Forum Settings
Forums
Mirai
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2018 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw it on Friday in the cinema as part of this event.

So, when he took the tail off the dog in his "daydream"? What would've it had looked like in reality, a bloody tail? Or was "taking the tail" just a metaphor for behaving like a dog?

He likes the bee game.

Badass great grandpa

They don't name most of the characters

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 7, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2017
i was really fortunate and had this as the first anime i saw on the big screen, and i'm really glad it was. i watched it dubbed and the dub was great, i'll have to compare it to the japanese sub at a later date. it was a beautiful film, and easily one of my favourite mamoru hosoda films

the imagery and visuals were stunning, a painted a great picture of family and growing up. it was so beautiful it nearly reduced my emotionless dad to tears at the grandad race scene โ‰งโ—กโ‰ฆ

a great film and i highly recommend for others to watch! :D
Nov 8, 2018 1:59 PM
Aug 2007
I didn't know it was still showing in the UK (I thought it was only a few days) and I managed to catch a subbed viewing of it recently.

I didn't know much about the story going into it, but for some I thought it would be some sort of Benjamin Button type story so I'm glad it didn't turn into that.

In terms of the story, it was very interesting but also a bit confusing.

I instantly got that the "Prince" was the dog personified and it seemed like it was just the kid's imagination going wild.

But then he started meeting his future sister, younger mother, etc etc and that started to blur the line between what was real and what was not.

Now, I'm a sucker for anything involving nostalgia/remiscing themes in a story so there were a few moments that really hit me hard emotionally.

The "race" scene between the great-grandad and his wife was great (in fact, all of his scenes are great) and Kun meeting his older self and showing us that he turns into a decent kid after all was good to see too.

Some of the sequences were too dragged out though, like the bit about putting away the statues or when he was lost in the train station for a long time.

Overall, it was enjoyable. If I had watched it at home, I probably would have really teared up at various parts of the movie. Worth a watch if you can catch it in cinemas
Nov 29, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
Just saw it at a local screening, wonderful movie.

It's a very unique portrayal of the common happenings of a household seen through the eyes of the eldest kid which in itself makes it something special.

I loved the imaginary stuff and how Kun reflects upon his actions to grow emotionally.

The first imaginary experience where he transforms into a dog and runs around was so very reminiscent of Ookami Kodomo, it was beautiful.

The movie hit really strong emotionally in a very nostalgic sense for me. Kun's problems and tantrums are in a sense kinda relatable to me and the plight of the parents while not something I can personally relate to, it's something I can sympathize with since I'm the older sibling as well and I've seen my parents in very similar situations. xD
The part where Kun learns to cycle was the part that hit me the hardest cause that was so very relatable and I loved the way they showcased him gaining the resolve by channeling his inner great grandpa. xD

It's hard to name everything but a lot of scenes in the movie made me smile and a number of them were just really heartwarming. :)

The art was beautiful, very pleasant to look at and the animation was top notch.

The best part of the movie was definitely the climax as Mirai-chan and Kun-chan run through little memories of everyone in their family, the great grandpa's race especially was fantastic. I personally really liked what Mirai-chan had to say at the very end. It's all these small things in life that slowly add up and make us into who we are, all those fleeting but intimate moments that you never really think mean anything are what shape us as friends and family. Appreciate everything cause everything is connected. :)

There was a small interview with Mamoru Hosoda at the end of the movie, he had some really interesting things to say, I'll try to paraphrase everything he said to the best of my memory.

-He mentioned that he is kinda saddened about how CGI has become so involved in modern anime and film. He said that almost every anime uses CG backgrounds, as in art drawn via the computer and not hand drawn like the olden days. He mentions that because of this, a lot of modern work tends to reach a certain generic status where every work of art tends to look similar.
-He talked about how it's become increasingly hard to find people who are capable of animating/drawing with a paper and pen and he feels strongly that it's only when you draw with the paper and pen you can really channel yourself into your work to make it stand out as something unique. He's not against the idea of using CG but says it depends on how you use it.
-He mentioned that only two modern films, Mirai and Hayao Miyazaki's next film feature fully hand drawn backgrounds. He mentions budget is a problem for having everything hand drawn.
-A lot of the characters in Mirai are actually based of his own family and experiences, The idea of future Mirai being a middle schooler is based of a dream his son had. Great grandpa is based of his wife's grandpa.
-He mentioned Mirai is a heavily interconnected story, it's something that happens everywhere, we're all part of this cycle that constantly repeats and we pass on our experiences from one to another because of this he believe Mirai is an 'epic' of unmatched scale because it's scope is bound by nothing.

