Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 27, 2019 9:31 AM
May 2017
After watching all 3 seasons of Overlord there was one big thing that had me scratching my head, apart from the bad CGI. My question to fans of the show is, why is Albedo popular? She is apparently the second most popular character from the show, behind Ainz. Yet to me she barely did anything to wow me, so maybe Overlord fans can help me explain her popularity.
Mar 27, 2019 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
It's because of her undying, unwavering, unfaltering, and pure love for Ainz, which is the self-insert character, probably.
Mar 27, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2017
HikariBlue said:
It's because of her undying, unwavering, unfaltering, and pure love for Ainz, which is the self-insert character.

I think it says a lot about a show when the half-assed reason for something like that is because the MC programmed her to. Good thing I dropped this show on the second episode.
Mar 27, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
I personally really like how yandere she is

There isn't much to Albedo really but she that perfect blend of Yandere. Crazy and Devoted is just appealing and she so extreme so those that like that aspect really like her character
AnimeFreak1066 said:
HikariBlue said:
It's because of her undying, unwavering, unfaltering, and pure love for Ainz, which is the self-insert character.
I think it says a lot about a show when the half-assed reason for something like that is because the MC programmed her to. Good thing I dropped this show on the second episode.
What does that matter?
All the NPCs have their behaviour come from the programming of their creators and are shaped by it
DeknijffMar 27, 2019 9:42 AM
Mar 27, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
Hey man, can't blame me for loving a devoted woman that wants to suck a skeleton's cock.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 27, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
AnimeFreak1066 said:
HikariBlue said:

Not really, she literally has no purpose in the show because she didn't exist in the original webnovel. If you remove her, the only thing that would change would be that noone whould be fighting with shalltear for Ainz's bones.
The story itself was good. It's an example of a good power fantasy story since the focus of the story is Ainz's effect on the world and not entirely on Ainz's feats.
Mar 27, 2019 9:42 AM

May 2012
No idea what people like about her. She looks ugly and has shitty personality.
Mar 27, 2019 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
Is that even a question? She has tits and is constantly throwing herself at the MC. There's whole anime genres based on that concept, that's how much anime fans like it.

I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 27, 2019 9:45 AM
May 2017
Pullman said:
Is that even a question? She has tits and is constantly throwing herself at the MC. There's whole anime genres based on that concept, that's how much anime fans like it.

I'm one of those who looks beyond the tits and want something that makes me like or hate the character.
Mar 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2018
I haven't even seen the show and I already know she's my favorite character. Why?
I'm somewhat of a degen myself
Mar 27, 2019 9:46 AM
May 2017
-Lofn- said:
Hey man, can't blame me for loving a devoted woman that wants to suck a skeleton's cock.
Trust me I'd smash her instantly. I just want a little more reason to stick around
Mar 27, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2013
She pretty much grew to become a shitfu instead of a waifu once I finished season 3.

Nothing happened. I probably had wrong expectations from her character as to how she would influence the story. But no.

It seemed like she was upto something in season 2 but nothing came of it. Rather useless bait.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Pullman said:

I'm one of those who looks beyond the tits and want something that makes me like or hate the character.

But that's not the point since you were asking about other people and not yourself. You should know enough about anime fans by now to not need our help figuring out why they like a female char with tits aggressively trying to seduce the MC. It's not like I particularly like her either, but it was always pretty obvious to me why fans of the show do.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 27, 2019 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
Because the people which like such anime like jacking off to her disgusting proportions
Mar 27, 2019 9:52 AM

May 2018
Tyrannicswine117 said:
After watching all 3 seasons of Overlord there was one big thing that had me scratching my head, apart from the bad CGI. My question to fans of the show is, why is Albedo popular? She is apparently the second most popular character from the show, behind Ainz. Yet to me she barely did anything to wow me, so maybe Overlord fans can help me explain her popularity.
Lmao, I don't even need to answer this question, it's pretty obvious, actually.
[/center]
Mar 27, 2019 9:53 AM
May 2017
Pullman said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

But that's not the point since you were asking about other people and not yourself. You should know enough about anime fans by now to not need our help figuring out why they like a female char with tits aggressively trying to seduce the MC. It's not like I particularly like her either, but it was always pretty obvious to me why fans of the show do.
Yet during season 2 Sebas got a lot of screentime showing more about his character, it wouldn't be difficult to do this with Albedo. I know anime fans love their tits, but come on.
Mar 27, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Pullman said:

Yet during season 2 Sebas got a lot of screentime showing more about his character, it wouldn't be difficult to do this with Albedo. I know anime fans love their tits, but come on.

