Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 15, 2022 2:50 PM

Jan 2021
Yui...I did feel bad for her the whole season...even i wanted YukinonxHachiman too
Aug 2, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2013
This episode felt a bit weird after giving Hachiman and Yui so much screentime together, you really have to remember the last two seasons for this to make sense.
Aug 29, 2022 9:36 AM
Mar 2022
YES!!! I Love this show way too much!
Nov 3, 2022 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
definitely top 4 confession scenes in romance anime
Nov 13, 2022 1:29 PM

Nov 2018
I'm so happy that Hachiman didn't give up
Such gestures are critical to free our hearts from the burden of feelings and the chains of expectations, and ambitions. I remember how difficult it was at that age, but it is worth all the effort to defeat our fears, weaknesses, and embarrassment, regardless of the outcome. It is what protects us from future regrets.

The experience gets so horrifying that you feel you can't resist another hour, let alone a day. Every gesture and action seems so hard to make as if you'd carry a rock on your back. This is how heavy the heart can become. Thank God we can cry! Without crying, we'd probably suffocate.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Nov 30, 2022 7:11 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
I am mourning. I feel Yui stone in the chest.
Dec 1, 2022 3:35 PM
Jan 2019
It feels strange honestly. I like both Yui and Yukino, but I can't help but feel sadness for Yui when she cried.

I'm also surprised the confession had no effect on me, but having y'all explaining things made me tear up
Dec 29, 2022 4:30 PM

Oct 2016
"Please allow me the privilege of distorting your life."

- Hikigaya Hachiman
Mar 17, 2023 4:53 PM

Aug 2015
Damn, that was so beautiful.

So proud of my kids, they've come so far!

Poor Yui.

Also, I wish I would've had a Hiratsuka-sensei in my life back when i was 16.
Zinrei_16Mar 17, 2023 4:58 PM
Apr 4, 2023 9:15 PM

May 2018
Based confession 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 19, 2023 12:03 PM
May 2021
Satisfying episode, but the reason it’s satisfying is because finally something happened. Like my god did this anime drags on for an eternity with an edgelord war. Seems like I’m not of the popular opinion since I can’t find many negative comment about the build up to this moment.

Good episode, terrible terrible build up that made me feel not as satisfied as I should have to 8man finally dropping his fear and asking a girl he liked to be with him
Crank497Apr 19, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 21, 2023 3:35 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"Don't hold it in; let it all out."

Yui's mom may have been speaking to her, but it was almost as if she was speaking to me. I just gotta straight up admit that my eyes were welling up in that moment.

As for the bridge scene, yeah I believe it does remain as one of the best "confession" scenes of all time in how unconventional yet real it is, with feelings conveyed through words that didn't even include the typical "I love you". This actual scene was great, but in hindsight, does it feel like there was lack of build up? Does it feel rushed? A little, I would've liked a little more than what we got from Yukino's side that would've allow this scene to be even more impactful than it already is. I just think we needed a bit more from the perspective of Yukino herself, some of those monologues that were apparently cut from the light novels. I think Yui was more favoured in this anime, while that may not have been the case for the light novels. Almost every scene with her in this season hit like a truck, meanwhile this bridge scene honestly just has me thinking: "yeah that's nice." Like unless I'm tripping, we have gotten NO monologues from Yukino's perspective, yet a couple, or at least one (I think) from Yui. But of course I doubt the studio wants to change the light novel ending, so of course it still must be Yukino. And it's not like they give us false hope for Yui either. Those scenes were just there to make us feel even more sorry for her. But enough about Yui, there's only one episode left so the studio gotta wrap this up real quick. Yukino literally says "I ASKED YOU TO GRANT YUI'S WISH", but then Hachiman's like "BRO IDGAF!"

Most of the emotion from this bridge scene is not based off of romance, but rather that Hachiman has finally found and pursued what is genuine, and the same goes for Yukino as well, finally coming to terms with these feelings that they've been harbouring within them all this time, not knowing how to communicate it, fearing what would happen if they tried. But it's done, it was set in stone from the start, but now it has come to fruition. RIP Yui.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 22, 2023 3:32 PM

Feb 2022
WHAT HAVE I JUST WITNESSED WITH MY VERY OWN TWO EYES?
best confession in any romance anime, hikki's words were perfection.
i think if i would talk to actual girls and stuff, that's how i would confess my feelings.
i was ready to cry, but there was so much feelings, i just cried inside  :|
ofc now the question is: what about Yui? felt bad for her, but i'm satisfied with this route tbh.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Apr 22, 2023 4:52 PM

Jul 2019
BetaMaleUltra said:
"Don't hold it in; let it all out."

Yui's mom may have been speaking to her, but it was almost as if she was speaking to me. I just gotta straight up admit that my eyes were welling up in that moment.

