Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was just a joke, a joke XD

Oh I love that priceless expression. But still when it comes to Hishiro, Kaizaki definitely cares about her in more of a personal way now.
Stark700Aug 28, 2016 4:47 PM
Aug 28, 2016 4:52 PM

Nov 2015

So, we had a misunderstanding in the translation.
Yoake was not implying getting Chizuru into something more serious, but taking her for him...
I must say, the entire threat... I think Yoake took it a bit too far... "taking all her first times" I think it was too aggressive, and in the end Arata was still mad, he's still depressed about everybody eventually forgetting what he's doing.

I think this is the first time a smile from Yoake doesn't feel right...

He said that this time he did streer Arata in the right direction but, you guys think he really did? I don't think so.
This leads me to think Arata may take even further his spacement not only from Chizuru, but everyone else.
At the end, as he says, it's meaningless. He still can't see it. He's sad.

Oh Arata, what a predicament.
HumbertoZeroAug 28, 2016 5:03 PM
Aug 28, 2016 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Yoake I know you are trying to help but one doesn't simply try to steal the protagonist waifu. One simple doesn't.

Arata is right. He isn't thinking for hiw own well being he thinks that when the year ends he will left all these good kids with a void that can hurt them.
Aug 28, 2016 11:13 PM
Jan 2015
even if they forget you , their feeling won't change ..or I hope so T_T
Aug 28, 2016 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
Seeing Arata's expressions were priceless... this has suddenly become so serious...feel bad for arata
Aug 29, 2016 12:24 AM

Dec 2011
Oh, so there's some correction from the previous chapter. Take Hishiron's first time for himself... nah, Arata would not allow that Yoake.

That one was enough to make Arata angry/upset... but still, he probably won't change his stance, and I can understand why. Although Yoake also has a point there, for once, he probably should do things for his own sake, not for the others' sake.
Aug 29, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2016
yoake said: "what I did wasn't that far from my instructions. I succeeded at stirring things up and making him reconsider his current position and feelings. "
doesn't that mean that someone higher-up ordered yoake to do what he did? if so I'm worried that they will do something to stirred up hishiro-san as well.
Aug 29, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
I know ReLife is a reflection of the Japanese culture, but if I was 27, in a 17/18 year old body who likes a 17/18 year old young lady, and after the experiment is over I'll be forgotten, why wouldn't I date her?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 29, 2016 7:55 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah, I think Yoake went too far this time. Definitely deserved the back pain he got out of it. I know he's trying to help stir Arata up and get him to take action...but he crossed the line on that one.

Especially since it didn't work. No matter what Yoake says he can't get past the major barrier in this experiment. Sure, it'd be nice if Arata was more selfish. Enjoy his life a bit and create more memories for himself to treasure. But, that's just not good enough for him. Hard to create memories that you know will vanish from your friends.

I do like that even Yoake admits he got heated and said things he didn't plan on saying. There is a desire on all sides to have Arata and Hishiro be happy. The trouble is....getting there. I'm honestly not sure how Arata makes a breakthrough. It feels like getting involved with Hishiro without knowing she's also a subject will never happen. He can't do that to her.
Aug 29, 2016 9:11 AM
Mar 2009
OK ok. So in Yoake's mind Arata is wrong and he should live for his own sake. I agree with that.
But Arata is right too for himself. In his mind if he confess to Hishiro and they start dating, at the end of the school year all that is going to hell... So it's meaningless according to him.
Aug 29, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2015
Inufry said:
yoake said: "what I did wasn't that far from my instructions. I succeeded at stirring things up and making him reconsider his current position and feelings. "
doesn't that mean that someone higher-up ordered yoake to do what he did? if so I'm worried that they will do something to stirred up hishiro-san as well.

Remember that the first round with 001, his last task was to have a relationship with Chizuru? Well, it wouldn't surprise me they are thinking in making Chizuru have a relationship with Arata just for the experiment, and then erase everything.

sbyrstall said:
I know ReLife is a reflection of the Japanese culture, but if I was 27, in a 17/18 year old body who likes a 17/18 year old young lady, and after the experiment is over I'll be forgotten, why wouldn't I date her?

Well, you technically can. The problem is that the age gap is also a psychological gap, you normally are not attracted to a person less mature than you. Yes, 10 years is a lot but if we skip a little bit of time, it's acceptable. There are relationships like that IRL. The problem is when that gap goes earlier, like a 10 y/o and a 20 y/o, you see? That's fucked up! But a 18 and a 28 is not THAT fucked up, somewhat weird but acceptable.
Arata thinks that's not right so that's another reason for him to stay away.
Hell, that was the first thing he thought when he first saw An!
Aug 29, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
HDarkmantis said:
Inufry said:

Remember that the first round with 001, his last task was to have a relationship with Chizuru? Well, it wouldn't surprise me they are thinking in making Chizuru have a relationship with Arata just for the experiment, and then erase everything.

