Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 11, 2021 4:46 AM

Jul 2015
Hearing the truth on Rin protecting Haru totally changed my perspective on her being a troublemaker. Curious to find out on the scar on Rin's back (probably due to scum Akito).

Oct 19, 2021 10:23 AM

Nov 2018
I liked what Shigure said. I agree with him too. IMO, struggling during one's youth is not only inevitable, but it's a critical step to build one's life according to one's own principles.

I have been wondering for quite some episodes about the affection between the rat and the ox. According to the zodiac legend, the ox should be hostile toward the rat because the rat tricked him, went on its back, and was the first to arrive to their god. However, I suppose this is only one angle of the situation. The ox carried the rat. Perhaps the ox cared for the rat. And maybe the rat felt most comfortable in the ox's company. Whenever I see Yuki and Haru, I cannot help thinking about this aspect.

As for Rin, thinking about other Souma couples' fate, I'm tempted to believe that she wishes to prevent Akito from learning about her and Haru being in love.

"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 9, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2007
fruits basket is capable of making great story only by shifting the character with each other lol.

yuki starting finally to man up.
while kyo starting laying more ground with tohru lol.

the whole scene of tohru and her grandfather made me think what will happen if his grandpa going to die lol, there was couple of hints to that. will she sent back to her awful family?

nice OP and ED, season 2 is much better at those than season 1.
Feb 27, 2022 7:48 PM

Nov 2015
DID TOHRU'S MOM TRY TO OFF HERSELF? WHAT??? SHE ALWAYS LOOKED SO STRONG!! Tohru looked really young too!! D':

P.S. I love the new ending!!
Apr 20, 2022 7:29 AM

Nov 2020
Evil Takaya Natsuki be like : My characters aren't sex offenders

Jun 8, 2022 2:30 PM

Dec 2019
this episode solidified haru as my fav character, my boi i love him so much <3
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
Sep 17, 2022 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
The new OP & ED are nice but I liked the other ones a little bit more. Rin seems like an interesting character.

Ah, looks like Kyoko contemplated suicide before. Poor Tohru. :( Seems like she's tried to bottle most of her negative memories and it's close to exploding.

gaussian_ said:
I personally really love Yuki as a character. Yes, everyone is suffering in Furuba, but I personally feel that Yuki pulled the short end of the stick even as far as suffering goes. Being locked in a dark room and constantly told you are worthless by your god would be a terrible experience. He does tend to get caught up in introspection, but that's understandable considering that introspection was all he had for however long he was locked in that room. He's suffered that much, but he still tries to help others, else he wouldn't have talked to Rin this episode. He is still is trying to improve, hence his being a part of the student council. He knows he has problems and he's trying to deal with them, which I think is an attitude worthy of respect. It's always hard to climb out of the darkness, and even harder when the darkness has taken root inside you.

Agreed. While all of the zodiac members are suffering and have been victims of Akito's wrath, Yuki is a little bit more fragile mentally than the others. What one person can endure might break another.
Feb 19, 2023 6:52 AM
Apr 2020
my favorite ep so far but i think it'll change very soon bc season 2 has just been so good??? like hello????
Mar 25, 2023 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
The second half of the episode hits so much harder after seeing the movie. Everything involving Kyoko has me tearing up these days. I just keep finding new reasons to fall for Furuba.
May 26, 9:54 AM

Apr 2017
Rin and Tohru are similar at their core, but with different personalities. Both show the toxicity of bottling things up.

Tohru bottles things up and hides it because a happy facade. Tohru is a ball of sunshine to mask her true pain. Rin is just quiet and avoidant, and then lashes out when you confront her feelings.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.