Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2017 7:09 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that cliffhanger...i heard they changed this episode from the novel.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 26, 2017 3:08 AM
Aug 2016
yes their squad captain also has not dies and many lot of things are changed in the whole series

my view is reading novel was more entertaining than anime series (season 2) due to pictures were like some street draw animation.
Nov 26, 2017 7:24 AM
May 2015
This whole season was quite bad. I felt like animation was much worse than season 1, despite it being rusty anyway. Chinese people really need to work up on their animation and budget. First season was like 7/10 for me in it's genre, however second season was like 4/10 or 3/10, superbly bad. I rated it 5/10 only because I enjoyed season 1. I hope there won't be season 3, this series do not deserve to be wasting any more money on.
Nov 26, 2017 7:35 AM
Sep 2016
Is the season actually over. Cause I mean on the web it says the season was supposed to be 14 episodes long.
Nov 26, 2017 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
The last couple of episodes were pretty slow and how they ended it was bad but overall it was okay.
Nov 26, 2017 3:07 PM
Sep 2017
The 1st season was good, the 2nd season was trash
Nov 27, 2017 8:39 PM
Nov 2012
Is this the last episode of the season?
Nov 28, 2017 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
dafckingman said:

Yep it should be.

Still surprised at the ending where they were joking about their producers and storywriter instead of actually fixing shit.
Dec 1, 2017 5:34 AM

May 2010
Starfola said:
dafckingman said:

Yep it should be.

Still surprised at the ending where they were joking about their producers and storywriter instead of actually fixing shit.

Yeah they were very open and honest on that...I was surprised too.
Dec 3, 2017 8:56 AM
Jul 2015
So will there be a season 3 then?
Dec 5, 2017 9:43 PM
Mar 2017
Starfola said:
dafckingman said:

Yep it should be.

why is MAL showing it "currently airing"??
Dec 5, 2017 11:47 PM

Feb 2014
Spiral_Rex777 said:
Starfola said:

Yep it should be.

Tbh I'm not 100% sure but since it's a Chinese anime I doubt MAL keeps up with it. but with the last episode they made it clear that it was the finale episode.
Dec 6, 2017 3:19 AM

May 2010
Starfola said:
Spiral_Rex777 said:

Tbh I'm not 100% sure but since it's a Chinese anime I doubt MAL keeps up with it. but with the last episode they made it clear that it was the finale episode.

It took MAL like 3-4 episodes of season 2 to have a separate page for season 2, so...I am not surprised.
Dec 9, 2017 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Did they actually run out of budget or something? Seems like this season was very lacking and they cut a lot of corners especially in the animation (yet the Chibi looks really nice lol). I really enjoyed season 1 but it took a very drastic turn since then. I would watch a season 3 and more if they are planning/will adapt more of the novel, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped here, cliffhanger or not. Obviously, more anime is better, but it doesn't look like this will do well unless someone who knows more about this can chime in and tell us about the current situation with the animation.
Dec 10, 2017 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
This ending was so open, and the whole episode so predictable.. I'm disappointed with this anime that could have been so much more that it was..
I don't doubt that they will not continue the anime after that, and to tell the truth I don't care much more, I can't see a good continuation after this.
pissolatiDec 10, 2017 2:55 PM
Dec 22, 2017 7:59 AM
Dec 2009
bosswoman3 said:

Dios I hope not....
Dec 22, 2017 4:01 PM
Jul 2015
yue5000 said:
bosswoman3 said:

Dios I hope not....
I just want to see how strong this guy is going to get after having the water inside him for so long.
Dec 23, 2017 7:55 PM
Dec 2009
bosswoman3 said:
yue5000 said:

Dios I hope not....
I just want to see how strong this guy is going to get after having the water inside him for so long.

I think we'll be better off catching up with the light novel lol xD
Season 1 >>> season 2
Jan 1, 2018 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
I am waiting for 3rd season come on now and I liked it but I agree 1st season was better but still good 2nd season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2018 12:40 AM
Mar 2017
Renaultclio101 said:
I am waiting for 3rd season come on now and I liked it but I agree 1st season was better but still good 2nd season

Yep better than nothing...... still s2 gave me "high school of the dead" vibes.... so I kind of liked it but s1 was way better..

