Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 1, 2020 4:51 PM
Jul 2020
I don't hate attack on titan..it's an ok show I guess. I just think it's overrated as hell.
Aug 1, 2020 5:18 PM
Aug 2019
Maybe Golden Time (Although, from the ratings it doesn't really seem to be extremely well-loved). I absolutely hated it at the time for reasons that I can't entirely remember sense it was so long ago. But, I do remember feeling really committed to watching it through before I finally dropped it.

There are lots of others that I think are overrated, but it's really hard to find stuff that are well-loved but also make me hate it. Most of the time I'd end up dropping it before it got to that point.

Maybe the reason why people end up hating the popular stuff is because they're so committed to watch it through having heard good things and feel betrayed once they find that it isn't for them. And also because, to be honest, you're more likely to find critical flaws in something that's been hyped up. It's the double whammy in that kind of situation where someone who would normally not care for a show and drop it early comes to hate it instead after watching a decent amount. Either that ... or the show just offended you somehow.

Aug 1, 2020 5:24 PM

Oct 2018
I don't understand why people love Re:Zero so much, it's just a average anime for me.
Aug 1, 2020 5:25 PM
Jun 2020
idealistic-clown said:
8.41 score - Bunny Girl Senpai.
I only liked episodes with Mai, but the rest was really boring and melodramatic. I couldn't care less about any of the characters. Futaba's explanations of strange occurrences were making me die on the inside.
someone who doesn’t “like” BGS a lot? Same here
Aug 1, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2018
Hrybami said:
I would have said HxH, but it already have a decent amount of haters. Instead I would say 3-gatsu no Lion. I don't understand why everyone see it as a masterpiece. To me it was an awful show. The artstyle is terrible, it is overly melodramatic, the characters start crying over anything, the comedy is awful, the director sucks at directing this anime, it takes half a season for the MC to do anything. The show has its moment, but most of the time the episodes are so empty and boring. The awkward animation from Shaft doesn't help either. It should have been animated by a true studio such as J.C.Staff. Honey and Clover was so much better than this awful 3gatsu no Lion.

Was waiting for you to show up. So you finally did
Aug 1, 2020 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
Sword Art Online. I'll never understand the unconditional love and praise the anime community seems to dispense towards this anime. It's at best a 9/10 anime, if I'm feeling generous.
Aug 1, 2020 5:32 PM
Jul 2020
CritiasBG said:
Ive dropped Jojo at ep9. I just dont see why people love it so much

Yeah, Phantom Blood isn't exactly the easiest watch. But it gets better in part 2.
Aug 1, 2020 5:35 PM
Jun 2020
Claude_Debussy said:
CritiasBG said:
Ive dropped Jojo at ep9. I just dont see why people love it so much

Yeah, Phantom Blood isn't exactly the easiest watch. But it gets better in part 2.
part 1 and 2, not that bad if you like JJBA, part 3 is fine, part 4 is legit, part 5 I find stale, Then for manga I like 7,8,6 in order.
Aug 1, 2020 5:37 PM

May 2020
damn. reading some of these, people don't like hxh??? bruh. anyways, probably attack on titan. it's so boring for the first season i'm considering dropping it.
all of my waifus are dead
Aug 1, 2020 5:40 PM
Jun 2020
vindini said:
damn. reading some of these, people don't like hxh??? bruh. anyways, probably attack on titan. it's so boring for the first season i'm considering dropping it.
yes, I know it’s hard to believe it, and I’m one of those people, haven’t even seen it, and I refuse to watch it.
Aug 1, 2020 5:41 PM
Jul 2020
vindini said:

Finally, I've found someone else who is disillusioned by the Aot anime. I've been waiting so long for this day to come.
Aug 1, 2020 5:42 PM
May 2020
No Game No Life, I can't stand the main characters they're terrible people and I can't enjoy it when those pricks never learn anything. The color pallet bitterly hurts my eyes.

