Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2016 5:07 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
R.I.P. Citroid

next week there will be 1 hour special (episode 42&43) with a big announcement (Pokemon S&M anime?)
Sep 8, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2011
Another good episode and the feels for Clembot with Bonnie singing.
Next episode is hype for the 1 hour special.
Sep 8, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
We all called it but it was still heartbreaking. All hail Citroid, he gave his life to save the city. Manly tears are allowed! And if that wasnt enough to pull your heartstrings into submission you also had the whole Eureka singing for her life. Hefty episode.

Anyway, Ash his team is dropping hard, we're down to just Pikachu and Gekkouga whilst Alain is pocketinh his team, still. I wouldn't call it jobbing though. Fact is, they just fought a Championship round. I'm more suprised they are still that energetic.

The hype train continues to the next episode! 1 hour special guys!
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Mar 2011
I cried so f*cking hard when Eureka started singing, and then Citroid dies.
My feels were destroyed in this episode.
Sep 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Resume of this episode: Feels!
ayy i'm waiting for that S&M trailer next week....
Sep 8, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
amazing ep. Bonnie singing was epic and RIP Citroid. So many feels
Sep 8, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2015
Hikari_Hoshisora said:
I cried so f*cking hard when Eureka started singing, and then Citroid dies.
My feels were destroyed in this episode.

I agree!! And now it makes sense to vitiate us in the ending ... An attempt to make us sing alongside Eureka in order to save the Puni-chan!!
Finally, Team Flare arc is close to its climax and is probably one of the most well-crafted in Pokémon anime (along Satoshi and Shinji rivalry)!!

(Obs. Love how even underestimating his enemies Lysandre still poses as badas* and convinced of his plan success!!)
Sep 8, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2016
It's been a while since Pokemon was this heart-wrenching...

Lysson seemed to be on the edge after losing the two Zygarde but considering how confident he looks, he still has an ace in his sleeve.
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 9, 2016 3:34 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, as others have mentioned that shiny Gyarados is beautiful! Reminds me, I can’t wait for there to be shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go :D

I never liked the “Puni Puni~” ending theme song, but it was cute to see Puni-chan come to his senses thanks to all the love Eureka
has given him.

I have faith Citron can rebuild his gym and his robot friends as well :*(

I’m SO EXCITED for the 1 hour special next week. I assume the “big announcement” will be about the Sun & Moon anime.
Sep 9, 2016 5:35 AM

Jul 2008
Lararin said:
Wow, as others have mentioned that shiny Gyarados is beautiful! Reminds me, I can’t wait for there to be shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go :D

I never liked the “Puni Puni~” ending theme song, but it was cute to see Puni-chan come to his senses thanks to all the love Eureka
has given him.

I’m SO EXCITED for the 1 hour special next week. I assume the “big announcement” will be about the Sun & Moon anime.

That will clearly be Citron's reason to leave the show. He's going full Volkner.
Miare city will be better than ever after this war is over.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 9, 2016 7:48 AM
Dec 2009
Punkbeetle said:
Lararin said:

has given him.

That will clearly be Citron's reason to leave the show. He's going full Volkner.

Excellent point, you're probably right. When Ash says goodbye to Citron and Eureka they'll be working to rebuild the city and the gym. Wouldn't be surprised if the line "My gym needs me" is used, haha. But it will make for a natural and non-sad goodbye.
Sep 9, 2016 9:27 AM

May 2016
THIS WAS A PREETY GOOD EPISODE TBH.... damn steven was a frikin badass

btw one thing i dont get is what the other league trainers are doing man..... are they like dead already or some thing?.....the chick with mega absol not to mention the guy with the mega garchomp.....and also trevor, tierno and shota, they got a mega evolution aswell.....? they like wimpout or somethin.... xD

ohh and R.I.P clembot
DeisiyaSep 9, 2016 9:31 AM
Sep 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2008
Deisiya said:
btw one thing i dont get is what the other league trainers are doing man..... are they like dead already or some thing?.....the chick with mega absol not to mention the guy with the mega garchomp.....and also trevor, tierno and shota, they got a mega evolution aswell.....? they like wimpout or somethin.... xD

The entire city is under attack and as we have seen before, Miare is huge! We are just focusing on what the Mains and recurring characters are doing because they are carring the plot and actually know what is going on on. The other strong trainers are probably just on crowd control, which arguably really isnt as exciting.

