Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shin is so bold this season, without any fear, he'd challenge one of the most fierce characters on the battlefield. He didn't look too great in physical condition though.

It alos seems this episode is more or less of a revenge theme episode.

Oct 3, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2017
Another 10/10 episode... There hasn't been a single episode this season that wasn't a 10/10 imo

I am praying for a season 4 announcement
Oct 3, 2021 1:29 PM
Dec 2020
What I just watched was legendary....the best episode yet
Oct 3, 2021 1:45 PM
Jan 2021
Katou81 said:
Another 10/10 episode... There hasn't been a single episode this season that wasn't a 10/10 imo

I am praying for a season 4 announcement

SAMMEE BRO SAMEE THIS SHIT IS TOO GOOD.
Oct 3, 2021 3:12 PM

Jul 2017
And that is the end of the Coalition arc. There's still the rewards ceremony to be done but that'll probably be concise and have most of the time dedicated to adapting a portion of the 'revenge' arc. Still about 11 chapters to adapt till the end of that arc in these two episodes so pacing will be a bit on the high side, but given how the arc isn't a war per say, the pacing being a bit faster should be alright enough.

Given all of that, what an amazing arc this was. If there was less censorship and more blood, it would've been a perfect 10/10 arc for me in anime form, just considering how much of a stepup the visuals took in comparison to the first 2 seasons through Pierrot Plus, and how much of an upgrade the music was too in general. It was hype, from the strategic battles from subtle details to massive scopes, and various kinds of fights too from tactical to just big men bonking the shit out of each other's skulls. It was exciting, emotional, high stakes and just brilliant and entertaining to watch. And considering how Kingdom's first two seasons suffered with its animation problems, season 3 was fairly decent for anime standards (not comparing to manga of course). I loved this so much. Probably would be a 9.7 or 9.8/10 arc for me in the end (anime-wise).

The upcoming arc isn't the best of what Kingdom can offer but its short and would be a nice change of pace for a couple episodes to wrap up this incredible anime season of Kingdom (and I'm so happy to describe a Kingdom season as incredible for once). Bring me season 4 dammit.
Oct 3, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2018
Yotanwa is really gorgeous. And Teng really thought Rokumei is dead, lmao.
Oct 3, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
Xin fighting against Pang was badass!

Looks like the best arc in the series is coming to an end and what an arc it was!
Oct 3, 2021 7:31 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Glad that Xin wounded Pang, but hasn't defeated him yet. I feel he still has a ways to go before actually defeating him. Would be awesome if Pang is felled by Wang's spear.

Hoping the anime can finish off with a 8.50, if not higher.
Oct 3, 2021 8:01 PM

Aug 2011
G_Spark233 said:
Xin fighting against Pang was badass!

Looks like the best arc in the series is coming to an end and what an arc it was!

You said it.

This was well worth the long wait. Xin was epic against Pang and it was great to see it animated. Only 2 more eps and then we wait again, but looking forward to what's to come.
Oct 3, 2021 11:01 PM
Jun 2008
I'm glad I waited for this episode ! 10/10 anime for sure ! SHEESH , the feels !
Oct 3, 2021 11:16 PM
Jun 2021
lol poor snake dude. anyone knows if he's still alive?
Oct 3, 2021 11:48 PM

Feb 2013
UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Oct 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Sep 2021
very satisfying conclusion to the end of this particular war

was awesome to see xin come right out of the gate and land a blow on pang nuan, the animation during that scene was great. cant believe he actually surrendered. was happy to see the mountain folk again and their masks fuck everyone up again. you could feel the dissapointment from the coalition army leaders... really looking forward to seeing how things shape up after this (which armies go in which directions and align with who and for what reasons, all that good political stuff).

this season took this anime up to a new level of quality for the genre its trying to achieve. its not a "masterpiece" in the same way as a deep thoughtful anime, or a classic like champloo, or something else completely like mononoke, a "masterpiece" however it does its own thing; i havent really seen such large scale battles (especially drawn out over a whole season) on such a massive scope with great animation/art and lots of strategy to this seasons degree in any other show. it reminds me of the classic chinese war movies like the Red Cliff movies and others, and in that way it was a masterpiece of its own rather unique style, or in other words it came into its style this season and mastered its potential to a degree where i gotta give it a 9 so far!
Oct 4, 2021 7:04 AM
May 2019
Finally we get a satisfaction conclusion for this war !
I hope for an announcement for season 4
Oct 4, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man that concludes the Coalition invasion. Pretty good stuff. 2 more episodes to go and then we'll see where we stand.
Oct 4, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 2018
The Li Mu army has retreated from Zui!

1. Even PANG NUAN has acknowledged him now. I'm already excited for the next encounter of XIN with PANG NUAN!
2. Everyone is shocked about the unexpected!
3. 'Deepest Gratitude' to all those who gave their all!