Overall, great movie.
8/10
Nov 30, 2018 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
I felt like… it was a deconstruction of his other films, almost. You had the Summer Wars OZ-style animation with red outlines in the genealogy/(literal) family tree segment near the end; the obligatory "I'm a furry, lest you forget" child-as-dog scene that you can't have a Hosoda film without; the ending theme sung by Yamashita Tatsuro, etc… It did come off as very "random" at times, which did go a little overboard in my opinion, but on the other hand I did like the sort of "slice of life" aspect of it. And the pieces didn't fit together quite perfectly, so it did feel a little weird/"off," from that angle… but at the same time it portrayed some nice, fantastical vignettes of childhood and parenthood together.

Music was really nice. Subtitles were decent enough (some questionable translation choices but nothing I caught that was flat out wrong). Overall, worth seeing, and enjoyable for sure!
Nov 30, 2018 9:24 PM

Mar 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
he believe Mirai is an 'epic' of unmatched scale because it's scope is bound by nothing.

Here's one part that the subtitles did misconvey, and thus something that's also portrayed in a bit of an incorrect light in your comment here, too. He was saying it's a "small" film in that it only deals with the story of a single family, but, at the same time, these experiences are shared by many and will repeat, and have been repeated by generations of humans so far (& pretty much what you said) – so this, as he said, is what "makes it larger." But not necessarily that the film is an epic or something with unmatched scale.
Nov 30, 2018 10:21 PM

Dec 2014
frozenpandaman said:
Lelouch0202 said:
he believe Mirai is an 'epic' of unmatched scale because it's scope is bound by nothing.

Here's one part that the subtitles did misconvey, and thus something that's also portrayed in a bit of an incorrect light in your comment here, too. He was saying it's a "small" film in that it only deals with the story of a single family, but, at the same time, these experiences are shared by many and will repeat, and have been repeated by generations of humans so far (& pretty much what you said) – so this, as he said, is what "makes it larger." But not necessarily that the film is an epic or something with unmatched scale.

Technically, the meaning remains more or less the same right? Maybe my comment and as such the subtitles make it seem a little too grandiose but ultimately the intent behind it is still the same.
Dec 5, 2018 9:27 PM

Jun 2012
I adored this movie, very touching at points and makes you evaluate your own personal relationships with your family. Kun's voice to me did not fit very well and his character was really annoying for most of the film. But seeing his and Mirai's relationship grow was enjoyable. That scene with the trains and him acknowledging that he is Mirai's brother hit hard and the backstories for the adults were emotional as well. Music was perfect and really accentuated scenes perfectly. It ended perfectly too, the film evoked strong feelings of nostalgia and melancholy about the passage of time.

9/10

Hosuda's interview at the end was interesting as well. I have a similar fear for where animation is heading. Hand drawn animation will always be superior in my opinion.

If you can I'd recommend everyone to see this in theaters. Well worth it.
Dec 8, 2018 11:43 AM

May 2013
So I watched this today. All I have to say was eh. The animation and artwork like usual in anime’s was beautiful. The plot was disappointing to me. Just about a child and his childlike fantasies meeting past family members. Do have to admit I was cringing the whole time watching it...
“Listen up, you lowlifes who will never amount to anything!“ -[Mawaru Penguindrum]
Dec 8, 2018 3:19 PM
Mar 2018
It tried to be ambitious with its supernatural elements and I get the message Hosoda was conveying, but it fell short for me. The characters were really enjoyable though and the animation was nothing short of amazing.
Dec 8, 2018 5:20 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
So I didn't read the synopsis or anything about the series before seeing it this afternoon. And though it wasn't as fantastical as Hosoda's other films; much more domestic and relaxed with splashes of magic and transition sprinkled.

