
      e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
      e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
      e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» will engage kiss get season 2 in this year or it is still not  confirmed by official sources

FL-SYNC - Mar 26, 2023

44 by TedysakVT »»
May 14, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.