Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
so how do you set anime's to rewatch, there is a rewatch count so in your anime statistics
I want to die a Hero's death, smile to my last breath, look up at the light and smile with all my might, that is a Hero's death. - MJGjensen™
Sep 7, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
on your anime list there is a 'edit' button next to each entry and then next to the status there is a 'rewatching' tick box
Sep 7, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2008
When you're editing an entry in your list, check the "Re-watching" box and enter the number of episodes you rewatched so far below. Don't change the status, it is supposed to stay at "Completed".
Sep 7, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
Thanks for the help
I want to die a Hero's death, smile to my last breath, look up at the light and smile with all my might, that is a Hero's death. - MJGjensen™
Mar 30, 2018 10:54 AM

Feb 2018
I did it exacly like that with hxh 2011 but now my total anime watch time and episodes watched decreased by the amount of episodes I still need to watch to finish the series a second time why is that?
Mar 30, 2018 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
I did it exacly like that with hxh 2011 but now my total anime watch time and episodes watched decreased by the amount of episodes I still need to watch to finish the series a second time why is that?

I think it's because they use the number of episodes watched to calculate the time. You don't need to mind it, just keep updating it. The time for the rewatch is added when you finish your rewatch, guess they add the time watched of the series and multiply it by the number of rewatches +1 once you finish watching something.
Mar 30, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2018
Aemnesias said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I think it's because they use the number of episodes watched to calculate the time. You don't need to mind it, just keep updating it. The time for the rewatch is added when you finish your rewatch, guess they add the time watched of the series and multiply it by the number of rewatches +1 once you finish watching something.

If that's true then then rewatch feature is totally useless :/
Mar 30, 2018 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
Aemnesias said:

If that's true then then rewatch feature is totally useless :/

Not really.
It still counts the time of the rewatch, but only when you're done rewatching it. Yeah, it is useless if you want to say you rewatched specific episodes, but it still works as intended if you're rewatching an entire series. Yes, you will 'lose' the time watched for that series while you rewatch it, but it'll just make that time*2/3/4 depedning on the number of rewatch after you finish rewatching it.

What's bothering is that there's no page on the site that tells you what you've rewatched. You have no choice but to download your list's xml and sort it by the number of rewatch column, which is quite inconvenient and far-fetched.
For instance, on your profile page, they could just make a link out of the "rewatched" label and then link it to a page similar to anime comparison between 2 people, except that it'd show only the anime you've rewatched and the number of rewatches.
rahillimitciMar 30, 2018 12:44 PM
Mar 3, 2020 1:28 PM

Dec 2007
What's bothering is also the appellation of the box : 'rewatching'
When you're finished with rewatching, it should sort of be replaced with 'rewatched'. I mean for some times I thought that after rewatching an anime you had to unclick the 'rewatching' button, thus I dont remember today what have I rewatched so far.

Mar 14, 2020 12:01 PM
Mar 2020
kuchitsu said:
When you're editing an entry in your list, check the "Re-watching" box and enter the number of episodes you rewatched so far below. Don't change the status, it is supposed to stay at "Completed".

I don't see a box and idk how to fix it
Mar 14, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
hanime_man said:
kuchitsu said:

You sure? Post some screenshots.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Mar 14, 2020 12:27 PM

Oct 2018
hanime_man said:
kuchitsu said:

Go to the page for the anime that you wish to mark as "Rewatching", and click the "Edit Details" link below the poster
(Using Sora no Otoshimono as an example)

Once clicked, you'll be brought to the Anime Details page for the entry in your list, click on the "Rewatching" box to mark as rewatching.
Dreaming 'bout long gone things;
Days, on end, repeating infinitely.
Like the inside of a never-ending dream,
Whilst looking for the endless morn...
Only to return to the dream again
Mar 14, 2020 3:35 PM
Mar 2020
Iizbakaokay said:
hanime_man said:

I think I got it, it just has not loaded yet. Thanks!
Mar 15, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2014
hanime_man said:
Iizbakaokay said:

