Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow. Beautiful ending. Fuck yeah.
I assume only a few months passed since then. Glad to see Hyun back still conscious, regrouping with his friends as Jisu runs to embrace him upon his arrival to their new camp with military.

Interesting how he's an evolved monster or whatever but isn't mindless and still has his humanity intact unlike others.
... I wonder what will happen in the future with the monsters. ... I guess we'll never know unless the author explains it.

Loved this ending. Still a solid 7/10 overall, I think but a arguable close to or 8/10, definitely fulfilling ending.
Aug 31, 2020 9:12 PM
Feb 2020
I’m not crying, you are T.T

Yuyu-haku-broAug 31, 2020 9:16 PM
Aug 31, 2020 11:36 PM
Aug 2016
For me it ruined whole world building with monsters etc, shame it was such great story but this ending :(
Sep 22, 2020 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
Twist happy ending. Wasn't expecting that BGM to play. Glad Jisu can be happy at least. Pretty good overall.

Not sure if I liked this or Bastard more, but I'm gonna lean towards Sweet home at least for the characters.
EvildoerSep 22, 2020 7:54 PM
Sep 23, 2020 9:43 AM

Mar 2010
It is a dark series but still sucks to have most of the characters die in the last few chapters. Im glad wook is alive. He was boss the entire series.
Oct 6, 2020 5:15 PM

Jun 2020
Question is, when is Hyuk coming out of his egg?
ayo
Oct 11, 2020 12:58 AM

Nov 2018
I'm just glad it has an happy ending. I was really nervous if it'll have a sad ending. Turns out i'm wrong :D

And I wonder if it'll have another season cause there are many things left unanswered.
Oct 18, 2020 7:02 AM
Sep 2016
Aside from the sad/emotional ending. I feel like nothing was explained, world building was the thing that everybody anticipated, but meh... everything was happening in a single building
Oct 19, 2020 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
I hope crunchyroll will NEVER adapt it. 10/10

Nov 23, 2020 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
I can't believe it ended that way, they didn't explain the history of the monsters, I would have liked it, at least it was a happy ending, since it apparently retained his emotions.

I wonder if they will continue it

8/10 for me
Dec 1, 2020 2:39 AM
Feb 2020
No way, he should be dead. Whyyy??
Dec 19, 2020 9:44 PM
Nov 2018
Why when he came out of his egg, he got to keeps his emotions if in the chapter 139, they remembered us, those things have no emotions?
Dec 22, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2009
@Carlos029, because he's the main character.
- What's your name?
- Name? What's a... name?
- You know... it's what people say when they meet you.
- When they meet me? Ah, okay, why didn't you say so?
When people meet me, they all say the same thing: "HELP!"
Jan 16, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 2017
What happened to the other guy with the glasses??
Chapter 140 showed us two eggs on the roof top at the end where MC was inside one, what happened to the other one and seriously what happened the half monster guy, he was actually very good, did he actually die??
Jan 24, 2021 3:18 AM

Jan 2016
zahidul_ said:
Chapter 140 showed us two eggs on the roof top at the end where MC was inside one, what happened to the other one and seriously what happened the half monster guy, he was actually very good, did he actually die??

He's also probably an emotionless human, but it seems he didn't go with Hyun
Jan 28, 2021 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
zahidul_ said:

Maybe the half monsters who could control their monster side can keep their emotions after being reborn... But Hyuk probably don't have emotions and just don't care anymore about old humans that's why he didn't came.

Eeeeh, the other half monster was obliterate by the boss and died on the roof remember x)
Feb 15, 2021 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
Wait why is no moderator updating the chapter count?
Mar 15, 2021 1:20 AM
Sep 2017
It was a great ending but I think it would have been better if Hyun stayed dead/didn't come back to life.. this is just my opinion tho
Jul 3, 2021 2:23 PM
Apr 2020
NattodeCoco said:
It was a great ending but I think it would have been better if Hyun stayed dead/didn't come back to life.. this is just my opinion tho
considering the eggs i guess it was inevitable he would come back
Jul 13, 2021 9:03 PM

Dec 2019
Man what an amazing last few chapters i cried my eyes out lol. Amazing manga im super happy with this ending :)
Nov 2, 2021 7:28 AM
Jan 2021
Will just not talk about ending but the series in the whole was something unique best part the mutation of monster in humans which gave the idea that hyun will return and he did for me this series ending is superb great series and I am Crying* why don't know heart touching ending for me at least
Nov 20, 2021 7:04 PM

Apr 2021
Hyun's desire is to save his friends which I'm guessing while encased since they got far enough away, must have caused him to be in a cocoon
Dec 19, 2021 4:32 PM
Nov 2018
reading this last chapter with music, just perfect😭👏
but I agree that some things remain open,
but it was a good read, this Manhwa,👍
sorry for horrible english it's not my native language :(
sence_c4Dec 19, 2021 4:39 PM
Feb 5, 2022 6:07 AM

Oct 2012
Started quite interesting, but did not live up to the Bastard standards.

