Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 31, 2020 10:15 PM
Apr 2020
allBrawNnoBrains said:
Darling in the Franxx. Horrible writing.
absolutely agree, what the fuck kinda ending was that
Jul 31, 2020 11:04 PM

Jul 2019
Boku no Hero, but I think it's equally loved and hated
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Jul 31, 2020 11:26 PM
Nov 2019
Xickonaut said:
Erwin_Danchou said:

haha thats good for u sir check the imdb of attack on titan episode "hero" it is the second highest rated episode

Okay, that’s not gonna change my mind though lol. I’m not saying it’s a bad anime I’m just saying it’s not for me.

Understandable have a nice day
Maybe you'll like it more of you watch it as a mystery anime rather than a normal edgy anime, the mystery aspect is deep and after reading the manga and received a lot of major spoilers I can say that the hate it received won't age well
Aug 1, 2020 12:14 AM

Aug 2012
Listen, I have been out the anime game for a while. Still, I wouldn't say I 'hate' shows, just find them mediocre and uninteresting. EXCEPT the piece of garbage that made me so sick of the direction anime was taking that I just had to stop watching, and that would be Re:zero. I don't know why, but I just had a visceral reaction to that show and to this day I will get offended if someone says they like it.
Aug 1, 2020 12:21 AM

Jan 2020
Tower of god,akame ga kill,hyouka those were just awful imo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2020 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
'Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai', or more commonly known as 'I want to eat your pancreas'.

It is a story that has no personality, no wit, no character and then expects you to cry at the end of it. If you are going to make a story based around the relationship between two characters of opposite genders at least make the characters have a personality at least.

The female lead isn't that bad of character if I am honest, but her unrealistic non-love obsession of the male MC is cringe-worthy and badly written. The male MC however is overall just a horribly written character, it is as if someone wanted a Hachiman-like character but forgot to add a backstory, any personality and anything that a character would remotely do.

He is a literal blank canvas for the male viewers to insert themselves into, which isn't a bad thing in theory, but when it is done so blatantly that they remove any semblance of personality from said character, it makes the story overall a self-insert narrative rather than an emotional journey of which it marketed itself as. Yet, I believe this self-insert aspect of the story is why it is so well-received, resulting in male viewers filling in the main characters so called blank canvas, making him seem like a better character in the process.
removed-userAug 1, 2020 2:06 AM
Aug 1, 2020 3:00 AM

Jun 2015
Oregairu and Bunny Girl Senpai made my skin crawl

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Aug 1, 2020 3:56 AM
Jul 2020
Kimi no nawa is an 8 for me. I dont hate it, but damn people make it seem like it's the pinnacle for ALL anime. Like nahhh. And I prefer a Silent Voice wayyy more. So I just dont get how kimi no nawa is this perfection
Aug 1, 2020 5:42 AM

Apr 2016
FLCL. I honestly don't get why people love it so much.

Aug 1, 2020 5:48 AM
Oct 2018
Shinsekai yori and Madoka Magica. I don't remember either of those two very well but I remember Madoka Magica having really obnoxious little girls and Shinsekai yori with some of the most boring and bland characters ever.

Shinsekai yori in particular felt like a total trainwreck. It started off with such a unique atmosphere but somewhere in the middle they completely ruined it. I might rewatch it, though.
--
Aug 1, 2020 5:56 AM

Sep 2016
Konosuba. The characters are so damn annoying and honestly kinda useless that it was excruciating to watch. I'd say the story/plot is kinda slow and uninteresting but I only watched the first four episodes and then gave up so I can't really say much lol
Aug 1, 2020 5:58 AM
Jul 2017
Samurai Champloo wasn't that interesting to me other than the ost and a few sequences.
Aug 1, 2020 6:06 AM

