Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2021 1:27 AM

Mar 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Everything about this episode I absolutely loved! The artstyle, soundtrack, animation, story. It excels in a lot of aspects!
Jun 4, 2021 10:39 AM

Dec 2018
So precious <3
I love it. I can't be fair to this episode, it appealed to my emotionality a lot.

Batteru!

Jun 4, 2021 10:44 AM

Mar 2020
It was a great episode compared to the last two. And studio colorido is behind this.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 4, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
I hope this episode gets subbed, because I absolutely loved it. I would totally be okay with watching a show all about Tsubomi and her Nidoran buddy. The Pokemon world doesn't completely revolve around Ash, as much as the TV anime would like to make us think so. Hell, I hope it gets an English dub.
Jun 4, 2021 2:40 PM

Apr 2020
Definitely Love this, A day when my Japanese skills were put to good use 😎
Jun 5, 2021 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
I loved the fact that the very end is essentially the opening to the original Pokemon Red/Green/Blue.
Jun 7, 2021 1:05 AM
Dec 2017
I would've preferred if this was a series though.
Jun 8, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2010
kakeyokakeyo said:

Indeed. I would kill for an entire series about Tsubomi. Pokemon as a TV show really doesn't do its female characters justice, especially the main ones Ash travels with.
Jun 8, 2021 9:11 PM

Oct 2017
Damn this must be the greatest Pokemon Animation since Generations.
The potential of a good Pokémon Animation is so great but The Pokemon company will never give us something with this quality for more than a 10 minute OVA u.u.

Jun 9, 2021 5:24 AM

Apr 2020
This short episode is truly refreshing for the pokèmon franchise.

While it is unrelated to the main series anime, it takes advantage of the "pokèmon main mechanics" and adapts them to their full potential, setting one of the highest standards for a pokèmon animated story.

The graphics and animations are gorgeous and the plot is full of details.
The protagonist has the goal of starting a journey as a pkmn trainer and struggles to reach it, then manages to prove herself worthy of undertaking it in the end.

A truly wholesome experience, easy 10/10.
Jun 10, 2021 10:55 AM

Sep 2010
You know I like Pokémon just like this a interesting story

I wish Pokémon special/adventure get an anime adaption
Jun 10, 2021 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am not quite a pokemon fan before. But this one sole episode is hella cute, man, with all of those art and animation. The mc girl actually very enjoyable and likeable so far, pretty suit well for me as a moe lover. I wonder whose the va behind her character? But, man, i thought this will get a separate entry, considering it as a pokemon spin-off. Guess i just wrong and never know there are more episode of a random poketoon episodes before. Well, idk if i should've put this on my list. So ... please quote me when another episode release, if you don't mind xd.
Nevermind that. I just gonna put this on my on-hold list. Because the other two actually pretty decent enough for me with their different style and story telling to reach into the on-hold decision. Really looking forward to see the next part....
badabassJun 10, 2021 7:45 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 11, 2021 4:15 AM
Jan 2021
i think these shorts are tests since i think this is the last pokemon anime with ash it seems that most fans agree that this short was one of the best pokemon media to be animated
Jun 11, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
This episode was amazing, so heartwarming ♥
And that animation, it was GORGEOUS
Jun 12, 2021 2:18 AM
Jan 2021
tanhehehe2 said:
i think these shorts are tests since i think this is the last pokemon anime with ash it seems that most fans agree that this short was one of the best pokemon media to be animated

If it's as you say, I am really hyped. I will take this over the pokemon main series anyday.
Jun 14, 2021 1:55 PM
Sep 2019
Loved this episode so much. I wish there was a new anime series with Tsubomi and Nidoran as the main characters.
Jun 15, 2021 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I squealed at that sudden Pokemon Red intro reference.
Aug 6, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2016
Artificial drama. JUST TOSS THE NIDORAN BACK! She wasted like 5-10 minutes just standing there on the bridge going "oh, I don't know why they are fighting..." and then running with the Nidoran back to her house. JUST TOSS IT BACK ON THE BRIDGE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I do like how we get a more realistic view on "becoming the Pokemon Champion". In each mainline game, you play as a 10 year old (or, in BW's case, a teenager) who just so happens to be the one who becomes the Champion. And there is the Pokemon anime where Ash becomes a regular semi finalist in every Pokemon League, so it's easy to think it's easy to become champion. But here, we get to see her parent's perspective. Dad was good enough to get into some tournament, but only like the top 1% of the 1% have a chance of actually winning the title. It's pretty much a pipe dream for most people, so when their daughter goes "I'm going to become the champion!" they just nod their heads and smile, knowing that she's just a kid who doesn't really understand how insanely unlikely that's going to be.

kakeyokakeyo said:

Yeah. So far, these shorts have proven far more entertaining that the formula of the show, which became stale after Indigo League.

prettyprint said:
While it is unrelated to the main series anime, it takes advantage of the "pokèmon main mechanics" and adapts them to their full potential, setting one of the highest standards for a pokèmon animated story.

