New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 20, 2022 2:48 PM
Jan 2021
MHA peaked at season 2

FMAB is suuper overrated

7DS peaked at season 2

Tokyo Revengers is not that good

Your rating of it doesn't mean you think it's good quality, it just means that you like it

Bleach's Lost Agent/ Lost Substitute Shinigami arc was actually great (blood war arc was trash and too long and boring)

Boruto is trash and makes Naruto look like a terrible person

Liking an anime only for the art is ok
Jan 20, 2022 2:56 PM
Oct 2021
Sasha should've died for shock in the beginning.
Rape in Berserk is used as shock value which is fucking retarded.
Zabuza is one of the best villains in anime.
Meruem is overrated.
Aot should've stayed a zombie apocalypse.
A silent voice is 6/10 not a masterpiece.
Princess Mononoke is 5/10.
Akira movie is not that good but has one of the best opening scenes to a movie.
Anime as a medium is pretty shit. Don't compare this to actual shows and movies guys.
Jan 20, 2022 2:59 PM

Dec 2019
Anime that make it into the mainstream only get there because of the visuals.
Jan 20, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2022
As much as I care about art and animation the story of an anime comes first, but if the animation is good enough an anime can't be considered the "worst".

Jan 20, 2022 3:15 PM
Dec 2021
Erwin is leagues better than Levi.
Jan 20, 2022 3:16 PM
Oct 2021
Most people think that they have unpopular opinions but I have seen a hundred Demon Slayer sucks posts. Please ask yourself is your opinion really that unique?
Jan 20, 2022 3:24 PM

Jul 2019
Steins gate's pacing is atrocious and horrible to watch.

Pop team epic isn't funny

Domestic gf sucked and it was just creepy, y'all just don't care because she's a chick lmao.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
LOCATE ME AT https://anilist.co/user/gr1mreap3rEXE/
Jan 20, 2022 10:03 PM
Dec 2020
Mantron said:
JJK is mediocre

MHA and Naruto are bad

Tokyo Revengers is shit

Levi and AOT are overrated

AOT fandom is worse than FMAB fandom

AOT dosen't have good characters

Dub is better than sub

Fate series is trash (except Fate/Zero)

You did NOT just call jjk mid bro u trippin. Kinda shit taste on that list no offense. Agree with some tho
Jan 20, 2022 10:30 PM

Feb 2021
-Flaky- said:
Mantron said:
JJK is mediocre

MHA and Naruto are bad

Tokyo Revengers is shit

Levi and AOT are overrated

AOT fandom is worse than FMAB fandom

AOT dosen't have good characters

Dub is better than sub

Fate series is trash (except Fate/Zero)

You did NOT just call jjk mid bro u trippin. Kinda shit taste on that list no offense. Agree with some tho

You have no right to talk about my taste. My taste is not shit. You don't know how to rate.

Watch some more shounen rather than those midtier mainstream shounen. Then I would explain why I said JJK is mid.
JJK has higher rating than Death Note but it doesn't make it better than Death note.
Jan 20, 2022 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Attack On Titan is overrated, yes I said it.
Jan 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Feb 2021
asuramaru1 said:
Attack On Titan is overrated, yes I said it.

This is not much unpopular but what you said is true.
Jan 21, 2022 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
I feel like in the anime community(probably not limited to it) there is some superiority complex that makes a lot of people think they can judge a show fairly. A lot get stuck in the opinions of the majority (it could also mean majority of the "intellectuals"), most don't know the meaning of certain words (look crunchyroll putting Eren as both best protagonist and best antagonist???), a LOT of people will confuse specific themes/way of writing, storytelling as better than others because they like them, some judge the overall show in response of the community (rate bad when community praises it and viceversa).
Maybe the first thing we should before rating "objectively" is to understand ourselves and what we like, THEN try to understand the show. Most of the times a lot of the criticism seems pointless because many people will just try to find a bad part of a certain show. I've written a blog post where I tried to "rate" some books like anime fans rate anime here. Tell me what you think
Jan 21, 2022 3:01 AM
Jul 2019
Pixis' head in S4 was too small
Jan 21, 2022 3:38 AM
Jan 2022
Evangelion is overhyped and most of its "depressing" scenes are just cringy as fuck
Jan 21, 2022 5:41 AM
May 2021
ickoriss said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Levi is mid (majority of the characters in aot are mid)

Aot's initial seasons are overrated af ( 1st season a 8.52? Really?)