The big kicker of this film is that UNLESS you've been around a child this age this film will either be annoying or boring to you. My nephew is literally the same age as Kun and everything he did, from the position he slept in to the way he threw tantrums. This was a real life child on the screen no doubt. I went to see it with my mother in tow and we kept laughing the whole time pointing out how every little detail was on point.

The commentary with Hosoda at the end talking about how this was basically a snapshot of his own children and made with their actions and thoughts in mind really made this authentic. Reminds me of how Miyazaki talked about how he found inspiration for Chihiro by spending time with his family and the young girls around him, all from their little actions and reactions.

Obviously the animation was brilliant and what I found most interesting was the cgi. During the biking scene and even with the end at Tokyo Station, the implemented assets were so well put into the scenes and though I could tell, it was far better then anything else we've see before with strict 2D. And of course the hand painted backgrounds, which Hosoda also pointed out in his commentary, which is a crying shame but makes me even more proud that he is willing to push this with his projects despite him not having to.

My biggest complaint about the whole film is just the through line of the "plot". The fantasy sequences are told in basically vignettes to his interactions but it's basically suppose to culminate in the end of the film. I feel if we saw more baby steps towards his progression, like the bike scene and made the structure tighter then it could've been a bit more focused, instead of it being on all his family plus his integral growth as a toddler.

Overall I'm happy Hosoda hasn't been one note so far, he's going into territory that obviously interest him and not BOMBASTIC set pieces and mystical plots; I think too many people go into movies expecting a show stopping epic that is larger then life yet here we have something that I think everyone in all walks of life can relate to, especially with how we as children relate to our parents and how as adults raising these kids are made to think back on how we ourselves acted. Is the film small in the grand scheme, of course, is it a bad thing, absolutely not, it's downright refreshing.

8/10
StripesDec 8, 2018 5:25 PM
Dec 8, 2018 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
Fortress_Maximus said:
So, when he took the tail off the dog in his "daydream"? What would've it had looked like in reality, a bloody tail? Or was "taking the tail" just a metaphor for behaving like a dog?

It's a metaphor for Hosoda's a furry.

Solid movie though, 8/10. My mom said she liked it but the kid was an asshole - "Japanese Caillou", in her words. I'm going to defend him because he is four and, unlike Caillou, learns from his actions by the end.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 3, 2019 4:41 AM

Dec 2014
Well the film was good and all...but it seemed too much was not explained
Feb 3, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2011

I feel this image sums up the whole hammered in message of the film pretty well.

I'm slowly starting to think that Hosoda is going the way of Shyamalan, with how he's letting his reputation get to him, resulting in film's that don't capture the magic of his earlier work. While not without some moments of inspiration, Mirai is very uneven, poorly paced and for a slice of life feels too formulaic. Also the main character is annoying as fuck, with a voice that sounds too old for his age.
Klonoa7HFeb 3, 2019 11:22 AM
Feb 3, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
I love the overall design of their house specially the floor plan, its so simple yet very cozy looking and not too overwhelming.
Feb 3, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
I did not enjoy this. The only enjoyable thing was the beautiful animation, but that's not enough to cover up for the rest. I found it a chore to finish the film, very very slow paced, too much kids screaming and crying, the plot was not to mi liking.
Feb 3, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2018
Watched it last week and was quite frankly disappointed. I expected more. I loved Summerwars and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki but the little tykes were grating on my nerves and the story wasn't exactly exciting. Quite frankly I was ready to throttle the children and tell em to shut it. IMHO definitely the weakest movie by Hosada. I agree it looks like his ego is getting the better of him 6/10
Feb 5, 2019 3:43 AM

May 2017
There's some funny, adorable and amazing moments but majority of the show is still a snoozefest

In a sense the plot is kinda pointless and nonsensical but I do get what the show tried to convey even if it's not executed the way I expected it to be

5/10
Feb 5, 2019 9:27 PM
Aug 2014
A fun watch. It was interesting to see him learn from the various encounters.
Feb 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Oct 2007
For all the weirdness in the movie, the weirdest part is the funky 80's outro.
Feb 10, 2019 4:18 AM

Oct 2013
A trip down in childhood memory lane.Yet, I'm happy that hosoda continues to make me awe in his anime films. Can't for his next one! :)
Feb 10, 2019 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
It was Nothing Special but yeah, Cute and Funny. Family Friendly
Feb 11, 2019 12:22 PM

Dec 2018
The blurry line between reality and fantasy reminded me of Satoshi Kon's works. And that's awesome.
Feb 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Mar 2017
i really love the opening theme song of this movie ugh ♥
my baby girl, cute cute โ™ช

enjoyed this movie~
Feb 20, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
The motorcycle part with the great grandfather was my favorite.

