52.1%
Is it not OK?
35.4%
Both are tied about the plot?
12.5%
48 votes
Feb 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2015
I did not think this were to happen but Clannad After Story lost Rank#7. Of course Boku dake ga Inai Machi is an amazing anime maybe the best in 2016, but After Story made me lift out stronger emotions, will. What do everybody say?!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 11, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
Clannad characters look ugly af. The show with the cuter characters win.
Feb 11, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
So emotions=better anime?

I cried from Tokyo Magnitude and not from Boku dake yet the latter is infinitely better in terms of story and character.

I really enjoy Clannad AS but it's plot can't be compared to Boku dake's.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 11, 2016 1:05 PM

Oct 2014
I am way more concerned for it surpassing logh than clannad but i would say clannad as is still way better than erased
Feb 11, 2016 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
Lol, it's like OPM all over again.
Feb 11, 2016 1:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Clannad AS is my favourite anime by far, but Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a full package and i applaud for that.
Feb 11, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2014
bobzanny said:

I cried from Tokyo Magnitude and not from Boku dake yet the latter is infinitely better in terms of story and character.

what is so amazing about erased plot?
Feb 11, 2016 2:18 PM
Jun 2013
HecticLeo said:
Clannad characters look ugly af. The show with the cuter characters win.

There's almost an eight year time gap between the two's air dates though...
Feb 11, 2016 2:20 PM

Sep 2015
Who cares?

MAL ranking system is shit anyways...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 11, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
-Senpai- said:
Who cares?

Pretty much this.
Feb 11, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2009
Clannad is great like I was affected by it for months but this has one of the best engaging stories I have ever seen.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Feb 11, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:

this is an hilarious statement tbh
Feb 11, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
The rating atm doesn't mean much just like the OPM rating wasn't nearly as accurate as it should be. You get the first accurate score after everyone settled down from the hype, which probably costs like 3-4 months. After the anime ends it lasts around 5 days until everyone has seen the final episode and then the score will sink just like OPM did and currently does. You don't watch an anime and be like "this is the best there is" because you always need some time to collect your thoughts and the actual emotional attachment you get from it.
bobzanny said:

I don't think that makes sense. People need to stop having such a tunnel view about comparing every anime. For me Clannad: After Story is by far better than boke daku because I actually cared about the characters. Of course the story wasn't nearly as intense or interesting as boku dake but it doesn't try to do that, the whole story is around the characters. A good plot, intense moment and likeable characters (while you don't really know much about them) isn't enough for me to get so much into it.
Of course all this doesn't make sense if you're just watching anime for the enjoyment you get out of it, which is of course totally fine. Each to there own, I guess. ^.^
Feb 11, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2015
-Senpai- said:
Who cares?

It always has been, and probably always will be.
Feb 11, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
So according to some people here, "more feels" and "better art" = automatically best anime of all time

The Anime Community – providing you flawless logic since 1995™

(I haven't watched AE by the way, so you can accuse me of fangirlism all you want)
-Senpai- said:
Who cares?

There is nothing wrong with MAL ranking system

It's its users that are wrong
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 11, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
FINALLY

Finally a top 10 I can agree with.
Feb 11, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Comic_Sans said:
So according to some people here, "more feels" and "better art" = best anime of all time

-Senpai- said:
Who cares?

Well, in all honesty, a good show should be able to induce feels in the audience (any kind of feels, including shock, horror, disgust, sorrow, tragedy, happiness, epicness, etc), but they shouldn't blind people to all the flaws.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Feb 11, 2016 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
LightBladeNova said:
Comic_Sans said:
So according to some people here, "more feels" and "better art" = best anime of all time

Well, in all honesty, a good show should be able to induce feels in the audience (any kind of feels, including shock, horror, disgust, sorrow, tragedy, happiness, epicness, etc), but they shouldn't blind people to all the flaws.
That's what I meant

You can't just choose to focus on one or two things when judging a movie/TV series/cartoon/etc and ignore the rest, you have to take as many factors as possible into account
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 11, 2016 3:05 PM
Oct 2012
I'd like to choose the "Who the fuck cares?" option please.

Both are good. Both have very different settings. All I have to say.
Feb 11, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Animetropolis said:
I did not think this were to happen but Clannad After Story lost Rank#7. Of course Boku dake ga Inai Machi is an amazing anime maybe the best in 2016, but After Story made me lift out stronger emotions, will. What do everybody say?!

