Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 9, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2010
That's it? After all that obvious build-up that Miyabi's brain/consciousness/soul got transplanted into Mira we get absolutely no pay-off? Gigantic letdown in an already rushed ending 2/5.

The series was ok, but nothing special, Mira a cute 5/10.
Apr 9, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
Finished this show. It was OK.
I just saw a Moai Statue...
4/5.
8/10.

Apr 17, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
This is a decent show. It has a good concept and likeable characters. But the story in not as interesting as they are trying to portray. 7/10
Apr 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
animefan8800 said:
Well I guess that was an ending, but none of it left any real impact. Kyouma remembering Miyabi's end, Mira's gaining a heart, none of it hit me really. Closest was Loser, and then he died....so yeah. Overall an okay show, but it probably coulda used more episodes to better establish the world and grow more attachment to the characters. Plus not have so much of it feel quite as random/confusing as it did. I'll probably forget about this pretty quickly. If I had to pick something to miss it'd probably be that Lasithi or whatever woman's boobs so....yeah. 6/10

perfectly sums up my feelings too really
Apr 19, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Good series.
It will be great if 25 or 50 episodes, with more background for all the side char.

Short 12 episodes but it solid packed.
Apr 21, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2016
Now that's how you do a shitty ending! applauds couldn't ask for more.

a solid 2/10
Apr 26, 2016 2:59 AM

Jan 2011
was interesting at first, half way until the end was a bit confusing and rushed, Kyouma's lost memories feel like no big deal

still an entertaining series, but will be forgotten soon
Apr 27, 2016 9:01 PM

Oct 2008
7/10 from me. Had a very strong start, but then just got weirder and weirder towards the end.
May 4, 2016 9:49 PM

Jun 2011
The setting overall was pretty cool, but I really am not too fond of the characters, especially Mira, I just hate girls who act 'cute', it makes me cringe. I don't really like the protagonist too, I find his 'badassery' as forced as I thought of it by the second episode.

The pacing was just meh towards the finale, I've heard the manga readers say that this was rushed, I guess it's true. I couldn't really understand everything by the end, nor do I care to understand anything. Kyoma's development was also pretty rushed. He was acting so hard to get before the final arc, but all of the sudden, he's the 'nice older brother'?

I thought the OP was great, but after listening to it for so many times, I actually find it pretty average. It's just different from the norm.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 8, 2016 7:51 AM
Mar 2012
Before watching I heard this show later goes to shit. It didn't.
It's rushed & super dense, but consistent since ep4 (when the horror+mystery flooded in).
Scifi seems rarely done well, but this explored a lot of technicalities & backstory, and had a cute end, even tho manga seems ongoing, so hoping for more after more gets published.

Summary:
Final Kyouma memory recovered by Mira help. Mc went into W space, met Miyabi in lab. She didn't want the Genesis as it would destroy the world. So mc destroyed it, and got teleported back to real world.
Mc & Mira temporarily went into green W space, where Dr. Yurizaki is (confirmed alive & living like Haruka), and he gave her a special coil (heart that has emotions?) to replace the red coil that was going berserk.
Cute ending, they were funny talking in midair "father!" lol, Kyouma finally called Mira by name, was able to properly visit Miyabi's grave, and maybe "flirted" with Miyabi's sister.
Some nice OST.

Somehow I liked Kyouma & Mira more than most winter season characters. They have such strong character, a lot of history, and they gradually change, even though mc seemed stubborn at first. Rip Loser, along with Lwuai/Salva, very interesting backstories and ideals. Character designs, even sides, are pretty wacky & memorable. Action mostly well animated, and cg mechs seem ok.
Biggest problem was pacing that causes confusion & dampens emotional impact. But still felt sad for Loser & Ellie. I'm glad I wrote summaries to make sense, otherwise it'd seem a mess. The writings cool, often development is linked to certain details in past episodes, to build up the whole mystery. Feels like the source is solid, but really needed 22+ episodes, or needs more simplification of the scifi part (depend how it's done might dumb it down to generic action). But still the rare attempt at hard sci-fi and mystery makes it memorable.
gophercgMay 8, 2016 7:58 AM
May 14, 2016 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
I thought this was a decent ending, tbh this show confuses me way to much lol. At its start I thought it was an typical shounen, by its end I basically feel the same way, although I ended up liking it SLIGHTLY more than I did from episode 1. I'd say 7.5/10 for me. Really gonna miss that op song though, one of my all time favorites. For the record I enjoyed it enough to watch another season if that ever came to be.
May 15, 2016 1:25 AM

Mar 2013
I'm still so very confused. Maybe the manga will make more sense once I get further.
May 21, 2016 11:32 AM
Mar 2015
oryo23 said:
oh I will miss kyouma dancing in the op

Me. This is me right here! And I saw it only once!
May 22, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2012
Was a decent watch, confusing ending but it wasn't bad.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 31, 2016 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Gave it an 8/10 I enjoyed it very much. I'm glad that OP was played at the end. That OP is awesome!!
May 31, 2016 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
It felt so shallow all around. It was almost laughably annoying and cliche throughout the last half that it made me want to puke blood.

I hated the ending, I hated the "bad guy", and I hated how all of it was handled.