Although Kun was a deep brat, i still enjoyed it. The movie emphasised the importance of family and understanding their existence.

9/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2016
This film does a very good job of situating itself at the heart of the family. For a movie of this length, and one that jumps around in 'time' and includes so many characters, I really felt like I understood and got to know Kun and every member of his immediate family. In the end Kun is able to live through different times in his family's history, and learns what his own place in that timeline means. As a character Kun was a very believable little boy.

The structure was typical of a lot of anime films, and this story utilized that structure very well.
Feb 25, 2019 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
Cute movie but the train station scene kinda ruined it for me, it felt out of place and too surreal. Great-grandpa was amazing.

Eh 6/10
:3
Mar 2, 2019 1:26 AM

Feb 2011
the whole movie was like a huge condom commercial 10/10
Mar 2, 2019 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
I could immediately tell that it was amateurs doing the voices, ugh! Please stop using actors or non-professionals for main charas of anime, pleaase! Why do so many anime movie directors do this? Aren't there enough seiyuu out there who could do a much better job? That VA for Kun particularly was awful!
Mar 3, 2019 3:44 AM

Feb 2014
Great-grandpa's urban rumor was the best moment of all. The one where it all started.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 7, 2019 5:08 AM

Apr 2016
The best Great-grandpa of 2018.
Mar 14, 2019 2:20 PM

Aug 2015
The film was enjoyable but not that great

Some scenes made me feel so sleepy and,

I liked supporting characters more than Mc,Especially the great grandfather,the dog and dad
madarchodMar 14, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 22, 2019 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
Honestly this movie was pretty boring, kid's were pretty realistic being super annoying and all, but that was pretty much it. No idea how this was nominated for prizes and awards over I want to eat your pancreas.

Great Grandpa was the best character by far, in fact only character i liked in the entire movie.
Mar 26, 2019 1:01 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Heartwarming, sweet and a wonderful movie! I’m gutted that SayoAsa and Kimi Suizou wa Tabetai weren’t nominated for the best film even and such but I’m not going to take my anger out on this show becuase it was totally worth the watch!

We’ve got a candidate for best Great-Grandpa ever in all media here too! Awesome to see him run with all his might and win Great-Granny’s heart like that but, I have to say, he sure went through a hellish experience in the war. All the other Characters, Kun’s mother, Mirai and Yukko, were all very interesting, and a mix of unpredictability too, in their own ways and it was just a pleasure to watch it all! Kun was bloody annoying, as what you’d expect from many of that age irl too, but it was nice to see him accepting Mirai and his family after seeing through his generations’ progression and the cycle of life through the family. Lol, even the older version of Kun wasn’t really to my liking.

Very compelling presentation for this matter and the usage of music was pretty cool too! What really stood out among the Departments, though, was easily the Animation Quality! I’ve seen all three Studio Chizu movies and trust me when I say this, this movie had the best animation quality of the three and that’s quite an amazing feat itself really! I’m definitely looking forward to more of their movies in the coming years!

Additional 10-15 mins to the movie to give us an insight on the ‘future’ Mirai’s world would’ve been really nice, but welp there’s no helping that now.

As such, with all things considered, I’ll give this show a solid 8/10! Definitely rewatch-able material so I’ll definitely get around to rewatching it someday in the near future.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Some may think the story was nothing special but it made my think back fondly of my own childhood memories. The movie was somehow nostalgic and I felt touched. Great-grandpa was so cool! :D
Apr 5, 2019 4:54 PM

May 2012
This sure was different than what I expected it to be. Sure was quite interesting, especially that ending! Quite a nice take and really slice of life. Pretty solid in general, so all in all a good watch!
Apr 9, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
I knew that I knew the closing and opening songs singer. He's the same from 2004 Agatha Christie show.
Apr 10, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. Is Hosoda getting worse with each of his movie?

