Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
I'm looking for an anime where the main cast isn't made up of teenagers. I suppose even college level might be fine, but I'm looking for more of an adult cast. I'm currently watching Gangsta and just started Monster, and these two pretty much hit the target.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations? I'm not picky on genre as long as the characters are great and the plot is at least decent.

In case you want to know what I've seen and/or am watching at the moment.

Thank you in advance!
Jul 28, 2016 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
rainbow
opening
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 28, 2016 10:43 AM

Mar 2015
Golgo 13

Jul 28, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2016
Planetes
Honey and Clover
Ghost in the Shell SAC + S2
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Jul 28, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Baccano!
Major (after season 2-3)
Mushishi
Nanatsu no Taizai
Nodame Cantabile (after first season)
Ookami to Koushinryou
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 28, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2012
Bartender has one of the oldest adult casts I've seen in anime. Some characters are past retirement. It's an episodic show, though.

Other shows not yet mentioned with adult casts
Hyouge Mono
Hataraki Man
Samurai Champloo (though Fuu is just fifteen)
Sarai-ya Goyou ("House of Five Leaves")
Oh! Edo Rocket
"Bake Neko," the final arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its sequel Mononoke
NHK ni Youkoso!
Saiunkoku Monogatari

Shows with mostly adults but a youngster as an important character
Seirei no Moribito (30-yo female bodyguard protects a 12-yo prince)
Claymore (female adult demon slayer takes on a teen-aged boy as a cook and companion)
Kurenai (mains are 16 and 7; most everyone else is an adult)
Usagi Drop (30-yo man informally adopts his deceased grandfather's illegitimate 5-yo daughter)
sweetness and lightning (playing now; recently widowed teacher bonds with his 4-yo daughter and a student over cooking)
SeijiSenseiJul 29, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 28, 2016 7:01 PM

Apr 2015
Black Lagoon
Jormungand
Fate/Zero
Kaiji
Akagi

all are awesome and features a major adult cast
Jul 28, 2016 7:10 PM
Aug 2011
Mouryou no Hako! All mains are adults, Horror/Mistery
Jul 28, 2016 8:31 PM
Jul 2018

Mousou Dairinin

It's a great psychological show, adult and serious.
Interesting stories with dark and creepy atmosphere.
Jul 29, 2016 12:53 AM
Aug 2014
golden time
neon genesis evangelion
phantom requiem for the phantom
sekaiichi hatsukoi
psycho pass
Jul 29, 2016 1:09 AM

Apr 2010
+1 Rurouni Kenshin
Rose of Versailles (they start young but they grow really fast)
Trigun
Durarara (half young half older)
Bungou stray dogs
do

Jul 29, 2016 4:23 AM
Oct 2011
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Death Parade
Shiro Bako
Jul 29, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Galaxy__ said:

The hero is still a child.
Jul 29, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Thank you all for your recommendations! I'll be sure to check them out ^_^
Jul 29, 2016 1:26 PM
Feb 2009
I definately recommend you Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers) - it's a story about adults trying to become astronauts, about their lifes and problems, and it's super hilarious and motivating! :)
Jul 30, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2015
Rei366 said:
Galaxy__ said:

what are you talking about ?
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 30, 2016 2:42 AM

Jan 2016
Galaxy__ said:
Rei366 said:

what are you talking about ?

It's a flashback, when Kenshin fought in the Bakumatsu he was 15.
Jul 30, 2016 2:58 AM

Feb 2014
Michiko to Hatchin. Except for Hatchin, everyone else in the cast are adults who are well over 20.
Saraiya Goyou (House of Five Leaves)
Planetes
Wolf's Rain
Black Lagoon
The Big O
Jul 30, 2016 3:19 AM

Mar 2011
Gensoumaden Saiyuki - an epic, literally.
Jul 30, 2016 3:42 AM

Dec 2014
Death Parade.
-----------------

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jul 30, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
cowboy bepop
death parade
psycho pass
black cat
kiseijuu
zankyou no terror
Jul 30, 2016 7:27 AM

Jun 2011
Cheer Boys!

What? They are in college!
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Cheer Boys!

This made me laugh, haha.
But I watched like a clip of it when it first started airing and it looks... different. Is it any good?
Jul 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2011
Poopewpachoo said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Cheer Boys!

This made me laugh, haha.
But I watched like a clip of it when it first started airing and it looks... different. Is it any good?

It is like Free but... I kinda think it is better because of the more diverse cast *points to character Ton* I mean most f the time when these shows have an overweight guy they have him eat all the time and be gross like Choji in Naruto but no. This guy is clean, hard working and does all the same stuff just has to work harder. And he is a valued team member. But i donno... I like those shows. On the bright side, I would say you would only need to watch one ep to know if it was for you. It is what it is. Cheer Boys.

Actually because of how it is structured, I would say this is if Love Live and Free had a baby. XD. Love Live did a lot of things right in the big attractive cast anime and I feel Cheer Boys has all the same good qualities. Except it is about cheerleader men in college. So.
Energetic-NovaJul 30, 2016 9:59 AM
Jul 30, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

It is like Free but... I kinda think it is better because of the more diverse cast *points to character Ton* I mean most f the time when these shows have an overweight guy they have him eat all the time and be gross like Choji in Naruto but no. This guy is clean, hard working and does all the same stuff just has to work harder. And he is a valued team member. But i donno... I like those shows. On the bright side, I would say you would only need to watch one ep to know if it was for you. It is what it is. Cheer Boys.

Actually because of how it is structured, I would say this is if Love Live and Free had a baby. XD. Love Live did a lot of things right in the big attractive cast anime and I feel Cheer Boys has all the same good qualities. Except it is about cheerleader men in college. So.

Hmm, well... I did enjoy Free, so maybe I'll check it out. I mean, it's not going to kill me if I just watch one episode. I'll keep it on the side for now, but I'll give it shot one of these days. Thanks!
Jul 30, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2011
Poopewpachoo said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

Hmm, well... I did enjoy Free, so maybe I'll check it out. I mean, it's not going to kill me if I just watch one episode. I'll keep it on the side for now, but I'll give it shot one of these days. Thanks!
It would be a great palate cleanser anime if you happen to watch something that goes too dark one episode. XD I used to watch Free after Attack on Titan.
Jul 30, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

It would be a great palate cleanser anime if you happen to watch something that goes too dark one episode. XD I used to watch Free after Attack on Titan.

Haha, I'm glad we think alike xD I love psychological/horror/mystery shows, so I definitely need shows like this to keep me from freaking out too much.

More topics from this board

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

50 by LoveYourSmile »»
3 hours ago

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» i need you

blackmirrorerror - Yesterday

3 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Need alil help?

Nutjobb1 - Aug 27, 2008

4 by Ruskimeister »»
5 hours ago

» Is there anything left for us?!

fattdaddio - Yesterday

4 by Ruskimeister »»
5 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.