As for the bridge scene, yeah I believe it does remain as one of the best "confession" scenes of all time in how unconventional yet real it is, with feelings conveyed through words that didn't even include the typical "I love you". This actual scene was great, but in hindsight, does it feel like there was lack of build up? Does it feel rushed? A little, I would've liked a little more than what we got from Yukino's side that would've allow this scene to be even more impactful than it already is. I just think we needed a bit more from the perspective of Yukino herself, some of those monologues that were apparently cut from the light novels. I think Yui was more favoured in this anime, while that may not have been the case for the light novels. Almost every scene with her in this season hit like a truck, meanwhile this bridge scene honestly just has me thinking: "yeah that's nice." Like unless I'm tripping, we have gotten NO monologues from Yukino's perspective, yet a couple, or at least one (I think) from Yui. But of course I doubt the studio wants to change the light novel ending, so of course it still must be Yukino. And it's not like they give us false hope for Yui either. Those scenes were just there to make us feel even more sorry for her. But enough about Yui, there's only one episode left so the studio gotta wrap this up real quick. Yukino literally says "I ASKED YOU TO GRANT YUI'S WISH", but then Hachiman's like "BRO IDGAF!"

Most of the emotion from this bridge scene is not based off of romance, but rather that Hachiman has finally found and pursued what is genuine, and the same goes for Yukino as well, finally coming to terms with these feelings that they've been harbouring within them all this time, not knowing how to communicate it, fearing what would happen if they tried. But it's done, it was set in stone from the start, but now it has come to fruition. RIP Yui.

Yeah, you're pretty much on point. There are cuts, obviously. For example, toward the end of the light novels, either in the second to last volume or literally the last volume, there's a confrontation sequence between Yukino and Yui that leads directly into the second half of this season. Those moments were crucial to the state of Yukino's mind and sadly, anime only will never see it. Since everybody already knows this: It's true. Lots of Yukino's perspectives or scenes involving Yukino were cut--and not just this season either.

Despite it all, I still believe the anime delivered the core ideas and themes through. So that's good.
LordSozinApr 22, 2023 5:00 PM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 27, 2023 5:42 PM
Jan 2023
The best episode so far...
May 15, 2023 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
HACHIMAN!!! Now that's what I'd call, manly.
Watching this on dub ain't bad at all. It is more profound. Finally get to see, again, this episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 25, 2023 5:59 AM

Oct 2021
No words, it was simply beautiful, the entire confession scene in the bridge. Yui never stand a chance against our honorary ICE queen.5/5
Jul 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Jul 2021
no fucking way. i actually understood an oregairu episode all by myself without getting confused. damn.

anyway that quite a long and complicated way to say i love you but not gonna lie i was smiling throughout that part. made me really happy but parallely i started thinking about yui and finally understood why she was crying so much after hearing hiki say he wants to stay involved with yuki.

the short haired girl once again loses, nothing surprising here. called it out in the first episode of this series. i mean it was just too obvious, still feels bad for yui though. yui and minori from toradora. feels bad. yui makes the second short haired girl i'm watching being turned down in the past 2 months.
TsutanaiFuunJul 5, 2023 1:01 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Apr 2018
TBH I was kinda disgusted by the Bridge Scene after what happened with Yui .. and I feel like i'm the only one. Don't get me wrong, i put 5/5 because it's a good episode. 

But Hachiman didn't handle it like a man for me. 

Feel so bad for Yui... Didn't deserved that shit. He should went straight up to her to make things clear... I know they are 17een and it's an anime but damn... that was so rough... 
He should have made things clear way before imo... because he kinda knew. You cut the grass when it's low. 

He was so selfish on this moove... 
Man at least do it correctly, break her heart correctly... 

I was expecting that kind of ending but in real life we know how it's end... They together and Yui is left alone and can't be friends in that situation... 

-100000 for Hachiman. 
+10, +10 for the Girls. 
satchoffJul 19, 2023 5:35 PM
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Dec 12, 2023 5:11 PM

Sep 2023
By far the best episode of the season, even though I was on the Yui ship (knowing it would never happen). The confession was great, without ever saying I love you, which made it really unique and perfect for those characters.

However, while this episode was really good, since it was clear from the start that in the end it would be 8man x Yukino, I could not really enjoy all the Yui centric episodes of this season. I think 8man could have handled it better even though Yukino repeatedly asked him to grant Yui’s wish, he kinda lead her on for too long. Surely he knew for a long time that he loved Yukino despite having a hard time conveying his feelings.
Dec 21, 2023 1:22 PM

Sep 2017
Meh idk how I feel about this series. For how much they prattle on about being genuine, Yui really got shafted by more roundabout bullshit. Like idk man can we just have a forthright conversation about how we feel about each other in this moment? I guess we'll see what they do with Yui's character and her relationships and in the final episode but I'm not expecting much.

And then we have the confession scene. It feels like there is some serious build up missing. Or maybe it's just how Yukino's character has sort of felt sidelined in this season in particular. I've read that many of her scenes and monologues have been cut and it's painfully obviously. So much of this season was about Yui and Hachiman moments. For what? So we can feel more pity for her? She doesn't deserve this happiness because of her character flaw about being selfish? Yeah okay, she's just the normal high school girl who loves a boy, but she doesn't have a "tragic" backstory like Yukino so she can get sidelined and go on to live a normal life.

But okay the actual content of the confession. Yeah I get it show, you can't put your feelings into a single word (or in this case 3 - i.e. I love you), but again it's like maaaaan, say all the shit you said but also just top it off by saying you love her. It is so much more satisfying in particular since it would be coming from this cynical asshole who spent 3 seasons beating around the bush and overanalyzing things.

Anyway, let's see how they cap it off with prom V2.
Apr 5, 11:16 PM
Mar 2023
yeah what the fuck
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.