Hope there will be a s3....... :)
Jan 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
Spiral_Rex777 said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Yep better than nothing...... still s2 gave me "high school of the dead" vibes.... so I kind of liked it but s1 was way better..

Hope there will be a s3....... :)

I dont know if its true or not but I done some research and it stated 3rd season will be aired October 2018 which similarly to 2nd season around that month (September)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2018 5:28 AM

Sep 2014
One of worst anime sequel I've ever watched. It turns in random genocide story drawn on the knee. What a waste... first season was good.
Sadly I gave it the rare score: 1/10
Jan 18, 2018 9:11 PM
Apr 2017
This show is an underrated gem. I'm hopping for another season and I can't wait to see the me get stronger and I want to see him fight with fellow eloper!
Feb 4, 2018 6:50 PM

Jan 2016
The post credits had a higher production value than the entire series. I'm not convinced they didn't blow their entire budget on that just to tell a very elaborate joke.
Feb 28, 2018 1:47 PM

Oct 2015
This anime was so bad that that I had pinch my self not to fall asleep. Every was worse than the last season, everything was Mo fan and other characters were not given any development or screen time. Like why did they depict Ningxue at the end of the opening song if she wasn't going to partake in the series heavily?

The plot was so bad, like the black order or the guys behind the attack( where the fuck are they?), What the hell happened to the fight between the General and that huge monster. Animation was a disappointment and it was rushed for no apparent reason, if it a reason it was to create a stinking cliffhanger( poorly executed at that). They lacked to create emotion for characters who died, also to cultivate great action and the building hype was bleh. In the end I got nothing from this one.

I was going to give it a 5 but after writing this it's a 4/10 because this was so amateurish and need to go back to the drawing board.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 2, 2018 5:32 PM

Jan 2015
Why am i so ugly, even my mom cant recognize me. AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Even chibi characters admit the season sucked lollzz.
Lol thats true, where was the teacher all this time??? w-what happened? wasnt she super important character in season 1 wtf.
That cliffhanger ending was the worst, why waste all the time in the last episode on making it seem like Sister will join the battle and help him by healing him and then never get into a fight where she contributes anything? Just a waste of time.

Like this season, a waste of time. Gosh i wish i didnt see this season, it made me insecure of my reasoning of having season 1 in favorites for a year.
I was coming into this season and saved it all for this day, i was really excited to see what progression will MC have, what will happen in the story. To see more adorable cute moments with members of his harem xD Cool fights maybe, great magic explanation, well you know everything that season 1 had.

And what did we get in this season instead of it? just continous battle against some monsters who just appeared just like that, shouldnt city be better prepared for assaults such as this? no barriers set, really? WHOLE SEASON dedicated to just one concept that is really forced, the battle against monsters who act as plot-device and in the end got defeated off-screen.... great.....
Off-screen deaths of some seemingly important characters, then more pointless deaths that werent even executed properly. There werent even any emotions in any classmates or teacher, thanks 200 yen production value.

Im not even talkin about crappy animation or art which is important in a shonen for a great experience during fights (look at bnha, imagine it with THIS animation)

I really liked characters in the first season, and this season? they dont even act normally like they used to. Even grey-haired girl admitted that she was acting out of her cold characters and went for an embrace.

Whatever im hoping season 3 will be better, as of now i have no idea how to rate it. Its absolutely terrible compared to first season, but i still love first season, and the anim isnt that bad on its own. Im thinking between 4, 5 and 6, but i cant decide honestly...
Sep 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
wtf I regret watching this show. First season was flawed but rather enjoyable. Second season was a mess.

First half of this season : Mo Fan's classmates getting slaughtered
Second half of this season : Defense squad fighting back

When I am watching the show, I get the feeling the story is not very well planned out, it's like the mangaka is writing on a whim and it's not good writing. The downfall of this season started with the poor security from the town council, there's literally no competent fighter anywhere despite hyping up the characters so much. They allowed their town to be destroyed so easily, it could've easily been a weekly incident if the magical beasts felt like invading their town. It's literally setting up for Mo Fan to save everyone's ass despite being only a second year student.. this is pathetic. The powerscale balance is so bad in this show.

I really didn't like the fact that the entire show didn't make me feel a dang thing.. people dying? Ok. Classmates dying? Ok. Like, who the hell are these people. The story skipped over a very important portion of character introduction and development between them and the protagonist and skipped right to the climax of the series, sort of. It doesn't help that there's plenty of stupid moments that just make you shake your head in disbelief.