I think I got it, it just has not loaded yet. Thanks!
you're welcome. I don't really accept random friend requests but send me a message so we can talk?
Sep 2, 2020 4:18 PM
May 2020
I know its an old discussion but I have a problem with updating my rewatched episodes
I do all the steps but somehow the episodes I update does not count and there is 0 rewatched episodes but when I check my "currently watching " they show on currently watching...what should I do? *__*
Sep 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2019
Famo151375 said:
I know its an old discussion but I have a problem with updating my rewatched episodes
I do all the steps but somehow the episodes I update does not count and there is 0 rewatched episodes but when I check my "currently watching " they show on currently watching...what should I do? *__*

Open the anime page that you want to set was rewatched. Below the anime image click on edit details, then click on show advanced, then on rewatched write the number of times that you've rewatched that anime and click on submit
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Sep 6, 2020 4:19 PM
May 2020
hacker09 said:
Famo151375 said:

Open the anime page that you want to set was rewatched. Below the anime image click on edit details, then click on show advanced, then on rewatched write the number of times that you've rewatched that anime and click on submit
the strange thing is that I did all that but it does not seem to work because my list is still empty
Sep 6, 2020 4:39 PM

Dec 2019
@Famo151375

You should make a new thread then

Oct 11, 2020 6:13 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Fleeting_Dream said:
hanime_man said:

Go to the page for the anime that you wish to mark as "Rewatching", and click the "Edit Details" link below the poster
(Using Sora no Otoshimono as an example)

Once clicked, you'll be brought to the Anime Details page for the entry in your list, click on the "Rewatching" box to mark as rewatching.

I know this thread is a bit old, I found it while searching the forums as I've been having the same issue for quite some time. This year I've rewatched several series, three just in the last month, and I've followed the exact steps as described above, but my Rewatched count under Anime Stats on my profile is stuck at 3. The numbers of Episodes, Completed or Days watched hasn't moved an inch either (strangely, as I just finished rewatching a 100+ ep long anime)

Just to be clear, in case I'm missing something obvious here, this is what I've been doing: enter the page of the previously completed anime, click "edit details", check the "Re-watching" box, submit, then keep updating episode number one by one as normal on the anime's front page while watching it until I've completed the anime again - and all the while leaving the status alone (letting it say "completed", not changing it to "watching")
If I check the anime's History I can see that the re-watch has been registered with the correct amount of episodes and dates, but still it's not reflected in my Anime Stats.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug? :/
Oct 11, 2020 8:21 PM

Dec 2019
@Celine3107

This isn't how I rewatched animes.
I...
enter the page of the previously completed anime
click "edit details"
on the "Re-watching" box I write the number of times that I rewatched the anime
Then I submit

I've just checked your anime list, and you have only rewatched the following animes
Ouran Koukou Host Club 1 time
Samurai Champloo 2 times

That's why there are only 3 animes rewatched on the stats on your profile...
hacker09Oct 11, 2020 8:31 PM

Oct 12, 2020 2:17 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
hacker09 said:
@Celine3107

This isn't how I rewatched animes.
I...
enter the page of the previously completed anime
click "edit details"
on the "Re-watching" box I write the number of times that I rewatched the anime
Then I submit

I've just checked your anime list, and you have only rewatched the following animes
Samurai Champloo 2 times

That's why there are only 3 animes rewatched on the stats on your profile...

Whut. :O I rewatched Fate/Zero first and second season this past week, and Hunter x Hunter just before that. I've rewatched plenty others as well, Made in Abyss, Naruto, Attack on Titan etc.. That's so strange. A bummer it isn't showing. :(

UPDATE: ok I'm an idiot, I only just discovered the "Total Times Re-watched Series" field on the Edit page. -_-
Thank you for pointing this out @hacker09
But it's STILL NOT working. No matter if I input 1 or 2 times rewatched, or check or uncheck the "Re-watching" box before I submit, it's still not being shown in Anime Stats. What am I not doing...
Celine3107Oct 12, 2020 2:23 AM
Oct 12, 2020 6:09 AM

