Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2015
Not that much into details atm I'm still watching just for entertainment but why is this rated at 6.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 8:36 PM

Jun 2017
- Uninteresting or annoying characters
- Forced, cringe-worthy "humor"
- An abundance of plot holes
- Flashy but ultimately bland magic system
- Lack of explanation for just about everything

Those were my reasons for dropping the show after this week.
Jul 29, 2017 9:38 PM

Jul 2017
How did you even make it past the half point mark of episode 1?
Jul 30, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2015
Luminlight said:
How did you even make it past the half point mark of episode 1?

I only watched the flashy combat action magic stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 8:55 AM
Aug 2016
I think rating this show a 6 was generous.
Jul 31, 2017 7:05 AM

Nov 2009
The disappointment of the season so far, it's one big mess in general, so agreed with the poster above, a 6 is too generous for this.

I should've known though, the more ambitious the title is (and here we have rulers in the title, and of time, at that), the less substance the thing itself would have in most cases.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 31, 2017 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Probably because of the characters and the story itself. To be honest, this series isn't even that bad though. It's okay (the score given is a bit to what I gave but I digress)
Aug 1, 2017 2:24 PM
Apr 2015
it's a rip off of D. gray man
Aug 2, 2017 1:28 AM

May 2017
PNDRetro said:
PNDRetro said:

i dont feel this is the main reason pal. i watched d gray man before. it is not like it is good anime either.
i am shitposter. dont take me seriously.
Aug 4, 2017 7:37 AM

Oct 2015
JCvetich said:

same as bungou stray dogs and yet highly rated compared to this
Aug 4, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2013
watching the 1st episode is enough for me to drop this anime. Other time travelers anime is much more better then this.
Aug 4, 2017 10:32 AM

May 2015
Well I can see where they're going with the comments people are just fed up with cliches shows.I'm guessing if this were introduced way back before the influx on similar types of shows this will be rated higher than 6.
Aug 5, 2017 6:49 AM

Mar 2010
I watched this show without checking mal(up until now lol), never expected some people on mal rated it low. Nevertheless , to me , this show is just good as good , I mean , its not great or masterpiece or story engaging , but its really cool (at the very least I'm keeping up to date with each episodes -which is up to ep5 now) to kill of some time , its a show to watch during leisure /when you have a free time and nothing to do. The story is not heavy , but it is at least enjoyable. So now its 7/10.(for me) , I'm not watching too many things per week , so I guess thats why I'm not centering my attention to favor a specific show(anime).

Don't worry about MAL's rating , its just based on some people rating. Don't let it affect how you see the anime , or how you like it thus far.

P/s: I really like the progress in episode 5
, I can bet if this show have at least 20++ episodes , its going to be awesome , it has a slow start , but things are getting interesting , for now.
Sebastian333Aug 5, 2017 6:53 AM
Aug 5, 2017 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
I can't watch anymore...I tried to give this a chance but it's too boring and the character aren't likable at all...none of them.
Aug 5, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
6 is bullshit....
this show deserves at least a 7
Aug 5, 2017 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
PNDRetro said:

Don't insult D.Gray-man by comparing the shows. D=

---

I dropped the anime, because it's so cringey in many ways. Tho I liked the premise and the time monsters look good, but the characters and the humor are annoying and there is almost zero atmosphere in it.
Aug 6, 2017 4:01 AM

May 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
PNDRetro said:

Don't insult D.Gray-man by comparing the shows. D=

---

I dropped the anime, because it's so cringey in many ways. Tho I liked the premise and the time monsters look good, but the characters and the humor are annoying and there is almost zero atmosphere in it.

