Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2018 2:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that poor kid.

I'm starting to think this arc is trying to go for an emotional route for the main series' storytelling. Soulburner vs Go did live up to my expectations so far although I think the duels will get even more intense from now on. What a counterattack..! Emerald Overload!
Stark700May 16, 2018 4:09 AM
May 16, 2018 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
Soulburner lost more than anyone after the Lost Incident, poor kid.
I want the "real" Onizuka to be back, the new one is annoying.
May 16, 2018 8:28 AM

May 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Soulburner lost more than anyone after the Lost Incident, poor kid.
I want the "real" Onizuka to be back, the new one is annoying.

The old one was more annoying than the newer one, he atleast can be serious this time, first Onizuka was nothing more than cringe imo
May 16, 2018 8:39 AM
Sep 2012
Well we learn more about this guy's backstory. So dead parents, it is not original, still very sad. The duel concludes, and Go shows he still has some honor in not wanting outside help.

Well he won, he helped Yusaku, I wonder if we are going to see that friend of his again, you know the girl.

So next opponent, is a mask man, I wonder if it is anyone we seen before.
May 16, 2018 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
this is literally the PTSD arc
May 16, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode. Soulburner's backstory was sad.

I love how they put a probable love interest for him, it's like if they told the fujoshis to shut it up xD
Zaizen's assistant slowly becoming a yandere.
May 16, 2018 1:59 PM
Apr 2013
I just don't get burning draw as an ability. You waste pretty much all your life points and you don't even get to select the cards you want.
May 17, 2018 6:50 AM

Sep 2015
Deathsaurus said:
I just don't get burning draw as an ability. You waste pretty much all your life points and you don't even get to select the cards you want.

He said he draws one card for each 1000 LP paid, so if he had something like 8100 LP, he could have draw 8 cards and not just one like he did. Of course if your LP are 8000+ you probably don't need such drastic draw but it's a versatile skill.
May 18, 2018 7:31 AM

May 2016
shiro_kai said:
Deathsaurus said:

He said he draws one card for each 1000 LP paid, so if he had something like 8100 LP, he could have draw 8 cards and not just one like he did. Of course if your LP are 8000+ you probably don't need such drastic draw but it's a versatile skill.

Seems like a pretty broken skill if ya ask me
May 18, 2018 7:41 AM

Sep 2015
Helios92 said:
shiro_kai said:

Seems like a pretty broken skill if ya ask me

This together with Playmaker skill, which need to be 1000 or less LP to be activated, in a tag duel will be even more.
May 18, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
inb4 Soulburner has fake memory and his parents were killed or something.

I still don't buy he's a good guy.

May 18, 2018 11:54 PM

May 2014
The best thing about this episode was the GISHKI SHOKAN
And the symbolism of the emerald.
The backstory was a bit surprising too, so that was neat.

I liked that, other than that the art was very lackluster and the duel was pretty typically "Eh"
Go needs some real development, I don't like where he's been going since episode 1..

The OP and ED are still magnificent and I love them.

May 19, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
I dont like Onizuka at the beginning. And now i'm even hate him more. It's too boring when i must hear his stupid story.
May 23, 2018 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
Homura's life sucks but he sticks through it with a smile whilst Go is an overprivileged dipshit whose buttmad he's not getting attention for failing miserably to save anyone.

KaiserNazrin said:
inb4 Soulburner has fake memory and his parents were killed or something.

I still don't buy he's a good guy.
I think soulburners pretty solidified as a good guy by this point, they'd need to pull some seriously wtf tier stuff to make him turn. His memories being fake are possible though.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 28, 2019 2:07 AM

Dec 2012
Dat flashback. Where's his parents?
Hayami not respecting the rules of a duel.
Look at Hayami's evil face.
Go saved Soulburner.
Soulburner eyelashes looking thick.
Dat flashback. Kiku is cute.
Ironman chest.
Dat flashback. His parents died.
Burning draw!
Gishiki?
Soulburner wins.
Playmaker.
Blood Shepherd found Playmaker.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 108 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

9 by Rob »»
Yesterday, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 98 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 5, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
May 29, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
May 28, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.