Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 22, 2018 10:20 PM
Jun 2014
I can see where people are coming from with thinking this is a bit sudden. We never really got to see Alice improve her interpersonal skills much, while we always got to see how talented she is with the oar. A few more hints of her handling strangers better would have been nice. Still, I think it was the right decision to have her be the first instant Prima.
Apr 6, 2018 4:19 PM

Jun 2010
It was such a nice episode up until Athena took off Alice's second glove. The double promotion didn't feel right to me, especially with how long it takes Akari and Aika to get rid of theirs. I just don't like when they show that natural talent beats hard work, it doesn't feel fair, and it makes Alice look like Mary Sue - she got everything as soon as she graduated from middle school just because she's so talented. So disappointed.
Apr 19, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2016
This was a great ep and the best one so far in my opinion. After all that said, I still like it about the same as The Natural. Hopefully the last 4 eps can change my mind.

I also didn't cry :/
Pixel_VapourApr 19, 2018 6:28 AM
Aug 5, 2019 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
I knew something big was going to happen this episode considering how many replies this episode's thread has compared to the others, and I did suspect it'd be a promotion but I wasn't it to be a double promotion nor for Alice to be the first of the three to become a Prima.
Aug 22, 2019 5:55 PM

Oct 2018
I liked this, great character development, Athena, Akari, and Aika's constant support for Alice really paid off with big dividends, Alice truly had improved and it was strongly established she was a gondolier prodigy. I think that her still attending school was what was holding her back, and at Athena's personal recommendation they made her promotion, a double grade promotion.
MKSTEELAug 22, 2019 6:02 PM
Aug 28, 2019 12:54 AM
Apr 2018
I cried like a baby xD It is my favorite episode so far. To think that I used to dislike this anime and now it's one of my favorite lol
Jan 21, 2020 1:42 AM

Jun 2017
ah, well this episode's obviously Alice's promotion, it's nice watching it even if you see it coming a mile away-...

ah...oh, I see
that was unexpected
Mar 12, 2020 1:31 AM

Jul 2016
I knew that there is something special is gonna happen when i saw familiar canal.
By the way, why Himeya's undine, that leaving the exam gateway, was without gloves?
And... Wow! I didn't expect that... Alice is "prima" undine already?
I mean, i expected her to pass exam and became "single" undine, but... Just wow!
May 7, 2020 4:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice she's a prima now
May 14, 2020 2:08 AM

Mar 2019
Alice suddendly became a prima, very good ending
Jun 5, 2020 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far of Aria with no doubt. It was too obvious Alice will become a Prima Undine in this episode because of the PV at the end of episode 8 but that song scene still hits like a truck, great pay-off for 48 episodes.
removed-userDec 22, 2020 5:59 AM
Jun 16, 2020 5:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
FUCK! ITS TOO FAST! NOO! MY KOHAI GIRL NOW NOT THE KOHAI AGAIN! :(

Really this episode was surprisingly amazing. Such a weird while looking their huge changed. The act from Athena while phoning in the background was pretty strange. Its combine with the way some Himeya Undine Prima (i guessed she just received same ritual like Alice-cwhan before.) out of nowhere said some motivational word to her, in the beginning of the tunnel water, there. Damn, a shocking therapy really deserved.

This is one of the best development of the serialization i've ever seen. And its the huge one. Look at the shocking expression Aika and Akari had while the prosession happen, there. Its really a touchable momentary. I actually thought Akari may be the first Prima. But, i was wrong. The chosen one was Alice-cwhan. She was personally suited well as a perfect Undine. Its obvious from the very first season. She was quite popular. Yet, that promotion really understandable. However, still, its too fast! I can't even said anything.

Damn, really, this season served as the closurement never expect before. The way they did it, with this huge progression really unexpected. But, the time has come. Alice-cwhan highly enough competency to be the first ever as the fastest promotional of Prima by the history of Undine in Aqua. A double promotion in a young age? After her graduation in the middle school? Mark history as the legendary Prima? Damn, so good! I, myself, never had it. I am full of jealousy. But, Alice-cwhan really deserved it! Once again, CONGRATULATIONS, ALICE-CWHAN!

4 episode lefts. Lets see how my feeling shred apart by the prossesion of Akari and Aika. Damn, i can't wait that time! Such a big mistake not watching this when its first airing. But, still, i must respect my precious time. So be it, then. Lets end the whole sweet moments of Aria serialization!
badabassJun 16, 2020 5:50 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 22, 2020 6:40 PM
Oct 2013
rewatch this episode, and I still cry like a baby. definitely best episode of Aria series.

Sep 13, 2020 4:00 AM

Aug 2019
holy shit rank skipping, honestly was surprised when athena went to the other glove to pull both off.
Apr 17, 2021 2:08 PM

Dec 2019
What is this? This episode makes Aria the Origination one of my favorite anime and makes me have a very odd taste.

Edit: I watched it twice.
SynkiizApr 17, 2021 2:41 PM
May 26, 2021 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
Since when was singing requirement? Is it because of Athena or the company? I thought Athena was the only singing prima.
Nov 25, 2021 7:18 AM

Sep 2021
HOLY SHIT. BEST EPISODE.
CRIED LOTS OF TEARS.

Omedetou, Kouhai-chan! 💙
Dec 22, 2021 5:54 PM
Nov 2021
Best episode ever! Aria is definitely in my favorites and Alice is close to my favorite characters now.
Apr 1, 2022 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
Vesperruĝo fluas en ondetoj
Ĝi estas kiel la kanto, bela kanto de feliĉo
Ĉu vi rimarkis birdojn portantajn afablon?
Super la maro flugas, ili flugas kun amo
Oranĝa ĉielo emocias mian spiriton
Stelo de l' espero, stelo lumis eterne
✟ Lumis eterne ✟
May 1, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2018
WOW Best episode to date, Prima Alice!!

This whole episode was great, imagine going from middle school to your dream job.
Jun 27, 2022 2:59 AM

Oct 2019
Damn bro, Imma be honest, i completely forgot she was a Pair. I just thought she was a single so i was like "She gonna be a prima" then i saw her take one glove and im like "Oh, she gonna be a single" and then nope.
Also, she graduated middle school? Do they not have high school considering both Akari and Aika both are like 15-16?
Wow.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Feb 2013
This is easily one of the most beautiful episodes I've ever watched.
Jul 27, 2022 9:41 AM
Jun 2021
For the very first time, ever, I have cried during a story of any medium; be it movie, book, game, or anything else. My eyes have gotten watery a handful of times, but this, THIS is what made that tear roll down my face.

btw out of the handful of times that my eyes have gotten watery, half of them are just other moments from Aria lol
Feb 18, 2023 5:25 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
NO WAY

No way did she get that double promotion.

From the moment their picnic trip turned into undine and client I suspected that this was gonna be her single test, but when Athena touched her left glove what came next caught me completely off guard. I guess I should'd expected it considering how many people were there and that in Akari's case it was much less crowded. Plus, in all fairness, she did excellent and with a bonus song as well.

So the question is, who'll be the next one to be on par with the Orange Princess?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 5, 2023 4:42 PM

May 2021
First of the three to become a prima
Inhales oxygen
Aug 19, 2023 5:32 AM

Dec 2020
It all clicked when the one passing by said good luck.

With this it feels like the end is near. Noooo
Aug 27, 2023 2:53 PM

May 2015
This is one of the best episode I've ever seen in my life. I cried of happiness in the end.

Alice is definitely my favorite. I love her with all my heart.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Finally found it

Brittaman12 - May 23

4 by Abesh_Aziz »»
May 25, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.