FMA:brotherhood > Attack on titan

3 gatsu no lion is the best drama anime

Kara no kyoukai has the best OST of all anime (fact, not an opinion)

Monster has the best well written characters

Vinland saga > Kingdom

Attack on titan relies too much on shock value and plot armour

I think a blizzard just rolled in with these cold-ass takes lol.

Watched only the 1st season of aot
Hasn't watched 3 gatsu
Hasn't watched knk
Hasn't watched monster
Hasn't read vinland saga or kingdom
Proceeds to criticise my opinions

LMAO
Lone_wolf27Jan 21, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 21, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
Oh this is for Attack on Titan, my mistake lol
Shishio-kunJan 21, 2022 8:00 AM
Jan 21, 2022 8:36 AM
Jun 2021
Shishio-kun said:
Oh this is for Attack on Titan, my mistake lol
I posted it just for generalhot takes so it’s fine
Jan 21, 2022 8:40 AM
Apr 2021
Crastinator said:
Sasha should've died for shock in the beginning.
Rape in Berserk is used as shock value which is fucking retarded.
Zabuza is one of the best villains in anime.
Meruem is overrated.
Aot should've stayed a zombie apocalypse.
A silent voice is 6/10 not a masterpiece.
Princess Mononoke is 5/10.
Akira movie is not that good but has one of the best opening scenes to a movie.
Anime as a medium is pretty shit. Don't compare this to actual shows and movies guys.

While I agree that A Silent Voice isn't that good and is nowhere near considered a masterpiece, I have to disagree with that last sentence lol. Actual shows and movies no longer do it for me, although it's nice to occasionally take a break (even then I'm usually reading manga/manhwa instead). There's plenty of super good anime, underrated ones and hidden gems, the fact that there's so many means that everyone is bound to find something they really like.
Jan 21, 2022 9:48 AM

Mar 2011
Lone_wolf2021 said:
ickoriss said:

I think a blizzard just rolled in with these cold-ass takes lol.

Watched only the 1st season of aot
Hasn't watched 3 gatsu
Hasn't watched knk
Hasn't watched monster
Hasn't read vinland saga or kingdom
Proceeds to criticise my opinions

LMAO

You don't necessarily have to read/watch all or even any of something to know what it's about or how the general public feels about it lol.

Like I've only watched season one of AOT, but I read the full plot synopsis on the wiki when I heard a lot of people weren't satisfied with it, so I know what it's about. Same goes with most of the other stuff you listed. Like 3 gatsu is rated highly and was on a lot of year end lists, so it's fair to assume it's good. Same with Monster. It's the fifth highest rated manga of all time. Even though I haven't read it, a score like that would heavily imply the characters are well-written. See where I'm going with this?

I just felt like a lot of these were either very mild or just stuff that isn't shocking to hear.
Jan 21, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
for aot:
- it's not a crime to dislike attack on titan, so many people treat it like it is. stop getting so offended over it. can't even nicely say the show isn't for me without people throwing a tantrum. me disliking it should not affect you or your enjoyment for the show, so why does it matter

metropyramidJan 21, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 21, 2022 11:14 AM

Jan 2022
wholesome and relaxing anime > anything
Jan 21, 2022 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
FMA > FMAB
monogatari series all suck
kyoani shows mostly suck
Jan 21, 2022 4:45 PM

Jan 2020
titles like AOT make me big sad them ugly character designs
Jan 21, 2022 7:30 PM