Well d gray man wasn't really that awesome still I'd rate it higher than this for sure.
Aug 10, 2017 7:26 PM

Aug 2016
Couldn't even make it through the 1st episode. "Cringe" would be a good way to describe it. "Amateurish" would be the next word I would use. Looks pretty, though.
MyHeroZeroAug 10, 2017 7:32 PM
Aug 31, 2017 10:38 PM
May 2015
EGOIST said:
JCvetich said:

just...keep watching Bungou Stray Dogs
Aug 31, 2017 10:39 PM

Oct 2015
SerhaTR0483 said:
EGOIST said:

just...keep watching Bungou Stray Dogs
I did, and as you can see from my ratings, I significantly enjiyed the 2nd season more than the first
Aug 31, 2017 10:42 PM

Aug 2017
It is directed by the same guy who directed Chaos Dragon

That is why.
Sep 2, 2017 7:20 AM

Sep 2017
Mmh I honestly think the characters aren't that annoying, yeah they are clichés but I never saw an anime that has a son with his parents as the main group of characters. Also I can't manage to drop it even if I can only gave it a 6, which means i'm getting attached to the story. So why is nobody watching this? Why does nobody talk about this in a positive way?
Sep 2, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2012
SamhainKnight said:
It is directed by the same guy who directed Chaos Dragon

That is why.

So this mean that this guy is good director, because Chaos Dragon is a decent show
Sep 3, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2010
ah , the famous question upon stumble an underrated series. I get you.

But for many people that have so many times to watch other series , this thing might bore them if their interest and attention are grabbed in those another series.

For me , I barely watch anything per day , even per week , I merely watch 3-4 things .
So I would find this to be really likeable , if you can relate that.

But for example , imagine if I'm watching too many "better" and favorable series per week , imagine if shingeki no kyoujin, magi , psycho pass, kuroko no basket , reborn , and many more (of which are my favorites) are aired per week , and I'm watching those favorites of mine (which grabbed my full attention and loves) , I wouldnt have time to watch nor even care to see this underrated series .

edited: oh it seems i didnt realized I have replied to this thread. lol
Sebastian333Sep 3, 2017 10:16 PM
Sep 8, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2017
It is very ridiculous how this is rated so low when it isn't even that bad. Surely, the humor and the execution isn't that great, and I do believe that it has a lot of things to improve on, it doesn't deserve a 6. It's definitely not as bad as many other anime I have watched. Surely, many of the people who voted didn't watch too far ahead and just judge by first impressions, when I assure you the series has seen more improvements over the progression of episodes. This deserves a 7 at the very least, but definitely not a 6.
Sep 8, 2017 2:52 PM

May 2015
Arkgrain said:
It is very ridiculous how this is rated so low when it isn't even that bad. Surely, the humor and the execution isn't that great, and I do believe that it has a lot of things to improve on, it doesn't deserve a 6. It's definitely not as bad as many other anime I have watched. Surely, many of the people who voted didn't watch too far ahead and just judge by first impressions, when I assure you the series has seen more improvements over the progression of episodes. This deserves a 7 at the very least, but definitely not a 6.

I'm currently watching the series and my opinion hasn't change.
I think this still applies:
Kaze_Kitsune said:

Specially the plot holes... imo the writers are just hoping we will ignore the many errors this series has.
Sep 8, 2017 6:25 PM

Sep 2017
I need a bit more insight on some of the plotholes. I can't think of any from the top of my head.

Also, I do feel like some of the characters certainly developed since then. Although, Mina is probably the worst example of characters to use, I'd say possibly Victo or Kiri, they seem to be developing slightly since their first incarnation when the series began. I don't believe "forced" humor applies. I rather say "badly executed humor" or just "far too comedic for it's own good" is a far better term. And the battle system isn't even that bad. Matter of fact, it was pretty interesting during the Vickto vs Aisrehdar battle because the battle system actually did improve from when it was first shown during the battle against say, Vickto vs Mina, or Kiri and Vickto vs the Eaters from the first episode.
ArcgrainSep 8, 2017 6:28 PM
Sep 8, 2017 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
doesn't have lolis
Sep 8, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2017
There's Mina, she's a loli.
Sep 9, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2017
After ten epiosodes, I could say that the comedy is so forced and bad, undeveloped characters, plot holes and generic villain. The anime is the clear definition of generic anime.
NurguburuSep 9, 2017 8:20 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
I watched like half of the first episode and immediately thought it was trash.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 11, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2017
Well, rip, Chronos Ruler.
Sep 11, 2017 7:47 AM
Feb 2015
I personally dropped the show after 3rd episode, because I found both the characters, story and comedy to be pretty bad.

