Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that was a tense episode. The first half really had its moments with the students. I do kinda like how Inaba kept his cool and tried to figure things out with his mental skills though.

As for the episode itself, I think Chiaki made a strong impression of himself.

The teacher/students drama really reached to new heights regarding behavior.
Stark700Nov 27, 2017 9:17 AM
Nov 27, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
In this episode, Chiaki showed the school a different side of him. He got very upset when a student cheated on a test with a cell phone. The students were very surprised. A general assembly was held and things got intense. Inaba came up with a quick solution to quiet things down. It got resolved at the end, but some students still feel indifferent about Chiaki.
Nov 27, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Chiaki getting angry at the student betraying his trust, general assembly and the students are easily swayed.
Aoki ruining things and some students hate chiaki now.
Nov 27, 2017 10:21 AM
Sep 2015
I'm on MAL for quite a long time and still don't get why retelling a story is the most popular type of comment.
Nov 27, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
the episode got intense fast... I was not expecting it... well with four episodes left...it still seems nothing is resolved...hmm
Nov 27, 2017 11:54 AM
Jun 2016
BOOOOO!!!! 1/5, well 5/5 for the episode itself, 1/5 for crushing 100% the two duality theories I had hehe :>
Nov 27, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
Yet another episode to repeat the same philosophy about life and society, with a different situation. Really aren't they tired of it ?
Nov 27, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, that's what they got for betraying "Trust". But surely it's not gonna move smoothly since the "Orleans' Maid" trying to oppose him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 28, 2017 12:04 AM

May 2017
lol that was interesting assembly and quite hilarious only to get cringy the moment it turned into bargaining

And I knew it, from the looks of the preview, Chiaki would end up being the one possessed since the start of the 2nd cour

Tbh that trio girls around inaba are the only interesting characters since they appear in the show
Nov 28, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2016
Damm how those student was behaving in assembly was so annoying , they dont even respect their teachers
BRAWLERS
Nov 28, 2017 2:04 AM

Oct 2012
It's official
I really hate Aoki-sensei now
Before she's just annoying.. but this... no
I don't know but students shouting at formal assembly.. It's not normal and annoying

A month? Oh wow.. It's still Chiaki-sensei's win xD
"Shat de doa in the fais" nice engrish
Yep... That's what I thought.. Chiaki-sensei is a strategist

Well that's people for you, never not disappointing with their hate thoughts
"Signature removed"
Nov 28, 2017 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
Chiaki and Kamiya for the saving of the day along with Inaba's help.

Judging from the preview something big will happen next week.

Nov 28, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2007
I think I just got culture shocked here. I didn't get this episode at all, why were they making such a fuss about someone cheating? How does taking away some kid's phone for a month benefit anybody? Why is Chiaki acting like he's their dad? Why did the student council president have to apologise for something she didn't do? Why is punishing the whole student body ok?

It just felt weird.
Nov 28, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2017
Kiraly said:
I think I just got culture shocked here. I didn't get this episode at all, why were they making such a fuss about someone cheating? How does taking away some kid's phone for a month benefit anybody? Why is Chiaki acting like he's their dad? Why did the student council president have to apologise for something she didn't do? Why is punishing the whole student body ok?

It just felt weird.

I agree, as a European this would not have played out that way in my old school.

I think group punishments and leaders being responsible for their subordinates is a much more common and accepted thing in Japanese culture. For example in episode 18 of Youkai Apartment the new guys at the moving company that Yushi works at make a mistake and both Yushi and their supervisor are the ones apologizing for it.
Nov 28, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
I thought it is a standard that smarphones for students must be alaways kept inside their locker cabinets? just like workplace offices? (cuz there are some offices that smartphones are not allowed if you know what i mean)
4/5.

Nov 29, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2016
This is what happens when you abused a very good person like Chiaki-sensei. He's like the coolest teacher, but they took his kindness for granted, so I'm on his side throughout the time. But let me just bring up that I'm against with the limitations in using mobile phones because how about emergency? Like your parents are calling you over an emergency. I swear this type of rules concerning mobile phones are ridiculous. Allow them, but tell them to put it on silent mode, or once someone's calling them, let the students show them who they're talking to for proof or whatnot.

This episode made me realize how much I fucking hate the guts of that Haruka-sensei. Humiliating my Chiaki on stage. Fuck her! She can choke!

Glad Kamiya and Chiaki-sensei managed to get through this, but Chiaki gained haters in the school. Heck, haters gonna hate. Lmao.

CHIAKI-SENSEI, DAISUKI! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Sep 2011
This felt like a poorly executed episode. It wasn't nearly as subtle as the others and it felt overly preachy.
Dec 1, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2015
26 episodes??¿¿ i was hoping to hold on for maybe two more, nah. i'm dropping it.
this show could have been brilliant IF it in fact featured youkais and magic, but all I see is school drama. took this long, but now my patience says bye bye.
neko_colaDec 1, 2017 1:34 PM
Dec 3, 2017 6:26 PM

Mar 2009
phantomfandom said:
I'm on MAL for quite a long time and still don't get why retelling a story is the most popular type of comment.

