Forum Settings
Forums
Mirai
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 9, 2019 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
I still cant get over it after 3 years, i first watched this in September 2016 i was completely blown away the fact that it became my most favorite movie of all time literally i fell in love with the movie. It werent that popular yet at that time then it blew up and became the #1 grossing anime film. I find this pretty fucked up such a masterpiece but never considered it in american awards shame on them. Atleast some muricans liked it like JJ Abrams he probably loved it thats why he want to make an adaption of it. Still sucks Your Name being superior to many recent Anime Films and this Mirai Film got a Nominee instead
Jan 15, 2019 4:23 PM

Mar 2013
Why do you give a care?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 18, 2019 11:04 AM

Sep 2016

Perhaps Kimi no Na wa's story wasn't original enough for the academy members to vote for a nomination, it shares too many elements from The Lake House as described here https://aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/blog/kimi-no-na-wa-possibly-a-rip-off/88tm_u6xYVj2w66DMKbQ8P00LNej6
I'm not saying Your Name is bad because it's way better than Lake House but the similarities are indeed obvious.

Late edit: there might be 2 other reasons why Your Name missed a nomination.
First it premiered at the Anime Expo in L.A. before its theatrical release in Japan but the Academy Awards ruleset doesn't allow non-theatrical premiers.
Second it was released for only 1 week in the US during 2016 and only in L.A. cinemas (don't ask why because idk),
later in April 2017 it was released again in more US cinemas but that was after the Oscars.

ZarutakuJan 19, 2019 2:55 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 18, 2019 11:11 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Didn't Your Name not get nominated because it didn't hit the Oscar requirements to be up for voting? At least that's what I thought. Funimation handled the release of that poorly where as GKIDS is basically on top of licensed releases.
Jan 22, 2019 6:40 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jan 22, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
Stop with balls licking to this your name. Just a good movie. No more than this.
Jan 22, 2019 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
Mirai is very good, but it doesn't stand a chance against Into the Spider-Verse (obvious choice), Incredibles 2 (if the Oscars get a Pixar bribe or continue their obvious bias), or Isle of Dogs (potential underdog).
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 22, 2019 6:32 PM
Jan 2016
Regardless of quality, marketing is imperative for indie/foreign films when it comes to getting Oscar recognition. Funimation kind of dropped the ball and didn't do a good job of actually getting people outside the anime community to see your name, whereas gkids clearly did much better.

Now if the two movies received the same quality of exposure and were released in the same year, this might be a complelty different story. Oh well, we can only speculate.
Jan 23, 2019 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
Why do we need a thread on this?

First of all, Your Name barely qualified for a nomination to begin with. It had 1 showing in December. No wonder it didn't stand a chance.

Since we're comparing this to Your Name, I might as well point this out.
Your Name is not a good movie. Poorly-written plot, bland characters, many plot-holes. Seriously, it's not that good.
If you've watched Mirai, you'll know that it completely triumphs over Your Name in every way. It deserves the nomination.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Apr 14, 2019 12:50 AM
Nov 2015
zamandzoe said:
Why do we need a thread on this?

First of all, Your Name barely qualified for a nomination to begin with. It had 1 showing in December. No wonder it didn't stand a chance.

Since we're comparing this to Your Name, I might as well point this out.
Your Name is not a good movie. Poorly-written plot, bland characters, many plot-holes. Seriously, it's not that good.
If you've watched Mirai, you'll know that it completely triumphs over Your Name in every way. It deserves the nomination.
poorly written plot no it's actually very meticulously well plotted out.
Bland characters no, characters that develope through the course of a story aren't bland from a literary standpoint, if by bland you mean personalities that are grounded and down to earth then sure.
Plot holes ,you weren't paying attention enough if you think there were plot holes , this is explained properly by a dude in the forums of your name and on Reddit as well.
Aug 16, 2020 12:05 AM

Nov 2017
Well the thing is the movies that get nominated for the Oscar are movies that are made for kids ( most of the times ). Kimi no na was is not for kids , Mirai no Mirai is. That's why you'll see only Ghibli movies getting nominated for the Oscars not movies where the girls grope their breasts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai no Mirai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 4, 2018

83 by The_Jadester »»
Oct 8, 2023 5:07 PM

» Have Mirai of the Future come out? HELP ME PLEASE

secretmoonlight - Nov 10, 2018

8 by tsaavik »»
Jun 7, 2020 7:37 AM

» Nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 91st Academy Awards

Electrowanderer - Jan 22, 2019

14 by mushroomcloud »»
Apr 20, 2019 9:38 AM

» Mirai nimnated for Golden Globe...

DonTrumpolino - Dec 7, 2018

12 by DonTrumpolino »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:54 PM

» BD release?

Kamiyan3991 - Nov 9, 2018

3 by arsonal »»
Nov 23, 2018 9:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.