sbyrstall said:

Well, you technically can. The problem is that the age gap is also a psychological gap, you normally are not attracted to a person less mature than you. Yes, 10 years is a lot but if we skip a little bit of time, it's acceptable. There are relationships like that IRL. The problem is when that gap goes earlier, like a 10 y/o and a 20 y/o, you see? That's fucked up! But a 18 and a 28 is not THAT fucked up, somewhat weird but acceptable.
Of course between a 10 y/o and 20 y/o is messed up. It's criminal. Whole different level of maturity. But 28 and 18, it's not that bad, and legal. As I said before, if everything I did was going to be erased, then that means whatever would happen would also be gone. I'm not advocating that Hishiro-san and Arata-san go out and have wild, meaningless sex. I'm just thinking go on dates. Double-date with Reina and Ooga. This way they can watch over each other. Be each other's conscience.
Since Hishiro and Arata are both "adults" they could also guide this young couple without given each other away.

Aug 29, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2015
sbyrstall said:
HDarkmantis said:

Of course between a 10 y/o and 20 y/o is messed up. It's criminal. Whole different level of maturity. But 28 and 18, it's not that bad, and legal. As I said before, if everything I did was going to be erased, then that means whatever would happen would also be gone. I'm not advocating that Hishiro-san and Arata-san go out and have wild, meaningless sex. I'm just thinking go on dates. Double-date with Reina and Ooga. This way they can watch over each other. Be each other's conscience.
Since Hishiro and Arata are both "adults" they could also guide this young couple without given each other away.
sbyrstall said:
HDarkmantis said:

The thing is, Arata may be aware that his teachings will stay in their minds, but the thing he can't shake up is that they will forget HIM. He doesn't want them to forget him, he wants to stay friends with them. Yes, he can spend time with them now, but that will only make a bigger wound once it's over and that's what he wants to avoid by not taking part of their lives and they not taking part on his.

Remember also how he doesn't want to make a hole in their memories, and not even on Chizuru's life, given how damaged she was. He want's to do all this FOR THEM. That's why Ryo is telling him to think about himself for once.
Aug 29, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2016
Kaizaki... if you interacted with others, I think it'll not meaningless, at least you will learn something new and have a good memories with them, even if they would not remember you, but I'm pretty sure everything you did to them at least will make an impression to their heart and mind.
Aug 29, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2016
sbyrstall said:

Hello, we meet again lol.
If it was me, I think I can't decide too, since I will have a psychological conflict. Like, if I date her, and then she forgot me, can I forget her? And maybe I will fall really hard for her, if that happened, I think it'll be even harder for me to move on. And the feeling guilty about dating someone who will forget all of it, forget all of her love story, you know like "she could date someone else and last forever". I think I will have those kind of psychological conflict. But, I don't disagree with you too, by experiencing it, dating her, maybe it will lead him to be a better person, like understanding woman or something, and maybe it will leaving her some impression of what love is.

I think I've talked too much... sorry...
Aug 29, 2016 4:21 PM
Jun 2015
If it was me, I think I can't decide too, since I will have a psychological conflict. Like, if I date her, and then she forgot me, can I forget her? And maybe I will fall really hard for her, if that happened, I think it'll be even harder for me to move on. And the feeling guilty about dating someone who will forget all of it, forget all of her love story, you know like "she could date someone else and last forever". I think I will have those kind of psychological conflict. But, I don't disagree with you too, by experiencing it, dating her, maybe it will lead him to be a better person, like understanding woman or something, and maybe it will leaving her some impression of what love is.

Finally someone that thinks about the other half of the coin.

Dating someone you're already fell in love is a nice thing.
Knowing that everything that may evolve from that is going to disappear with absolutely certitude... is hideous. It hurts just to think about it.

It's like if they offered him a nice cake to eat. But the cake is going to rot as soon as he eats it. The instantaneous taste is going to be great. The outcoming might be deadly.

...argh.
Aug 29, 2016 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
Who knows, with there being two subjects in the same classroom and they fall for each other the executives just might change their minds on these two. One can only hope.

Aug 29, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2015
sbyrstall said:
Who knows, with there being two subjects in the same classroom and they fall for each other the executives just might change their minds on these two. One can only hope.

Too easy plot-wise

Sonikado said:

Finally someone that thinks about the other half of the coin.

Dating someone you're already fell in love is a nice thing.
Knowing that everything that may evolve from that is going to disappear with absolutely certitude... is hideous. It hurts just to think about it.

It's like if they offered him a nice cake to eat. But the cake is going to rot as soon as he eats it. The instantaneous taste is going to be great. The outcoming might be deadly.

...argh.

