Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2010 9:40 AM

Sep 2010
Hosaka = pure WIN :D

He was the best thing in this season~
Sep 30, 2010 7:24 PM

Aug 2010
Lack of Touma's brothers and Hosaka made this season very disappointing :( 6/10
Dec 5, 2010 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
I'll give this 8/10. It's a bit less entertaining than the first season however it's still very good.

I loooove Chiaki!!!
Jan 7, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
The ending was really cute and first time I cried in that series. It was a little different starting off from the first season (which I thought was really good), the animation made it seem a little blander and I didn't laugh as much but overall it was pretty good.
Apr 1, 2011 4:48 AM

Feb 2011
even me wouldn't want haruka go abroad too
and it was a heartwarming ending :)
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 AM

Sep 2010
Really nice episode. Hosaka at the end haha.

I dunno why, but I find the ED really entertaining.

I still prefer the 1st season.
Apr 4, 2011 4:14 AM

Mar 2009
Lol Hosaka really went to another country!
Apr 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Feb 2010
Was just as awesome as the first season. Less comedy but more slice of life, I'm okay with this. 8/10
Kana laying in Chiaki's bed with her was a brilliant scene.

When Chiaki & Kana started to cry..
May 23, 2012 2:14 PM

Dec 2011
Chiaki... crying... Why ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2012
kana is such an asshole on this season, i love it. not as funny as s1 but it had a touching ending. op song sound like a theme song of a romantic drama anime, doesn't fit the comedic theme of minami-ke.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 6, 2013 12:39 PM
Oct 2010
Rhypo-oniichan said:
Was just as awesome as the first season. Less comedy but more slice of life, I'm okay with this. 8/10
Kana laying in Chiaki's bed with her was a brilliant scene.

When Chiaki & Kana started to cry..

I also liked that scene where Kana was a nice elder sister (for once :) ).

I agree with the most that this season was subpar compared to the first one, I hope the third has some of the first one's mood and atmosphere. Judged by itself I would say this one was ok+ , the characters made up for the missing mood partially.
Jan 19, 2013 7:24 AM

Jan 2011
I really enjoyed this season, although this was was more slice of life and was less comedic than the first season. I liked the first season better overall, but this wasn't bad by any means.
8/10, I wonder if season 3 will be as good as the first one.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 12, 2013 6:27 AM

May 2012
So far for the second season, imo wasn't as good as the first one lacked the amount of random humor and just the fun! I do hope to see something better in the next season or so! Either way for this season 6/10!
May 5, 2013 1:33 AM

Dec 2011
MasterMeNL said:
I really enjoyed this season, although this was was more slice of life and was less comedic than the first season. I liked the first season better overall, but this wasn't bad by any means.
8/10, I wonder if season 3 will be as good as the first one.

Pretty much this, the ending was so heartwarming.
Jun 14, 2013 11:19 PM

Feb 2013
That made me super happy. Couple of happy tears at the end.

Wonderful!! I think I liked the first season more, but only because I don't think I was ready for the change in the company (I think if I would have known they did that before, I would have appreciated the first few episodes more).

Still thought it was great though, 8 or 9/10
Jan 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Every comment is the same lol. Why are people so un-unique? xD

I guess to the ones that keep on comparing it to Season 1 and can't accept change probably couldn't accept the anime getting a 3rd, 4th season xD

What did I rate S2? Ohh, the same as S2. A WHOPPING 10/10! It's the chill, laid back enjoyment. This anime is splendid. People won't agree with me, but I won't agree with them, or just feel sad for them cause they can't see what I see. So it doesn't matter if I give it a 10/10 in the first place for anybody else :P
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
May 13, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Thi123 said:
Every comment is the same lol. Why are people so un-unique? xD

I guess to the ones that keep on comparing it to Season 1 and can't accept change probably couldn't accept the anime getting a 3rd, 4th season xD:P

Congratulations on being the hipster. Minami-ke was one of the first anime that I watched as a teenager and back then I honestly didn't think much about the different art styles or different story telling style. Now having watched tons more anime since, I can appreciate what they were trying to do while also be more critical than before on my 2nd viewing.

Certainly the strength of Minami-ke (in my opinion) was never the comedy. The first season was funny but never a LOL-inducing series for me. What makes this series charming is the chemistry between the characters, it was really apparent in the first season and it developed even more in the 2nd season. That being said, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have any flaws.

As many have mentioned, Fuyuki is an absolutely worthless character that didn't contribute to the series. He barely made any impact to the sisters and even Chiaki didn't seem too bothered by him. Indeed the best episodes in S2 were the ones where the original characters interacted and Fuyuki nowhere to be seen (except for the flower viewing episode). I wasn't bothered much by the slow pacing but Minami-ke, being a 4-koma manga originally, lacked the necessary plot to drag one topic throughout an entire episode. I believe this is what hurts S2 the most and prevented it from being as good as the 1st season. Overall as a slice-of-life series, this particular season is good but nowhere as spectacular as S1 or the subsequent seasons.
May 15, 2014 6:40 AM

Mar 2014
DeathfireD said:
...I have one question, what did the letter that Chiaki got in the mail say? I'm guessing it's from the glasses kid. She turned kind of red when she was looking at it...can someone translate what it said?

I would like to know too. She looked a little sad when looking at the door to his apartment after he had moved, so when she kind of blushed at the postcard it made me think it was from him and it made her happy that he was thinking of her, or at least felt touched that he took the time to write a goodbye letter since he didn't say it in person. Judging by how much was written it would seem he was finally able to say what was really on his mind (whatever that was). It confused and irritated her how he never did.
Jun 19, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2011
It was a good season, although I liked the first season a lot more, I can see those characters interacting all day, they're just too hilarious to watch. We need more Hosaka-senpai and his dorkness though.