Dec 2020
Enjoy
-Attack on Titan is Overrated (AOT)
-Fate/SN HF II is on par with Fate/Zero, HF III is slightly worse (Fate/)
-Hachi was a fantastic character (NANA)
-Re:Zero is ok (R:Z)
-Sasuke is an excellent character (Naruto)
-Shippuden (Up to before war-arc) was better than Part I (Naruto)
-Owari Pt I is better than S2 (Monogatari)
-Another was good (Another)
- Silhouette & Unravel & Brave Shine = Overrated (Naruto Shippuden, TG, F/UBW)
-"To the beginning" > "Brave Shine" (Fate/Zero, Fate/UBW)
-Harem shows have the best Anime Ops overall
-Castle in the sky is my least favorite Ghibli film (Castle in the sky)
-High school DxD 1st season-new are great (High school DxD, New)
-Kiki's Delivery Service is the best Ghibli film (Majo no Takkyuubin)
-Mirai Nikki is hot garbage and so is the main cast, with the exception of Uryuu (Mirai Nikki)
-Seven Deadly Sins was good up until 3rd season (Seven Deadly Sins)
-Pokémon (the 1997 one) is great and still holds up today (Pokémon)
-School Days was alright, not good, but alright (School Days)
-Shokugeki no Soma is a great show, and S2 > S1 (Food Wars)
-Steins;Gate 0 was great, and episodes 19-23 were fantastic (Steins;Gate 0)
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Jan 21, 2022 7:33 PM

Dec 2020
chrome said:
FMA > FMAB
kyoani shows mostly suck

Look, more power to you if you say that all the Monogatari series' installments suck, but at least complete one installment before making that claim. Otherwise, it falls on deaf ears.

I can confidently say that Akame Ga Kill sucks, because I finished the whole thing, for example.
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Jan 22, 2022 1:09 AM

May 2021
SAO Aincrad wasn't as bad as people trying to make it to be.

Jan 22, 2022 1:45 AM

Jul 2021
Jojo kinda overhyped from what I've watched. Seems solely meme-driven. But this is premature since I haven't watched the best seasons.
Inazuma Eleven is better than 90% of sports anime.
Rudeus Greyrat probably isn't a pedo. He's like 12, only his mind is older, which is an abstract concept in itself.
Rent a Girlfriend is unironically a masterpiece. Terribly written, but so good.
Tower of God is insanely good.
Quintessential quintuplets is even more mid than BNHA oml and I don't know how that's even possible.
Attack on Titan overrated. It's great, but is it as good as the fanbase hypes it up to be? Nah.
The "masterpiece plot twist" in S2 of AOT was bad. It barely had any impact on me, except seeming overly exaggerated.
Erased is amazing. Screw all of your critical opinions.
TPN S2 and Seven Deadly Sins S3 or 4 are in fierce competition for the biggest disappointments ever.
JJK could become one of the best shounen ever. Depends on future seasons.
Demon slayer shouldn't be compared to something like BNHA when it's an honestly above average, although not amazing shounen.
I don't care that I haven't read much manga, but if 20th century boys was adapted somewhat faithfully, it would knock FMAB and everything else out of the water.
FrostFlame8514Jan 22, 2022 1:54 AM
Jan 22, 2022 2:30 AM

Oct 2020
AOT has one of the best endings and ties up all the loose ends quite nicely.
Jan 22, 2022 2:57 AM

Aug 2018
sasha dying was the best thing ever
Jan 22, 2022 5:46 AM

Dec 2018
Nitroade24h said:
Hunter x Hunter isn’t that good. It’s not bad but isn’t great.
Madoka Magica Rebellion is one of the best animated movies of all time.
The tiniest things are enough to please a lot of shounen fans. If you look at Crunchyroll comments of shounen anime it will be full of “I like how this trope is subverted” or “the female characters in this are the best because they aren’t sexualised”. To me it looks like their standards are brought down by generic and repetitive shounen so that even basic stuff seems revolutionary to some fans.
Mieruko Chan was a 5/10 that 70% consisted of the same stuff every episode.

Except none of these are unpopular opinions to begin with. If you wanna sound ballsy, at least go with something like "Hunter x Hunter is the worst garbage shit show of all time", or "Mieruko Chan is one of the finest postmodern magnum opus ever graced on this planet".

