Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pudding can't be honest to her feelings, she's a funny tsundere now, I'm falling in love.
Aug 17, 2018 6:29 PM

May 2010
Sanji and Pudding would be quite a hilarious couple. I am totally for her joining the Straw Hats when this is all done!
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 22, 2018 7:16 AM

May 2010
Ahh, Pudding might be the best bipolar character I’ve seen in anime, lol.
Aug 26, 2018 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
They still need to make that stupid cake lol what the fuck just escape. Big Mom can't possibly chase them in the water. They're really trying to make this as longer as possible like how many episodes/weeks have the Strawhats been running away from Big Mom cause in that woods alone is at least 3.
Aug 31, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
WELL PUDDING FOR SURE AS WELL FUNNY…THAT WAS EXTREME TSUNDERE…MAYBE A CROSSOVER BETWEEN YANDERE AND TSUNDERE. a
Oct 29, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh can they stop with Nami's breasts, beyond ridiculous.
God I loved Pudding this episode.
Sep 28, 2019 12:07 AM

Mar 2010
Brook is such a boss. Nothing new from Chopper. Bege and Chiffon , love their bond. Pudding is a true tsundere lol
Jan 15, 2020 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
I am not expecting anything fortunate to happen to Brook and Chopper trying to take back the Sunny. That Pero guy is no joke, they may stand a chance against him but Katakuri? Their only option is to continue stalling them until Luffy and the gang get there.

Pudding's emotions sure are all over the place. she is the combined effort of Deredere, tsundere, and yandere all mixed into one.

I like how they just stood to provide commentary knowing full well any moment Big Mom could be on them at any minute. Like guys? Start running?

Big Mom sure is tanky. Taking a very powerful lightning strike and still managing to chase them without an indicator of any injury, not to mention casually altering the path as she walks with minimal effort, speaks volumes of her strength as an emperor.
Jul 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Jun 2016
I guess there were three major points of interest this episode. The first was the mission to reclaim the Sunny! Brook and Chopper are already an adorable duo so seeing their synergy is nice, and Brook continues to be the coolest skeleton around so that's also quite nice. In fact, while watching the scene it hit me that Brook basically has circumstantial conqueror's haki. His soul manipulating abilities allow for him to zap the consciousness out of the lesser minions, exactly what conquerors can do too! It's a nice way to give him a temporary buff, to me it didn't feel cheap, and it gives him a stronger basis for being one of the cornerstones of this arc! That said, with the fearlessness of Brook and Chopper in fighting for the ship; showing their gratitude for their friends with action also echoed by Chiffon, this does feel more like they are buying time and defeating the lesser opponents, I would love to see them to a number on Perospero and Katakuri, but we all know Luffy will be the one to finally handle the jelly bean man at the very least.

As for Chiffon’s decision to help Pudding... All the way back when the meeting with Bege began and Nami befriended Chiffon, I realized a seed of loyalty had been sown. That of Chiffon being indebted to Nami, something that I assumed would drive a fork between Bege, who didn’t have any such obligation, and Chiffon. This difference in loyalty within the Bege family has finally grown into a flower and the way that it is influencing the story is by, assumedly, forcing the Fire Tank pirates into a position of helping the Straw Hats once again. They love their mama, you saw how everybody refused to leave her behind, and if they want to help her, they in turn have to help the Straw Hats. It's a simple but effective method to set up character motivation later down the line. Other aspects of the scene I wanted to mention: Seeing Vito as the stand-in mother was just totally adorable and another reason for me to love this bloodthirsty and geeky criminal. Seeing Pez smile at his mom as she was suggesting she could die on this mission was really bittersweet, and the whole decision of Chiffon deciding to risk her life reminded me of Lola’s willingness to burn with her saviors, and it let me know why Bege may have fallen in love with this woman.

The third is the most pressing point of interest, Pudding’s transformation. She's not the first tsundere to grace us with their presence, Galdino and Perona are both high in my ranks as some of my favourite characters in the franchise. However, the way she has gotten to this point, and the extremity of her behavior are certainly nothing to scoff at!!! I worry that she may have become a less interesting character with this development; something like being primarily relegated to humor, but regardless, her screen presence is at an all-time high! Going from girly and lovestruck to psychotic and sadistic with seemingly no control as we saw her own behaviour go against her thoughts, seeing her cry from her third eye and freak out, and above all else, do the tsundere schtick as on the nose of possible with phrases like “S-so it’s not like I came all the way to stop her because i didn’t want you to die, Sanji…” Sanji has broken her, Pudding has become an impulsive ball of uncontrollable emotions, in like I'm saying, perhaps it will not be as interesting as her previous role as a slow burn conflicted character, but it is certainly incredibly funny and enjoyable. With that Sanji joined up with the cake making squad and got out of there!!

I am curious how Big Mom would follow them through the water though, she could take Zeus, but if they distracted him then I would assume water would still lead to her drowning, so I admit that I found that kind of odd. With Kaido not knowing how to kill himself and an easy solution being some devil fruits; which he should have plenty of, and/or water, maybe emperors break the rules, cholololol.
Jul 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Jun 2016
I guess there were three major points of interest this episode. The first was the mission to reclaim the Sunny! Brook and Chopper are already an adorable duo so seeing their synergy is nice, and Brook continues to be the coolest skeleton around so that's also quite nice. In fact, while watching the scene it hit me that Brook basically has circumstantial conqueror's haki. His soul manipulating abilities allow for him to zap the consciousness out of the lesser minions, exactly what conquerors can do too! It's a nice way to give him a temporary buff, to me it didn't feel cheap, and it gives him a stronger basis for being one of the cornerstones of this arc! That said, with the fearlessness of Brook and Chopper in fighting for the ship; showing their gratitude for their friends with action also echoed by Chiffon, this does feel more like they are buying time and defeating the lesser opponents, I would love to see them to a number on Perospero and Katakuri, but we all know Luffy will be the one to finally handle the jelly bean man at the very least.