Lol at their retreat!
Oct 4, 2021 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
We all knew the arc was going to be amazing but the studio and all those involved have really done it justice, kudos to them. I was just thinking that we haven't seen enough Kyoukai this season, hopefully the last 2 eps is the revenge arc.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 4, 2021 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
The war is over Yet a new one springs up anew Those generals just love to fight Good thing the civilians fought and the mountain people showed up
Oct 5, 2021 7:49 AM
Dec 2018
This episode. And now 2 more to go aaand season 4 (they must make it)
Oct 5, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
Watching Li Mu get picked apart by Zheng felt so good here.
Oct 19, 2021 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
Damn That blonde mountain gal just mesmerized me. NO idea what was goin on at the end there lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 1, 2021 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Xin you pulled it off yet again.
Feb 6, 2022 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
i have kind of mixing feeling.
on one side, i would prefer they would give shin vs pan nuan battle another minute. it was really short compare to this episode other events, another minute or even half minute would give more closure to this one i thnk.
on the other hand, the rest of the episode felt really rushed, not only the "epilogue" war feeling felt really rushed. but also he coalition vs qi could have more "meat".
episode wisely, another two episodes or even one could give more to what this episode had offered, and also considering the next arc seems to be. hell, why this season is only 26? they don't have to give 39 episodes everytime (hell, if they would do so the animation probably wouldn't be so neat) but 28-30 episodes would be good too.

i'm also little disappointed by not killing pang nuan to give shin the big achievement he needs here (i mean, except killing one general and defending zui it felt he haven't done much), but that would be given due the fact he's like final boss lol.
more impressions on the coalition arc gonna be in last episode discussion lol.
Mar 27, 2022 3:10 AM

Nov 2016
Chin made it through this intense war. Outstansing arc, there was no episode that didn't have me on the edge of my seat. Kingdom is the seinen with one of the best battle shounen-esque arcs.

10/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2022 5:05 AM

May 2020
damn that was an amazing conclusion to an amazing arc

Aug 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2018
I don't have words for the Coalition Invasion Arc. It's the best Kingdom arc so far with thrilling battles on the battlefield itself and political fights throughout the whole arc. Thanks to the glow-up of the third season, it was really worth to watch the anime instead of the manga.
Shin duels the one that defies the Heavens, Hou Ken. Lord Hyou left a present for him, completely immobilized Hou Ken's arm and Shin used that as a key to stab him in the heart. You could very well call this plot armor. But, Shin used techniques which he reformed throughout his 4 years of fights on the battlefield. The jump he usually does which he also used in his fight against Hou Ken and proceeds to slash open another wound on his face. With this, the duel ends mainly due to the withdraw of the army. Yo Tan Wa's presence makes the episode a thousand times better. She's just so fucking beautiful and how many troops she commands is incredible. Hopefully, we'll see some of the mountain fights but that's probably not the case.

The whole coalition army has withdrawn after the defeat of Ri Boku's army in the south. Chu took heavy damage from this war and proceeds to attack Qi, the traitors of the whole conflict. Well, Mou Bou's right there to attack them from behind. They gotta pay them for not joining the fight afterall. Oh man, I completely forgot the comedy which isn't actually really there but an example is Tou messing with Roku O Mi.

Man, what makes this season so good is that everything that happend in the previous scenes comes back to this. A prime example are the mountain people aiding the Xin army. Even though some fights were animated powerpointish and not fluid, it didn't take away the tension and hype around it. The soundtrack made up for it and the effects weren't bad either. I expect the fourth season to be much better but the third season did a great job. 2 episodes left and I'm excited for the rewards and stuff.
SideCharacterKalAug 8, 2022 4:48 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 10, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 2013
Xin really did beat Pang Nuan! Goddamn. I don't care if he's one-armed, Xin has been fighting almost non-stop for like a week. That was a legit win! Anyway, does this mean Qi is done for?
May 25, 2023 10:10 PM

May 2021
Great episode almost making me tear up a little
Inhales oxygen
Jun 2, 2023 8:35 AM

Nov 2010
I hope Qin will give something in return to the mountain tribes. They came in clutch. I want to marry Yang Duanhe!
Aw, poor Qi. They should've taken advantage and invaded the coalition countries while they were besieging Qin.
May 1, 8:40 AM
Mar 2022
And that is the end of the Coalition arc, still my favourite arc in kingdom and the anime did a 10/10 job with the adaptation...

There's still the rewards ceremony to be done but that'll probably be concise and have most of the time dedicated to adapting the 'revenge' arc. Still about 11 chapters to adapt till the end of that arc in these two episodes so pacing will be a bit fast. Though it'll be a great way to wrap up this incredible anime season of Kingdom...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

49 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2021

36 by LewisHarrison »»
Apr 30, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2020

102 by LewisHarrison »»
Apr 28, 10:57 AM

» A question? (Contains Spoilers)

MrPerfectGamer - Sep 13, 2021

14 by MrPerfectGamer »»
Apr 11, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2020

50 by Blizzard510992 »»
Apr 6, 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.