I don't get how people always get these "unpopular opinions" posts wrong. Let me regurgitate this: you're not supposed to state the popular opinions. Less popular than the most popular doesn't equate with unpopular. I know you're not the only one who writes bunch of popular opinions in this unpopular opinion thread, but you're the first I saw. So sorry dude, that I only brought you to the spotlight.
. . .
Jan 22, 2022 5:48 AM

Sep 2020
People are overreacting how aot didn't have a plot armor, because everyone they loved is being killed by hacksay...., i mean isayama, killed every 100 hundred characters that doesn't even have backstory, major role or meaning to one character arc, they just killed of random dudes and chicks in screen and kids will pretend it's brutal, lol, jojos, persona, hxh, fmab has better plot armor, the irony is, why aot didn't learn from hxh and fmab for it's plot armor management, now imagine, who is the only major character who died in aot?

yes, only fews of them, i know they mean a lot for some characters, like levi and kenny, jean and marco, but can't you see? the survey corps formed by armin/hange were only 2 died, and to all manga readers will know who, and their impact were not huge except for
Jan 22, 2022 7:07 AM
Mar 2021
Preachee said:
Nitroade24h said:
Hunter x Hunter isn’t that good. It’s not bad but isn’t great.
Madoka Magica Rebellion is one of the best animated movies of all time.
The tiniest things are enough to please a lot of shounen fans. If you look at Crunchyroll comments of shounen anime it will be full of “I like how this trope is subverted” or “the female characters in this are the best because they aren’t sexualised”. To me it looks like their standards are brought down by generic and repetitive shounen so that even basic stuff seems revolutionary to some fans.
Mieruko Chan was a 5/10 that 70% consisted of the same stuff every episode.

Except none of these are unpopular opinions to begin with. If you wanna sound ballsy, at least go with something like "Hunter x Hunter is the worst garbage shit show of all time", or "Mieruko Chan is one of the finest postmodern magnum opus ever graced on this planet".

I don't get how people always get these "unpopular opinions" posts wrong. Let me regurgitate this: you're not supposed to state the popular opinions. Less popular than the most popular doesn't equate with unpopular. I know you're not the only one who writes bunch of popular opinions in this unpopular opinion thread, but you're the first I saw. So sorry dude, that I only brought you to the spotlight.
I don’t make opinions for the sake of being unpopular. These are just the opinions that people disagree with me the most on.
Jan 22, 2022 8:04 AM

Dec 2018
Nitroade24h said:
Preachee said:

I don’t make opinions for the sake of being unpopular. These are just the opinions that people disagree with me the most on.

I'm not encouraging you to make unpopular opinions just for the sake of it. I'm encouraging you to actually state the unpopular opinions. It's a thread about unpopular opinions, after all.

Trust me, you'll find plenty of people on MAL to back you up with everything you listed. Oh well, then again I guess I was just nitpicking. But the amount of popular "unpopular opinions" I've come across really does irritate me.
. . .
Jan 22, 2022 10:35 AM

Jan 2021
Fan service isn’t bad and doesn’t necessarily ruin the anime
JJK is good but kinda forgettable
Jan 23, 2022 4:33 AM
Jul 2021
Deku is worst protagonist
Luffy is a worse annoying version of goku
Sasuke is a ripoff of kurapika
Eren sucks
Reiner >eren
Naruto is mid
Jan 23, 2022 5:19 AM
Apr 2021
Longer rant I guess.

People who obsessively hate on and/ or act like a woman showing skin or having above average breasts inherently equates to sexualization and ruins a show are immature and need to get the hell over themselves.
I don't like gore I actually find it off-putting but I don't act like it's a crime against humanity.
In 99% of cases too gore and extreme levels of blood is totally '' unnecessary '' too which is a term I see thrown around in regards to this too.
Yeah, a character didn't '' NEED '' to have big boobs but there also didn't '' NEED '' to be so much blood or have gore on screen.
Guys also don't '' NEED '' to take their shirts off either but people are totally fine with them being allergic to shirts.

That's not to say I don't agree that Anime and Manga has a problem with sexualizing minors, I am specifically talking about young adults and adults.
Even in cases like Nezuko in Demon Slayer tho in one of her '' adult forms '' she has breasts which caused mental breakdowns recently.
If you only then thought that the show sexualized minors or even Nezuko herself because she got boobs then you weren't paying attention or you're just especially overly sensitive to breasts.
There's so many '' almost showed her crotch '' shots in the show both for her and other characters, but it's not boobs so people don't flip out about it or even notice.
So obsessing so much about her getting them when her body is adult came across as kinda absurd to me and like people just exposing how much they themselves sexualize breasts.
That was a problem with the beholder not the show or Mangaka..