Certainly, there were some really good parts in there like the past scene with his mother and granpa and his ending conversation with Mirai wasn't half bad to show how deep the bonds of family goes and how the world have changed in the past century but I would probably appreciate it a lot more if it was all set in retrospective completely (like in the beginning of shouwa era, that would be great).

Instead, what I got was annoying screaming and crying for almost all the duration of the motion and some weird sort of highly realistic family-oriented slice-of-life combined with supernatural fantasies of young boy's consciousness and regrets (some Ponyo vibes here). Several scenes were painfully explained here like the jealousy by the dog or who was the man in the past). Plus the ending futuristic segment at the Tokyo station that was really out of place.. here, unsure how to correctly escalate this mess into the satifying conclusion, Hosoda did exactly the same what he did in Summer Wars and Bakemono ko and broke the structure of the story completely apart only to introduce some needless wtf factor because his story lacked some antagonist.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what the target demographic of this movie is - it certainly isn't meant for children who would either not be able to grasp the meaning of some scenes or be utterly bored during some conversation. It certainly isn't for grown-ups who lacks the experience to enjoy the nostalgy and it isn't for men demographic either which is made obvious by including effeminate klutz of the husband who mostly couldn't get things done in the beginning.

Yeah, it's probably animation porn only meant for the women at home or young parents who obviously finds many similiarities in those scenes but that's really not enough for general audience. I guess seeing this once was more then enough and it really bothers me that whole thing was probably overanimated in terms of what it did and what it failed to do. Those money could have been easily used to create more cohensive and nostalgy-driven story from japanese past.

4/10 I really liked the past retrospectives but the rest of the movie was really annoying to watch. The goal was clear but it really wasn't executed well. I would advise you to see the greatnesss and lightheartedness of My Neighbors the Yamadas instead.
Apr 16, 2019 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
blmatsu said:
shiroi-ookami said:
I could immediately tell that it was amateurs doing the voices, ugh! Please stop using actors or non-professionals for main charas of anime, pleaase! Why do so many anime movie directors do this? Aren't there enough seiyuu out there who could do a much better job? That VA for Kun particularly was awful!
Which Kun are you talking about? The highschool version?

I'm talking about little Kun, voiced by Kamishiraishi.
Apr 17, 2019 7:31 PM

Feb 2015
I feel like most of the people who were underwhelmed by this film likely felt so because of the highly misleading promotional material. It's a shame the trailers kinda tainted peoples' expectations.

You're not supposed to think about the plot so logically, it's supposed to be abstract, and trying to do so only makes the experience less fun for yourself. It's just a collection of thematically tied vignettes focusing around family lineage and bonds. I loved the train station scene the most, btw.

No, Hosoda is not getting worse with every film, Mich. BatB was but a mere momentary dip. Mirai is him back in top form, more confident in his filmmaking than ever before. Also, why do you find it so difficult to pinpoint the film's audience? It's clearly for all ages. Children aren't as dense as you suggest, and anyone who's of a more mature point in their life can appreciate the message of family, especially those who know younger children in theirs similar to Kun. Because trust me, the depiction in Mirai is very, VERY true to life. I just don't know why people seem to be so intolerant of children as protagonists. Yes they can be overwhelmingly immature, but that's the entire point and at least here it's in service of teaching him to grow and mature.

Legit, 10/10 film. I feel that people will look back more fondly on this film as it ages. At least I hope that's the case. It's currently ranked as Hosoda's worst film on this site by a large margin, and that is simply ridiculous to me. I think its unconventional story structure and protagonist definitely play a big part in that.
Apr 21, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Id watch the movie just about the great grandpa lol
The last running scene with him was so sweet!
Apr 21, 2019 10:52 PM

Apr 2011
Lol people hating this movie because they don't have family or can't relate to kids, and in turn act like a spoiled brat, irony. I watch it with the family and nephews and nieces and they loved it. I guess if you're a middle aged man watching this alone expecting some mind fuck time travel movie like TGWLTT, this you'll be sorely disappointed. Of course it doesn't have the greatest plot but it's uniqueness in its approach makes up for that.
May 4, 2019 4:30 AM

Oct 2009
Yep, this is what it's like to be around kids... unfortunately that means we're stuck with an unlikable brat of a main character.
May 11, 2019 6:27 AM

Sep 2018
I thought that I would be bored, we are not at the level of "Wolf Children", but it doesn't matter, in that movie maybe you were crying a little too much. The narrative shows how beautiful and strange life is. Excellent graphics and narrative rhythm is not slow, you will not get bored during the whole vision. It is not the best Hosoda Mamoru film, and the film itself is not a masterpiece, but at the end of the film, something remains inside and is profound: love for the family, beautiful or ugly it is and how to grow is difficult but every moment is precious.