Unfortunately, you need not look further than that.
Truly a Divine Comedy

Aug 2017
HikariBlue said:
AnimeFreak1066 said:

Not really, she literally has no purpose in the show because she didn't exist in the original webnovel. If you remove her, the only thing that would change would be that noone whould be fighting with shalltear for Ainz's bones.
The story itself was good. It's an example of a good power fantasy story since the focus of the story is Ainz's effect on the world and not entirely on Ainz's feats.

Her status as 'best girl' or 'main love interest' or whatever is completely hollow since she was made to. If she wasn't even a thing in the original, why was she added to the anime then? I take it the web novel had a plot without her, right? So she is likely there just to sell then, except she was added in quite literally the laziest way imaginable, seriously.
That said, this wasn't the reason I dropped the show, I dropped it immediately when, after mc-kun gives some shitty speech, that other girl goes on about getting wet. Honestly, this would still have been shit if it had been a good speech, we had had time to understand/like/give a shit about the MC, but no. It's episode 2.
As I'm giving my impression here, I might as well mention how stupid it is making a self-insert character that looks like this one... If you want an intimidating character that looks like that, or even an anti-hero then that makes more sense, but not this guy.

Feb 2018
SHe does some more stuff in the light novels, also boobies.
Mar 27, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
Because big tidy. Also I remember reading somewhere that she's a virgin, and that gets bonus points with the weebs.
Mar 27, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2017
AnimeFreak1066 said:
HikariBlue said:

Her status as 'best girl' or 'main love interest' or whatever is completely hollow since she was made to. If she wasn't even a thing in the original, why was she added to the anime then? I take it the web novel had a plot without her, right? So she is likely there just to sell then, except she was added in quite literally the laziest way imaginable, seriously.
That said, this wasn't the reason I dropped the show, I dropped it immediately when, after mc-kun gives some shitty speech, that other girl goes on about getting wet. Honestly, this would still have been shit if it had been a good speech, we had had time to understand/like/give a shit about the MC, but no. It's episode 2.
As I'm giving my impression here, I might as well mention how stupid it is making a self-insert character that looks like this one... If you want an intimidating character that looks like that, or even an anti-hero then that makes more sense, but not this guy.
Well you escaped really shitty CGI at least
Mar 27, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
is funny seeing people who don't care for her mention because tits
When basically all the girls have tits
Mar 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2017
Tyrannicswine117 said:

Lucky me. I'd been considering giving this show a second chance, but I honestly don't see why people like this shit.
Mar 27, 2019 10:04 AM
May 2017
Deknijff said:
I know, there's like a plethora of other female characters more interesting than she is
Mar 27, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
AnimeFreak1066 said:
HikariBlue said:

Yes the original webnovel had a story without her. She was probably added for boobie points. I don't disagree that she's hollow, all I'm saying is that her presence didn't degrade the overall quality of the show since she's literally a background character, albeit one that's given an inordinate amount of screentime.
Mar 27, 2019 10:06 AM

Oct 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Deknijff said:
I know, there's like a plethora of other female characters more interesting than she is
Thats not what I even remotely said but ok
Mar 27, 2019 10:06 AM
May 2017
AnimeFreak1066 said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

Lucky me. I'd been considering giving this show a second chance, but I honestly don't see why people like this shit.
It has it's moments, but it felt overrated
Mar 27, 2019 10:21 AM
May 2017
Wickednald said:
Seriously tho, who is that person who doesn't want to have a woman like her? Although others like prosperous woman/girl type of, i have a different taste and that's why She is the best girl in the entire show. Not too tied to the topic, but I could never get the chance to express myself this again, haha!
If you like her that's fine by me. I'm just asking a question not changing peoples viewpoints
Mar 27, 2019 10:21 AM
Nov 2015
Shalltear>>>>>>albedo
Change ma mind
Mar 27, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2013
Tawfeeq said:
Shalltear>>>>>>albedo
Change ma mind

Very helpful pro tip : he does not want to.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 27, 2019 10:24 AM
May 2017
Tawfeeq said:
Shalter>>>>>>albedo
Change ma mind
I gotta be honest, for a vampire she looked damn fine.....until she transforms
Mar 27, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
HikariBlue said:
AnimeFreak1066 said:

Yes the original webnovel had a story without her. She was probably added for boobie points. I don't disagree that she's hollow, all I'm saying is that her presence didn't degrade the overall quality of the show since she's literally a background character, albeit one that's given an inordinate amount of screentime.
if a character as bad as her isn't degrading to a show, it must be a pretty fucking terrible show, no?
Mar 27, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
AnimeFreak1066 said:
HikariBlue said:
if a character as bad as her isn't degrading to a show, it must be a pretty fucking terrible show, no?
lol as bad as her
you watched 2 episodes out of a 39 episode series
Thats hardly enough to know if a character is bad or good along with knowing how that character effects the plot or what role they part take in
Mar 27, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
It's because she's the character that appears in the first endings. That's the only reason why Albedo is more popular than Shalltear.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 27, 2019 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Loonitick said:
I haven't even seen the show and I already know she's my favorite character. Why?
I'm somewhat of a degen myself

I prefer the term swaggy bro.

But I like this character too and love the show, she is not my favorite though. I like the pleiades more than Albedo or Shalltear. lupusregina>CZ delta>Naberal Gamma> who cares about the rest. I love the threads arguments though.

"She was programmed too so it doesnt count and it sucks...", besides all romance in anime being as equally fake, her incidental yandere status is canon. That is the point. If you don't like it, than you don't like the point.. so you don't like an aspect of the show, does that mean you don't like the show? I mean its perfectly fine to feel that way, but maybe you are taking it a little to serious. I don't think there is a problem with that, but albedo is as albedo does, and some people think its great. Lupusregina is bae though, cause she hates humans and is such a fake bitch, and who doesn't love a bitch. No one.
Mar 27, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Basically because she's smoking hot and yandere, but I agree that more screen time is needed to develop the character though.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Mar 27, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2017
Large breasts, acts like a matured lady, not a loli, head over heels for the main guy. Do u want more than that? Plus, the fact that all other characters are plain boring and one dimensiomal also gives her a advantage.

And i'm not a fan of this series. Just stating my personal opinions.
Mar 27, 2019 11:55 AM
May 2017
silent_knight98 said:
Large breasts, acts like a matured lady, not a loli, head over heels for the main guy. Do u want more than that? Plus, the fact that all other characters are plain boring and one dimensiomal also gives her a advantage.

And i'm not a fan of this series. Just stating my personal opinions.
Man you haven’t seen my boy Sebas kick some mean ass in season 2 then, plus a lot of the supporting characters became more interesting over time too.
Mar 27, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2019
i dont like albedo at all

the only character in overlord i enjoy is sebas tbh
Mar 27, 2019 12:06 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I think the real question we should be asking here is, why is Overlord so popular?
Mar 27, 2019 12:06 PM
May 2017
Daphi said:
i dont like albedo at all

the only character in overlord i enjoy is sebas tbh
After Season 2 Sebas just became an amazing character, wasn’t used much in season 3 although after season 2 I can see why.
Mar 27, 2019 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
Deknijff said:

Shalltear doesn't.

Now on the serious side, Albedo is a yandere, without ever being able to endanger the MC, so she has all the benefits of a yandere, without the drawbacks. Also, being a pure virgin helps, probably...
Mar 27, 2019 12:10 PM
May 2017
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
I think the real question we should be asking here is, why is Overlord so popular?
True, well the first season is overrated, but season 2 and 3 are pretty good......,once you look past the shitty CGI
Mar 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Oct 2018
First impressions matter. She has a huge personality and isn't afraid to show her feelings. I can relate to her lots on an emotional level myself though I can see why lots of people would hate her since she wasn't even meant to be part of the anime itself, however I relate on a deeper personal life level with Shalltear Bloodfallen.~

Ps: Most shut-in love her but won't openly admit it despite her not having as much character development as the rest of the characters.~ E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

L0LlMar 27, 2019 12:21 PM

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Mar 27, 2019 12:12 PM

May 2009
Albedo is popular because it keeps the sun from overheating things.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 27, 2019 12:17 PM
May 2017
AesthethiccWaifu said:
Big ass titties? Check.
Yandere Cutie? Check.

my work here is done.
True, but unlike every Yandere the picture shows in your message she doesn’t develop much as a character. Sebas is a great example for the series that has a character who develops a lot since their introduction
Mar 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
U1111 said:
Deknijff said:
Shalltear doesn't.
Aura doesn't either
But I just meant that the chest probably doesn't matter regardless of size

though of course there are the low lives that say size matters but their opinions are worthless since all sizes are good
Mar 27, 2019 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.