ultravigo said:
Comic_Sans said:
They don't get enough D/p0ssi in real life

well i think we have someone here who have got enough D in real life
GoSaiyan said:
Comic_Sans said:
They don't get enough D/p0ssi in real life

Speak for yourself.
I am terribly sorry for not being a NEET who faps to loli harem anime and has sex with her Kirito Kirigay body pillow on a daily basis
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 8, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2013
Comic_Sans said:
ultravigo said:

well i think we have someone here who have got enough D in real life
GoSaiyan said:

Speak for yourself.
I am terribly sorry for not being a NEET who faps to loli harem anime and has sex with her Kirito Kirigay body pillow on a daily basis

You mean Kaneki doujins?

Dec 8, 2015 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
why would people ship kaneki with glasses-kun when they can ship him with french guy???
Dec 8, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2014
hoopla123 said:
Comic_Sans said:

You mean Kaneki doujins?

[im*g]http://i.imgur.com/kF5accx.jpg[/img]
No

Stop harassing me or I'll expose your Yukinon doujin collection to the rest of the world
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 8, 2015 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
why would people ship kaneki with glasses-kun when they can ship him with french guy???

Ur right

I should have posted this instead:

Comic_Sans said:
hoopla123 said:

You mean Kaneki doujins?

[im*g]http://i.imgur.com/kF5accx.jpg[/img]
No

Stop harassing me or I'll expose your Yukinon doujin collection to the rest of the world

Fite me. I've already won this war.
Dec 8, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
TG in a nutshell
Dec 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2014
Fuck, this thread, or rather the responses to it gave me cancer. All this name calling and stupid labeling people are doing in here, just because someone enjoys a genre they don't, laughable. Shows how shitty anime community can be.

Harems can be enjoyable because of the diverse cast, you can always find a character you like, the overall light and fun tone and plenty of fanservice in most cases. The appeal is pretty obvious. Unfortunately, a lot of them suffer from being terribly generic, though. But that's only a problem if you've already seen a few.
ImaishiDec 8, 2015 4:18 PM
Dec 8, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
Imaishi said:
Fuck, this thread, or rather the responses to it gave me cancer. All this name calling and stupid labeling people are doing in here, just because someone enjoys a genre they don't, laughable. Shows how shitty anime community can be.

Harems can be enjoyable because of the diverse cast, you can always find a character you like, the overall light and fun tone and plenty of fanservice in most cases. The appeal is pretty obvious. Unfortunately, a lot of them suffer from being terribly generic, though. But that's only a problem if you've already seen a few.
^^^^^^

love it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 8, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Klad said:
It's every weeb's dream to have a harem full of underage girls
Says weebs...

It's a universal fantasy/wish, but Japan at least turned it into something where both parties can have fun with it. Y'know, as opposed to turning them into lifeless concubines who exist for the sole purpose of reproducing and pleasing.
Dec 9, 2015 6:40 AM
Dec 9, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2009
Paul said:
It also has a higher chance to appeal to the mass. Each character of the harem generally falls under a different trope. That's why you don't see something like a harem with 5 tsundere girls very often. This also applies to reverse harems.

Imaishi said:

Basically, this.
Dec 9, 2015 7:18 AM

Sep 2015
People that have a job in japan usually don't watch anything but the mainstream anime like One Piece, Detective Conan and Sazae-san.

Harem anime is usually aired after midnight when the working force sleeps to survive their 12 hour shifts.

At that time the common NEET is the most active and will consume any wish fullfillment that they will never satisfy irl because they can't support a family. Or they will just buy the disk. Thus the animation studio making this crap gets to continue its business

Then a moron from another country will subsequently watch it and stereotype an entire people because he had to bitch about it on a forum instead of doing a ten second google that the moron isn't capable of performing.

And so the cycle closes and begins anew
I hope this was helpful
Dec 9, 2015 7:21 AM

May 2015
What's weird is that those harems are very romantic. The design, the atmosphere is more feminine and tender rather than macho. It's different than the Western fantasy of 'blow shit up and get the girl'.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 9, 2015 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
mayukachan said:
phmmoura said:

But that's the thing. The plot is their relationship. Stories like that are quite hard to keep up in a good way, but I do think it's still great.
it's bland. the story has already reached the climax and there's no reason to continue it even further.. unless the author has something else planned.

Here's the deal,its the same as with Ore Monogatari where people complain about the slice of life elements and how it feels very aimless in its latter half,but they don't consider that if you take out the slice of life elements from a romance series you need to replace them with something else and you usually end up with either:

-love triangles/polygons where they keep introducing insignificant side characters to add some tension and flip the "will they wont they end up" switch on a constant basis.These type of series keep this on until the very end where a confession finally happens and that's a wrap.
-melodrama (one of the main characters goes into comma,losses memory,breaks up for a petty reason just so that they can get back together again...
-constant comedy shoved down the viewers throat, to the point where it almost replaces any romantic elements in the favor of slapstick or randomness (Arakawa Under the Bridge)

So ill take SOL in a romance any day of the week...
Dec 9, 2015 7:31 AM

Sep 2015
amateur said:

Here's the deal,its the same as with Ore Monogatari where people complain about the slice of life elements and how it feels very aimless in its latter half,but they don't consider that if you take out the slice of life elements from a romance series you need to replace them with something else and you usually end up with either:

-love triangles/polygons where they keep introducing insignificant side characters to add some tension and flip the "will they wont they end up" switch on a constant basis.These type of series keep this on until the very end where a confession finally happens and that's a wrap.
-melodrama (one of the main characters goes into comma,losses memory,breaks up for a petty reason just so that they can get back together again...
-constant comedy shoved down the viewers throat, to the point where it almost replaces any romantic elements in the favor of slapstick or randomness (Arakawa Under the Bridge)

So ill take SOL in a romance any day of the week...

+1. I've always thought SOL goes hand-in-hand with romance, because it gives relationships and romance so much room to develop freely. SOL's a great fit with 'em.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 9, 2015 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
Wish fulfilment.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 9, 2015 3:16 PM

Mar 2015
Nagirah said:
Wish fulfillment.
Dec 9, 2015 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
It's hard enough for Japanese men to get a single partner, let alone ten...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who is your favourite "Otoko no ko" (男の娘)?

Anjuro - 41 minutes ago

14 by Anjuro »»
1 minute ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps. ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

50 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
13 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

45 by henmwats »»
28 minutes ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

41 by Kenzolo-folk »»
41 minutes ago

» Did you "really" watch a show if you didn't see it in Blu-Ray?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

13 by BigBoyAdvance »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.