Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 28, 2021 5:06 PM
Aug 2021
The dub is set to launch on January 11th 2022. Good news for those who were waiting for this! For me personally, this was one of the first series I have watched subbed and I have to admit, it was amazing. I can't see a dub being quite as good, but we'll see!

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/10/28-1/crunchyroll-reveals-fall-anime-dub-plans-for-platinum-end-and-more
Oct 28, 2021 5:24 PM

Sep 2020
This is one of those anime where the dub will 100% not be as good as the subbed. Sumire Uesaka did a really good performance as Nagatoro and can not be matched imo. I feel sorry for people who do not watched subs who will not get to hear the voice of subbed Nagatoro. At least they can appreciate this great anime though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2019
Finally! Now I can watch this series! So hyped for this!

I’m actually surprised it took this long seeing how popular it is but now I can finally add it to my PTW list. :)
Oct 28, 2021 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
RedVelvet930 said:

I’m actually surprised it took this long seeing how popular it is but now I can finally add it to my PTW list. :)
why couldn't you have watched it before? The sub is available on crunchyroll
Oct 28, 2021 6:26 PM
Dec 2017
here come the westernization of it.

Oct 28, 2021 6:54 PM
Sep 2020
It law dubs please.
Oct 28, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2019
Xran said:
RedVelvet930 said:

Oh, I guess I should clarify I’m a dub only guy so before with the sub, while I might’ve gotten around to it, it likely would’ve been 10+ years from now before I finally moved on to my sub-only anime. :)
Oct 28, 2021 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
RedVelvet930 said:
Xran said:
Oh, I guess I should clarify I’m a dub only guy so before with the sub, while I might’ve gotten around to it, it likely would’ve been 10+ years from now before I finally moved on to my sub-only anime. :)
ah I see. Being dub only is perfectly valid and a fine way to enjoy the medium of anime. I hope you enjoy nagatoro :)
Oct 28, 2021 7:33 PM

Feb 2021
Crow_Black said:
oh fuck off!

All you people do is complain.
Oct 29, 2021 9:41 AM
Aug 2021
If this is dub is half as good as the sk8 dub, it's gonna be funny as hell
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
Oct 29, 2021 11:12 AM

Mar 2020
They really need to keep "Senpei" if they give him a name I swear to God imma lose it

420Lolicon420 said:
If monika rial voices nagatoro i'm gonna beat some ass

This, but I can totally see it happening

Regardless I'll probably give one episode a watch just to see how it is
Oct 30, 2021 3:47 AM
Dec 2020
Looking forward to it, hopefully will live up to the sub
Oct 30, 2021 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
YoungStarDC said:
The dub is set to launch on January 11th 2022. Good news for those who were waiting for this! For me personally, this was one of the first series I have watched subbed and I have to admit, it was amazing. I can't see a dub being quite as good, but we'll see!

Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/10/28-1/crunchyroll-reveals-fall-anime-dub-plans-for-platinum-end-and-more
I'm imagining some crappy dub like Chika from Love Is War lol. Landing Nagatoro's voice could potentially be problematic
Oct 31, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
MadanielFL said:
Crow_Black said:
oh fuck off!

We wish it was just that... The complaints that Nagatoro had, Uzaki had (and still has), and every anime nowadays, to be dub in "the proper way"... it's a valid concern and should be said clearly and out loud!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 31, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
r_justo said:
MadanielFL said:
oh fuck off!

We wish it was just that... The complaints that Nagatoro had, Uzaki had (and still has), and every anime nowadays, to be dub in "the proper way"... it's a valid concern and should be said clearly and out loud!
lmao this whole westernization thing is the most dumb thing I have heard, constantly being spread by those clickbait anti-sjw anitubers.
Oct 31, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
MadanielFL said:
r_justo said:

lmao this whole westernization thing is the most dumb thing I have heard, constantly being spread by those clickbait anti-sjw anitubers.

Yh, also that... But (I don't have US Churchill, so for me is only speculation, but) Goblin slayer was a hard dub (if there's a dub for that), Shield hero was also a no-no, and I'm not going with Mushuko or Redo of the healer (those 2 were banned for good).

The westernization is not what they make with the series live-action (like Cowboy Bebop), it's more like what they want to do to "allow" animes to be seen/dub in English-speaking countries. (and let's not talk about what 4kids did, censoring pistols with water guns, or just removing them) That's not fictional at all! That's a thing that exists and needs to be "fight" against it!