For now, my vote is 8/10.
May 18, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
15 minutes in and this movie is already the stuff of my nightmares.
They forgot to label this a horror movie btw.
May 18, 2019 7:50 PM

Apr 2009
Gahd this show is awful.

That annoying brat gave me too much headache.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
The first Hosoda movie that disappointed me. To be fair, I expected a masterwork. Toki Kakeru Shoujo was good, Summer Wars was a fantastic movie for me personally, Hosoda killed me with Ame to Yuki which imo was a masterpiece, and Bakemono no Ko, even though I first thought I wouldn't like it because of the setting and story synopsis, blew me away and I consider it nearly as good as Ame to Yuki.

So yeah, I had really high exceptions.
And then the movie was just like "eeeh?". It had no clear structure or story. All the events felt so random and the 'struggle' between the boy and his baby sister never felt strong enough to set any purposeful story in motion. Also, the story never really takes off. I was kinda expecting that once the Prince appears, the story goes off to some wonderland, continues there, the boy struggles to get back and somehow thereby learns to accept his sister and comes back. Dunno, kinda like Spirited Away maybe. Instead, we only get these short 'hallucinations' and always get back to reality. It's kinda really just some story about raising kids basically, but not in a compelling and interesting way as Ame to Yuki did, but rather with really shallow themes. It just could have been so much better. Sigh. Also, it doesn't really help that there is barely any likable or 'virtuos' character in the whole story. The dog and the great grandpa and maybe the sister are the only characters that were not helpless or annoying.

Argh. It pains me to say that this movie just didn't hit anything for me. It's ok as a boring family movie, I guess, and yeah, some scenes were amusing (in general, some comedic moments were really not bad, but also felt a bit out of place at times), but we know Hosoda can do much much better.

Well, I hope this movie was just an exception.
May 30, 2019 4:03 AM

Dec 2013
Personally, I'm not into kids and I find Kun quite unlikeable at first. However, I think that a lot of kids were naturally, a brat but of course time makes them grow up and be more mature.

I like how the future and the past was shown to Kun and I hope these will help him grow up as good man.

I honestly love the last few scenes, especially about Kun's great grandpa. He looks really cool and masculine. And also about Yukko and his mom ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข I love how the past was shown to Kun and future Mirai, it made me tear up ๐Ÿ˜ข The background music added to the feels. It was alps nice to see the future Kun. I hope he will get along with Mirai.

Overall, I enjoy watching this and I'm thinking of re watching this again in the future

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 11, 2019 9:55 PM

Dec 2016
Solid, entertaining movie but it just feels like a lot of the movie plot-wise could've been done a lot better, because visually this thing is goddamn beautiful
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 28, 2019 12:22 PM
Nov 2015
TheFreycook said:
Solid, entertaining movie but it just feels like a lot of the movie plot-wise could've been done a lot better, because visually this thing is goddamn beautiful
i felt the plot was incredibly imaginative unlike anything we've seen before
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mirai got Nominated in Golden Globes but not Your Name even in Oscars?

KotoriMinami - Jan 9, 2019

10 by KiryuHanabi »»
Aug 16, 2020 12:05 AM

» Have Mirai of the Future come out? HELP ME PLEASE

secretmoonlight - Nov 10, 2018

8 by tsaavik »»
Jun 7, 2020 7:37 AM

» Nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 91st Academy Awards

Electrowanderer - Jan 22, 2019

14 by mushroomcloud »»
Apr 20, 2019 9:38 AM

» Mirai nimnated for Golden Globe...

DonTrumpolino - Dec 7, 2018

12 by DonTrumpolino »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:54 PM

» BD release?

Kamiyan3991 - Nov 9, 2018

3 by arsonal »»
Nov 23, 2018 9:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.