Nov 2015
Arin-san said:
Devilman Crybaby. What is up with this much blind support? I mean the anime wasn't even that good

how is it blind support if you watched the show and enjoyed it
and i guess

that i just don't know
Aug 1, 2020 6:35 AM

Oct 2019
Nisekoi, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Clannad, and Hyouka. They all made me want to gouge my eyes out with a fork.
Aug 1, 2020 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
To my defense: That was long train ride and i actually had a lot of spare time.
Theo1899 said:
I still don't get the appeal of durararararara
Durarara compares big city life with supernatural mystery in an imo pretty cool way.
Arin-san said:
Devilman Crybaby. What is up with this much blind support? I mean the anime wasn't even that good
Many people like these nihilistic postmodern type of shows, since they've conumed too much unnecessarily positve media. But yea, tastes.
NamikazeHime said:
Madoka - spill the blood on some lolies and call it a masterpiece.
Madoka is about the emotional difficulties to face while growing up.
AnnualStorm said:
I wish someone can explain to me why they liked Angel Beats!. The plot and characters were both a mess. The comedy and the sad backstories were also extremely average.
Angel Beats is about the regrets of not living one's life to the fullest. Thats why imo at least the backstory of the mc is pretty good. Because he actually tries to do so.
rApheAd said:
I don't know why everyone loves "MOB PSYCHO 100";according to me its a piece of shit
Mob Psycho goes against this imo overused and kinda pointless egocentrical fighting in many shounen.
Animezing101 said:
I didn't get the Appeal of the monogatari series!
Ari4 said:
I dont understand the monogatari animes at all like i litterly dont know what goes on sometimes and its pretty boring
Monogatari an extremely subjetively presented show. It doesn't show you whats actually happening, but rather how the mc interprets it. That's at least how i took the show.
whiteyaksha27 said:
FLCL. I honestly don't get why people love it so much.
I really liked FLCL because it portays the craziness of growing up.
dertassoAug 1, 2020 7:09 AM
Aug 1, 2020 8:40 AM

Oct 2018
I thought that Your Name was an absolute dumpster fire of a movie.
Aug 1, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2018
haydenluvsanime said:
Oregairu and Bunny Girl Senpai made my skin crawl

I watched one episode of Bunny Girl Senpai and I thought that it was one of the worst first episodes in any anime I've ever watched. It was like Monogatari minus everything interesting about it. It also somehow was able to have all of the uninteresting light novel tropes like f.ex lame edgelord protag, pompous love interest, etc.
Aug 1, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2018
For me it's
1)Your name -I just didn't get anything,past, present what was even going on
2)orange- worst it's trash anime with trash mc
Aug 1, 2020 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
grotesia said:

sorry but is your hentai account ironic?

Nope, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I like to keep it separate to not clutter my main account.

grotesia said:

right i'm quite special. have fun watching mainstream shows

Also just because a show is old doesn't mean it's not mainstream. Berserk and Evangelion are both extremely mainstream and you rated them very highly. So is LotGH, to an extent. Not to mention Angel's Egg or Gundam.
GrandEgotistAug 1, 2020 9:21 AM
Dropping your favorite show
Aug 1, 2020 9:23 AM
Apr 2020
Hi everybody.

Well, i cannot stand Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-a-Girlfrient).

The MC is such a loser ... How can he get attention from such cute girls ?

P.S: I guess i'm a little jealous, tho. :-)
Aug 1, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
grotesia said:

but it's the old tv shows that have less than 1k

Numbers on this website don't mean jack shit. MFKZ was on less than 500 lists for like a month after it was released and the theater was packed when I went to see it. It still has less than 10k, and is a fairly high budget movie from a pretty well-known studio.
Aug 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2015
grotesia said:

lol sure numbers dont matter and irl voltes is probably as popular as flcl

I have unironically met more people in real life who only watch obscure 70s mecha shows than people who have seen FLCL apart from me showing it to them. It's not outside the realm of possibility. Also remind me why obscurity matters for a show's quality. In most cases where I watch a show no one has heard of or cares about, it's because it sucks dick.
Aug 1, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2019
Akira, simply but it's just a massive dogshit
Aug 1, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
grotesia said:
omg yes these obscure 70s anime fans they are everywhere. so annoying ;(

Nah you're the only annoying one. The other guys are pretty chill. Mostly because they're all like 40 years old and aren't 17 year old e-hipsters.
Aug 1, 2020 9:44 AM
α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…β˜…Κ€α΄‡α΄€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€

Dec 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:
This kind of threads have already been created multiple times. It's probably the third or fourth time I've seen these threads appearing on Anime Discussion over the last couple of months.