Not saying people can't dislike certain things, I really hate the annoying screaming comedic relief trope.
But people always take it from '' I don't like this thing '' to '' it ruins it/ I don't like it therefore it needs to be changed or removed ''.
And if you can't even see an above average well-endowed woman without sexualizing it but you're totally fine with endless streams of shirtless guys then you're being kinda sexist.
Breasts are a secondary sex characteristic and so are male abs and chests, they're not genitals stop acting like it.
There's a reason why the wolf guys in the Twilight movies take their shirts off constantly stop being so fucking disingenuous acting like shirtless men isn't viewed as sexual but like even then hint of cleavage is basically the same as having ones dick out.
Just stop.
Jan 23, 2022 6:53 AM

Jan 2022
Xtpot said:
Eren sucks
Reiner >eren
Naruto is mid

I don't know why but your opinions feels like fact.
_Fallacy_Jan 23, 2022 8:57 AM

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Jan 23, 2022 10:18 AM
Mar 2021
Season 4 is terrible
Jan 23, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2021
_Fallacy_ said:
Xtpot said:
Eren sucks
Reiner >eren
Naruto is mid

I don't know why but your opinions feels like fact.
Thanks really means a lot.
Jan 23, 2022 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
TheAceAttorney said:
chrome said:
FMA > FMAB
kyoani shows mostly suck

Look, more power to you if you say that all the Monogatari series' installments suck, but at least complete one installment before making that claim. Otherwise, it falls on deaf ears.

I can confidently say that Akame Ga Kill sucks, because I finished the whole thing, for example.
if i'm 7 episodes in to a 15 episode series and i'm not enjoying it, it sucks. not going to waste my time watching things that are not enjoyable for the sake of critiquing them, and all of the installments are very similar in style/execution.
Jan 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Jan 2022
Basically, the overall quality of anime has steadily gone downhill since around 2006. Every truly great series or movie came out before that point in time.
Jan 24, 2022 9:33 AM
Jul 2021
SaMMy17BST said:
Basically, the overall quality of anime has steadily gone downhill since around 2006. Every truly great series or movie came out before that point in time.
yes(15 character limit)
Jan 24, 2022 6:47 PM
Apr 2020
Flock Forster is criminally underated, is incredibly overhated, is one of the top 5 best written characters in AOT.
Jan 26, 2022 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
AoT related:

AoT ending isn't bad it's just rushed
I hate both EH and EM shippers
Gabi is a good character who is better than Mikasa
Levi is overrated only for his looks, not a great character
Eren is still a good character even after ending
Yes I cringed at that Eren scene

Non AoT related:

JJK and Demon Slayer are overrated and carried by animation. Their story and characters are mid.
Tokyo Revengers is also overrated but better than both of these
MHA gets hate due to toxic shippers not its story even though its mid
OPM > Mob Psycho > Solo Levelling
Even though One Piece is great, Luffy is the worst mc among the so called Big Three anime
Hunter x Hunter is amazing but overrated, Chimera Ant is overrated, 2/3 of its boring, though climax is masterpiece
Jojo is overrated, it's known only for its memes
Your next line is "tf is he saying"
Part 4 > Part 3 > Part 6 > Part 2 > Part 5 > Part 1
Still have to read Part 7 and 8 so can't say
AoT = Death Note = S;G > Code Geass > FMAB
Boruto anime gets hate only for useless fillers, manga deserves at least 7.7 on MAL
Re Zero = Slime > Konosuba = Overlord
Overlord is good, deserves at least 8.4 on MAL
removed-userJan 26, 2022 4:47 AM
Jan 26, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2021
Berserk manga is a solid 8.6
PsythoJan 26, 2022 7:23 AM
Jan 26, 2022 4:41 PM
Dec 2020
The only well written character in AOT is Reiner up until the last chapter.
Jan 26, 2022 8:50 PM
Oct 2014
Levi is a mediocre character and not that interesting or well-written. Isayama is not that great at writing about political themes.
Jan 27, 2022 8:24 PM
Dec 2021
AOT related :
Season 2 is better than season 1

Non AOT :
HxH is overrated
Code geass ending is silly and pretentious.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
Jun 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.