Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2017 2:34 AM

May 2016
Hello!

It's first time i create a discussion, and I hope I'm in the right section.
Anyway I'm an italian guy, I always watch sub ita anime.
But... Who do sub ita for Quan Zhi Gao Shou stopped after 3 episodes(Don't upload anymore) they are so incompetent. So i decided to watch my first anime in sub eng, but the sub eng is too fast. My knowledge in english is very good in reading(writed english as you see, is not perfect).
Do you know a program or another sites? Where maybe subs are more slow?
May 24, 2017 2:40 AM

Feb 2013
i dont know what kind of program are you thinking about

you could maybe slow down the video.. there is an add on for chrome called "Video Speed Controller", or you could press [ if you use VLC player
May 24, 2017 2:42 AM

Dec 2015
It´s not that the subs are too fast.

You´re too slow!
May 24, 2017 2:44 AM

Feb 2015
You can either delay the speed of subs or video itself in mpc hc or vlc. https://latestsolution.com/how-to-sync-subtitle-mpc-hc/

But that is commonly only used if either the audio is slower or faster then subs or reverse. That is not the case for you i am guessing it is just that timings are edited too be like that for every line.

Another solution would be too correct every line of sub but opening it in Aegisub then altering the time placements, but it is not as simple task as it may sound you really need attention and quite a bit of effort too nail every line. But those guys 99% already did that but you probably cant adjust too it.

It can be tedious even for someone who done quite of bit of reencoding and messing with fansubs files in the past.
ExowaveMay 24, 2017 2:47 AM
May 24, 2017 2:57 AM

Oct 2016
when reading subtitle u just
gotta go fast.
May 24, 2017 3:01 AM

May 2016
romagia said:
i dont know what kind of program are you thinking about

you could maybe slow down the video.. there is an add on for chrome called "Video Speed Controller", or you could press [ if you use VLC player

Thanks! Will try this.
AnimeXHunter said:

You´re too slow!

I know :(
Exowave said:
You can either delay the speed of subs or video itself in mpc hc or vlc. https://latestsolution.com/how-to-sync-subtitle-mpc-hc/

But that is commonly only used if either the audio is slower or faster then subs or reverse. That is not the case for you i am guessing it is just that timings are edited too be like that for every line.

Another solution would be too correct every line of sub but opening it in Aegisub then altering the time placements, but it is not as simple task as it may sound you really need attention and quite a bit of effort too nail every line. But those guys 99% already did that but you probably cant adjust too it.

It can be tedious even for someone who done quite of bit of reencoding and messing with fansubs files in the past.

It's hard :O
Cjakarin said:
gotta go fast.

xD probably is the most obvious solution

Thanks to all!!!
May 24, 2017 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
sventrhim said:
Hello!

But... Who do sub ita for Quan Zhi Gao Shou stopped after 3 episodes(Don't upload anymore) they are so incompetent. So i decided to watch my first anime in sub eng, but the sub eng is too fast. My knowledge in english is very good in reading(writed english as you see, is not perfect).

Are you watching the official sub? if so, they're not that bad. If not, then stop watching it illegally and use the official youtube channel for it.
I mean they're nice enough to put it online legally for everyone on youtube. Why would you reward this by watching it somewhere else?.

Other than that, well. Chinese is naturally faster to express something than most other languages so that's why the subs go so fast compared to subbing japanese conversations.

Edit : the post directly below this one gives the link towards the official youtube channel if you need.
ZefyrisMay 24, 2017 4:21 AM
May 24, 2017 4:08 AM
Jun 2015
If you want to watch Quan Zhi Gao Shou you can watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5ocv2xksC-w-YQrqlixhIRA

Youtube has a playback speed function if you want it slower.
May 24, 2017 4:31 AM

Jan 2016
Train yourself by watching The Tatami Galaxy.

Everything elso will look slow in comparison.
May 24, 2017 8:15 AM
Jan 2017
The answer is easy, stop watching that shitty show and watch something good.

But if some reason you enjoy that show, or enjoy seeing horrible boring show, then just try to get used to it.
May 24, 2017 8:18 AM

May 2016
Zefyris said:
sventrhim said:
Hello!

Are you watching the official sub? if so, they're not that bad. If not, then stop watching it illegally and use the official youtube channel for it.
I mean they're nice enough to put it online legally for everyone on youtube. Why would you reward this by watching it somewhere else?.

Other than that, well. Chinese is naturally faster to express something than most other languages so that's why the subs go so fast compared to subbing japanese conversations.

Edit : the post directly below this one gives the link towards the official youtube channel if you need.
15poundfish said:
If you want to watch Quan Zhi Gao Shou you can watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5ocv2xksC-w-YQrqlixhIRA

Youtube has a playback speed function if you want it slower.

Youtube videos are with more slow subs! NICE! THANKS!
jgames111 said:
The answer is easy, stop watching that shitty show and watch something good.

But if some reason you enjoy that show, or enjoy seeing horrible boring show, then just try to get used to it.

It's your opinion. But for me is 1 of the best. Is the only anime with esports.
May 24, 2017 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
It might be due to the fact that the language isn't Japanese... :/

At first I also thought about that, but then after a few EPs I got used to it... :/
May 24, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
The subs are usually as fast as the dialogue requires them to be. In my experience subs for chinese anime tend to be 'faster' on average for some reason. I don't know if it's because they just talk faster in chinese productions or if the chinese language just takes less time to pronounce things than it takes to read the english translation of them. But unless you have problems with any other kind of english subs as well I'd say this isn't the norm. You can always pause or rewind to make sure you get all the subtitle text too. Imo a better option than watching the whole thing slowed down.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 30, 2020 7:16 AM
May 2017
AnimeXHunter said:

You´re too slow!
That's a bit rude. Most anime isn't as fast as this one is.
Sep 30, 2020 7:24 AM
May 2009
Lol considering Chinese is monotonal one sound for one word, unlike other languages, its understandable that the subs might just flash by after 4 sounds are made, but the sub is somehow more than 4 words to catch the essence of what is said.

Just get used to it or rewind or pause.
Or just play the video on a slower setting.
Jun 15, 2021 2:32 PM
May 2017
eroroo said:
gotta go fast.

You realise not everyone can read fast right? 🙄 😒
Jun 15, 2021 2:45 PM

Feb 2020
this is a 2017 discussion. are people still replying to it...lol

most fans are used to chinese by now

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 15, 2021 3:06 PM
May 2018
Try searching if there is a file shared on a google drive with only subs on something like note thing
I use this kind of thing to get the french subs, there is only text
Then with VLC you paste it on a raw episode in Japanese
You can try either with English translation or with the Italian file if it exist
Idk about Italian but here in France it's sometimes easier to find just a word or note file with just translation (and no animation linked on it, just text) than finding the subbed normal episode
I have no idea if what I'm writing rn is clear sorry xD

More topics from this board

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 5 hours ago

16 by mshfqtny »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you feel shameful listening to cutesy Anime Song?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
6 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

49 by Anjuro »»
18 minutes ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

171 by BigBoyAdvance »»
31 minutes ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - May 24

27 by BigBoyAdvance »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.