Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2021 12:43 PM
Jun 2015
It was really hard to see this episode, while being stressed and sleep-deprived and eating non-stop things I shouldn't (i.e. chips).

My cells are definitely crying and screaming like that. I really need to stop :(
Mar 8, 2021 7:21 PM

Mar 2016
Very despressing episode and signs are pointing to an heart attack coming at some point in the final episodes. Another case and serious cliffhanger ending instantly followed by the upbeat ED :P

Amazed how the moment U-1196 rushed in to hug AA2153 gave me instant chills and suddenly teary. The impact of that action repeated 3 times was a truely powerful moment.
Mar 10, 2021 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
and to you pro abortionists, now tell me that a fetus is ---JUST--- a lump of cells.

but seriously the spleen segment is just euphemism turned up to 9999. that kind of argument is so flimsy I wouldn't even want to tell myself that I associate to such poor sad excuse pathetic of an existence.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 10, 2021 10:30 PM

Apr 2015
phantomfandom said:
Seriously this body... it's not like he has no choice because he still has money to buy tobacco and alcohol but he choose to ignore his health condition, for what!

Anyway, good soundtrack as always. The spleen segment is quite a religious metaphor.

for what huh? you mas as well why do you wake up everyday. for what?

why are we still here? just to suffer?

xiquanze said:
After watching this show, I won't ever partake in unhealthy behaviour.

there's a reason why people do this when they get older. you only say that now because you're still young.

wait till you see the full ugliness of old age. you'd wish you'd die early maybe 30 or 40 just like how RBC had suicide thoughts.
kidlat020Mar 10, 2021 10:34 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 11, 2021 7:17 PM
Nov 2018
Man based on the preview for next episode, maybe the body is gonna die? It’s pretty messed up where the death of the body would somewhat be a happy ending for these cells...
Mar 13, 2021 1:02 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty good episode of Evangelion.
Mar 13, 2021 2:27 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, I actually teared up during this episode. That depression was conveyed really well, as was the emotion at the end.

...Uh oh. I just realized I don't have the vanilla Cells at Work to follow this up with now that the season has ended, so I'm gonna have to find a different palate cleanser ASAP.
Mar 23, 2021 12:16 PM

Feb 2020
Poor precious cells. :(

Unfortunately, in real life there are lots of people living their unhealthy life like the dude in this show.

Wake up, people!

SerafosMay 18, 9:20 PM
Apr 20, 2021 11:09 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, this episode is depressing. Someone save them!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2015
True despair, you know you f'ed up in taking care of your body when even your own cells want to end it.

Feb 11, 2022 5:04 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
As someone who has had gout himself this was very painful to watch.

I'll try my best to live better
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 24, 2022 8:42 AM

Apr 2016
And just like that the Waifu Hug healed him... that's what the narrator should have said.

The White cell with bazookas and rifles took me by surprise, I'm so used to them with their sword and knives.
Jun 6, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2010
That was a hell of a lot of despair. I like the metaphor of pain being used as for the body attempting to encourage a person to take better care of themselves. There's a certain truth to this, such as physical pain itself functioning as a method of discouraging certain actions, such as attempting to touch an open flame. In the case of Code Black, it's the cells screaming at the human to eat better, abstain from drinking and smoking, exercise, and sleep more amongst other issues. But as the Brain Cell noted, he wasn't sure who the true villain of all this suffering was. It could be due to the human maintaining his unhealthy lifestyle for years, or it could be external forces, such as work, leading him to living so terribly. It begs the question of how much choice a person has in living healthy. What do you do if you just can't?
Jan 13, 2023 3:40 AM

Dec 2020
The gout was like a story driver. The main focus was on his buddies death still. Sadder than last ep for sure
Feb 7, 2023 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah this episode had a bit of a weird feel, as expected. Usually we go by the rules of a real body, but this time the interaction between cells were not quite how it actually works.
Mar 16, 2023 11:13 AM

Dec 2022
This anime does a good job of making you feel bad for cells — anthropomorphism is pure magic. At least there was a cooldown hug at the end.
I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode is just "the body" dying. Guy is a mess, and would need to quit everything at once to survive at this point.

Shaded Horizon

May 23, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2016
MC Cell dude attempting to off himself only to be denied that option hit way harder than I was prepared for. Not to mention that hug scene.

If your own body rebelling against you isn't a wake-up call, I don't know what is.
May 25, 2023 12:57 AM

Aug 2019
It just keeps getting worse and worse

Cells at work? More like cells overwork
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM
Oct 2020
Ngl, the cells words hurted me a lot. I have to have a better lifestyle…
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 18, 2021

160 by Beguni »»
May 27, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

178 by Seraschi »»
May 14, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 28, 2021

68 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 19, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.