Dec 2019
@Celine3107
Now you have added to your rewatched anime list
Fate/Zero 2nd Season 2 times

I can see that you have rewatched a total of "5 animes"
Samurai Champloo 2 times

After submitting you must wait some time, maybe wait for one day for the update to be reflected on your profile stats

You need to try again with Hunter x Hunter and with fate 1 season, until you can see on your list that the "Total Times Re-watched" increased, then wait and sometime the update will be on your profile stats too

Oct 12, 2020 1:10 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
hacker09 said:
@Celine3107
Now you have added to your rewatched anime list

I can see that you have rewatched a total of "5 animes"
Samurai Champloo 2 times

After submitting you must wait some time, maybe wait for one day for the update to be reflected on your profile stats

You need to try again with Hunter x Hunter and with fate 1 season, until you can see on your list that the "Total Times Re-watched" increased, then wait and sometime the update will be on your profile stats too

Haha it didn't occur to me that there would be a delay since other series stats are updated at once.. I think it's fixed now! Updated a number of titles, both removing and adding, so my days/episodes count should be much more accurate now.
THANK YOU for you patience and help, apparantly I really needed it. :')
Oct 12, 2020 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
@Celine3107 Glad you found help, one small correction stats aren't updated at once for other series that you add normally (i.e. apart from rewatching) There have been countless occurrences where it took a week or more for some people.
Oct 12, 2020 3:43 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Iizbakaokay said:
@Celine3107 Glad you found help, one small correction stats aren't updated at once for other series that you add normally (i.e. apart from rewatching) There have been countless occurrences where it took a week or more for some people.

Sure, ok, I was mostly thinking of the Watching, Completed etc. stats, they always seem to update immediately on my end. :) But I'm sure that's not always the case. Either way, learned a lot.
Mar 16, 2021 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
I know it's kind of an old topic but at least let me thank you for the complete explanation, I gave up on the function a year ago but after passing by and reading the recents comments I also found the answer =)

Jun 1, 2023 8:50 AM

Dec 2018
I am once again reviving this old topic but I came here to see whether you need to keep the rewatching box checked even after you finish it so in case anyone else needed this the answer is no, Every series I have rewatched is on my list as rewatched and I didn't have to keep the rewatching box checked, I think they really should do something with this feature, it doesn't work the best
Jun 14, 2023 9:44 PM
Apr 2022
I'd like to take the time and thank absolutely everyone in this thread since 2016. You'd think for an anime database/tracking website that's been running for almost two decades would have some sort of official help forum to explain to people how stuff like this works, but they don't :/

Cheers!
Dec 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Aug 2017
So if understood it correctly you either do 1)edit the total numbers rewatched after you rewatched something or 2)if you care about your friends or to keep yourself track how far you are you watching something you keep the entry in your list as completed and after you're done you add a +1 in total times rewatched.

I feel like there should be a function where after you finished rewatching something it should automatically add +1 to your total times rewatched.
Mar 20, 1:06 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to darkestTimes
So if understood it correctly you either do 1)edit the total numbers rewatched after you rewatched something or 2)if you care about your friends or to keep yourself track how far you are you watching something you keep the entry in your list as completed and after you're done you add a +1 in total times rewatched.

I feel like there should be a function where after you finished rewatching something it should automatically add +1 to your total times rewatched.
@darkestTimes That function would be a really great addition. Something like a new category with "Rewatched" would be nice too

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3447 by AnimeGirlEnjoyer »»
26 minutes ago

» [Resolved] I accidentally changed username..

MoonDog54 - Yesterday

2 by MoonDog54 »»
7 hours ago

» Making a made in abyss themed profile (Is it allowed)

Thereisnoonehere - May 28

4 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Yesterday, 4:00 PM

» Updating signatures broken

luinthoron - Yesterday

1 by luinthoron »»
Yesterday, 2:06 PM

» How do you log out of My anime list on desktop?

Sunryft - Jul 28, 2023

8 by Pollomonteros »»
May 28, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.