Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2021 6:03 AM
May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Wait Here, Magikarp just came out! This one has zero dialogue, and is a bit more musically focused. I'd say this episode is another win for this series.

Mod Edit: Embedded video
anime-primeAug 14, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2, 2021 3:26 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Absolutely this is a win! Having a music-driven short was an unexpected, but much welcome change of pace. A treat for both the eyes and ears.
Jul 2, 2021 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
When the Magikarp was brought to the Pokemon Center (maybe), it made me remember that Magikarp salesman in the 1st gen. games. Nostalgia. It was a good episode overall, can't compare to episode 3 (my favorite so far), but still good.
Jul 4, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
kakeyokakeyo said:
When the Magikarp was brought to the Pokemon Center (maybe)

They brought it to the Day Care. The building looks identical to the Pokémon Day Care in Sword & Shield.
Aug 6, 2021 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
This was the best one. I felt really sad when he mistook his boy for the one who adopted Psyduck. Speaking of which...at first I thought that this was a Pokemon Daycare, it seemed like Pokemon were being adopted, which implies it would be a shelter, which isn't something we've seen in Pokemon before.

Also, how is that kid going to keep a Gyarados? He can't keep it in his aquarium, and he almost certainly doesn't have a big enough pool. So does he just let it swim around in the lake? How is he supposed to travel with it on land? He'd only be able to carry it around inside a Pokeball while on land. Wouldn't it drown if he tried to pull it out on land? So he'd only be able to interact with it near water? IDK.
Nov 29, 2022 4:58 AM

Jul 2020
Lovely music this episode and I always find it impressive when a complete tale can be told without a single word and yet still be so immersive. Poor Magikarp, just wanting to reunite again. Nice seeing it evolve at the end.
Jan 9, 2023 7:11 AM

May 2022
Valyrian1124 said:
This was the best one. I felt really sad when he mistook his boy for the one who adopted Psyduck. Speaking of which...at first I thought that this was a Pokemon Daycare, it seemed like Pokemon were being adopted, which implies it would be a shelter, which isn't something we've seen in Pokemon before.

Also, how is that kid going to keep a Gyarados? He can't keep it in his aquarium, and he almost certainly doesn't have a big enough pool. So does he just let it swim around in the lake? How is he supposed to travel with it on land? He'd only be able to carry it around inside a Pokeball while on land. Wouldn't it drown if he tried to pull it out on land? So he'd only be able to interact with it near water? IDK.
Just do it like the games where water pokémon swim in the air.
Jan 21, 2023 5:21 AM

May 2021
A musical episode. Awesome.

Aug 17, 2023 3:56 AM

Nov 2012
Incredible visuals, obviously conceptually quite different to others, but still super enjoyable
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 1, 2023 1:16 PM

Oct 2018
Backgrounds were sick, and an awesome musical too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 3 Discussion

Mizore - Jun 4, 2021

31 by Sachoza »»
Jan 11, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 8 Discussion

Koby - Dec 28, 2021

15 by RioFS »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 7 Discussion

ibbuno - Oct 8, 2021

10 by RioFS »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:18 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 6 Discussion

ibbuno - Sep 10, 2021

16 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 2, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 5 Discussion

anime-prime - Aug 14, 2021

15 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.