If Mo Fan's sister is a healer, how come there's no healer squad anywhere to be seen? If there's a very effective medical rub that could heal a life threatening wound in a second, why didn't the people stock up more of those? The story introduces new elements but does not apply those into the series. It really shows the lack of planning or story coherency.

This issue is also present in the first season.. but there's not much character interaction between the protagonist Mo Fan and everybody else, not even his bestie, his bestie is pretty much like his underling where his status is below Mo Fan, he's been trying to please Mo Fan for the longest and Mo Fan just takes it for granted. It's sad. But the girls love our heroic protagonist thoughhh, whip out the D amiright?

There's so many things wrong about the show and it's not a good representative of a wuxia story with a pretty OP protagonist. Douluo Dalu is a pretty good read if anyone's interested in protagonist powering up like this series, but better written.

Now I understand how the score is vastly below the first season. Shame, I really like this trope of having a magic school and an OP protagonist, it could've been so good but the story sucks, the characters suck, the action sucks, there's barely any redeeming quality to this show.

edit: forgot to mention that the comedy in this show sucks, the timing and delivery is way off. I actually like the fansubber a lot, the person is funny with the commentary, probably the most enjoyable part about season 2.
ToG25thBaamSep 13, 2018 2:54 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 25, 2019 11:45 PM
Apr 2019
your out of your mind. to say this was bad is absolutly a horrible opinion. where your logic coming from. this anime had alot of wonderful moments and the story line was almost perfect. what it lacked really was a better ending and more information. i mean at the end it just cutt of and there wasnt a very good explanation about the wholes in the ground. they covered one whole but not them all apparently and what about the city? yea it was pretty much toast but since they covered the whole, why cant they take back the city? also we know from the third season, general kong won. but did he die fighting the creatures and what happened with the girl character not getting to fight? it shows her fighting style but we dont get to see it in the show. kinda a let down. Other then alot of questions left over, it wasnt a bad anime. I've watched all seasons multiple times and still enjoy it. bad reviews by haters. lol. all around i give it a 4 out of 5.
Aug 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
So season 2 ends in a cliffhanger, I must say I didn't quite enjoy this season as much as the first one because of all the faults. The only thing I enjoy of this series is the main character is overpowered gimmick, the rest of the character cast feels a bit weak, nobody has a special thing going for them that makes them stand out.

Aug 8, 2020 12:36 AM

Oct 2009
The first half is like watching 6x magicians instead of power ranger shooting rainbow beam at single point lolz
Jan 21, 2021 7:56 PM
Jan 2021
i dont think that its season 2 is really bad. overall is actually good except on the story that they changed from novel. the animation is much much better than the previous season.
Mar 13, 2021 9:13 PM
May 2019
heidokai20 said:
i dont think that its season 2 is really bad. overall is actually good except on the story that they changed from novel. the animation is much much better than the previous season.
anime changed the storyline in season 2 so it looks cringe somehow, such as the girl mu ningxue should be in beijing instead of bo city, and her father only appear in underground holy spring in novel but not the later half in anime where she is saved by her daughter, also the ending about throwing the rock is really cringe, in the novel the team destroy the main tunnel underground so that the mouse cannot come in through the tunnel, not throwing a rock or magic to block the hole lol, no one understand it if you just watch the anime alone and the ending is very confusing in the anime
Nov 17, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 2019
I Don't Know If This Is Bad Acting, Worse Writing Or Awful Animation, Probably All Three.
The Only Redeeming Feature Is It Was A Quick Watch.
Not A Lot Made Any Sense, Jumping Around After Things Have Supposedly Already Happened.
Not Sure If The Sister Is Going To Serve A Better Purpose, Anytime Soon.
Sometimes It Seems They Are Too Close, Just Kiss And Get It Over With.
Again, You Have To Watch The Worst To Get To The Better ( Maybe!! )
On To Season 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Confucius - Oct 6, 2017

6 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 28, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Hinata-chi - Oct 2, 2017

12 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:41 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Tyrel - Sep 22, 2017

9 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:22 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Attykins - Feb 1, 2019

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 28, 2022 9:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Confucius - Nov 3, 2017

8 by bushman66 »»
Nov 17, 2021 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.