People make repeat threads on the Anime Discussion forum all the time, best not to keep worrying about it or you might get some mod coming over and removing your "self-modding" like they did for one of my posts once. Just avoid repeat threads if they are really bothering you that much *shrug*

AnnualStorm said:
I wish someone can explain to me why they liked Angel Beats!. The plot and characters were both a mess. The comedy and the sad backstories were also extremely average.

It's probably just me then, but... I loved the comedy and I did like a good amount of the large cast of characters (even if I couldn't remember a few of the side SSS members' names). I also liked seeing this large cast just dicking around in the afterlife and eventually having fun and learning to move on.
Angel Beats definitely has its flaws though (hence why my rating for it is just 9/10 and not 10/10) and it's sad that P.A. Works couldn't give this show the 24-episode length that was originally planned for it.
Aug 1, 2020 9:46 AM

Jul 2019
dertasso said:

NamikazeHime said:
Madoka - spill the blood on some lolies and call it a masterpiece.
Madoka is about the emotional difficulties to face while growing up.

Just like any other anime out there. I don't really see how that changes anything.
Aug 1, 2020 9:46 AM

Sep 2019
I know that some people here might gut me for this one, but i just thought that the characters in "Your Lie in April" were a huge pain. Don't get me wrong tho, i absolutely loved the story, music, and artwork. Personally the characters were so damn boring to watch. Kaori was the one that annoyed me the most to be honest.
Aug 1, 2020 9:50 AM

Dec 2015
grotesia said:

i'm just waiting for you to stop replying you know that right

No, but I'm having so much fun arguing! Why stop now?
Aug 1, 2020 9:51 AM
Jul 2020
Black clover- I watched it ongoing for around a year but I just couldn't handle how boring it is.
Aug 1, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
Your Lie in April- Too boring for my taste
Code Geass S2- Lost the charm of the first season
Aho Girl- Immature jokes that are not funny
ACCA 13- Again too boring for my taste
Keijo- As my review on my profile saids: DXD is better
Akame ga Kill- Manga so much better
Aug 1, 2020 11:16 AM

Jan 2016
NamikazeHime said:
Just like any other anime out there. I don't really see how that changes anything.

Madoka is mainly about the two emotions hope and despair, how they influence people, and how to deal with them. Other shows may touch these themes as well, but in Madoka it's the central theme. It gives you the feeling that you, the edgelord (me in this case), are finally understood. Kinda like all those Linkin Park nibbas 20 years ago.
Aug 1, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2019
dertasso said:
NamikazeHime said:

Madoka is mainly about the two emotions hope and despair, how they influence people, and how to deal with them. Other shows may touch these themes as well, but in Madoka it's the central theme. It gives you the feeling that you, the edgelord (me in this case), are finally understood. Kinda like all those Linkin Park nibbas 20 years ago.

It only gave me a feeling of dissapointed because it was praised af.
Aug 1, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
some of the very unpopular opinions i have are on these:
ghost in the shell
nichijou
dragon ball z
madoka
parasyte
Aug 1, 2020 11:27 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Kimi no Na wa - the plot holes made this anime impossible to enjoy, but I liked the art style and music

One Punch Man - the jokes are stretched and for me it failed as a satire
Aug 1, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 2020
Re zero. theres not 1 single thing i liked about it. Yet its everyone else's favorite show.
Aug 1, 2020 12:40 PM