I don't know. There's never much discussion to be had on MAL. Unless it's just people arguing back and forth, of course.

Shirasho said:
This felt like a poorly executed episode. It wasn't nearly as subtle as the others and it felt overly preachy.

Unfortunately, that's basically been the entire second-half of the show. It can be very preachy and silly. Like @neko_cola said, it's barely even about the youkai. The title of the show should be "Not-so-elegant school life."
Dec 4, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
Chiaki showed a different side in this episode.

Aoki-sensei is still annoying.

Dec 4, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
Kiraly said:

It just felt weird.

1 month for recidivist cheaters is extremely lenient. Cheating IS a big deal unless you are the son of a big name in a corrupted country, so hopefully you're culture shocked from your other remarks rather than from this.
Jan 5, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
matias067 said:
I thought it is a standard that smarphones for students must be alaways kept inside their locker cabinets? just like workplace offices? (cuz there are some offices that smartphones are not allowed if you know what i mean)
4/5.

Is it? We keep them on our desk at work and at school a decade ago we had to keep them in our bags, otherwise it was ok.

Beatrice-KF said:

1 month for recidivist cheaters is extremely lenient. Cheating IS a big deal unless you are the son of a big name in a corrupted country, so hopefully you're culture shocked from your other remarks rather than from this.

All of it really. I'm from a country where cheating is not seen as a big deal.
Jan 6, 2018 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Kiraly said:

You really have no punishments for cheating at big exams (those where you get a real diploma) ? Here in France, you're banned from taking further exams or even enter an university, up to 5 years. Now think about it. Do you want to get your belly opened by a surgeon who cheated his exams ? Do you want to live in a house whose carpenter cheated his exams ? Do you want your ambassadors screwing up and trigger a war against another country because they cheated their exams ? No you don't, and unfortunately some of them are here around you, and they replace someone who would do the job better but failed some kind of selection at some point.
Now, it's not like they had such a big exam in this anime, but here you go. Better teach them it's a big deal before they think about doing it when we don't want them to.
Jan 12, 2018 12:53 PM

Sep 2007
Beatrice-KF said:
Kiraly said:

You really have no punishments for cheating at big exams (those where you get a real diploma) ? Here in France, you're banned from taking further exams or even enter an university, up to 5 years. Now think about it. Do you want to get your belly opened by a surgeon who cheated his exams ? Do you want to live in a house whose carpenter cheated his exams ? Do you want your ambassadors screwing up and trigger a war against another country because they cheated their exams ? No you don't, and unfortunately some of them are here around you, and they replace someone who would do the job better but failed some kind of selection at some point.
Now, it's not like they had such a big exam in this anime, but here you go. Better teach them it's a big deal before they think about doing it when we don't want them to.

Two lessons I learned as a working adult are that 90% of people suck at their job and your school performance really, really doesn't translate to job performance. A lot of what you take tests on is random bullshit and busywork. I really don't care if my cardiologist cheated in his neurology class or even failed some random other class unrelated to his specialization, and his highschool results interest me even less.

I used to think differently, but I consistently see people performing great at jobs they never studied for and failing at jobs they did study for. I'm in tech support, of my higher-level colleagues, between the dude with several certifications and experience as a sys admin, a girl who studied comp sci and has years of experience doing this job, and a girl who studied germanology or some bull topic like that and climbed up the job ladder after swearing up and down that she can't into tech, the most technically capable one is the germanology girl just out of sheer bull-headedness and intellectual curiosity.

Schooling matters, but a lot less than students and people involved in academia think.

Mar 31, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2017
Chiaki had every right to be mad. He gave his students the freedom with their smartphones and did they do? They betrayed his trust. Of course he would get mad if a student is cheating with their phone during a test. What did they expect?! He takes his job as a teacher seriously.

Aoki is just so damn annoying. God, both her and Yamamoto.
Sep 9, 2018 10:50 PM

May 2012
A bit of a slow episode but well let's see what's next.
Jan 4, 2022 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
That was awkward. This whole Chiaki vs. Aoki was pretty silly and poorly executed.

All this school drama in a series like this is just too much.
Apr 12, 2023 7:04 PM

Sep 2018
Not a fan of the whole Japanese mentality of if one person does something wrong the whole group is to blame and must be punished. Something I never really understood, and really I thought was a dated mentality, but maybe I am wrong. That being said though I'm kinda getting tired of this show, it was a mess to begin with but it was somewhat enjoyable at first, but ever since about half way through it's become this preachy morality lesson thing and it's getting old. I also kinda hate that he's given this magical book and he's trained himself to use it better yet the show barely ever puts it to use other than very minor plot points. Also what happened to this being a supernatural slice of life show, at this point it's just a poorly written high school drama used to push the author's (or maybe the anime producer's, not sure how close this is sticking to the source meterial) personal ideals...
KristiwazhereApr 12, 2023 7:16 PM
Sep 22, 3:38 AM
Dec 2022
The midterms exams are here. One student was caught cheating using the smartphone making Chiaki sensei very mad. So a resolution needed to be found to resolve the smartphone issue at school. Not everyone is happy with how things were handled.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2017

42 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

27 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

22 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2017

19 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

14 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 22, 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.