Would say it's pretty sad how shallow this work ended up. A lot of the concepts and logic went under the rug in favor of delivering a more 'thriller' experience and a shoddy happy ending...

While it was a pretty fun read, can't really deny it was pretty low quality story.
The outside world was pretty much just conveniently ignored, even though it's pretty much unlikely nothing would happen at all in proximity.
Some concepts were conveniently ignored in favor of creating dramatic scenes.
The monster system itself ended up pretty much a plot mechanism without any coherent explanation/reasoning to it. Pretty much any halfass explanation would be better than the 'souls, son' we got.. Hell, I would even be fine if it was some out of thumb crap like it all being dream/delirium and he is actually in mental asylum or something... at least that would make not giving anything logical explanation a justified choice.

Kinda struggling between 7 and 8, ended up giving 8 since it's the author of Bastard but that might have been too generous.

Hopefully in next webtoon author does not end up throwing out own story concepts in favor of captivation.
Mar 5, 2022 12:22 AM
Aug 2020
oblow20 said:
I can't believe it ended that way, they didn't explain the history of the monsters, I would have liked it, at least it was a happy ending, since it apparently retained his emotions.

8/10 for me
they still continue the series as a prequel which is Shotgun Boy
Mar 5, 2022 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
wisnuyoga78 said:
oblow20 said:

8/10 for me
they still continue the series as a prequel which is Shotgun Boy

really? I'll look it up to see if it's worth it.
Oct 31, 2022 12:49 PM
Aug 2016
it very good and nice
Nov 21, 2022 6:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a decent ending, though it feel like this way it could have been twice longer if they made an outside survival, but still good to end there
Apr 8, 2023 3:46 PM
Apr 2023
I really enjoyed reading this, definitely will read again.
Apr 27, 2023 2:24 PM
Apr 2023
a historia me prendeu, quem gostou dessa obra e obrigado a ler shotgun boy do mesmo universo
Dec 29, 2023 8:09 PM

May 2020
Well, that was a much happier ending than I was expecting. I wonder what exactly Hyun's return means. The guy he met in the basement indicated that getting out of the cocoon meant that they had "evolved" past simple human desires and are now at peace, so Hyun coming back is probably indicative that there are things that the soul needs or wants that are beyond even what this particular phenomenon can give. Or at least that's what I took from it.

Overall, this was a pretty interesting take on the "survive in an infectious monster infested post-apocalyptic world" genre, even if I felt like the whole monsterization process feels like a "does whatever the author wants in a particular scenario" button. I liked the characters in this a lot, especially Hyun. It would've been very easy to make his trauma overwhelm him and make him a weak and blubbery mess but the author chose to develop him and make him stronger as the series goes, which was great to watch. Also liked the rest of cast (Wook is the MVP).
Mar 12, 2:18 PM

Jan 2020
Wasn't expecting a happy ending like that, thought Hyun would remain emotionless. Decent ending though, nothing to complain about.
I like how majority (if not all) of the chapters took place in the green home apartment. it gives a sense of familiarity and really made me bond with the setting (i dont fuck buildings, i dont mean it in that way).

Likable characters, obviously some were more developed than others, but since the entirety of the manhwa took place in one single setting, it was easier to get attached to the characters. more isolated setting and all.

The monsterization process being "you get overtaken by desires" was weird, but goes well for easy and convienent thematic writing. Not sure what else to say...I guess the monsters actually looked disturbing, and weren't just zombies. The half-head monster with no eyes and that "im pretty" monster are highlights imo.

Good read, very addicting. Short too. The artist always cooks with his delicious paneling/coloring so not much to say there.

bastard is still bette-
man.

More topics from this board

» Should I have to read Shotgun boy before this?

Shaghaf - Oct 28, 2022

5 by Alexioos95 »»
May 10, 10:52 PM

» Live Action Season 02: Worth a Shot?

Allen_014 - Dec 7, 2023

3 by asdfkata »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:11 AM

» Netflix Adaption

removed-user - May 21, 2020

37 by p4ssionyoung »»
Aug 4, 2022 12:43 PM

» Thoughts on the new adaptation

zkl - Dec 18, 2020

11 by Raging_Berserker »»
Jul 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 19 Discussion

MysticGekkougaZ - Dec 26, 2021

0 by MysticGekkougaZ »»
Dec 26, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.