Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 696 Discussion

Jun 6, 2015 7:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyros able to save Rebecca in time. Luffy and Law are closer to Doflamingo and looks like Sugar is going to have her revenge.

Jun 6, 2015 7:54 PM

Law is finally out of his cuffs! Waited for this moment. And Usopp will have to snipe Sugar down.

Jun 6, 2015 8:05 PM

yeah law back in action waited for this :D

Jun 6, 2015 8:12 PM

Finally they reached to palace and Law's handcuffs are off.
Nice to see the reunion of Rebecca & Kyros.
And then Sugar's revenge but Usopp will have his spotlight next episode. Can't wait. ^^

Jun 6, 2015 8:29 PM
Hahaha! that moment when law teleported them i thought Mr.Popo made a cameo

Jun 6, 2015 9:24 PM

Room!

Jun 6, 2015 9:45 PM

[b][i][size=125]Finally they reached the Palace, and Law is out of his cuffs :D[/b][/i][/size]

Jun 6, 2015 9:46 PM

Sugar's face was kinda creepy in the end. That room was expected but still awesome :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 6, 2015 10:02 PM

So much hype for next episode!

Kyros just continues being badass :3

Jun 6, 2015 10:32 PM

Rebecca: lucy will you destroy doflamingo ?

luffy: yeah after 100 episode !!!

WTH with these slow episodes !!!!

Jun 6, 2015 10:44 PM
So I'm guessing this episode was specially slow because the manga is getting a break this week.
I liked this one. Is it me or the animation and styling over all has gotten better? This episode looked decent in comparison to the other ones from the past month.
However, the pace... well, we could do without all the recaps but it's going veeeery slow.
Will we see the awesomeness of God Usopp next week? Finally? *0* That preview got my hopes high

Jun 6, 2015 11:24 PM

YES.
I'm really enjoying these episodes, the art and animation are actually good! I can go through slow pacing if it's always like this.

I loved the fight between Kyros and Dismante and Rebeeca being able to give Luffy the key was good.
Can't wait for god Ussop next episode!! :D

Jun 6, 2015 11:41 PM

It was an nice episode if you make an comparison with the last ones. I just can't understand how Kyros is that fast with only one leg, he's just unstoppable! My hope for the next episode is that "Usoland" miss that little cute toy maker and Law start breaking some bones.

One piece don't copy Naruto, show us Flamingo dead.

Now i have a Signature.
◄◄◄- but you still need to look there

Jun 6, 2015 11:43 PM

Finally Law is free. Next episode looks like its going to be intense.

Jun 7, 2015 12:07 AM

It hurts to see how dragged these episode are. I really love Dressrosa arc, but the pacing has to ruin everything. 3 minutes of action happened in 20 minutes. At least law is now free.
Modified by PotatoFlare, Jun 7, 2015 12:10 AM

Jun 7, 2015 3:23 AM

I hope the batlle with Doffy will be worth it. It better be. This arc just doesn't want to end. Even when the story is moving, it feels like it doesn't.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai

Jun 7, 2015 3:41 AM

I am more than satisfied, not only Luffy did go up the stairs in only one episode but he also managed to reach the castle. AND LAW IS FREE. That is a huge progress XD
Also Rebecca meeting her father and the father is opposing Diamantee, scarlet's killer. Way to go Kyros, you can kill Diamantee, get your revenge.

Looks like Usopp's shining time is coming next episode, I hope he can get rid of Sugar forever, but I guess that is to much to ask.

Jun 7, 2015 4:47 AM

Law is free.... yaaay

Jun 7, 2015 4:49 AM

Steven15ify said:
I hope the batlle with Doffy will be worth it. It better be. This arc just doesn't want to end. Even when the story is moving, it feels like it doesn't.

be aware it takes still much much longer tthen you might guess from here on out ;D

Jun 7, 2015 6:35 AM

Very ok ep. The reunion between Rebecca and Hetai-san (Kyros) weren't that tochy and feels. But it had some few. What else is that the fight between Kyros and Diamante were so short, but very intense. I hope we could have seen more. But knowing how this work, I bet they have planned to save it for a couple of ep.