Oct 2019
Sao, Fairytail, Mha, Demon Slayer, Naruto, there are just so many. Most popular anime anyways, not because I hate popular anime but mostly because they overhyped as shit. Love AOT tho, has good consistent writing compared to most popular anime. Its the only mainstream anime that comes to mind that deserves the hype.
Aria is the greatest manga of all time
Aug 1, 2020 12:46 PM
Jun 2020
Oregairu is the worst abomination of a show I have ever seen, I don't know how the manga is the top 20 and S3 is the top 100, probably has the most boring episodes and characters that were great in the beggining, the got worse over on.
Aug 1, 2020 12:51 PM
Feb 2020
anything-gatari

girl: I am talking in a deadpan voice
MC: U-UHGH..!! YOU ARE!!!..!!
girl: want to go grab a hamburguraru?? (TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: hamburguraru is Japanese for hamburger)
MC: S-SURE..!!
girl: just kidding.
MC: ECH.... YOUR RAZOR SHARP WIT FOILED ME AGAIN!!!
girl: that's ok. it rains in July. (TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: the character for "rain" and the character for "July" put together resembles the character for "hamburguraru" (translator's note: Japanese for hamburger) which is a clever callback to earlier in the conversation. So that's why this line is funny)
*5 minute still shot of wallpaper design*
MC: U-UUGHGH...!!!

holy fucking garbage
Aug 1, 2020 2:26 PM
Jul 2020
Don’t hate but find overrated (might make some people mad):
Hxh
Fmab
Clannad
3-gatsu no lion
Akame ga kill
Dororo

Aug 1, 2020 2:37 PM
Mar 2017
Recently, Beastars. I just couldn't watch it, so plain and boring, nothing interesting and cgi doesn't really looked that great. Dropped after 4 eps, just couldn't continue this.
Aug 1, 2020 2:47 PM
Apr 2017
FLCL didn't reached my heart the way it did to many. Maybe it's just to extra to me.
Aug 1, 2020 2:48 PM
Jan 2017
Your name and Attack on titan.
I don't really hate these, just find both of them to be boring.
Aug 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Aug 2015
Kill la Kill - dropped ep 4
Panty and Stocking - don't like this vulgar comedy
Gate - pro-colonialism
Aug 1, 2020 3:14 PM

Sep 2017
Ive dropped Jojo at ep9. I just dont see why people love it so much
Aug 1, 2020 3:27 PM
May 2017
Hated FMA:B, tbh. Dont like shouty mc's. Annoying voices Will 100% make me drop a show. Thats why i prefer reading most of the Time. Also story wasnt THAT interesting.
Aug 1, 2020 3:29 PM
Jun 2020
HxH Reason: I don’t like Gon and killua, pretty simple
AoT Reason: actually enjoy it, really overhyped though
FMAB Reason: couldn’t grab my attention
Pretty much the list
Aug 1, 2020 3:39 PM

Jun 2020
CritiasBG said:
Ive dropped Jojo at ep9. I just dont see why people love it so much

Yeah it gets better exactly at the 10th episode when part 2 starts but I feel ya. If I wasn't a completionist, I'd have dropped it after the 3rd episode. Rest assured, ep 10-26 are good.
And it keeps getting better every season after that, the first 9 episodes are globally considered weak.
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 1, 2020 4:00 PM
Jun 2020
MY HERO ACADEMIA AND ONE PIECE.

THEY KINDA ANNOY ME ...
Aug 1, 2020 4:02 PM
Jun 2020
TheEosdKid said:
Oregairu is the worst abomination of a show I have ever seen, I don't know how the manga is the top 20 and S3 is the top 100, probably has the most boring episodes and characters that were great in the beggining, the got worse over on.

damn. I'm not also a fan of oreigairu, im glad there are others who feel the same
Aug 1, 2020 4:05 PM
Feb 2017
Nanatsu no Tanzai and Blue Exorcist would be my picks, both are have pretty boring characters and I just annoyed me a lot
~~ If you run into a wall and pretend it doesn’t exist, you’ll never make progress. The wall will never change, so you’re the one who has to change ~~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Would You Watch a Gender Swapped Version of K-On, Queen Blade, Love Live, and Pretty Cure.

RedTea33 - 2 hours ago

7 by Daviljoe193 »»
3 minutes ago

» Happy Yuri Day

henmwats - 11 hours ago

29 by 8oomer »»
18 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

136 by Timeline_man »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever felt disappointed by a series thinking it was tagged incorrectly?

rohan121 - Apr 7

35 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» If you could do one major change in an Anime, what would it be?

MoshiMochi43 - Jun 23

39 by BadGuyBoog »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.