Now time for my 3rd season. <3
BunnerzJun 19, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 15, 2014 3:56 PM
Jun 2013
Awesome Hosaka-senpai ending! But why was the flight announcer talking german on a Japan -> Usa flight? That doesn't make any sense at all
Sep 15, 2014 3:04 PM

May 2013
I really hope Hosaka-senpei and Haruka's schoolmates in general get more screentime next season.
Sep 20, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
RevolverSnake said:
I really hope Hosaka-senpei and Haruka's schoolmates in general get more screentime next season.

More like Touma's brothers. They better be in s3. 6/10.
Oct 12, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2014
it was fairly enjoyable, although more Hosaka would have been nice

7/10
Dec 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2014
Kana was surprisingly responsible!
I liked Kana and Chiaki working together.

That last scene, the feels... Haruka is best onee-sama! :3

Also, that epilogue about Hosaka in the German Flugzeug to San Francisco... OMG

Good final episode, Okawari was "meh" all in all. Looking forward to Okaeri.
May 6, 2015 4:16 AM

Oct 2014
Cuties :3
Nov 5, 2015 12:39 AM

Sep 2014
Well that was a Nice Ending. Hosaka-senpai is always two steps ahead of other.
Overall, Okawari wasn't that good compared to the first season. But still it wasn't bad at all.
I enjoyed Okawari and now i hope the next season would be great.
May 12, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
and the second season also ends like this ...hmmm
Aug 9, 2017 8:42 AM

Oct 2012
You'll still cry even if you wear goggles when chopping onions
It's not from your eyes, it's from your nose
The "aroma" is the that made you cry xD

I'm surprised Kana haven't burnt their apartment xD

I miss that OP

Hosaka-senpai xD
I mean why he didn't bother to check whether Haruka is going to go or not
"Signature removed"
Dec 29, 2017 9:02 AM
Dec 2017
Not sure why people complain. This might be the best of the franchise.
Feb 15, 2020 1:21 AM

Jul 2016
For some reasons, that episode makes me cry for a bit.
I guess, that 2nd season was good and cozy.
It has it's own atmosphere and i think, that there is more touching scenes that in 1nd season.
But there is still many funny and cute scenes as well.
In beginning i had small faith in this season, but it was really good.
Aug 18, 2020 6:38 AM

Jan 2011
What an absolute disappointment after the fun first season. Everything was downgraded. The art looks so generic now, Chiaki probably copping the worst of it, looking like some sort of alien creature in way too many scenes. The animation has taken a very noticeable dive in quality, often cheaping out of even mouth flaps. With such a big established cast we kept focusing on the same assortment of characters, Touma's brothers completely ignored. Fuyuki was an utterly pointless addition, throwing in some vague drama element that was unneeded, boring, and barely even had a resolution to it. At least the "Haruka going overseas" plotline felt appropriate to what the series is about. Why should I care about this mumbling numbnuts? The fanservice I didn't actually feel was all that much more than the first season, it's just that it was out of place, where in the first season it'd be part of some gag while here we just linger on the girls in the bath at random intervals for no real reason. The delivery with jokes seemed to have trouble finding the right timing in general, or was otherwise hampered by the previous mentioned problems. Even the OP and ED were worse. All together this created something that might resemble the first season a bit but feels distinctly off.
ReaperCreeperAug 18, 2020 6:43 AM
Mar 8, 2021 1:34 AM

Aug 2019
enjoyed this as much as the first season don’t know why others feel differently but anyways I’m glad there’s two more seasons of this show and OVAs so time to check those out as well
Aug 28, 2021 2:31 PM

Jan 2010
These past two episodes marked a transition into a more pure form of slice of life, where it's just about watching the characters go about their daily lives and just trying to get by. There were shades of this during the winter blackout episode, but these two episodes really stretched out the daily drama, forcing Kana and Chiaki to grow up and learn to take care of themselves. It was bit subtle during the athletics meet, but despite not having parents to rely on, they don't seem particularly bothered by relying on each other.

I liked how Masumi's transfer was immediately followed by Haruka's apparent transfer announcement, where, at least for Kana and Chiaki, it felt real. In their close knit circle of friends, having Masumi suddenly move out shrinks their already small community. It's easy for Kana and Chiaki to believe that Haruka would travel abroad, as she's both diligent and studious. With the reality of Masumi transferring just settling in, they easily assumed and believed that Haruka would transfer, so all they could do was make preparations.

However, Haruka, as only a high school student, doesn't really have anyone to rely on herself, so it's hard for her to find help, especially if she had traveled abroad. Also, in her absence, Kana and Chiaki are neither old nor responsible enough to fend for themselves. Despite that, this episode showed that, with a strong network of friends (with equally strong stomachs), they can at least learn to care for themselves in case Haruka ever does decide to move out. I feel like I just watched kids learn and grow in real time. Okawari is different from the first season of Minami-ke in its attempt to show character maturity and growth, and I quite enjoyed it.
Feb 3, 2022 9:44 PM
Apr 2021
I liked this season, but by far the first season was better.

hahaha Hosaka XD
Mar 26, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2021
good anime. quantum.
May 23, 2023 8:45 AM
Aug 2021
Glad to hear s1's op at te end. This season's op and ed has been kinda bad.
This season still got some good stuffs. Especially liked the Fuyuki arc.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 6, 2008

98 by mikcase »»
Jan 16, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

35 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 22, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Mar 4, 2008

54 by ugly-edge »»
Apr 12, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 6 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 12, 2008

28 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 5, 2008

54 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.