LOL, gotto usopp is gonna do it again. Hahah, sniper king is gonan shot that cute loli bit*h down again. Well, this is gonna be exciting. Very funny. LOL

PS: Sugar blushing were actually very cute. *-*

Jun 7, 2015 6:37 AM

Rurushu88 said:
Rebecca: lucy will you destroy doflamingo ?

luffy: yeah after 100 episode !!!

WTH with these slow episodes !!!!

hahah, so true. this is the pace of op. With this pace I bet Dressrosa arc will be 100+ ep.

Jun 7, 2015 6:39 AM

AfroStriker said:
It was an nice episode if you make an comparison with the last ones. I just can't understand how Kyros is that fast with only one leg, he's just unstoppable! My hope for the next episode is that "Usoland" miss that little cute toy maker and Law start breaking some bones.

One piece don't copy Naruto, show us Flamingo dead.

well, they aren't following naruto. naruto have tons of fillers. op have longer extended ep, with half canon and half "filler". this gives the sereis a lot less filler arc that is very positive, but at the same time very boring. until you see something you have to wait 4-5 month. -.-

Jun 7, 2015 8:47 AM

I'm just relieved it didn't take 10 episodes to get up those stairs.

The Kyros/Rebecca reunion felt oddly flat.

Loved Luffy's answer to Rebecca and Law's little smirk.

Not sure why the episode's building up the threat of Sugar. Law knows who she is and can chop her up into pieces from a distance now that he's out of the cuffs, right?

Now if it were just Luffy, yeah, I would just assume he would get turned into a toy.

Jun 7, 2015 11:11 AM

That was one hell of an episode!
Law is finally back in action and Rebecca finally gets to meet her father!
But shit, Sugar is approaching and we saw a toy Luffy in the preview :/
I hope everything turns out fine.

Jun 7, 2015 2:54 PM

The animation/art in these past episodes has been great, I still feel like they are drawing things out way too much though, fights which should be finished in a couple of episodes are being split up and strewn across 7 or 8. once this arc is done they should just put the anime on hold for 3-6 months, to give the manga room to continue.

Jun 7, 2015 8:44 PM
Teufel said:

Not sure why the episode's building up the threat of Sugar. Law knows who she is and can chop her up into pieces from a distance now that he's out of the cuffs, right?

No, Law doesnt know who Sugar is

Jun 7, 2015 10:11 PM
This episode actually managed to get a decent amount of plot through, very nice. Hopefully it'll speed up a bit more as the arc comes to a close in the manga.

Jun 8, 2015 2:58 AM

Yay next week, the shot heard around the world!

Jun 8, 2015 3:19 AM

Hakaya said:
I am more than satisfied, not only Luffy did go up the stairs in only one episode but he also managed to reach the castle. AND LAW IS FREE. That is a huge progress XD
Also Rebecca meeting her father and the father is opposing Diamantee, scarlet's killer. Way to go Kyros, you can kill Diamantee, get your revenge.

Looks like Usopp's shining time is coming next episode, I hope he can get rid of Sugar forever, but I guess that is to much to ask.

Yes this is exactly how I feel as well.

Except for the last part :3
I don't wanna spoil anything, but next episode should be good :D

Jun 8, 2015 7:29 PM

The animation has improved these last two episodes. :D

Jun 9, 2015 3:26 AM

The annoying brat is back to action again.

Jun 9, 2015 5:26 AM
Goddamn, One Piece sure knows how to tug at the heart strings ;_;

The preview of the next episode looked cool. Looks like Usopp might be saving the day again!

Jun 9, 2015 1:28 PM

I dropped the anime in hazard punk because the quality was really bad.
Sometimes i download a episode to see how the animation is going, and i have been really disapointed until i watched this one!

If all the episodes of OP had this much quality :
- Rebecca meets Diamont, and the close-up in his face : AWESOME!
- Kyros fights diamont : GOOD!
- Even when Luffy have to jump to grab the key: OK!