Besides, lets be honest here, the Police probably doesnt want any people to do as they want muddling their process anyway. Even more chaos isnt gonna help.
Sep 9, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
More emotion than I could handle in this episode. Ash's speech was epic, and that was followed up by Bonnie's tearful plea to Zygarde. And character death.
WHAT AM I EVEN WATCHING
Got oppai?
Sep 9, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
Lararin said:
Punkbeetle said:

Excellent point, you're probably right. When Ash says goodbye to Citron and Eureka they'll be working to rebuild the city and the gym. Wouldn't be surprised if the line "My gym needs me" is used, haha. But it will make for a natural and non-sad goodbye.
Episode 44 title kinda gave it away

Sep 9, 2016 1:06 PM

Oct 2014
Man, The maturity of the anime really has gotten very high. Clembot's death had a gravitas to it that you would see in some adult shows rather then most kids shows, or even most adult anime, for that matter.
Sep 9, 2016 4:06 PM
Dec 2009
Hyack said:

Hadn't seen that yet, thanks :)
Man, excited to see how everything ends!
Sep 10, 2016 2:38 AM
Jan 2011
*sigh* xy&z has completely been disappointing since Ash lost the league.
eien_kisekiSep 10, 2016 2:41 AM
Sep 10, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
Wow i almost cried in this episodes. Eureka singing and Citroid. I actually didnt think that the destruction of citroid would affect me but it did, kudos to the writers.

I think i have finally recoverd from the Kalos league set back phew thank god. Anyways next week is a 1 hour long Pokemon special, might even get a teaser for the Pokemon sun and moon anime.

The hype is real
Sep 10, 2016 10:08 AM

May 2009
Hyack said:
Lararin said:

Sep 11, 2016 12:04 AM

Dec 2011
OMG new preview for episode 42-43 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaVksslmOgo
All gym leaders from Kalos assembles for the final of this arc.This going to be epic.
I'm over hype..
Sep 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
Lararin said:
Hyack said:

Hadn't seen that yet, thanks :)
Man, excited to see how everything ends!

What was the point of that Spoiler when you immediately give it away...

kaitonic said:
OMG new preview for episode 42-43 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaVksslmOgo
All gym leaders from Kalos assembles for the final of this arc.This going to be epic.
I'm over hype..

And that's another spoiler. Still, grateful for the link.

@Shoryuuken:

eien_kiseki said:
*sigh* xy&z has completely been disappointing since Ash lost the league.

Shame you are not liking it, what exactly isnt ringing true for you ?
Sep 14, 2016 5:41 AM

Apr 2015
so much feels...
even a legendary pokemon can't resist Eureka's cry...
so hype for next episode... 1 hour right?? nice...

hope Serena will come to Alola region as well... but i also want to see how the new heroine in Pokemon S&M... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 4, 2016 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
It has been so long since a Pokemon episode actually made you feel a bit of feels. Between Eureka's singing and Citroid, the feels were there.

XYZ has gotten even so much better. It really picked up around the final gym and has kept going since.
Oct 9, 2016 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, another really good, emotional episode. I really don't want XYZ to end
Oct 14, 2016 6:59 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Man this arc has been very good.

- Team Rocket getting a bit of spotlight
- Steven showing just how boss he is.

- The feels in this episode. Clemont making the ultimate decision of his life and sacrificing Citroid so he can save Luminose City. Then there's Eureka, very touching scene.

Nov 29, 2016 4:59 AM

Nov 2014
Well, pretty nice to see Steven again since the only appearance that he had in the anime series is when ash and co trapped in the cave back in Hoenn region (incounting the Mega Evolution Special).. Wonder if ash will recognize him or not.. I have to give props to Lysandre.. His Mega Gyarados is actually swept almost all of Ash's team bar Greninja and Pikachu, with Malva also joining the battle, it would be interesting..

Now for the episode itself, it's kinda heartbreaking alright.. I don't remember the last time i cried in Pokemon anime but the scene when Bonnie sing the Squishy song is completely heartbreaking that i actually cried and it's pretty sweet that Zygarde actually still recognize her in the end.. also RIP Clembot, i know it's not a human character, but the fact that it still have a courage to self-destruct itself for a greater good is respectable IMO..

Anyway, yet another excellent episode.. This Team Flare Arc is hand down the best Villain Team arc in the Pokemon anime to date, obviously looking forward to see the following episode next week..

5/5
Izanagi777Nov 29, 2016 6:02 AM
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 3, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Satoshi's pokemon getting rekt.

Pachira looking fine.

The return of Daigo. He finally caught on to Fleur.

Eureka singing the Squishy song. Roll credits!

RIP Citroid.
RobDec 3, 2016 10:12 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 26, 2017 10:50 AM

Nov 2014
I think I'm gonna cry T^T Bonnie singing and crying, and Clembot getting nearly destroyed and losing his memories was so sad. XY/XYZ is amazing. *cries*
Feb 12, 2017 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
I watched this when it aired on CITV but had no WiFi until now, so it was weeks ago, so I barely remember it.

Team Rocket <3

Bonnie singing and crying was so sweet and sad! :(

Clembot!!! poor thing, and now he doesn't remember anything :(
Jul 29, 2017 7:31 PM
Jan 2017
first eureka cries, then my precious citron does, this episode in general had me in tears towards the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LauPi314 - Aug 18, 2016

83 by Red_Panda_MAL »»
Jun 6, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 16 Discussion

StarryWindy - Feb 25, 2016

15 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 14 Discussion

ETX - Feb 11, 2016

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 1, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 13 Discussion

ETX - Feb 4, 2016

15 by PrOxAnto »»
May 17, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.