Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this show seems to have all kinds of ideas now. Even soccer! Those red outfits are kinda cute for the team.

Getting kicked in the face though. Ouch.
May 16, 2019 12:08 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol to think that the team will be roped into a soccer match due to their opponents speciality. The team sure had it tough though as their opponents were pros after all. The second half though was more more fun With Renkin's defence using Tai Chi being especially amusing as well as the increased teamwork among the team after being reinvigorated. A decent ep that provided quite the unique challenge for the team. Though it does seem that the studio are actually running out of ideas of how to use the team.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 12:34 PM
Jan 2017
Let me be clear about this: I'm just watching this show for the entertainment value. Every week, I watch this show just to see how bad it can get. It's bad but in a fun way. After having episodes about schools and cooking, now we have an episode about soccer. It's good that the show doesn't try to take itself so seriously (let's face it, there is rarely any poignant pathos in this show), but it looks like the writers are running out of ideas and they are just throwing everything they have to the proverbial wall to see what sticks.

The character writing has to be most unstable aspect on this show. On one moment, you have the main characters joking at each other's expense and getting injured for comedic effect; on the next moment, the characters suddenly put aside their different and actually manage to work like a team. Much like Red vs Blue and Konosuba, this show tries to portray its main characters as deeply messed up individuals that still manage to come off as heroic and noble when the chips are down. Unfortunately, this approach leaves the characters acting strictly out of plot convenience rather than any consistent characterization. It's one thing to have Leader act a childish pervert with lesbian fantasies that subconsciously sabotages her team's mission just to satisfy her sexual whims, and it's another to have her act like a serious and driven heroine who wants her team to complete their mission.

What exactly does this show want from me? Does it want me to sympathize with this characters or does it want me to laugh at them or explore why are they so messed up? Whenever the show tries to be sincere about the morals of responsibility and teamwork, it can end up ringing hollow because it uses the same unlikeable morons, especially Leader.

After everything is said and done, I still continue to watch the show simply because I enjoy laughing at its flaws and tearing its premise and characters apart. Still, it would be nice if I was able to laugh with the characters, not at the characters.
May 16, 2019 5:42 PM

Oct 2015
They should've made Tekken the goalie from the start, but Renkin did a great job with those tai- chi techniques. Sometimes I feel they are not taking their jobs seriously, especially Dancho since she was the one that accepted the match. They will take centuries to eliminate those 1 million Excaliburs with the pace they're taking.

Worthless episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 16, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing them all compete in a soccer match was certainly entertaining. Renkin was quite useful, until the opponents started using their Excaliburs, and then it was up to Tekken to repay the favor.

Nov 7, 2019 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
So now it has turned into a soccer anime, will they reach the world cup and become the best? we will never know...

Pretty round-a-bout way to get their arthurs, challenging the enemy in a match where their arthur has an obvious advantage

Dec 28, 2022 2:01 AM

Jul 2012
Lmao..
Almost laugh the whole episode, but then more laugh at the end lol even ping pong!! 🤣🤣🤣 Tekken-san really have guts challenging them..

Naisu parody desu!~
No one expect this kind of episode on this kind of animu 😅

Jun 17, 2023 8:04 AM
Feb 2018
My brother walked in on me during the scene where Dancho was wondering if the excaliburs was on the cheerleaders with the zoom in scene on the high kicks.

Very interesting choice of voices... all except one of the male players has a girly voice and girly faces. Also the goalie being a girl, lmao.

Honestly felt like I was watching Shaolin Soccer. Not sure if they're referencing or it's just a common trope now. The player's kicks being so strong it takes a form of an animal, and being too strong to even be stopped normally. Renkin (as the goalie) using Taichi to stop the ball and transitioning it into a serve, Dancho's final attack being so strong it blew away the Goalie's clothes and destroyed the field.

As usual, random but funny episode. I like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2019

8 by CWC »»
Feb 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

8 by CWC »»
Jan 31, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2019

10 by CWC »»
Jun 17, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2019

8 by CWC »»
Jun 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

6 by CWC »»
May 14, 2023 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.