I really would give a fuck about the super slow pace, if the episodes had half the time of 24min this type of quality.

Does anyone know who animated those parts? =D

Jun 10, 2015 4:48 AM

I loved the second half, the Law's part, the Luffy & Sugar interaction, and Sugar coming back! Next episode will be the bomb.

By the way, Kyros climbed up those stairs faster than Luffy. Props.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jun 10, 2015 5:56 AM

Still dragging, but this one felt a little faster than the last. It's a small improvement, but an improvement still! I hope they pick up the pace a bit more, though.
Can't wait for the next episode with God Usopp and find out if Law really doesn't know Sugar.

Jun 10, 2015 9:19 PM
This episode was well done. The pace felt very quick, and I enjoyed some of the suspenseful moments.

On a side, There seems to have been an animation improvement, I felt the scenes were quite well put together. The action and fight sequences were smooth and consistent.

Nice change. Good Episode.

Jun 10, 2015 10:57 PM
Meow~

I should really stop watching episode previews, thanks to the one at the end of this episodes I feel like I can skip 697 and still know exactly what's happened :

Jun 13, 2015 4:09 AM

Finally decided to catch up on over 5 months of One Piece by watching episode 675 to now within a few days. The pace started improving a bit at first, but soon after it slowed back down with pointlessly dragged out scenes.

Honestly, Dressrosa is being destroyed piece by piece and people are murdering each other in the streets against their will, yet the strawhats are dealing with this with a startling lack of urgency. And that's not even the fault of the pace. Zoro is basically toying with Pica and Franky has apparently given up fighting completely for a dance off. Then again, with the exception of Doflamingo and Sugar, these villains have been some of the least intimidating in the series imo. Sorry for the mini rant, but I just watched 21 eps hoping for a lot more and while it's had its highlights, I'm really just wishing for this arc to be over.

Jun 13, 2015 11:51 AM

The next episode seems awesome. This one was decent.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Jun 29, 2015 8:43 AM

What could possibly happen next episode? After this preview which spoils absolutely nothing I just can't say! [/irony]

Jul 3, 2015 8:07 PM
................How did Luffy remove those handcuffs?

I'm not upset or anything. I've been waiting forever for Trafalgar to get back in the fight. But didn't Luffy and Violet just make a big scene because neither of them were able to unlock Trafalgar's handcuffs because both of them are Devil Fruit Eaters? That was when they were both incredibly stationary and not in the stomach of some fake Hampnie Hambart.....and it wasn't dark. I was under the impression that Rebecca was going to have to remove the handcuffs since Luffy can't touch Sea Prism. Oh well. I accept it because, Trafalgar.

Jul 5, 2015 2:00 AM

slow pacing and goddamn those overly reused flashback scenes.. dammit and Rececca sounds like a grandma.. well sometimes especially in her monologues

Jul 27, 2015 11:57 PM

Finally Law leveled-up from a sack of potatoes to a devil fruit user! LOL

I sympathize for Sugar, I really do but she needs to go down! Bwahahaha!
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Aug 11, 2015 8:37 AM

Took them long enough ... Law's finally out of his cuffs.
Wonder how long the fight with Sugar is going to take.

Sep 26, 2015 4:15 AM

sugar sucks

Oct 3, 2015 11:49 AM

kyros vs diamante
and sugar back

Jan 1, 2016 1:24 PM

Dayum luffy will turn into a toy?!?!

Jul 20, 2016 1:18 PM
good liked the Kyros apparition,good fight.
Finally Trafalgar is free,because rebecca finally handed the key.
Uou suggar very bad girl.But wait great moment for usopp next episode.

Aug 11, 2016 9:50 PM

Long time coming but Law is finally free to kick ass again!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Aug 18, 2016 1:25 PM

lol..... calm yo ass down, Rebecca. Luffy's gotten swallowed up by a giant snake before. This nutcracker don't even gots a digestive system. You're overreacting.

And stop asking Luffy dumb questions. He has Doffy's ass to kick >__> you're wasting his time AND our time

Pages (2) [1] 2 »