I would say best of last years, but Clannad = something that you can't put in top list. It's just Something that great that I don't think that I will see anything better in my while life.
I don't know how Boku dake will end, but it Could be a little closers to Clannad then every other production.
But on MAL everything is possible (especially if something like FMA is ranked as the best anime...)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 11, 2016 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
LightBladeNova said:
Comic_Sans said:

ranpo kitan was able to induce feels in me(i was laughing through the hole series)but i still consider it the worst series i have ever watched
Feb 11, 2016 3:23 PM

Mar 2014
HiroMitamano said:
Comic_Sans said:
So according to some people here, "more feels" and "better art" = automatically best anime of all time

(I haven't watched AE by the way, so you can accuse me of fangirlism all you want)

Of course these things are from person to person different because everyone experiences all kinds of emotions differently. You can't deny that you are only watching anime because of different emotions you have, otherwise you would have to follow some kind of social model like the homo economicus and than you wouldn't even watch anime because it isn't rational :D.
Of course there's always some kind of story that gets to people because it lets them think about it and maybe even inspires them. For me for example: I didn't think the story of Kiseijuu (Parasyte) was deep while other people experienced it like that.

I'd really like to ask you why you gave Nana a 10? It has to do with the emotions you got out of it because there are other people which probably hated it or just didn't like it as much as you did.

In the end everything depends on your personal opinion which is in fact the way you or rather your brain and emotional thinking gets influenced by what you see.
I don't know if my english is too bad for saying what I want to say comprehensible but fuck it who cares about the thinking of some random dude on the other? Amiright? The whole point wasn't even to lecture people I just really like to get my thoughts on paper... or rather an LCD screen. ᕕ(◉Д◉ )ᕗ
Congrats, I don't know how you did it but you somehow managed to completely miss the point

Read my post again
Nico- said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
Animetropolis said:

I would say best of last years, but Clannad = something that you can't put in top list. It's just Something that great that I don't think that I will see anything better in my while life.
I don't know how Boku dake will end, but it Could be a little closers to Clannad then every other production.
But on MAL everything is possible (especially if something like FMA is ranked as the best anime...)

Fma level of quality is something erased or clannad as can never hope to achieve
Feb 11, 2016 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
HiroMitamano said:
Yeah, no like I said that wasn't even directly at you I just wanted to say what I think.
Your reply was a reply to my first statement, so yes, I would say it was directed at me
But you also said "It's its users that are wrong" which is kind of passive aggressive about the opinions about others :x
And how exactly is pointing out that it's not the review system's fault if a lot of some users seem to think that Average = 7 although the review system clearly indicates that Average = 5 passive aggressive?
Nico- said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
just wait till the anime ends, it depends on the ending of boku dake. if the ending is meh, it'll probably lose it's present rank. too early to decide that clannad is beat by boku dake, i love both so i don't know which one to root for but i guess if both are in top 10, that'd be cool.
Feb 11, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2010
I am just waitng for the Clannad trolls to start making fake accounts to downvote this show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2007
Comic_Sans said:

-Senpai- said:
Who cares?

That seems to be the case, but who died and made teen melodrama the be all end all genre
Feb 11, 2016 3:47 PM

Mar 2014
HiroMitamano said:
Huh? You meant that? I only had the top anime in mind because the whole talk was about that. Yeah sorry, I didn't think about that. When it comes to this I agree but also not somehow. For me 5 isn't average, for me a 5 is below average but still not really bad. That's also something everyone sees different and of course there are people who give every anime a 10 because they just watch them because they're enjoying them. I was also like this when I started watching anime :D I thought that's just a sign of inexperience.
Maybe, but I still think not using the whole rating scale and choosing to overlook an anime's flaws and only base your ratings on how much you enjoyed something is kind of dumb
Kaioshin_Sama said:
That seems to be the case, but who died and made teen melodrama the be all end all genre
No idea
Nico- said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Not going to have this thread. We already got a "Do you think this will reach #1." Expect stuff to be beat.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Kobayashi, Kenya question (Spoilers!!!)

xZabuzax - Jun 5

4 by Belegstrongbow15 »»
Jun 12, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

587 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

834 by MrList »»
Jun 10, 9:15 PM

» About the ending!!

Reckless_weeb - Feb 25

23 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 5, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1404 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 5, 3:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.