Also, 6 isn't a bad rating for everyone. When I rate an anime 6, it means they're usually pretty good. I dropped this without rating it, since I almost never rate anime I don't finish. If I did rate it on the other hand, I'd probably give it a 3 or 4, depending on how it continues :P
Sep 11, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 2017
It's better than disliking a show after the first episode.
Sep 11, 2017 11:58 PM
Sep 2016
EGOIST said:
JCvetich said:

Bungo gets increasingly more well written and intriguing as the episodes go on. Very weak first episodes filled with dumb jokes, and by the second season it becomes one of the best shows currently doing it. This show seemed like it could have promise with a darker plot, but then it ruins the mood with cartoonishly bad caricatures of other Anime's. If it maintained the dark brooding mood of the first few minutes like darker than black Gemini of the meteor did, it probably would have a better score. Also, Bjngo is meant to be a sort of satire on action anime, while this is actually supposed to be serious and fails at it.
Sep 12, 2017 11:00 PM
Mar 2012
On ep10. There are better episodes later, but score should be closer to chaos dragon, since the director is rather consistent: cool designs, messy/lacking story chained by prolonged fights, eh humor. The backstories tend to be good, time theme is explored, fights have tactics, tho there's a lot of "hurhurr i got this ability betta than yors so u never win lol!!".
Hina Logi's a SOL, yet has better fights, characters, father relation, and fun while being plotless. Too bad several seasonals got a similarly low score, close the stats & just enjoy whatever you watch.
Sep 14, 2017 6:45 AM

Aug 2017
People have different opinions on what is good. You're asking why this show is rated "so low", but a 6 according to the MAL score descriptions is "Fine".

Also, people tend to rate shows based on a 5 point scale from 6 to 10, which is also likely why you think that 6 is "so low".
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Sep 22, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
Personally I like the show, and I also think if they would have streched it more episodes like 25 the story would have breathed better and the characters could have been better devolpmed over time. It's a shounen after all, lots of battles, they should have made it longer, but they don't make ''long'' animes anymore, too cheap to make animes longer than 12-13 episodes.
Sep 22, 2017 10:47 PM
Sep 2012
While the show may deserve a 6, it's not that it's bad, it's just everything else normally has over-inflated bullshit ratings. Half the stuff that's been given a 7 lately shouldn't be that high, and the other shows ranking around where this is don't even deserve a 5.

Also it didn't have a particularly good start. Unfortunately that means many would have dropped it early and rated it crap, when they really shouldn't be rating it at all if they didn't finish it, but whatever.
lukeycowSep 22, 2017 10:50 PM
Sep 25, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah, I generally wait to finish the show before giving ratings, but too many only watch the first episodes, then gives bad ratings and bad reviews.
Sep 26, 2017 8:15 PM
Nov 2016
I know this anime is not making me feel so much hype like others did but i still enjoyed watching it in my spare time, I don't understand why people look down so much on this series while it has an interesting plot for me. I also feel the same when I watched the first episode but it keeps getting better in each episode so, I think this anime needs more appreciation and people shouldn't just rate this based on the first few episodes.

excuse my english anyway :/
Sep 29, 2017 10:56 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the music but I dropped this half way thru episode 2, the "comedy" as everyone in this thread complained about is truly annoying. The back and forth between victor and his kid (dont know his name) is lame too. Generic is okay by me but this was generic and cringy.
Jun 28, 2021 5:23 AM

Nov 2020
I don't know but this anime quite interesting for me. and there's archetype in yugioh call "Time Thief" that inspired by this anime. One of the card appearance is almost similar with Victor.

What Does Pot of Greed do?
Sep 7, 2021 3:16 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Animation style and music style feels like watching K project

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

14 by Bartfort360 »»
Mar 6, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

28 by Dawizz »»
Feb 17, 2023 2:08 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

65 by Dawizz »»
Feb 17, 2023 1:52 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

11 by ashlei191 »»
Sep 28, 2020 11:25 PM

» Can We Discuss About Kiri's Parents?

__Akashi__ - Jul 9, 2020

0 by __Akashi__ »»
Jul 9, 2020 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.