Shows that irritate me because I like everything but the plot
Code Gease - but I respect it
Blue Exorcist- just watch d gray man
Aug 1, 2020 5:47 PM

May 2020
TyroneMagnus said:
vindini said:
yes, I know it’s hard to believe it, and I’m one of those people, haven’t even seen it, and I refuse to watch it.
y doe ;( if it's the fact it looks childish, it kind of is until the chimera ant arc. (pretty sure 80-104 eps).
all of my waifus are dead
Aug 1, 2020 5:51 PM

Mar 2019
Yuru camp. That anime is so boring, that girls don't talk about anything interesting/funny and they don't do anything interesting/funny. Idk how this anime has that high score...
Is the most boring anime that i have ever seen.
Aug 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Jun 2015
Krav40 said:
haydenluvsanime said:
Oregairu and Bunny Girl Senpai made my skin crawl

I watched one episode of Bunny Girl Senpai and I thought that it was one of the worst first episodes in any anime I've ever watched. It was like Monogatari minus everything interesting about it. It also somehow was able to have all of the uninteresting light novel tropes like f.ex lame edgelord protag, pompous love interest, etc.

bunny girl senpai more like bunny gay senpai ohoho

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Aug 1, 2020 6:17 PM

Sep 2014
Buttershooter said:
Hrybami said:
I would have said HxH, but it already have a decent amount of haters. Instead I would say 3-gatsu no Lion. I don't understand why everyone see it as a masterpiece. To me it was an awful show. The artstyle is terrible, it is overly melodramatic, the characters start crying over anything, the comedy is awful, the director sucks at directing this anime, it takes half a season for the MC to do anything. The show has its moment, but most of the time the episodes are so empty and boring. The awkward animation from Shaft doesn't help either. It should have been animated by a true studio such as J.C.Staff. Honey and Clover was so much better than this awful 3gatsu no Lion.

Was waiting for you to show up. So you finally did

I guess you didn't get the answer you expected lol.
Aug 1, 2020 7:01 PM
Aug 2019
Satyr_icon said:
Sword Art Online. I'll never understand the unconditional love and praise the anime community seems to dispense towards this anime. It's at best a 9/10 anime, if I'm feeling generous.

Huh? Ohhhh ... I gotcha lol. For a second I thought you were serious saying something you didn't like that much is a 9/10.
Aug 1, 2020 7:27 PM
Aug 2018
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii

Aug 1, 2020 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
AnoHana is overhyped as tear-inducing. The love-triangle is too focal to the story. Then nearing the finale, we get Popo dropping the bombshell,
. Like damn, this anime should've been about him.
Aug 2, 2020 4:14 AM

Sep 2017
The only anime I remember feeling seething hate while watching (at least, that I can remember) was Owari no Seraph. The first season. The dub, specifically. The dub mention is important because when I saw the second season, it ended up an average alright watch, and the main difference was that I watched the sub for those episodes.
Everyone just spoke SO SLOWLY. It's the only anime I've ever put on 2x speed and felt furious trying to keep watching, but I had a rule to never drop a show so stuck through it. The adrenaline I got. XD I'll never put myself through that again.
The other issue that made the slowness worse but was also in the second season was how all the fight scenes were monologue and bickering and talking rather than fighting. And the main characters would get stabbed in the chest and carry on with their day all the time.
I went further to read the manga to see how it continues (weird, I know) and the plot makes no sense and gets more ridiculous every chapter. Like the author is trying to make it as complicated as possible by coming up with ideas on the fly.
I don't know, I just hate the plot, and a lot of the characters. The art is good, though, and it has those rare moments. Like Shinoa in the first few episodes, or Mika tearing through an army of faceless soldiers (that looked awesome). They're WAY too rare though for me to not be passive-aggressively watching/reading *grinds teeth*.

I rambled, but this is kind of funny so I'll post anyway. XD It wasn't that bad after switching to sub, but it's not high quality to me either. :P

Otherwise Mob Psycho 100. I watched it twice and found it nothing special and boring. Keep wondering why everyone loves it so much.
JessysAnimeAug 2, 2020 4:24 AM
Aug 2, 2020 6:27 AM

May 2009
Thread Locked

There's already a thread for overrated/underrated anime here. Please don't make new threads for factual topics and use the already existing ones.

E.g. of factual topics: What is your favorite xxx? What is the best/worst xxx? What was your first xxx?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 20 minutes ago

2 by Ishitateso »»
4 minutes ago

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl

SgtBateMan - 7 hours ago

27 by TsutanaiFuun »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - 12 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
18 minutes ago

» Favorite English Dub VA and Their Best Performance

Jackof-allspades - Jun 14

21 by LoveLikeBlood »»
20 minutes ago

» A very personal question

passtur - Yesterday

30 by LoveLikeBlood »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.