Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2020 2:14 PM

Oct 2009
Aure0lin said:
reinhard is the one giving the orders, but oberstein put the idea in his head

Yes, but the original question was "Why was Kircheis revoked of his privilege", and it's not because Oberstein has put the idea since he had tried to suggest this before as well, but to no avail; it's because of Reinhard and Kircheis's quarrel that made Reinhard issue that order
You made it sound like it was Oberstein's fault, while it's only partially true

Aure0lin said:
reinhard, oberstein, and kircheis are all high ranking officers who do not need to carry weapons. none of the other admirals carry weapons either.

But why does the restriction only work in the palace? What's the point? What if there were traitors among the guards, and none of the admirals would be able to stop them
SerhiykoMar 25, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 25, 2020 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Serhiyko said:
Aure0lin said:
reinhard is the one giving the orders, but oberstein put the idea in his head

Yes, but the original question was "Why was Kircheis revoked of his privilege", and it's not because Oberstein has put the idea since he had tried to suggest this before as well, but to no avail; it's because of Reinhard and Kircheis's quarrel that made Reinhard issue that order
You made it sound like it was Oberstein's fault, while it's only partially true
it's not "oberstein's fault" any more than it was the guards' faults that they couldn't react in time to stop ansbach. oberstein was and still is trying to prevent the other admirals from getting discontent and jealous over having one of their own being elevated above the rest.

Aure0lin said:
reinhard, oberstein, and kircheis are all high ranking officers who do not need to carry weapons. none of the other admirals carry weapons either.

But why does the restriction only work in the palace? What's the point? What if there were traitors among the guards, and none of the admirals would be able to stop them
a sidearm doesn't magically turn someone into an action hero. if there were traitors among the guards, then it would be up to the loyal guards to stop the traitors since they are the ones with the training to use the bigger guns.
Aure0linMar 25, 2020 2:29 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 25, 2020 2:24 PM

Oct 2009
Aure0lin said:
oberstein was and still is trying to prevent the other admirals from getting discontent and jealous over having one of their own being elevated above the rest.

Then just give weapons to everyone. Problem solved

Aure0lin said:
it's not "oberstein's fault" any more than it was the guards' faults that they couldn't react in time to stop ansbach.

Guards were too far
Mar 25, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2016
Serhiyko said:
Aure0lin said:
oberstein was and still is trying to prevent the other admirals from getting discontent and jealous over having one of their own being elevated above the rest.

Then just give weapons to everyone. Problem solved
officers aren't trained to use them. their jobs are to make battlefield decisions. logh does blur the line between soldier and officer a lot but it's still primarily the soldier's job to carry and use weapons.

Aure0lin said:
it's not "oberstein's fault" any more than it was the guards' faults that they couldn't react in time to stop ansbach.

Guards were too far

this is the distance that modern soldiers are trained to effectively shoot. futuristic soldiers likely have similar training and i'm pretty sure they were close enough
Aure0linMar 25, 2020 2:45 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 25, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2009
Aure0lin said:
this is the distance that modern soldiers are trained to effectively shoot. futuristic soldiers likely have similar training and i'm pretty sure they were close enough

Maybe they were preoccupied with guarding the prisoners
Oct 7, 2020 5:48 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
MASTERPIECE @_@ Tears for Kircheis, I think this was even better done here than the OVA. REALLY POWERFUL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 11, 2021 10:57 AM

Jan 2009
Kirchies died damn fucking Oberstein should let him have his gun to protect Reinhard there, Oberstein should have been blamed more

so Kirchies and Annerose love each other but never confess to one another what a shame
Jun 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
This remake has been nothing short of brilliant as the weight of Kircheis's death was as crushing as when I experienced it the first time. Miyano Mamoru's voice acting was impeccable and truly captured the tragic departure between two life long friends. Kircheis's humanizing effect on Reinhard is part of my favorite character dynamic in LOGH and while the next part of the remake is yet to come, I look forward to seeing the rest of that journey unfold.
Jun 17, 2021 12:01 AM

Jul 2012
And here I am... crying again, for my best boy Kircheis. I remember watching this for the first time in shock, cause I didn't expect him to die so soon.
And thus, the era of "If Siegfried Kircheis were alive" begins...

Mamo's acting was superb! I loved it!

Oberstein turning everything rapidly into the team's gain is just... He's too brilliant.
Jun 26, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
This is one of the best episodes of the new series, though that's a credit to the source material more than anything. Still so artless compared to the OVA. The seizure of Odin was nice, possibly even a slight improvement over the OVA, but Kircheis' death lacked the emotional intensity of the original.
May 15, 2022 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
Not a fan of how tame Reunthal is in this version. Here, he arrests the minister and waits for Reinhard to tell him what to do with him. In the OVA, Reunthal barged into the minister's room and gleefully shot him on the spot.
Jun 3, 2022 3:59 AM

Oct 2015
Kircheis' death was Reinhard's fault for letting Oberstein to whisper his ear.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 5, 2023 1:30 AM
Apr 2023
I really didn't expect Kircheis to die, and there to be a mirroring of Jessica dying in the Stadium (with her being someone very special to Yang). Was really sad, and Kircheis was kind of my remaining hope for the Empire side to not go conpleting bat-s__t-insane 🥲

I'm not sure if Reinhard will go down the "mad Emperor" route that happens in a lot of work 😅 and that that will lead to his eventual downfall, but it maybe looks to be going that way.

Sad either way, and rest in peace Kircheis 😔🕯🕯🕯
Jul 5, 2023 1:32 AM
Apr 2023
deg said:
so Kirchies and Annerose love each other but never confess to one another what a shame

This was really tragic and made it all the more sad :( They never got to have their tea and cakes together in the garden :'(
Jul 20, 2023 1:41 AM

Aug 2019
I knew kircheis‘s death was coming, but it still hit me. Reinhard's voice actor was insanely good, I got emotional just listening to him. 

Also, Oberstein was the one responsible for Kircheis not having a gun. What was the reason behind this decision? He thought there was tension between them.
Aug 18, 2023 3:40 PM

Jul 2016
Did she love Kircheis or not??????
Aug 19, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2011
Quequel said:
Did she love Kircheis or not??????
its implied that she did love him but she never says if she did or not
Nov 25, 2023 6:23 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Siegfried Kircheis, he is the GOAT. If he lived and stayed beside Reinhard, the world would have been a different place and so would have been Reinhard himself as well as Annerose.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Should Seiran 1,2,3 be merged?

SnowyNix - May 13, 2022

8 by Yagami-Zero »»
Oct 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 3 Episode 4 Discussion

Tellatez - Dec 12, 2019

45 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 20, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 3 Episode 2 Discussion

TheCommoner - Nov 28, 2019

26 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 20, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran 3 Episode 1 Discussion

TheCommoner - Nov 21, 2019

24 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 20, 2023 12:51 AM

» Sequel

tsubasalover - Sep 14, 2020

10 by -Hyunckel- »»
Feb 27, 2022 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.