As for Chiffon’s decision to help Pudding... All the way back when the meeting with Bege began and Nami befriended Chiffon, I realized a seed of loyalty had been sown. That of Chiffon being indebted to Nami, something that I assumed would drive a fork between Bege, who didn’t have any such obligation, and Chiffon. This difference in loyalty within the Bege family has finally grown into a flower and the way that it is influencing the story is by, assumedly, forcing the Fire Tank pirates into a position of helping the Straw Hats once again. They love their mama, you saw how everybody refused to leave her behind, and if they want to help her, they in turn have to help the Straw Hats. It's a simple but effective method to set up character motivation later down the line. Other aspects of the scene I wanted to mention: Seeing Vito as the stand-in mother was just totally adorable and another reason for me to love this bloodthirsty and geeky criminal. Seeing Pez smile at his mom as she was suggesting she could die on this mission was really bittersweet, and the whole decision of Chiffon deciding to risk her life reminded me of Lola’s willingness to burn with her saviors, and it let me know why Bege may have fallen in love with this woman.

The third is the most pressing point of interest, Pudding’s transformation. She's not the first tsundere to grace us with their presence, Galdino and Perona are both high in my ranks as some of my favourite characters in the franchise. However, the way she has gotten to this point, and the extremity of her behavior are certainly nothing to scoff at!!! I worry that she may have become a less interesting character with this development; something like being primarily relegated to humor, but regardless, her screen presence is at an all-time high! Going from girly and lovestruck to psychotic and sadistic with seemingly no control as we saw her own behaviour go against her thoughts, seeing her cry from her third eye and freak out, and above all else, do the tsundere schtick as on the nose of possible with phrases like “S-so it’s not like I came all the way to stop her because i didn’t want you to die, Sanji…” Sanji has broken her, Pudding has become an impulsive ball of uncontrollable emotions, in like I'm saying, perhaps it will not be as interesting as her previous role as a slow burn conflicted character, but it is certainly incredibly funny and enjoyable. With that Sanji joined up with the cake making squad and got out of there!!

I am curious how Big Mom would follow them through the water though, she could take Zeus, but if they distracted him then I would assume water would still lead to her drowning, so I admit that I found that kind of odd. With Kaido not knowing how to kill himself and an easy solution being some devil fruits; which he should have plenty of, and/or water, maybe emperors break the rules, cholololol.
May 17, 2021 4:31 AM

May 2017
Hahaha I love Puddings bipolar character. It's so funny seeing typical Sanji reactions on her, while he stays calm and cool. It's also nice to see that she is not the evil Monster people said she is. I mean with a mother such as Linlin it is a miracle to NOT turn out crazy.
Aug 11, 2021 10:42 AM

Sep 2015
Soul king has been rocking out at this arc! Katakuri is the type of guy that never jumps in conclusion about everything, he always expects the unexpected, unlike the soldiers and families that keep on jumping in conclusion that "straw hats died". It really shows that he is not naive, really experienced, and smart while showing his formidable appearance.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 23, 2021 8:05 AM

Jun 2019
Pudding is seriously in love with Sanji but she can't admit it. LOL
Sep 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Aug 2021
Pudding looked so cute when she said Sanji-san and blushed :D
Dec 28, 2021 8:57 AM

May 2016
I really need to see Brook fight more often! It's already pretty cool that he can instantly defeat enemies with one slash but I like his longer fights a lot better~

Pudding's turned into a rather creepy tsundere but I'm surprisingly all for it. Even with her making absolutely grotesque faces, I find her to be absolutely adorable in the strangest way possible.

Sanji's heart must've stopped for a second when he narrowly dodged the Ikoku Sovereignty lmao

Apr 23, 2022 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
Those Nami jiggle physics...goodness. XD
Jun 2, 2022 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
pudding is in love with sanji but she isn't honest with herself she's a tsundere and I ship sanji and pudding

pudding's shifting personalities are really fun to watch and brook was really cool and I wanna see luffy in action
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:11 AM
Oct 12, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2019
Sanji gonna bake cake, very good ^_^
Oct 12, 2022 7:07 PM

Jul 2019
LucTheSlug said:
Sanji gonna bake cake, very good ^_^
dub watcher as well?
Aug 24, 2023 2:43 PM
Jun 2020
You'd never believe what happened if you did not see it yourself. I will share this only once:

Big mom and her crew are trying their best to catch the straw hat pirates. But to no avail! Big mom was struck by a massive thunderbolt that even spiraled out of control because of the great amount of electricity. Nami, I love you!

This will be one for the history books. Guys, see you next time.
Feb 28, 10:02 PM
Oct 2019
I'm worried about Chopper and Brook because Katakuri is on the ship.

WTF Pudding is a Tsundere now, not only that but her personality is like a rollercoaster LMAO
She actually falling in love with Sanji.
davidyodo24Feb 28, 10:15 PM
Apr 28, 4:55 PM
Feb 2022
Pudding is officially broken after her wedding with Sanji. I hope to see more of this rollercoaster of emotions.

Spanish translation:
Pudding está oficialmente rota después de la boda con Sanji. Espero ver más de está montaña rusa de emociones.
Jun 20, 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
Borderline Pudding Disorder, Chiffon MVP

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

19 by Reckless_weeb »»
43 minutes ago

» Generation xerox

28012001 - 54 minutes ago

0 by 28012001 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

48 by Atlas77 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1097 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 16

49 by Atlas77 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 696 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babymilo91 - Jun 6, 2015

68 by GT1Studios »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.