Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Hiyori fought with her heart this episode as Teruto didn't take it easy.

Not going to lie, this was a showcase of not only her skills but also determination. It might be her toughest match to date yet. Respect to both of them for having a well-fought match.
Jun 11, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
The role reversal: Teruto and Hiyori, the new sacrificial King of Neo Kyoto vs. his own apprentice, and Teruto in the guise of darkness, amplifies his power by abnormality that Hiyori couldn't beat.

But Hiyori, she brought all her skills to the table to defeat the clone, the style she knows as Teruto had taught her how to save him out of his ordeal, a culmination of everything she's fought for, for this moment alone.

Sakura also makes a return for a reunion, though how she returned is also through Teruto.
A fitting reunion, for the trio's last fight against Mario Higuma.
Jun 11, 2022 10:54 AM
Aug 2015
Absolutely phenomenal episode. Easily the best episode of the entire series to date. I was most impressed with how they were able to fit so much in just 1 episode and the pacing felt just right. The interactions between corrupted Teruto and Hiyori were great and really showcased how much she learned from him and her overall growth. The duel was excellent and they incorporated the perfect symbolism especailly for Divine Messenger and Soul's Worth cards with respect to Sakura guiding Hiyori's path and Hiyori embodying Teruto's philosophy of putting it all on the line. The only complaint I have would be some of the animation quality felt off at certain parts but it still had one hell of an emotional punch. I can't wait to see the conclusion of this season and I sincerely hope they continue the series with more seasons because it feels like there's still several things to explore.
Jun 11, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
I’m so happy for Hiyori omg she deserved this moment. After playing second fiddle to Teruto and Sakura in season 1 she finally gets her own moment to shine and frees both of them. That battle was really intense, by far the best of the series. Evil Teruto’s eyes were nightmare fuel.

Now the real fight against Higuma starts tho. Should be a fun conclusion
Jun 11, 2022 12:54 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Hiyori fighting for her wish to be fulfilled which is to have fun with Teruto and Sakura again and with Sakura's help she succeeds
Jun 11, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2021
I'm going to go against the grain here and state my dislike for this episode in particular.

Not only is it a pretty big copout to go "It's not Teruto battling but the server!" despite this not being how Kikka worked either, but everything regarding Sakura this episode was utter nonsense.

Like, I was under the impression Sakura was a part of Kikka that got shed off, right? That was the drama with her last season, and the drama of this season when Kikka needed to live with the guilt of depriving Hiyori of Sakura. Sakura should've been rejoined with Kikka, so it makes incredibly little sense to go "actually she was alive all along and just stored inside the supercomputer". Even if we accept she was, can anyone explain to me why Sakura seemed to have admin-level access to the program? Y'know, with forcefully logging Hiyori into and out of the main computer, guiding her actions with sakura petals; the works. It's just such a lazy chain of events that doesn't seem to follow any kind of consistent logic in the setting, and we're supposed to just accept all this because it made adorable baby chick girl smile?

Don't get me wrong, I adore Hiyori as much as the next person, but this is just lazy writing through and through. I find Sakura's revival even more insulting when you consider Kikka in all of this, because Kikka had JUST come to terms with the whole ordeal and even decided to start wearing Sakura's hairpin as a memento... and now all of that is for naught as the girl's just brought back anyway.

No, I don't think this is a good episode. Not even a little.
Jun 11, 2022 10:01 PM

Jun 2021
I just can't get over how damn good this show is. Even if this wasn't the true Hiyori vs. Teruto battle that we wanted (since this Teruto turned out to be a fake created by the control center of the Neo Kyoto server itself) this episode was still amazing and every part of it was executed so well.

The early part of the battle and the build-up was fantastic. Hiyori's first shot trigger going off at a point where the effect was useless combined with not-Teruto calling her struggle "pointless" was a good way to shake her confidence. Then the Divine Messenger shot trigger (very clever) and the sakura petal leading the way were great ways to get her mind back on track, and the final sequence of her winning the battle was just incredible both visually and emotionally.

The reunion with the real Teruto was great too, and Sakura coming back actually made me jump out of my chair in surprise. I realize that they teased it with the sakura petal earlier, but I thought that was just another "remembering good times with your friends to give yourself a mental boost" moment and not a sign that she was actually coming back. It seems so obvious now, but seeing her again blew me away.

Based on the preview, it sounded like Teruto might be the one battling Higuma next week, and I'm so excited for the last two episodes of this season/series.
Jun 12, 2022 2:49 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was fire(pun intented)probably the best match of the whole series by far.
really hyped for the climax
Jun 12, 2022 7:43 PM

Oct 2015
Ammokkx said:
I'm going to go against the grain here and state my dislike for this episode in particular.

Not only is it a pretty big copout to go "It's not Teruto battling but the server!" despite this not being how Kikka worked either, but everything regarding Sakura this episode was utter nonsense.

Like, I was under the impression Sakura was a part of Kikka that got shed off, right? That was the drama with her last season, and the drama of this season when Kikka needed to live with the guilt of depriving Hiyori of Sakura. Sakura should've been rejoined with Kikka, so it makes incredibly little sense to go "actually she was alive all along and just stored inside the supercomputer". Even if we accept she was, can anyone explain to me why Sakura seemed to have admin-level access to the program? Y'know, with forcefully logging Hiyori into and out of the main computer, guiding her actions with sakura petals; the works. It's just such a lazy chain of events that doesn't seem to follow any kind of consistent logic in the setting, and we're supposed to just accept all this because it made adorable baby chick girl smile?

Don't get me wrong, I adore Hiyori as much as the next person, but this is just lazy writing through and through. I find Sakura's revival even more insulting when you consider Kikka in all of this, because Kikka had JUST come to terms with the whole ordeal and even decided to start wearing Sakura's hairpin as a memento... and now all of that is for naught as the girl's just brought back anyway.

No, I don't think this is a good episode. Not even a little.

Fully agreed. Bad writing by the team, just to please fans that wanted those two back. Plot hole at its best
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 14, 2022 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
oh my girl Hiyori/Hiyoko Munenashi has became a full fledged awesome character!
she went from a crybaby to an impressive capable girl! i bow down to her!
now here comes the b0ss and i hope Teruto, Sakura, Hiyoko & Kikka would join forces! see you next week! ahihi
5/5.
matias067Jun 14, 2022 12:23 AM

Aug 23, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
The gang is back. I like how Hiyori confirmed it wasn't the real Teruto by asking him about his love for bread.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Build Divide: Code White Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

18 by Fello__ »»
Oct 8, 2022 2:01 PM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code White Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

12 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 5, 2022 11:39 PM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code White Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

6 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 23, 2022 10:12 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code White Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

12 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 23, 2022 9:01 AM

Poll: » Build Divide: Code White Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2022

5 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 23, 2022 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.