If anime is big today for companies to have their jobs dubbing them, and audiences soo huge that generate enough money for companies in the other side of the world fight to have exclusivity of that set anime, it's because it doesn't need to change at all!!
Trying to do or forcing so it's a "crime" and needs to stop! (and by Japanese law, companies cannot force authors to change their Japanese way of doing mangas/animes nor censor them (more than they already are) in Japan! So yes! It's a crime!)
r_justoOct 31, 2021 7:53 AM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 31, 2021 8:03 AM

Feb 2021
Shield hero, goblin slayer, mushoku all had dubs, and they were pretty good.
In fact most dubs are pretty close to the original, of course there are a few lines that has to be changed in order for it to make sense, but overall it’s all the same.
Oct 31, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2008
MadanielFL said:
In fact most dubs are pretty close to the original, of course there are a few lines that has to be changed in order for it to make sense, but overall it’s all the same.

That's why I said speculations... although I very well remember they didn't want to do Mushoku (it's a surprise they did it), and shield hero and Goblin Slayer were very contested, but their fame was stronger eventually. They need money xD
Oct 31, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
r_justo said:
MadanielFL said:

That's why I said speculations... although I very well remember they didn't want to do Mushoku (it's a surprise they did it), and shield hero and Goblin Slayer were very contested, but their fame was stronger eventually. They need money xD
Who didn't want to do Mushku? I actually never heard any story about this, Funimation has been doing the dub for Mushoku since before the first season ended, and they have been heavily promoting it.
Oct 31, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
MadanielFL said:
r_justo said:

Who didn't want to do Mushku? I actually never heard any story about this, Funimation has been doing the dub for Mushoku since before the first season ended, and they have been heavily promoting it.

That's strange, I'm pretty sure Mushoku was one of those animes, along with Redo of Healer and earlier that year Uzaki-chan.

ed1: hum... funny thing that you learn after research a little bit. The problem with the dubs was not the bought of the anime rights, every anime have their rights bought even before they premier in Japan.
The tactic seems to be "wait to see if it can give enough money to pay the dub" (not a bad strategy at all). The only thing that is strange is in some anime cases, like Redo of healer had Sentai bought its rights instead of the "normal" companies, and now Nagatoro that waited half a year to be released.

There is not enough evidence to support my statement and many of them even contradict it, so it looks like I'm in the wrong here for most of the cases, so I will not push it.
Dec 1, 2021 3:33 AM
May 2019
Xran said:
RedVelvet930 said:

Because most anime fans prefer dubbed like me
Dec 1, 2021 3:34 AM
May 2019
420Lolicon420 said:

Monica Rial is amazing but I doubt she would do both this and Uzaki-chan due to how similar they are.
Dec 21, 2021 3:05 AM
May 2019
420Lolicon420 said:
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Monica Rial is amazing but I doubt she would do both this and Uzaki-chan due to how similar they are.

>Monica Rial is amazing
>she falsely accused my boi vic

#IStandWithVic

Vic is Slime and nobody sides with him, lol .. I will give him credit that he did some amazing roles though.
Dec 24, 2021 7:34 PM
Dec 2021
Sounds racy to watch a dub anime, watching dub anime is trash and very racism
Dec 24, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2021
every new anime have a cringe dub has always bringing garbage and sounds annoying and corny
Dec 24, 2021 8:16 PM

Jul 2017
420Lolicon420 said:

One of the many reasons I just don't fuck with dubs much lol. I can totally see it happening ugh.

Dec 24, 2021 8:37 PM

Sep 2015
Guessing they're gonna change some things then.
Jan 3, 2022 8:38 PM
May 2019
animeaddict67 said:

I've never watched subbed anime.. dub is the way to go!
Jan 8, 2022 5:39 AM

Mar 2020
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
animeaddict67 said:

You've literally have rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai and happy sugar life in your list and they don't have dubs
Jan 11, 2022 11:07 AM
May 2019
MercerTheLegend said:
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

You've literally have rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai and happy sugar life in your list and they don't have dubs

There are definitely exceptions and when it comes to visual novels and live action, I only watch them subbed. I even own the special edition of Anthem of the Heart on blu ray which was never dubbed or even given a proper North American release. That was $100 right there. My vision isn't great which is why I prefer dubbed when it comes to anime. The Rascal TV Series was very hard to follow for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.