7/10 lingering towards a 6.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jun 7, 2016 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
+ Interesting concept
+ Great main characters
+ Lake/Murder mystery arc
+satisfying ending
+/- ok villain once they showed him being a villain, but was introduced awfully late into the story
+/- story was hit or miss and didn't live up the concept presented
- plenty of boring and uninteresting side characters
- incredibly rushed pacing
- just generally not as impactful as I was hoping

Final Rating: 7/10
Jun 8, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2012
perhaps I had big expectations..
average show. never mind w being shown as negative x lol.
came for sci-fi, stayed for Mira.
why can't anime girls be real T_T

Jul 1, 2016 6:16 PM
Nov 2010
Pretty interesting and nice-looking. The plot didn't have many flaws.
Jul 7, 2016 5:18 PM
Aug 2014
Loved it. Animation was good, soundtrack was awesome, story was well in the end only decent i guess. But what carried this show really to me were the characters.
Kyouma was such a cool guy, simply a great MC. And Mira gave me both those cute awww-moments and a nosebleed. I just love robot girls.
Then you have looser who was everyones favorite and even minor side characters like those digging-siblings or Fu were relatable.

Also that dance in the op is the coolest fucking thing ever
Jul 20, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
Finally finished this in a few days.

This turned out to be quite a great series. I was surprised by a few parts like lwai few robotic bodies, salva was a doting brother etc.

Probably the first coil was now with mira. A nice closure. I love kyoma dancing in the op.

8/10
Jul 31, 2016 8:32 PM

Feb 2014
As an overall, boring anime... and it went too 'wtf'

5/10
Aug 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2008
Maybe I was expecting to much after the first 2 episodes,sure it wasnt anything to amazing, but it had that feel of a "buddy cop-esque" series set in a sci fi setting and that can always be entertaining.

What followed however was very mediocre and forgettable to say the least.The plot points that should have left a impact just fell flat,the pacing felt extremely rushed,the story was all over the place,side characters were mostly forgotten or unimportant,the 2 main characters were ok but couldn't carry the entire series all by themselves.

I'll probably forget even watching this in a week or so.
Dec 10, 2016 11:22 AM
Nov 2015
Wow, this was good apart from the ending. Why no romance between the 2 main characters? I really hope they didn't imply that he would be going for his late fiance's older sister now. Apart from the ending it was really good.

Edit: I gave it some thought and am fine if Mabuchi ends up with Tsubaki. I understand that the concept of a human-robot relationship would be exclusive only to some anime where it is the main focus, so it's fine if those two end up together given their history. Although considering how Mira had all Miyabi's proportions and how it was implied so much throughout this season (to me at least) that there is something between those 2, it is still quite disappointing, but I came to terms with it.
-chronosDec 11, 2016 12:10 PM
Oct 13, 2017 2:36 PM
Mar 2016
to be honest until now i search anime with good story even with romance, but good romance story
i done with Anime's Romance story now days

and look like i skip one of type anime i search for long time

normally i give 8/10 for story
but because Romance i give 9/10
no cringe romance
Feb 10, 2018 4:43 AM

Jun 2017
That was awesome. A great ending to a great anime. I admit I didn't expect much from this prior to watching it, just based off the synopsis and the name... but I had a feeling I was in for a ride the moment I saw the OP, haha.

I like this anime, almost everything about it was good.
Feb 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
Antanaru said:
This show sure wasted a lot of potential. Started very strong but ended completely mediocre and forgettable. Seems like it was mainly the fault of rushing and butchering the source material. Fuck anime industry for stuffing everything into 12/24 format.

This. Anime industry nowadays is just horrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2018 5:42 AM

Jul 2017
The ending was... okay. It was predictable. I'm not sure exactly what happened, though. Kyouma calling Mira by name was obviously going to happen. I still think Haruka was a really generic villain that, though he obviously had a role, seemed kind of just introduced out of the blue. There was so much exposition in this series as a whole, that I really don't think it was that great. 6/10
May 22, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2008
I was almost certain that Mira had Miyabi's brain in her skull. After all, it was not for nothing that Koorogi said that he could not figure out how the brain works. I thought the doctors had lied to Kyouma, and in fact the operation was successful in the strictest secrecy. But no... it was too difficult, I guess.

I would be interested to look at Kyouma's face if he found out that his beloved had been around all this time. And he humiliated her and hit her on the head ^^'

Such an idea missed!
Aug 19, 2019 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
Will read the manga just for bond between Mira and Kyouma.

Other than some interesting characters, show was bad, mediocre at best.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Jul 13, 2020 12:35 PM

May 2015
Ahhhh, that was a great re-watch. Such an enjoyable series.

That "Who are you calling father?" line killed me lmao. Also I love the connection between the OP and Genesis. Using names for links, I like it.

Sucks to see Loser go. He's one of the most likeable and unique characters in this series.

I really like how Mira got a true coil heart. I really hope in the manga Mira starts developing feelings for Kyouma with that new heart. It was would be soooo cute. About to go binge the manga and hope theres a decent amount of new content after the anime. I want to see more of Kyouma and Mira's adventures.

Such a good series. Great to see one of my top 10 favourite characters again for the first time in a long while. She's so adorable!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2020 12:42 AM

Nov 2009
God this was such a mess, the info dumping in the last quarter of the show plus the complete focus shift leads me to wonder if there were issues with the scriptwriting or something.

Also loved the whole "this is my last spin darts!" then the ending shows him back as a collector still using them.. like who the fuck writes this shit AND they had the audacity to have a skyfall scene here, completely undeserved.

Going to give this a generous 5/10 first half was fine bordering on good then it just got progressively worse.
Nov 15, 2020 11:16 AM
May 2020
That was great!!! RIP Loser, you were one of the best.....
I really enjoyed the show with the unique concept and also the chemistry building around the MC be it of the past or present. It had really touching moments along with serious actions and also some comedies. I'll be happy to see a season 2 of this show.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.