The more time he spends with her, the more painful will be the end. That's what he's trying to avoid.
Aug 29, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
Kaizaki Arata baited `3`

a huge fish indeed until my back hurts >v<
Aug 29, 2016 9:10 PM

May 2016
Why isn't Ryo telling Arata what he's thinking, instead of giving him the hard line? Messing with Arata's head isn't what he needs. Perhaps An could step in, and give a different perspective?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 30, 2016 3:16 AM

Mar 2015
yoake provoking arata is logical, but i have mixed feelings the way he does it.,.. everything about this project feel nasty if not because both of them clearly saying object is their priority... wonder how arata will resolve his problem...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 30, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
Everyone keep saying Arata is being not enough selfish, but I'm not sure that's really true. I mean, yeah ok he is avoiding the others, which means it will protect their memories of this year.

But I don't think that's the main reason why he's acting like that. Like some of you said, Arata really doesn't want to be forgotten. And I think it's all linked to what happened to his sempai. She died and was forgotten by everyone. I think he's terrified to end the way she did. And he certainly doesn't want to get attached to his friends or Hishiro because he knows he's gonna be the most hurt one when everyone forgets about him. So, in a way, of course he's being selfish !

He's actually protecting himself, and, of course, it's not good for the experiment because that's absolutely not what the executives want to see out of it.
Aug 31, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2014
Damn Onoya's expression after Yoake grabbed her head, lol.
Did... we... forgot some more-important thing...? Arata should hurry and apologize to Hishiro man lol.
It was nice chapter overall, psychological tag ftw.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Sep 2, 2016 3:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yoake's bait might have been a little to... idk, wrong? Not the best way to do it, that's for sure. But I understand how Kaizaki might feel in this situation and it totally makes sense for him not to hang around with everyone else if he's just going to be forgotten. The closer he is to everyone, the harder it will be to live on later, when everyone he cares about has forgotten him.

5/5
Sep 2, 2016 7:58 PM
Sep 2015
I still think it's just a bluff.
their friends will not forget anything about the relife subject.
but the company can't say, because would interfere with the experiment.

I can't stop thinking about the sci-fi behind it:
the relife experiment use just a pill. There is nothing supernatural on it.
the people around Kaizaki can't be affected by a pill taken only by him.

otherwise, that time he returned to "adult form" to visit sensei's grave would erase the memory of everyone.

maybe the company kidnap everyone involved with kaizaki and erase their memory... but it would be like terrorism! It's the only way (not supernatural) to erase those memories.
Sep 5, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2011
Yoake seems to not be honest with his feelings with Kaizaki but instead kind of vaguely gives him a push and steers him into the right direction. Although the last words that he gave Kaizaki were pretty touching. It sure is tough for Kaizaki to be going through all this pain and conflicts but hopefully he decides to spend his final time of the ReLIFE experiment making good long-lasting memories even if everyone will forget him.
Oct 14, 2016 4:11 AM

Jan 2016
You can be selfish Kaizaki, it's alright. No one will judge you. We're here for ya
Nov 2, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2016
I really don't understand what Yoake is trying to do by wanting to get Arata and Hishiron together?

He knows they'll both possibly forget each other, and he knows how painful it is for Arata knowing she'll forget about him. Why does he think getting Arata and Hishiron together is a good thing? How is it gonna benefit anyone?

I completely understand Arata when he said it's meaningless even if he does confess his feelings to her, since she'll forget about him anyway. Why doesn't Yoake understand that? It's pretty cruel of him to keep nudging the two of them together when he already knows what will happen. Even when Arata straight out tells Yoake what's going to happen and that's why he's not making a move, Yoake just vaguely says it's not meaningless, and Arata should be thinking about himself.

Well, even if he does think about himself, he'll have the same outcome? There's no benefit for him in confessing to Hishiron because of the whole memory wipe. T^T
Aug 7, 2017 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
Kaizaki needs to get his shit together!
Apr 24, 2022 9:57 AM

Jun 2017
Kiraikotsu said:
I really don't understand what Yoake is trying to do by wanting to get Arata and Hishiron together?

He knows they'll both possibly forget each other, and he knows how painful it is for Arata knowing she'll forget about him. Why does he think getting Arata and Hishiron together is a good thing? How is it gonna benefit anyone?

I completely understand Arata when he said it's meaningless even if he does confess his feelings to her, since she'll forget about him anyway. Why doesn't Yoake understand that? It's pretty cruel of him to keep nudging the two of them together when he already knows what will happen. Even when Arata straight out tells Yoake what's going to happen and that's why he's not making a move, Yoake just vaguely says it's not meaningless, and Arata should be thinking about himself.

Well, even if he does think about himself, he'll have the same outcome? There's no benefit for him in confessing to Hishiron because of the whole memory wipe. T^T

Pretty much this is what I have been thinking for the last 20 chapters or so! I am annoyed by Yoake's behaviour.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

4 by emanoel889 »»
Mar 24, 1:52 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 111 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2016

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 22, 7:09 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

6 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 22, 7:01 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Chapter 223 Discussion

destinically - Sep 22, 2021

2 by waalex11 »»
Apr 4, 2023 4:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.