I think that is one of the great tragedies about Pokemon. You have this interesting world with all of these magical creatures and sci fi technology... and it's never really explored. Almost every single game is about commanding a team of Pokemon to use in formalized combat. It'd be cool to see Pokemon helping build stuff, or the daily lives of normal people and their Pokemon. Thus far this series of shorts is the only entry in the franchise that does that, and it's rather criminal that we only get one short once a month. I'd take this over more Ash and his formulaic episodes any day.
Valyrian1124Aug 6, 2021 7:40 PM
Oct 8, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2021
Another cute, heartwarming episode. The animation was amazing, and I'd love to see more of it in a mainline pokemon series.
Oct 9, 2021 6:02 AM

Sep 2015
Very cute! really enjoyed this ep
Nov 1, 2021 7:34 AM
Jun 2017
Wow i really loved the reference of the opening scene of the first game at the end of the episode with Nidorino and Gengar ! :)
Aug 7, 2022 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
These mini series are always so good and that great animation. ❤
Nov 29, 2022 4:52 AM

Jul 2020
This episode particularly spoke to me as super fun and adorable. Studio Colorado always do a great job with Pokemon (and anything they make) and this episode was no exception. Seeing her convince her parents and befriend Nidoran was just so satisfying to watch. If only these episodes were longer and we could see what happens on her upcoming journey.
Jan 9, 2023 6:51 AM

May 2022
Really good episode. Tsubomi is a great character and I can see why people want a full series based on her adventures. Honestly the only reason it isn't a 5/5 for me is the fact that the ending's not my favorite. Tsubomi needs to get the family's Charizard to stop the trainers from battling with fireworks??? Sure they weren't listening before, but couldn't she just step in and force them to aknowledge you that way? By that point, her parents should've already gone looking for her so they could witness her act of bravery to allow her to go on a journey as well. Charizard is just too popular to ignore ig. Anyways, besides that, it's an awesome episode and I hope that Tsubomi at least gets a cameo in the new series.
Jan 13, 2023 9:11 PM
Mar 2020
An emotional ride from start to finish. Following Ash in the main show, we're often not paying attention to the fact that this is a living breathing world with people who have their own lives and who don't need the main characters to exist. My favorite part was seeing that old Charizard just enjoying a nice leisurely retirement. Super cute how the parents met as opponents in the championship league, and also crazy to think how every pokemon we saw was from Kanto then the wife pops in with some chameleon looking thing at the end.

Lately, I've felt like Pokemon has left me behind as a handheld gamer. This one really tugged at my heartstrings for the entire 13 minutes. Superbly well done.
Jan 13, 2023 9:22 PM
Mar 2020
Valyrian1124
Artificial drama. JUST TOSS THE NIDORAN BACK! She wasted like 5-10 minutes just standing there on the bridge going "oh, I don't know why they are fighting..." and then running with the Nidoran back to her house. JUST TOSS IT BACK ON THE BRIDGE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I do like how we get a more realistic view on "becoming the Pokemon Champion". In each mainline game, you play as a 10 year old (or, in BW's case, a teenager) who just so happens to be the one who becomes the Champion. And there is the Pokemon anime where Ash becomes a regular semi finalist in every Pokemon League, so it's easy to think it's easy to become champion. But here, we get to see her parent's perspective. Dad was good enough to get into some tournament, but only like the top 1% of the 1% have a chance of actually winning the title. It's pretty much a pipe dream for most people, so when their daughter goes "I'm going to become the champion!" they just nod their heads and smile, knowing that she's just a kid who doesn't really understand how insanely unlikely that's going to be.

Valyrian1124 said:

kakeyokakeyo said:

Yeah. So far, these shorts have proven far more entertaining that the formula of the show, which became stale after Indigo League.

prettyprint said:

I think that is one of the great tragedies about Pokemon. You have this interesting world with all of these magical creatures and sci fi technology... and it's never really explored. Almost every single game is about commanding a team of Pokemon to use in formalized combat. It'd be cool to see Pokemon helping build stuff, or the daily lives of normal people and their Pokemon. Thus far this series of shorts is the only entry in the franchise that does that, and it's rather criminal that we only get one short once a month. I'd take this over more Ash and his formulaic episodes any day.

I think her going to get Charly makes sense. Even if she let the nidoran return to its parents, it wouldn't have stopped either side from fighting. None of the grownups would have listened to her, since she was just a kid, and its likely they would have hunted down the nidoran and its parents in the future. Getting Charly was the only way to get both sides' attention and stop the fighting without any injuries. Its likely that both her initiative and her creative solution to the problem was what convinced her parents that she was finally mature enough to take her pokemon journey.
Jan 21, 2023 5:07 AM

May 2021
A W in every aspect from story to animation to soundtrack to references, especially the Nidoran VS Gengar with the Fire Red intro soundtrack, a very nice touch.

I loved how the Charizard there was initially lazing around but upon seeing our MC's determination, becomes the alpha Pokemon and shows everybody who's the boss.

Aug 17, 2023 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
I can't be the only one finding these extremely emotional 😭 and they're made for kids too haha 😂
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 7, 2023 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
I want this to be a series, common take our money just do it, it was such an amazing pilot episode.
Oct 23, 2023 10:47 PM
Jan 2020
this was beautiful would watch an entire series with her, had a lot of heart
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Oct 2018
Utterly fantastic in every sense and the reference of the original game intro at the end.
Jan 11, 1:40 PM
Jun 2010
When i watched this episode, i cried. its so beautiful <3 Happy ending, happy ending <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 8 Discussion

Koby - Dec 28, 2021

15 by RioFS »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 7 Discussion

ibbuno - Oct 8, 2021

10 by RioFS »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:18 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 6 Discussion

ibbuno - Sep 10, 2021

16 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 2, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 5 Discussion

anime-prime - Aug 14, 2021

15 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Poketoon Episode 4 Discussion

VadeRevan - Jul 2, 2021

9 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.